Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              804      
       806              1080       1081       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Tobin28
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.805 #1 · p.805 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe 88, I checked out your website. The pic of the body builders is epic man. The composition, everything. Its killer. Nice work! 35mm focal length?

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:20 PM
joe88
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.805 #2 · p.805 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Chad, much appreciated! Yes, 35mmFL on that shot with a CV 35/2.5 Skopar. Most of my portfolio work are done with either 28 or 35.

Haven't seen you around lately. Still shooting your M9 and stalking our legendary Mr Frank?

Joe

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:28 PM
Tobin28
• • •
p.805 #3 · p.805 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hi Joe!!! The M9 is away getting a CLA hope to be shooting again soon! Like I say love the work on your page. Also the lab you used really make silver gel prints, man they look amazing.

HAHAA I have spent the last three summers visiting Mr Frank and bringing him a print that I take of the past year before. I get invited in the house now and usually stay about 3 hours. Couple of months ago I photographed him in front of his house in his underwear. The man is beyond interesting. Its like hanging out with Picasso like Jason Eskenazi said.

Chad

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:36 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.805 #4 · p.805 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Shot these last week with my CV 50 1.5, which back focused consistently with the whole shoot. Wondering if I should try yet another adapter with this lens...

if you're having trouble focusing with the rangefinder changing adapters shouldn't make much difference and you probably need to get the lens calibrated. if you're distance scale is off on the lens a different adapter could help with that.

Oct 08, 2013 at 11:09 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.805 #5 · p.805 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:26 AM
muc_marlin
• •
p.805 #6 · p.805 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue, did you some selective pp on the mountain? I just ask because there seems to be a glow or a light fringe on the mountain tips?
airfrogusmc, I like the first a lot!

Oct 09, 2013 at 08:36 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.805 #7 · p.805 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Michael and others for comments and likes!

Allen, excellent set. #1 and 5 are my favorites.

Michael, the first horizontal composition works best for me. Very nice! The Contax 645 lenses are excellent and from what I gather with dealers and users, the AF works well on the S2. The only reason I'm holding back right now is the price of the adapter at almost US$2000. I can get really nice files with some Mamiya 645 lenses at a fraction of the price. The Leica S lenses are in a different league though and this was the main reason I decided on the S2 for digital MF, plus the undeniable "je ne sais quio" of Leica .

Even with my KEH $195 Mamiya 645 45 2.8N, the files are beautiful. Some samples.

This was ISO640 pushed 1 stop in LR.

Gear shot

and crop

----
50Cron Rigid flare

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:19 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.805 #8 · p.805 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Joe and muc_marlin
A few more from yesterday

Oct 09, 2013 at 02:37 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.805 #9 · p.805 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

muc_marlin wrote:
zhangyue, did you some selective pp on the mountain? I just ask because there seems to be a glow or a light fringe on the mountain tips?
airfrogusmc, I like the first a lot!

Peter, I did. because of haze, and DR. I use brush in LR4 for both Mountain and sky. obviously, I didn't do a good work. That is one minute job, to do it right, I might need 30 mins

Joe, the portrait from S looks great, drool....
Allen, the first one from 2nd set is great!

Some family pics from last weekend

50lux ASPH WO

Oct 09, 2013 at 06:51 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.805 #10 · p.805 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

From the end of summer ... never exported from LR for some reason. M-E and CV 28 1.9.

Oct 09, 2013 at 09:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joe88
• • • •
p.805 #11 · p.805 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Michael. Excellent shots with the 50Lux ASPH. The background fall off on the 3rd shot is surreal, love it. Looks like calibration is good now?

Allen, another excellent set. #1 is my favorite.

Katie, very nice sunset pic!

Oct 09, 2013 at 09:52 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.805 #12 · p.805 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Joe! Love your recent shots, too. Those little bottom teeth just slay me!
Allen - wonderful last two sets (as always). Your B&W images are all so powerful. I like your shooting style. Alot.
Zhangyue - your color is always perfect. The lens rendering here is gorgeous, too.

Another "older" shot. I just printed this and it's now hanging in the hall. Too cute to pass up.

Oct 09, 2013 at 11:37 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.805 #13 · p.805 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I have done some testing and determined that my CV 50 1.5 is indeed back focusing - pretty bad. I am attaching photos (cropped) to show this - as it seems to be more severe the further the distance. In order the photos are: FOCUS IS ON THE CIRCLE AT CENTER

1)MFD - wide open
2)backed up - wide open
3)same position - f/2
4)same position - f/2.8
5)same position - f/4
My question is: this is my SECOND adapter for this lens and I'm still not happy. Do I go ahead and order a NEW voigtlander version 2 adapter or go for the newest raqual that allows coding? I've read that the version 2 is a bit deeper and allows more accurate focusing, but I have no idea really. I've measured the adapter depth at roughly 5/16".

