• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.806 #1 · p.806 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Dec 09, 2013 at 10:42 PM
dalegaspi
• •
p.806 #2 · p.806 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

daymn..those portraits from Mike are some of the best i've seen. i almost threw away my M equipment out the window in envy. almost. only because i remember how much i paid for them.

Dec 10, 2013 at 01:05 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.806 #3 · p.806 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Adam, with regards to the M240, I know the frame lines are lit electronically, so I am not sure how they might be linked to RF adjustment. I know the M9/MM were all done as part of the RF calibration sequence. I am still puzzled why some 50 mm lenses work and your 50 APO is way off! Almost an issue with the cam itself.

Mike, congrats on the legendary 75 Lux Even Mandler himself, said this was his best designed lens! Wonderful portraits!!
Doug, nice capture
Nibutto, nice mood to the first shot
Fursan, the shot is stunning!

Dec 10, 2013 at 01:24 AM
dalegaspi
• •
p.806 #4 · p.806 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

BrianVS wrote:
I've been using the Leica M8 in uncompressed Raw mode, using the technique and software here:

http://m8raw2dng.de/?page_id=31

Leica M8, 35/1.7 Ultron wide-open, ISO 2500.

http://www.leicaplace.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1494&d=1385824238

The in-camera Jpeg 100% crop,

http://www.leicaplace.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1495&d=1385825109

100% crop from the 16-bit uncompressed DNG created using M8RAW2DNG software:

http://www.leicaplace.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1496&d=1385825156

This is much improved, close to what my M9 does at ISO2500. No noise reduction.

curious..is this true 14-bit uncompressed RAW? i could have used this software when i had the M8!

re: your sample, i really would've not attempted really high ISO in this artificial light...the color shift (or is that shift due to IR, perhaps?) ultimately just shows way beyond the limits of the sensor...no magic can ever help there, IMO.

Dec 10, 2013 at 01:27 AM
atwl77
• •
p.806 #5 · p.806 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Joe - nice set, was the train shot cropped? Seems quite close for a 35.

mikethevilla - great lens, great subject too! Beautiful rendering.

Fursan - another great set, and yeah seems like that other thread is spiralling down and down.

Adam - I also find your frame line issues with the 50aa very strange... I thought the frame line set was linked to the RF, so all 50/75 lenses would behave the same.

Dec 10, 2013 at 01:44 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.806 #6 · p.806 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Shot just PP'd with the M240 and 75 Lux at Currumbin Beach

Dec 10, 2013 at 02:12 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.806 #7 · p.806 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very nice Charles!

Question for you or anybody that has a VF2 Oly, The unit does not fully engage into the electronic port, but it still works fine, is this normal for this viewer? I realize it's not mad for leica, but I can already see a difference this would make, very nice, esp. with the focus zone!

Phil

Dec 10, 2013 at 02:24 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.806 #8 · p.806 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

3D.Doug wrote:
75 lux pretty hard to come by, aren't they? Ok, I see about what it takes... about 4 grand now, lol.

I'll keep my 75 APO Cron ASPH I think... :-)

Nice shots Mike, looks like a good lens.

======
NOTICE:
======
IF anyone is looking for a new M.
Try Pop Flash... It's just a heads up for friends... I have nothing to do with it.
======
NOTICE:
======

Thanks allot Doug, about 2 months late buddy!

Phil

Dec 10, 2013 at 02:25 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.806 #9 · p.806 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

jojomon11 wrote:
Very nice Charles!

Question for you or anybody that has a VF2 Oly, The unit does not fully engage into the electronic port, but it still works fine, is this normal for this viewer? I realize it's not mad for leica, but I can already see a difference this would make, very nice, esp. with the focus zone!

Phil

Thank you Phil The Oly VF2 fully engages into the flash slot where the load bearing is done, and there is a shoulder where it sits flush onto M240. There is the appearance that the electronic port does not fully engage, but I feel this is part of the design of the VF2. The VF2, IMO in bright ambient lighting is much better than the A7r EVF. It may slightly less resolution, but for me, the functionality and ease of use is more important

Dec 10, 2013 at 02:31 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.806 #10 · p.806 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Charles! Really helps allot with that answer, the engineer in me was over analyzing again!

