FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              811      
       813              2351       2352       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

rirakuma
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.812 #1 · p.812 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Did you get someone to send the M9 for you? It should be their fault for not sending it to Germany right? There's also an odd chance that its not your camera in Singapore, if you delivered it with a body cap it shouldn't just disappear in transit. How long ago did you contact Germany? Sometimes it takes them over a week to reply. Hope you can get your camera back soon .

Dec 19, 2013 at 08:43 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.812 #2 · p.812 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

rirakuma wrote:
Did you get someone to send the M9 for you? It should be their fault for not sending it to Germany right? There's also an odd chance that its not your camera in Singapore, if you delivered it with a body cap it shouldn't just disappear in transit. How long ago did you contact Germany? Sometimes it takes them over a week to reply. Hope you can get your camera back soon .

Well, I gave it to the Leica agent in Thailand. The document shows the correct serial number so it must be my camera. More than that, I have no clue

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:11 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.812 #3 · p.812 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Lovely work everyone! Very inspiring!

Just a short rant about my M9:

After I was led to believe my camera will be sent to Germany for sensor replacement, I finally found out it was sent to Singapore instead. Leica Singapore provided me with an inspection report saying the camera has a delaminating sensor. It will be repaired in Singapore after they receive the new sensors by end of February. The report mentions that the camera was delivered without a body cap.

Now I sent them an email inquiring about what happened to the original body cap that was on my camera when I
...Show more

Edward,

Sorry to hear about more issues with your M9. From my experience with Leica (USA and through them Germany) I have been pleased. I know others not so much. Hope things get resolved for you shortly.

Rich

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:15 AM
atwl77
• •
p.812 #4 · p.812 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

My experience with my previous M9-P and Leica Singapore is, sometimes you have to follow-up a second time to get a response. Or that it may be near Christmas and a lot of people are on leave.

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:20 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.812 #5 · p.812 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edward, sorry to hear about this. That's really bad.

You should call Solms and/or Leica Singapore and speak to someone there directly. But right now with X'mas and New Year, you might not be able to get a fast response at all from Solms as almost everyone in Europe is shutting down for holidays. The other option is send an email to Leica CEO directly and cc the marketing/service manager.

Here in the USA, I've been happy with our Leica service center, sent my M240 for pixel remapping two weeks back and I already have my camera back this week as they promised. My 35FLE rattling repair is taking longer though, but was told it will be completed Jan 2014.

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:37 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.812 #6 · p.812 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you guys for the kind words. At this time, I think I will just play it cool and if I don't hear from them after the holidays, I will take some drastic measures like contacting the CEO as suggested

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.812 #7 · p.812 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Lets get away from the Sony A7/r noise and bump this thread

Arka, love that concept shot and lighting with the cylindrical dress. Excellent!
Fursan, a Leica camera and a few lenses seems to be integral part of your travels! Excellent pics past few pages.
Thomas (tophoto), congrats on your M9. Hope to see more of your work on this thread soon.
Pandolf, very nice scene from your daily walk.
Charles, is the A7R with 55 1.8 better than M9 with 50Lux ASPH Excellent set with the M240 and 50Lux ASPH.
Andrew, superb Cyprus pics, great lighting and beautiful!
Gary, another excellent 21SEM shot. You guys keep tempting me with this lens!

-----
A7R has 36.4MP? I have 37.5MP

Summarit-S 70

Mamiya 120 f/4 Macro

Chasing megapixels leads to ...?

Dec 19, 2013 at 05:39 PM
tophoto.
• •
p.812 #8 · p.812 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Joe, how do you like using the mamiya 120 macro on the S2? I guess now that i've managed to get an M9 I can start dreaming about one of those

Lazy day around the house today, snapped a shot of my golden retriver with the 35 1.2II at 1.4

Rody by Thomas O'Connell, on Flickr

Dec 19, 2013 at 06:16 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.812 #9 · p.812 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you Fursan, Adrian and Joe
Edward, sorry to hear about your issues with your M9. This is the point I would contact Leica Solms, yourself, and request a back up until the repair is complete!!! I know there were a few times, where I did strongly request items as until the repair was complete, and Leica does need to know what is happening.
Fursan, really nice composition!
Andrew, wonderful shots!!! Love them all
Gary, wow... love that shot!
Joe, wonderful captures!!!

Joe, the A7r and FE 55/1.8 combo, I feel is better than the M240 and 50 Lux Asph. The new FE 55/1.8 lens has made the A7r work for me. Until now, the A7r had been premature, misleading by Sony suggesting that the M lenses would work. In essence, M lenses with the A7r are very hit/miss, depending on adapters, tolerances. I really thought any 50 would work well with the A7r, but they does not, compared to the M240. Of course the lenses work, and many great shots can be taken, but why compromise 3 to 5K lenses. Having a central sharpness with the 50's does not matter if the edges don't hold up.

The FE 55/1.8 is one amazing lens, and it is one of the nicest lenses I have tested so far, even compared with the Leicas'. The output from the A7r with this lens, is outstanding. Now the A7r with the FE 55/1.8 is a great companion to my M240's

Dec 19, 2013 at 07:07 PM
zhangyue
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.812 #10 · p.812 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
The FE 55/1.8 is one amazing lens, and it is one of the nicest lenses I have tested so far, even compared with the Leicas'. The output from the A7r with this lens, is outstanding. Now the A7r with the FE 55/1.8 is a great companion to my M240's

Ordered 55FE as well, if it is really great, I might change my plan again to stick with A7R and swallow the shutter delay. Though I have to say, 50lux M perform very good at f1.4 centrally on A7R, I never realize a f1.4 lens can be this sharp at portrait distance. Definitely sharper than M9 with all those pix, of course only if I can nail the focus (so far the rate is pretty low if I want shoot fast)! It is a fun time for gear head. But I am pretty sure the fever will settle down with more use. The key is if the tool suit you/me in the field and every day use.

