p.811 #1 · p.811 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Apples...

M8, lux 50 asph.

Dec 17, 2013 at 02:52 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.811 #2 · p.811 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Nice as usual Fursan. We need to keep bumping Leica thread to hold ground on Sony threads in Alt section... Just saying, lol.

I suggested Sony be broke out of Alt, but nobody seems to want to listen to the need.

Dec 17, 2013 at 01:52 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.811 #3 · p.811 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

3D.Doug wrote:
Nice as usual Fursan. We need to keep bumping Leica thread to hold ground on Sony threads in Alt section... Just saying, lol.

I suggested Sony be broke out of Alt, but nobody seems to want to listen to the need.

Regardless of a Sony Forum or not, most of the discussions regarding the A7 and A7r at this point have been in relation to using the cameras with other maker's lenses including Leica M, Voigtlnader M, Leica R, Canon LTM, Canon FD, Canon EF, Minolta M-Rokkor, Minolta MD, Nikon, Zeiss, etc. So most of the threads and discussions still would have to do with being in the Alt Forum.

Rich

Dec 17, 2013 at 01:57 PM
pandorf
• • •
p.811 #4 · p.811 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

naturephoto1 wrote:
Regardless of a Sony Forum or not, most of the discussions regarding the A7 and A7r at this point have been in relation to using the cameras with other maker's lenses including Leica M, Voigtlnader M, Leica R, Canon LTM, Canon FD, Canon EF, Minolta M-Rokkor, Minolta MD, Nikon, Zeiss, etc. So most of the threads and discussions still would have to do with being in the Alt Forum.

Rich

I guess when you launch a new camera with no lenses what can one expect. I still consider the Sony camera line Sony's way to experiment. I don't consider Sony a serious camera company. To me, they have too many engineers trying to see what will stick that they keep throwing against the wall.

Dec 17, 2013 at 02:26 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.811 #5 · p.811 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

pandorf wrote:
I guess when you launch a new camera with no lenses what can one expect. I still consider the Sony camera line Sony's way to experiment. I don't consider Sony a serious camera company. To me, they have too many engineers trying to see what will stick that they keep throwing against the wall.

Well we will have to see at this point with the new cameras if Sony can move well forward and how much of the Legacy of Minolta, Konica, and Leica still remains.

Rich

Dec 17, 2013 at 02:28 PM
pandorf
• • •
p.811 #6 · p.811 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

naturephoto1 wrote:
Well we will have to see at this point with the new cameras if Sony can move well forward and how much of the Legacy of Minolta, Konica, and Leica still remains.

Rich

No doubt about it Sony makes great sensors. But until they have a complete set of native lenses the Sony A7 is not a system i.e., Canon, Nikon and Leica.

Dec 17, 2013 at 02:38 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.811 #7 · p.811 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I started to post some stuff, but gonna just let this one go. Focus on Leica.

But that discussion still belongs in a Sony forum Rich, so it's collected in one spot for Sony owners. That's my opinion.

That's just like earlier today I clicked on a thread about a Zeiss lens, the title didn't say it was ZA. That's why stuff like that belongs in a Sony forum if it existed. But I'll make my points to Fred in the business section where they belong. It's up to him how he handles it.

Dec 17, 2013 at 06:48 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.811 #8 · p.811 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Here's another from my cylindrical series. Commenters on the People forum asked to see some other poses, so I was inspired to process another. Same tech, slight mods to the dress (M240, 35 Summilux).

Cylindrical 02

Dec 18, 2013 at 04:16 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.811 #9 · p.811 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Fursan, amazing image series!
Arka, wonderful imagination and shots!!
Shots this evening with the M240 and 50 Lux Asph Last shot at 6400 ISO pushed.

Dec 18, 2013 at 06:42 AM
Planetwide
• • • •
p.811 #10 · p.811 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

More Cyprus, Aphrodite's Birth place

Andrew

Dec 18, 2013 at 08:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

dalegaspi
• • •
p.811 #11 · p.811 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

hi Andrew...did you use an ND grad filter in any of those shots? i'm curious because you're using ISO pull and the highlights aren't blown out.

Dec 18, 2013 at 09:00 AM
Planetwide
• • • •
p.811 #12 · p.811 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Hi Dale,

I used a Hitech 0.9 softedge on the sun shots.

Andrew

Dec 18, 2013 at 09:03 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.811 #13 · p.811 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Andrew - looks like you had some great light for these. It is nice to see some shot's with the 135mm APO which I don't see too often. The 28cron looks superb as well. Have you noticed any image degradation while using ISO100? I have been reluctant to try it but it looks like it works just fine...

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Fursan
• •
p.811 #14 · p.811 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Fursan, amazing image series!
Arka, wonderful imagination and shots!!
Shots this evening with the M240 and 50 Lux Asph Last shot at 6400 ISO pushed.

Beautifully done, Charles.

What a gem of a lens, the lux 50 asph.

Best.

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Fursan
• •
p.811 #15 · p.811 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Planetwide
• • • •
p.811 #16 · p.811 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Andrew - looks like you had some great light for these. It is nice to see some shot's with the 135mm APO which I don't see too often. The 28cron looks superb as well. Have you noticed any image degradation while using ISO100? I have been reluctant to try it but it looks like it works just fine...

Hi Gary,

I didn't really notice much at all.

Andrew

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.811 #17 · p.811 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

One from Monday night….

21SEM

Dec 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.811 #18 · p.811 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Awesome Gary, I'm really loving the colors from the M at high ISO. I just bought Thorstens old 21SEM can't wait to contribute

Dec 19, 2013 at 06:07 AM
atwl77
• •
p.811 #19 · p.811 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Haven't been shooting much lately due to life and work getting in the way.

Charles -- nice shots, those flowers remind me of my neighbourhood.

Fursan -- love your variety, always nice to see something different.

Dec 19, 2013 at 06:59 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.811 #20 · p.811 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Lovely work everyone! Very inspiring!

Just a short rant about my M9:

After I was led to believe my camera will be sent to Germany for sensor replacement, I finally found out it was sent to Singapore instead. Leica Singapore provided me with an inspection report saying the camera has a delaminating sensor. It will be repaired in Singapore after they receive the new sensors by end of February. The report mentions that the camera was delivered without a body cap.

Now I sent them an email inquiring about what happened to the original body cap that was on my camera when I delivered it. No reply.

Then I sent another email asking them to send the camera to Germany instead, and if they are unable to do so, to send the camera back to me without repair so that I could either use it until they have received the sensors, or send it to Germany on my expense. No reply.

I contacted Customer Care in Germany about this issue. No reply.

Now I'm very confused and upset. It's like my camera belongs to Leica and it has been only loaned to me to use it for a rental fee of 7000$.

Dec 19, 2013 at 08:07 AM
1       2       3              810      
       812              2351       2352       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              810      
       812              2351       2352       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.