Oct 10, 2013 at 09:25 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.805 #14 · p.805 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Dang, I can hear crickets in here...

Hogging the board while you're all away*

I think "WTF" or "WTH" would look better...

Oct 11, 2013 at 01:01 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.805 #15 · p.805 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Katie, cool strobist shot, excellent I actually like the 2nd set, especially #1 & 3.

The back focus can be seen, looks like a few cms. Can be workable if you can consistently remember to focus slightly forward of your target Which adapter are you currently using? Maybe sell this lens and get the M mount version which has 0.7MFD?

Oct 11, 2013 at 01:37 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.805 #16 · p.805 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I am using a generic adapter now ... that's why I thought maybe the Voigtlander version 2 might be better. It seems to get progressively worse as the distance is greater - headshots turn into the ears/hair in focus and face is darn blurry. That just isn't gonna work for me. At all. All my other lenses are spot on (tested them all today the same way). I just got the lens (I think I paid $400, but can't remember where I got it - RFF I think) and didn't want to spend more than $500 on a 50mm, as I don't use that length much. I really prefer 35mm; but know that I will need the 50mm eventually. Probably for portraits - which is where I'll need it wide open and not back focusing. Crap. Anyone have any ideas about these adapters? I don't want to focus blind!

Oct 11, 2013 at 01:48 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.805 #17 · p.805 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I can understand your frustration. I think I mentioned a few post back that its best to stay with vintage Leitz adapters and second choice will be the Voigtlander ones. They do make a difference in consistency of material thickness. If those doesn't work, you would have to send it in for collimation. DAG does a good job but it will cost about $100 I think.

For closer to $600, have you tried the ZM50/2 Planar? Very nice lens and would still give you good subject separation for portraits. Very Zeiss 3D look.

Oct 11, 2013 at 01:59 AM
CVickery
• • • •
p.805 #18 · p.805 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nothing special, it was a rainy day and work was crazy. I ended up cropping off a bit of the right side to clean it up, but I've been wanting to try this combo for a while now

Canon 85/1.2 SSC Aspherical w/o on the M240

Oct 11, 2013 at 06:30 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.805 #19 · p.805 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots guys..

Joe - Awesome you got a S2.. I'd suggest trying to get a 80/2 Contax645 lens.. In fact any Contax 645 lens is great, but my favorite is the 80/2 (I have 3 of them! One comes with each camera body I own). I have a few other contax lenses, but I sold off most of my other brand MF gear. OH man, so many good lenses to toy with though.
I also like the 80 1.9(?) Mamiya manual focus lens, it's pretty nifty, but I could never get sharp shots anywhere past half body... Eyesight is bad I guess. The autofocus hassy 100/2 is a good lens as well, but for the price, I'd just pick up a 80/2 Contax..
I'm going on, but I'm actually not sure which adapters are currently available?!
I borrowed and played with a S camera and a bunch of lenses for a while, on two occasions. I found that for my style of shooting it was difficult to use. The autofocus was slow and inconsistent, and harder to manual focus then other 645 cameras. It's a lot easier to manual focus the contax, so I stuck with that.. And after selling my hassy digital, I'm looking actively for a digital back for my contax... Just to have. BUT with that said, I really did like the files I got from the S, and I really did LOVE the lenses, I thought that the 70 was great, and the 120 macro although a bit difficult to use, was really quite something.
Had I spent a little more time with the camera, I think I would have picked one up.

Enjoy the camera, and can't wait to see more pictures!

Oct 11, 2013 at 09:46 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.805 #20 · p.805 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Just arrived back from five days in Ubud Bali. The thread has moved so fast with so many excellent images, but I do not have the chance to comment on all

I have now have a backup M240, which fortunately became available as an ex-demo model. So if anyone is seriously interested in the M-M do let me know

Phil, great B&W image! Beautiful tonality.
Katie, congrats on the CV 21 Very nice environmental shots!
Ryan, lovely portrait!
Gary, excellent set with 21 SEM
Michael, love the originality of your images.
Joe, thank you very much Superb work, and congratulations on the exhibition. Congratulations on the S2...wow We have to get the thread to be changed to include the S2. Wonderful shots.
Allen, amazing street series!

Some images from Ubud, Bali all with the M240 50 Cron Rigid DR and 21 SEM. The 50 Cron Rigid DR was a great lens, as it was small, combined well on the M240, and allowed Macro shots too

Edited on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM · View previous versions

Oct 11, 2013 at 09:50 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password