Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              817      
       819              1096       1097       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.818 #1 · p.818 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Doug, wonderful colors!!!
Phil, pure Nocti magic

Another shot from the streets of Ubud, Bali. M240 50 Cron Rigid DR. 3200ISO

Oct 30, 2013 at 04:45 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.818 #2 · p.818 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Another shot from Ubud, outside the Cafe Havana on one of the side streets! M240 50 Cron Rigid DR 3200ISO

Oct 30, 2013 at 06:30 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.818 #3 · p.818 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Doug, Thanks Edward - yes it's in great hands of someone that really knows how to use it , Thanks Charles - very nice, I really love how you take your shots to the limit and your M240 where few dare to even go (push iso, high iso, etc.)

Phil

Oct 30, 2013 at 09:04 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.818 #4 · p.818 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Actually speaking of that, I found if you shoot @ 3200 and push 1-2 stops it looks better then shooting @ 6400, less dramatic of a result if you shoot @ 1600 and push.

Oct 30, 2013 at 09:15 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.818 #5 · p.818 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much Phil, and for all the likes

Shot of a few people this evening. M240 50 Cron Rigid DR f/2.0. Also a shot of the dunes at f/5.6

Adam, I agree. I find using 3200 ISO works well with the M240

Oct 30, 2013 at 09:56 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.818 #6 · p.818 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Competition... I wonder who will win this battle for space? 75 APO ASPH Cron/M9, shot at F4/160 iso I love this lens!

Oct 30, 2013 at 02:31 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.818 #7 · p.818 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

My 90mm Cron V3 doesn't recelive a lot of love, but it's a pretty capable performer, just not the easiest to focus finely... The detail is there if looked at closely, pretty nice lens. I don't remember what I paid for this lens, but it was a handsome deal as I recall relative to the 3,4, 5K and more prices my other 4 cost. . really in top shape for the age. I do need a red dot for it, I somehow lost my dot.

Oct 30, 2013 at 02:33 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.818 #8 · p.818 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

75APO - FANTASTIC LENS, honestly wish I used it more, I just tend to favor using a 50mm because of the FL.
I think I'll go out and shoot with it this weekend if the weather is good.

Oct 30, 2013 at 03:58 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.818 #9 · p.818 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Honestly Adam, I never expected to be wowed by this lens to the degree that I am. Well, I knew it would be great, but just HOW great, I didn't know. They really produced a jem with this lens, that's a fact. It wows me every time I use it! I look for things to shoot with it, and back up if I have to, lol.

Oct 30, 2013 at 05:29 PM
joakim
• • •
p.818 #10 · p.818 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary, wild but suitable bokeh for that photo.
Doug, thanks for the colour treat I agree it's a great photo and the others too, do you enjoy the 24 Summilux for this kind of landscape work?
Phil, great use of the Nocti.
Charles, great photos from Ubud and from the beach

Oct 30, 2013 at 06:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

3D.Doug
• • •
p.818 #11 · p.818 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joakim, honestly, I would have been as well off with a slower 24mm than the Summilux. I didn't need 1.4 speed for this lens at all, ok, maybe I didn't need it for any of my Lux's honestly, but I am glad my 35 and 50 are Luxes for sure. The 24, no, I didn't "need", but at the time I wanted to buy a great Leica lens. There was honestly nothing else in stock in new lenses! They hadn't really started turning out much slower glass at that point than Crons. So I figured I wanted a great landscape lens for Leica, I would honestly have bought a 21mm if they would have had it, but a 24 was what I found at the time. Even BH and Adorama didn't have any 24 luxes then. I found it elsewhere. IF I could get a great price for it, I would probably sell it and get a 21 slower lens and be happy. But if I have to take a beating to sell it, I'll just keep it as my wide and be happy.

It is an extremely good lens, no doubt! I don't shoot it as much as I wish, for what I have invested though. (Thankfully, I did beat the last 2 price increases though!) The 35 and 50 though, are bread and butter. the 75 I made myself pretty clear how much I like that lens. I recently cased my 24 and 90 together in my Leica backpack, in a protective Think Tank lens changer bag. Due to limited use, no point in them getting in my way most of the time. When I need it, it's there though and ready to create great shots like that tree shot.

Edited on Oct 30, 2013 at 07:02 PM · View previous versions

Oct 30, 2013 at 07:00 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.818 #12 · p.818 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots Charles! You always keep this thread moving with wonderful portraits!
Doug - the 75 cron looks like a fabulous lens (in your hands, at least). Do post more!

I have been super busy lately ... but had a shoot for an architect and decided to grab some random shots on my home from the shoot. Getting lost in the middle of nowhere isn't always bad...

----->you are here<-----

contrails

stationary paper

round bails

Oct 30, 2013 at 07:01 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.818 #13 · p.818 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Katie, I really like the BW work. Like coming your way... Thanks on my 75. :-) I will try to shoot it some more soon!

Like coming your way...