Joe, those S2 images make me drool. One day, one day.....

Again, great shots everyone.

Dec 19, 2013 at 07:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jabberwockt
• • •
p.812 #11 · p.812 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Sorry to hear about the troubles with Leica service. It is actually a bit appalling considering that Leica is placing itself as a premium brand.

Does everyone have an a7/a7r now? I might order the FE55 myself

First shots from the Cron40, second is from the 50LuxAsph

Edited on Dec 19, 2013 at 09:05 PM · View previous versions

Dec 19, 2013 at 08:42 PM
pandorf
• • •
p.812 #12 · p.812 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Jabberwockt wrote:
Sorry to hear about the troubles with Leica service. It is actually a bit appalling considering that Leica is placing itself as a premium brand.

Does everyone have an a7/a7r now? ......

Not on my want or wish list (8>

Dec 19, 2013 at 08:59 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.812 #13 · p.812 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments Charles and Michael.

Thomas, beautiful Golden Retriever and a very nice shot! The Mamiya 645 lenses work well on the S2, very smooth and open look to the rendering, and manual focus on the bright and clear OVF is a joy, I don't even need to look at the focus confirmation light to focus with the S2 screen. Its just that these older lenses can't compare to a modern Leica S lens when it comes to sharpness and micro contrast details. The Mamiya 120/4 is pretty sharp considering I paid less than $400 for a like new copy.

Thanks for the info on the A7R, Charles and Michael. You guys really want to make me spend $$ for X'mas on a Sony toy I don't doubt that the A7R and ZE55/1.8 will be great combo and sometimes I feel tempted to try it out too. If I do, I'm more inclined to go with A7 instead for faster AF, higher flash sync, first curtain shutter, etc. 55FE would probably be the first lens to for me as it will compliment my RX1. My only gripe is that with Sony, after their initial marketing hype dies, their cameras tend to depreciate a lot faster than other camera brands? Look at the used prices of A99, NEX or RX1 today, great deals if one is buying used. Sony's business model is to push innovation hard, selling to early adopters at a premium, keeping the best parts for the "next" launch, thus keeping us "consumers" chasing after more performance, improvements, etc on each product launch and locked in a perpetual cycle. Anyone agree? Also, after 1 year with the RX1, there are zero firmware updates to improve the camera, and my feeling is they want us to buy a RX1 mkII or RX2 instead. Sorry for the rant. By the way, my first "serious" digital camera was a Sony DSC 505 2.1MP back in 1998. Still have it somewhere in the storeroom.

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:07 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.812 #14 · p.812 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Jabberwockt wrote:
First shots from the Cron40, second is from the 50LuxAsph

Another A7/r user?

Very nice shots, both of them. Which level were you on for that 2nd shot?

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:12 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.812 #15 · p.812 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edward - hope everything works out ok for you. Patience is a virtue for a Leica user….
Joe - I really like your S2 shots. The second pic is quite nice.
Thomas - Nice dog pic. What body are you using your CV35/1.2 on?
Jabberwockt - No A7 for me! I swear I am not gonna get one!!! Really!!!

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:50 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.812 #16 · p.812 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

rirakuma wrote:
Awesome Gary, I'm really loving the colors from the M at high ISO. I just bought Thorstens old 21SEM can't wait to contribute

Great news Rocky! Looking forward to seeing some of your pics with it. The thing I like about using the 21SEM is that it is so predictable - I know exactly what output I am going to get each time.

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:52 PM
Jabberwockt
• • •
p.812 #17 · p.812 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

...Which level were you on for that 2nd shot?

I think it was shot on the 86th floor

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.812 #18 · p.812 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Patience is a virtue for a Leica user….

Unfortunate but so true, and may it make us a better person too

Gary Clennan wrote:
No A7 for me! I swear I am not gonna get one!!! Really!!!

Resistance is futile

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.812 #19 · p.812 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Jabberwockt wrote:

Does everyone have an a7/a7r now? I might order the FE55 myself

Thank you Jabber.

I got an A7 as a temporary replacement for the M9, and it's gaining in status the longer Leica is screwing up my sensor replacement issue.

I was thinking to sell the M9 to get a M 240, now I'm thinking to sell the M9 and get the two Zeiss FE lenses and call it a day with Leica.

This camera does not suffer from any card incompatibilities, RF going out of whack, sensors cracking or delaminating, no oil splatter on the sensor either, no lock ups... etc.

It can be serviced quickly in Thailand or anywhere in the world. It has no shortage of spare parts. And it is so cheap when it stops working, I can just throw it in the garbage bin and get a new one.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.812 #20 · p.812 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
I was thinking to sell the M9 to get a M 240, now I'm thinking to sell the M9 and get the two Zeiss FE lenses and call it a day with Leica.

It can be serviced quickly in Thailand or anywhere in the world. It has no shortage of spare parts. And it is so cheap when it stops working, I can just throw it in the garbage bin and get a new one.

Noooooooooooo!!!

but I agree, you can throw the A7 in the garbage bin

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.