Does the optional eyecup help you allot? Assuming you have it

Phil

Dec 10, 2013 at 02:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

joe88
• • • •
p.806 #11 · p.806 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes, everyone

Adam, sorry to read about your 50APO problems again. Hope there is a solution that works, else sell it at a discount to me
Gary, ncie winter shot. Roof tiles?
Mike, congrats on your 75Lux, excellent set with the portraits.
Doug, if I recall correctly, the 80Lux-R and 75Lux has similar fingerprint. Not sure, maybe others can chime in but otherwise, for a modern look, can't beat the 75Cron.
nibutto, nice colors with the M8 and 90Cron. I quite like the pp and contrast of your previous set, nothing wrong if you like the look.
Fursan, more excellent shots. And I agree, while others debate on which camera to use, some of us will keep enjoying taking pics with our antiquated Leicas
Charles, excellent with the 75Lux. As we start to freeze up here, I envy you folks enjoying the warmth down under!
Phil, I mentioned a few pages back that my Oly EVF-2 can appear to loose its image and requires a firm press on the contacts sometimes. Not sure if the problem is with my EVF or the actual camera.

atwl77 wrote:
Joe - nice set, was the train shot cropped? Seems quite close for a 35.

Uncropped

I do like the 35Cron 8 element for its 0.7m MFD, although performance wide open is lacking compared to the 35Cron 7 element or ASPH. It does seem to sharpen up nicely by f/2.8 and considering the design is from 1958, its actually quite good. Performance wise, its way ahead of the Canon 35/2 ltm or my Nikkor 3.5cm 1.8 ltm from the same era. Actually, from the MTF charts, its stopped down performance almost rivals the 35Cron ASPH and is very similar to the 35CronIV (some even say its better than the 35CronIV). From what I read, Leica tried to reduce cost and simplify design on V2 & 3 and it took them another 20 years before the could actually improve on the performance. I can understand why it fetches more $$ than a used 35Cron ASPH. Another plus is its very well made mechanically, better than the 35Cron 7 element I had, but I would still put the 35Cron ASPH ahead in terms of build quality.

Vignetting was probably from my cheap screw-on hood.

oh, yes, and it can create an interesting flare in some shots

Dec 10, 2013 at 02:51 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.806 #12 · p.806 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

jojomon11 wrote:
Thanks Charles! Really helps allot with that answer, the engineer in me was over analyzing again!

Does the optional eyecup help you allot? Assuming you have it

Phil

You are welcome From another engineer, I understand I don't use the eyecup, as I have multi focals, and the EVF works well without. I may have to try it!

Thank you Joe I am really loving your shots with 35 Cron 8 element!!! Having the MFD of 0.7m is a great bonus.

Dec 10, 2013 at 02:52 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.806 #13 · p.806 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Charles. I think you might want to consider getting one of these 35Crons. It could complete your Mandler 35 2/50 1.0/ 75 1.4 collection

Dec 10, 2013 at 02:59 AM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.806 #14 · p.806 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks folks. Gary (or anyone else here for that matter), if you're ever in the Southern California area, you're welcome to take it out for a spin.

A few more:

M9 + Leica 75 1.4 Summilux.

Dec 10, 2013 at 03:10 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.806 #15 · p.806 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charles - very nice shot with 75lux. Please stop posting as I cannot afford that lens! I did notice one on the B&S today though…

Mike - wow! And thanks for the offer…. I actually may be in Chino this Thursday or perhaps next Monday. Careful what you offer - I may poach it and sneak it back accross the border! Gary: "Hey Mike, can I try out your lens for just half an hour?"

Dec 10, 2013 at 03:11 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.806 #16 · p.806 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charles and Joe thanks for the info, dang the Leica EVF is sooo expensive!

Very nice Mike! Love the rich tones and contrast here!

Joe first shot for me, love the flare in the second as well That reminds me I need to wash my hands!

Phil

Dec 10, 2013 at 03:26 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.806 #17 · p.806 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

mikethevilla wrote:
Spent a few minutes testing out my new 75 lux.

Great pics! Hey, if I'm ever in Long Beach (we pass through there quite often), would you mind meeting up to show me that lens? I would love get one to replace my 90 Cron, but am worried that it may be too heavy for my taste.

Arka C.

Dec 10, 2013 at 03:39 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.806 #18 · p.806 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks so much for all your comments and opinions. This is a great thread!

Could I pester you all for a few more thoughts on some work I did while in downtown LA last month? B&W or color on these two?

The first was shot with a CV 21mm f/1.8
The second was shot with a Summilux 35mm f/1.4.

1. Foggy building color

2. Foggy building B&W

3. Homeless study color

4. Homeless study B&W

Edited on Dec 10, 2013 at 03:46 AM · View previous versions

Dec 10, 2013 at 03:42 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.806 #19 · p.806 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Arka - I actually prefer both of these in B&W. Second pic is very interesting...

Dec 10, 2013 at 03:44 AM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.806 #20 · p.806 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ha. No worries folks. I'm actually in Orange County now (should update the profile), but I'm always happy to meet up and geek out. All it takes is a text: 480.206.fourfivesevenseven.

Dec 10, 2013 at 03:46 AM
1       2       3              805      
       807              1381       1382       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              805      
       807              1381       1382       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password