Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              815      
       817              1019       1020       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.816 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Doug, nice, particularly the last shot!
Michael, love this I think the cure for the A7r is just to go out and take photos with our existing gear, for now at least The A7r looks to be a wonderful tool, and yet it would seem so many of the M lenses may not work too well. The legacy lenses will be amazing, but will it be better than the RX1R, in IQ. I don't think the A7r will be any replacement for the M240, but I'm sure it will stand on it's own. The sharpness and clarity in the sample images with the 35/2.8 and 50/1.8 are amazing, but I am still not sure if the rendering and the way it paints will gel with me. I still have the A7r on order, but my feelings for it are very tempered now

Oct 28, 2013 at 04:37 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.816 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Doug, nice, particularly the last shot!
Michael, love this I think the cure for the A7r is just to go out and take photos with our existing gear, for now at least The A7r looks to be a wonderful tool, and yet it would seem so many of the M lenses may not work too well. The legacy lenses will be amazing, but will it be better than the RX1R, in IQ. I don't think the A7r will be any replacement for the M240, but I'm sure it will stand on it's own. The sharpness and clarity in the sample images
...Show more

Charles, I agree with you that the A7R is not a replacement for our M9 and M240, especially that not that many M lenses work well with it, besides the fact that the focusing style is completely non RF

However, I am finding the new system to be very attractive to me on its own merits, being small, compact, light weight full frame with its own high quality Zeiss lenses. I haven't tried AF for many years, but I guess since the entire world is using it, it has to be ok I find the A7R to be exactly what I'm looking for in a Leica M. So my plan is to get this camera with native AF lenses and play with it together with the M9. Afterall, this thing is just pocket money worth compared to Leica stuff.

Oct 28, 2013 at 04:45 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.816 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Edward! These tools we have today, can make us so much better photographers, if we use them. Seriously, it's almost child's play now. lol.

Also Charles, thanks! So, you like the mountain shot, and Edward the BW, that's cool, I like to create things that different people like.

Well, I still want an M240, and an MM. But budget won't support them right now, so I will keep wanting and keep shooting what I have. I am blessed to have the gear that I have, regardless. I know that. I still love shooting my M9.

Oct 28, 2013 at 04:58 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.816 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Charles, Edward, I agree with what you said. This camera can't replace RF for real RF user
A7R with native lens performance is too great to ignore. I only preorder the body with mind to add 24-70 zeiss later, but their 35 and 55 performance is just amazing!

Oct 28, 2013 at 05:08 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.816 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I bought the X-E1 as a stop gap between the m9p (that I sold) and the m240. I found that even though I had an M adapter, it was more fun to use the native Fuji lenses. The main issue I had with the system was its looks! The leica gear just looks better!!

Anyway with that said, IF the zeiss lenses preform well, I'd have no hesitation using the A7r system (or non r, I don't know the difference, I haven't paid attention yet.) The problem is again the look of the system. I don't care what my DSLR work gear looks like, but the camera that's around my neck 24/7 has to look cool!! Sounds funny, but true although with that said, leica does have awesome lenses and the RF is half the fun!

Anyway great shots guys, sorry I can't comment individually, I'm on my iPad.

Oct 28, 2013 at 06:08 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.816 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Edward and Michael, I agree about the A7r, and I too have on order the native 35/1.8 due last of November, and the 55/1.8 due January. These two AF lenses will be more than enough for me. I will be thrilled if the AF, locks properly on the near eye with a single point AF. If not we back the MF! The 36MP, AA less, and form factor will fill in gaps.

Adam, I love the Fuji colors and their lenses. For me the look is not too important, so long as I feel the gear and method of taking shots feels very unobtrusive. I remember I used to quite self conscious in taking shots of people, so it can still be a road block in my thinking

Doug, yes agreed, be happy with the gear we have already!!

Oct 28, 2013 at 07:08 AM
joakim
• • •
p.816 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments Charles and Edwards and thanks for the likes.

I also have a pre-order on the A7r and am very curious on what a 36 MP AA-free sensor will be like, specially with my Canon T/S lenses for landscape but also with some of my Leica lenses even though I see this camera as a replacement for my Canon 5D mrk II rather than a Leica M challenger.

Fern @ 1.4, M9 and 50 lux.

Oct 28, 2013 at 02:01 PM
jamgolf
• •
p.816 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Guys , Thankyou for the 'likes' and comments regarding my previous post(s). I appreciate it.

M9, Summilux 75mm:

Oct 28, 2013 at 04:28 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.816 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joakim, beautiful bokeh both in the foreground and background. Very nice photos, and I really like the subdued color.
Jam, nice portraits!

Oct 28, 2013 at 05:59 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.816 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Three shots from this evening:

M9 Biogon 35 ZM by edward karaa, on Flickr

Oct 28, 2013 at 06:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bruniroquai

p.816 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Dropping the image quality of this thread, sorry

Leica X2:

Los Domingos al Sol por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

Oct 28, 2013 at 07:58 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.816 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I think I captured what I saw in my mind here. Tough angle though...

Oct 29, 2013 at 01:10 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.816 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

and

Oct 29, 2013 at 01:15 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.816 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Some really stuff these last few pages all!

Thanks for the comments all!

Can't comment on all right now, but will add likes

Phil

MM w/35 cron w/silver FX Pro

M Monochrom    Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. lens    35mm    1/1500s    320 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Oct 29, 2013 at 03:51 AM · View previous versions

Oct 29, 2013 at 02:43 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.816 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

2 frame vertical pano (original is 8025 pixels long! The detail of the trees in the background is astonishing from my 50 Lux/M9 combo...

Oct 29, 2013 at 03:38 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.816 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Bruno, nice street shot and colors of the X2 look really good.
Doug, great fall colors. I especially like the 1st shot because of the nice backlighting.
Phil, nice gritty b/w look.

Oct 29, 2013 at 09:51 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.816 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Biogon 35 wide open:

Oct 29, 2013 at 09:52 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.816 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice portrait Edward!

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.816 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks a lot Philippe! Really appreciate it.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:08 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.816 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joakim, beautiful use of a single color! Very nice
Jam, very nice portraits!
Edward, great street captures!! Love the portrait, and great use of the 35 perspective
Doug, nice series, particularly the rich colors in the river scene.
Phil, love the Monochrom rendering! I am already missing mine

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password