Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              823      
       825              1063       1064       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.824 #1 · p.824 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M9 Planar 50 ZM by edward karaa, on Flickr

Nov 06, 2013 at 10:59 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.824 #2 · p.824 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nov 06, 2013 at 11:15 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.824 #3 · p.824 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nov 06, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Mitch Alland
• •
p.824 #4 · p.824 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I tend to shoot in binges, switching between the M9 and the M-Monochrom. In Paris the last few months, I've been shooting with the latter camera and below are a few pictures with the Summilux-50 pre-ASPH lens. Also you may wish to look at the 38-pictures series titled Looking for Baudelaire.

M-Monochrom | Summilux-50 pre-ASPH | ISO 1250 | f/1.4 | 1/125 sec

Khmer statue from Musée Guimet exhibition "Angkor: Naissance d'un mythe - Louis Delaporte et le Cambodge"

M-Monochrom | Summilux-50 pre-ASPH | ISO 1250 | f/1.4 | 1/350 sec

Khmer statue from Musée Guimet exhibition "Angkor: Naissance d'un mythe - Louis Delaporte et le Cambodge"

M-Monochrom | Summilux-50 pre-ASPH | ISO 1250 | f/1.4 | 1/180 sec

—Mitch/Bangkok
Tristes Tropiques [WIP]

Nov 06, 2013 at 12:46 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.824 #5 · p.824 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice, Mitch. The first one is my favorite.

A few more from today:

Nov 06, 2013 at 03:04 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.824 #6 · p.824 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nov 06, 2013 at 03:05 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.824 #7 · p.824 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nov 06, 2013 at 03:06 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.824 #8 · p.824 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Edward, I like the 85 for close up work, more so then mid distance.. I think it has a good clean look close up.
For everything else, I like the 50/2, really just works for me at most focal distances.

How are the election parades this year, no malls being burnt to the ground I hope.

Nov 06, 2013 at 03:26 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.824 #9 · p.824 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
Edward, I like the 85 for close up work, more so then mid distance.. I think it has a good clean look close up.
For everything else, I like the 50/2, really just works for me at most focal distances.

How are the election parades this year, no malls being burnt to the ground I hope.

I totally agree Adam. I find the 85 to be excellent at all distances but up close it has a signature look that is very clean and sharp with a perfectly balanced bokeh. The 50 is very good up close too, but compared to the 85 it looks like crap

I hope no mall burnings too but this time it's not about elections, but about an amnesty bill that should absolve politicians from all wrong doings including illegal deals and corruption for the last 10 years. Obviously not many people are in favour of this bill.

Nov 06, 2013 at 04:52 PM
Paul Yi
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.824 #10 · p.824 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ZM 35/2.0 ....

Nov 06, 2013 at 08:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

3D.Doug
• • •
p.824 #11 · p.824 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Wayback Wednesday...

Sort of like Throwback Thursday they call it... :-) Dig something out of the archives!

Taken the 10th day of the 10th month of the year well 10.

X1! guess which lens? yeah, 24mm with 35mm effective focal length.

From the same day, I call this one "Boatramp", to me the rock to the side reminds me of a boat ramp. cool lighting this day too.

Nov 07, 2013 at 01:17 AM
Mitch Alland
• •
p.824 #12 · p.824 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
...I hope no mall burnings too but this time it's not about elections, but about an amnesty bill that should absolve politicians from all wrong doings including illegal deals and corruption for the last 10 years. Obviously not many people are in favour of this bill.

First, in my view your latest set of pictures are a large step forward in the quality of your street photography in that you're showing people in a more expressive way close up. I congratulate you on this, but would recommend that the next step is to shoot even closer with a 28mm lens, which as a foreigner, is much more easy to do in Bangkok than in the West.

Although this is OT, I would say the the bill is more correctly called a "reconciliation" bill than an "amnesty" bill and I would remind you that there has never been a government here that was not been hugely corrupt. Also, the statement, "Obviously not many people are in favour of this bill." applies to Bangkok rather than nationwide, which is a part of the general political problem here: were the prime minister to call a "snap" general election now, there is no doubt who would win. The political situation is very ugly here and people cannot talk about politics to each other. It is instructive to reflect on the reconciliation that happened in Sough Africa, with its successful Reconciliation Commission, in a situation that much more dire over a much longer period of time, with much more killing involved over the years, based on the obvious racial issue of apartheid with the racial imbalance of 10% vs 90%. That reconciliation was possible in South Africa in a much more difficult and extreme situation, but that this has become impossible in Thailand speaks volumes about the ugliness and the unpleasantness of the political situation here. The last few years I had to travel to Johannesburg several times a year: strolling in Mandela Square in Sandton, one sees gaggles of teenage girls whose racial composition is white, black, coloured (in South African parlance) Indian and Chinese — something that one could have not imagined in one's wildest dreams before Reconciliation.

—Mitch/Bangkok
Bangkok Hysteria [download link for book project].

Nov 07, 2013 at 04:14 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.824 #13 · p.824 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Mitch Alland wrote:
First, in my view your latest set of pictures are a large step forward in the quality of your street photography in that you're showing people in a more expressive way close up. I congratulate you on this, but would recommend that the next step is to shoot even closer with a 28mm lens, which as a foreigner, is much more easy to do in Bangkok than in the West.

Although this is OT, I would say the the bill is more correctly called a "reconciliation" bill than an "amnesty" bill and I would remind you that there has
...Show more

Thank you very much for the comments on the photos, Mitch. Your advice is greatly appreciated and will try that next time.

Nov 07, 2013 at 04:40 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.824 #14 · p.824 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hope you are all not getting tired of mountain landscapes! Living so close to the rockies does this to you...

50cron V4

Nov 07, 2013 at 04:53 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.824 #15 · p.824 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

No worries Gary

Your photos are wonderful, and worthy of making huge prints from.

Nov 07, 2013 at 04:58 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.824 #16 · p.824 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Edward. I love the variety of material here on this thread. Street shots from Bangkok to quiet mountain reflections….

Nov 07, 2013 at 05:00 AM
Jabberwockt
• • •
p.824 #17 · p.824 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary, that shot is amazing. It could easily make for a good selling postcard.
Edward, you really make that ZM50 shine, those pictures have a kind of clarity to them like looking through a window.

I haven't shot or posted a picture in a while. 50LuxA

Nov 07, 2013 at 08:36 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.824 #18 · p.824 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much Jabber. I was a bit limited by the fl. I wish I had the ZM35 instead.
Fantastic set with nice saturated lux colors. Love them all.

Nov 07, 2013 at 09:26 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.824 #19 · p.824 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I swear I think Gary could shoot those majestic scenes with a mason jar lens and still show up most of us. Not taking away from your photography, but such photogenic sites are a marvel for most of us, we just don't get to shoot anything quit so dramatic. Yes, my Smokies are great. But they are not Denali. lol.

Nov 07, 2013 at 12:26 PM
rirakuma
• •
p.824 #20 · p.824 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Awesome pic Gary! Such a beautiful scenery, I wish I lived near those kinda places.

Nov 07, 2013 at 03:31 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password