35 lux 2 shot pano

Oct 30, 2013 at 07:27 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.818 #14 · p.818 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

3D.Doug wrote:
Honestly Adam, I never expected to be wowed by this lens to the degree that I am. Well, I knew it would be great, but just HOW great, I didn't know. They really produced a jem with this lens, that's a fact. It wows me every time I use it! I look for things to shoot with it, and back up if I have to, lol.

Doug, I'm in the same boat.. I just find it harder to use the 75APO then you do, maybe I should try to make a point of using it more

Katie, charles, nice images!

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.818 #15 · p.818 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Katie - nice shots.
Doug - really nice but I think your finger is in the pic... Looks like that would be a great spot for some longer exposures.

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:41 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.818 #16 · p.818 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary, actually, that's a railing. I was struggling to stay above the railing, but getting as low a view as possible. It's a VERY tall railing even for someone 6 feet tall. You feel like a kid trying to see over it. I guess they didn't want anyone falling off it, plus horses and riders go over the trail. Maybe that has something to do with the height of it. I don't personally agree with horses being on the foot trails in the Smokies, but they are, horse crap and all.

Longer exposures would have been a problem because it's a semi suspension bridge, and it shakes like crazy when people walk across it. It was actually pulsing up and down while I was on it by two different sets of people. So, maybe when not crowded could do that, or if very patient. Have to deal with that rail height though, getting positioned could be difficult

Oct 31, 2013 at 01:06 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.818 #17 · p.818 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Joakim, Katie and Adam, for the likes too
Doug, very nice! The 75 Cron is a very under rated lens, and works really well with the Monochrom, and the M240. My preference is the 75 Lux of course. The 90 Cron Pre are brilliant, as is the 90 Cron APO too. I find I err to the 75FL, as it has a MFD of 0.7m, and is more intuitive to compose within frame lines in the VF. The 90 is a small patch in the VF, and is harder to compose IMO. For this now I tend to use LV.
Katie, great shots! Love the first and last one

Oct 31, 2013 at 01:33 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.818 #18 · p.818 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

and the M9! My only point of reference Charles. lol. Well, a 75 Lux may well be better in some ways than a cron of equal age. I'm not as sure about vs the current generation APO ASPH Cron. It may be, and maybe you have used both. For me, honestly, it doesn't matter, I look at the results from what I have in my hand, and if I am happy with it, then that's good enough for me. Plus there's budget. I just bought a 35 and 50 Lux this year. honestly, the Cron wasn't even in my game plan, and then it showed up. I was able to buy a NEW 75 Cron for 3K with a new Leica filter on it, and that included shipping. It was one sweeeeeet deal. I scrimped and craped for that 3K to do that deal, even though it wasn't in budget, the deal was to good to pass up. No regrets in fact, I am SO happy I was able to do it. I planned for a 75 all along, it just wasn't going to be 1 month or less after getting my 50 mm, which I also got a decent deal in used. I bougt my 35mm new before the price increase. I beat several price increases, and saved some on mint used. That's the way to buy if you can, haha. I wish I hadn't bought my 35 when I did, I could have got a used one 2 months later and saved 1K. Oh well, I didn't know. It would have been same source as my 75.

I can imagine what you are saying is true on the 75 FL vs the 90. I admit some of my 90 work was rather much pot luck, I wasn't sure if I was hitting focus or not until I get home and checked it. I won't shoot my V3 90 to much. But for a fairly affordable lens, it is fun to play with the longer focal length some.

Oct 31, 2013 at 03:22 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.818 #19 · p.818 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Yes the M9 is a brilliant cam The 18MP CCD is becoming more relevant with M glass, as people will no doubt discover with the higher 36MP's as with the A7r, having a shutter speed of 1/250th for a 50mm will negate some of the higher ISO advantage with fast M glass and low shutter speeds.

I apologize also, if the I err to suggest the 75 Lux is better than the 75 Cron APO. The Mandler look is my preference, so of course I prefer the 75 Lux, 50 Nocti f/1.0 and 50 Cron Rigid DR look to the more modern lenses. The 75 Cron is an amazing lens!!

Another shot from Ubud. M240 50 Cron Rigid DR.

Oct 31, 2013 at 03:39 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.818 #20 · p.818 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Charles, I live vicariously through yours and Steve's lens selections anyway, haha. You guys rock. Jealous? Well, ok, a little bit. But I can't let petty things like that get in teh way of enjoying the hobby. Just have to be all I can be, and let the rest go. I took no offense from what you said. Not at all...

I also learn a lot from you along the way. I can't always buy the same equipment, but if we all used the same thing, that wouldn't be to much fun, so it's nice to use some different pieces.

Charles, I have seen the difficulty with 36mpx, with my D800E. It's not an easy camera to shoot. Fast glass helps, but still, it can be challenging to get a great shot. I'm more effective with my 24mpx D3X. The 18 mpx is a sweet spot for sure. I haven't shot the M240, it seems to be pretty good @ 24 mpx. I haven't seen much problems from you guys.

35 lux

Edited on Oct 31, 2013 at 04:21 AM · View previous versions

Oct 31, 2013 at 04:05 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password