FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              825      
       827              1382       1383       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

chuckles84
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.826 #1 · p.826 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I was supposed to get my B+W IR/UV cut filter today, but it hasn't shown up yet.

Jan 07, 2014 at 11:21 PM
lenticular11
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.826 #2 · p.826 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great shots Chuckles and not easy to nail focus on 'canine action' shots

That CV 40/1.4 looks good. My first M8 lens was the 35/1.4 MC version and I like it well enough but I'm not sure how it's viewed in comparison to the earlier 40.

My latest M lens acquisition was a Zeiss 25/2.8. New (2nd hand - unused), boxed for Australian$800, so a real bargain. I'm extremely happy at its performance.

I'm at work (taking a 5 min break) so can't comment on linked vids or Flickr-linked photos, but will browse some more after work today.

Jan 08, 2014 at 01:03 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.826 #3 · p.826 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

BrianVS I've never seen a 5cm summarit so well controlled wide open. Mine is very swirly and mushes around the corner.

Gary thanks for those links, I'm downloading them now and will watch it after work.

Lenticular, congrats on your 25mm. I've read multiple times its the sharpest of their ZM series

This is a pic from my last holiday. I lust for an M9 from time to time but I would be very hesitant to use it in bad weather, I'm glad the M has weather sealing.

Jan 08, 2014 at 05:58 AM
muc_marlin
• •
p.826 #4 · p.826 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rirakuma, would you mind to answer why you lust from time to time after a M9?

Weather sealing is defiantly a feature I would like to have as well, but for now, knocking on wood, I had no problems at all. It was last summer when I bought the M9-P and since then I made many hikes with overnighting outside, some of them are also very wet. The body and lenses got wet sometimes and worked flawless. Of course it is not a long time span....hopefully it continues that way. But still as mentioned above, weather sealing is a excellent thing to have, no question!

For what I photograph I am still a big fan of the M9 generation and I just love for sentimental reasons the feel, handling and the classic look of that generation....the last of it's kind. As a 100% hobbyist I can afford to think this way. Despite all my enthusiasm about my M9-P I am a bit anxious about the first winter (battery), not so much for one day or one night outside, more likely my planed Lapland vacation where I will be 10-12 days in a rope outside. Well, I do bring 6 batteries with me, luckily I have a MP and 25 Velvia 50 films as backup.

Thanks for the comments and likes!

Jan 08, 2014 at 09:17 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.826 #5 · p.826 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Hey Peter, I feel that the M9 has different tonal and colour palette to the M. I've defended the M many times but I have to admit that I think some images would render better with the M9 sensor. The M files are very smooth much like the monochrom while the average M9 files looks like it has much more bite. The M also tends to be warm in general that is even after a white balance correction. I think the colours from the M is more "accurate" to what I see in real life but the M9 has a colour palette that is very pleasing. There's been many samples of people showing how similar the files are SOOC but the biggest difference is how they behave in post. I don't want to ramble on too much but I don't think I'll ever lose the lust for an M9 and may eventually buy one. The reason why I'm sticking with the M at this point is because I'm having thoughts about getting some work as a photographer and I feel that M will be much better suited for my needs. Great pictures as always, I love mountaineering and I wish we had some places like you do near your area . All I get to see here is bush, bush and more bush.

Jan 08, 2014 at 10:41 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.826 #6 · p.826 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks for sharing the vid Gary , I'm watching that first ep from Alex Webb he's one of my fav photogs. Its very interesting but I wish I could know how he uses those light meters. I didn't grow up on film and I don't understand the need of a light meter if you can use exposure lock with the shutter.

Jan 08, 2014 at 01:47 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.826 #7 · p.826 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I love your last pic Rocky! It was actually Joe who posted those videos but thanks anyway. I think it is a case of using whatever metering method you are used to and comfortable with. I used a light meter with my film cameras but I always found it to be an extra step I didn't care for - especially when shooting on the go. I prefer to use in camera metering in most cases even though I could potentially get slightly better results with a hand held meter. I think with the superior dynamic range of the newer sensors, there is a little more room to recover from errors in exposure.

Jan 08, 2014 at 03:48 PM
rirakuma
• • •
p.826 #8 · p.826 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Sorry I completely missed that, thank you Joe for that video!

Jan 08, 2014 at 04:16 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.826 #9 · p.826 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I just stumbled accross a free download of Erwin Puts' Lens Compendium (2005 Version). I'm sure some of you have already seen it but just in case.... It has some great information including detailed descriptions of all the lenses. If you are using or considering buying "older" Leica lenses, it may come in handy.

http://leicarumors.com/2011/12/22/download-the-old-version-of-leica-lens-compendium-by-erwin-puts-for-free.aspx/

Jan 08, 2014 at 04:58 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.826 #10 · p.826 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

three from this afternoon, but I miss so badly some nice snow !

the sharpness wide open is amazing

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

muc_marlin
• •
p.826 #11 · p.826 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Just want to show the wide open performance, since this lens isn't that popular.

100% crop., mild sharpening is applied

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:42 PM
seekuh
• •
p.826 #12 · p.826 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Is this the Schliersee in the second photo?

Jan 08, 2014 at 08:55 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.826 #13 · p.826 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

seekuh wrote:
Is this the Schliersee in the second photo?

No, this is the Eibsee located in front of the northern Zugspitze.

Jan 08, 2014 at 09:10 PM
seekuh
• •
p.826 #14 · p.826 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

muc_marlin wrote:
No, this is the Eibsee located in front of the northern Zugspitze.

Oh. stupid me. Thanks!

Jan 08, 2014 at 09:12 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.826 #15 · p.826 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Isn't the Zugspitze one of the higher mountains in all of Germany? Beautiful looking place.

Jan 08, 2014 at 09:33 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.826 #16 · p.826 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Isn't the Zugspitze one of the higher mountains in all of Germany? Beautiful looking place.

With 2962 meters the highest in Germany. But this day wasn't a wide angle day, perhaps next time.

Jan 08, 2014 at 09:39 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.826 #17 · p.826 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

L1000063 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1000066 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1000072 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1000070 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1000078 by unoh7, on Flickr

My first shots with M9, which arrived today. All with 28 cron

These are my "test" shots to see if everything works, considering overcast, seems fine no?

Jan 09, 2014 at 02:06 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.826 #18 · p.826 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Joe, wonderful shots of your son! Love the rendering with the 70 Summarit and of course the S2!
Chuckles, excellent action shots!
Brian, very nice roll off with the Carl Jena 5cm.
Rocky, amazing shot! Great feel and depth. I could not go back now to the M9 after the M240, for the ergonomics now. The only issue with the M240 is that the RF re calibration needs to be sent to Solms, which can take about 6 to 8 weeks. With the M9, local Leica service centers can have this done in about 2 days!
Peter, superb series of images!!!
Uhoh, congrats on the M9 and 28 Cron. Amazing combination, and very nice set

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:03 AM
ryankarr
• • •
p.826 #19 · p.826 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I made a photo book of the last year of our family's life, and it made me realize how much I love the Monochrom. Decided to let the M240 go, maybe I'll pick up an M9 to replace it.

MM + Noct:

L1012297 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1012306 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Jan 09, 2014 at 05:03 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.826 #20 · p.826 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

uhoh7 - The M9 and 28 Cron are magic together, great images btw.

I wish my M240 paired well with the 28 Cron.. I've tried, I just can't get images the way I did with my M9.
I'd honestly consider buying an M9 just for use with the 28, but the bodies are so different, I think the M9 would drive me nuts at this point.

Jan 09, 2014 at 07:51 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password