p.805 #2 · p.805 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

M8, cron 28 asph, London

Dec 08, 2013 at 03:53 PM
nicolab
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.805 #3 · p.805 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

First thanks for your warm welcome!

Today I tried the M8 in hyperfocal with the CV15. (All f5,6 set from 1 mt to infinity)

I'll need some time to improve how to process M8 raws,
I like this CV15 on the M8 cropped sensor.
The next lens I'm looking for is Nokton 35 1,2 or nokton 50 1,1 (for low light)
Can you post some jpg of these two lenses? Has anyone used these Voigtlanders on the M8? Thanks!

Dec 08, 2013 at 07:14 PM
atwl77
• •
p.805 #4 · p.805 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Wow, this thread sure moves fast that I can't keep up with everyone, so I've just been sprinkling likes around without commenting when I see pictures I like.

nibutto, love your processing, are you using any presets like VSCO?

Here are some random shots from a dinner from last week (all M240 with 50 lux asph):

Dec 09, 2013 at 02:23 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.805 #5 · p.805 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Charles and everyone else for the likes.

Doug, keep the 80Lux, don't sell it as it is a Leica classic. I like the "space saucer" shot best from this set.
Gary, $45 is a steal on that lens. Looks sharper than my slightly more expensive Olympus 50 3.5
Charles, nice shot with the 50DR. I agree, some of the older Mandler glass such as the 50 1.0 and 75Lux looks great on the A7R, seems sharper than on a M(240).
Edward, A7M, you mean a monochrom A7?
Fursan, more excellent shots. Really like the shot with the M8 +75Cron from the Swiss alps.
Nibutto, nice pp on those shots,+ve film contrast and tones. Excellent set.
Adrian, excellent set with the 50Lux ASPH. Nice pastel pp. Cool framing on #1.

-----
35Cron 8 element. This is currently one of my favorite 35mm FL for B&W. Simply gorgeous tones and rendering.

Summarit-M 5cm f/1.5 from today

Dec 09, 2013 at 03:05 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.805 #6 · p.805 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nibutto, nice set, that is serious blue sky. I used to have the 50 1.1 CV. I only had M9 at time though. Lens is nice, I wasn't quite pleased on the M9 with it's presentation, well I would have kept it, but wound up getting a 50 Lux. I still have to get my 50 Lux adjusted by Leica (another story). But you can look at a few images on my site from the 50 1.1. Mostly some test images and a few miscellaneous shots.

http://photojazz.zenfolio.com/p38603346/h10fbaa7e#h286248c7

Joe, that shot amazed me with it's quality look and feel too. My results has been spotty. When it's "on", it's really on. I could see this being a really nice portrait lens of course. Nailing focus would be the real trick.

So how can I improve my results? Live view just isn't giving me all the detail I need at this point. Is there a way to improve that, viewfinder? What will communicate with the lens?

I know it's a special lens. I just have to figure out how to get the most out of it if I do keep it.

Doug

Dec 09, 2013 at 04:24 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.805 #7 · p.805 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Hi guys, some nice shots the last couple of days!

Wanted to ask a quick question. Why is it that my 50APO has the worst frame line alignment of all my lenses, if I'm shooting typical (landscape mode), the viewfinder frames are low and to the left of the image (I think).. But so much so, that it really makes it impossible to do intimate (close up) two people shots (when I rotate for vertical shooting. someones shoulder and arm is bound to be cut off, even if I overcompensate for it, it still difficult).

I have noticed that my 50Noctilux or 50Summilux-asph don't do this almost at all, (a bit off for the 50lux, but not horrible), and my other lenses are almost right on.

Is this something that Leica didn't address when building the focusing cam? Because I know that some lenses make the focusing screen to shift a bit, correct?

Dec 09, 2013 at 05:41 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.805 #8 · p.805 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice set Joe. I also really like the rendering of that 35cron - so smooth but not glowy.

Dec 09, 2013 at 05:41 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.805 #9 · p.805 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

One more winter abstractů.

90cron pre-AA

Dec 09, 2013 at 05:42 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.805 #10 · p.805 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Edward, Phil and Joe, thanks
Joe, yes the 50 Nocti f/1.0 on the A7r is a great combo, worthwhile just on its own.
Fursan, wonderful artistic series!!! Love them all
Nibutto, really like the bold PP'ing. Great set. IMO, I would tone down the blue channel on #3 and 4.
Adrian, very nice! #1 is very cool shot
Joe, great B&W tonality in all your images! The 35 Cron is magic, as is the 5cm Summarit
Adam, you are not having a good run!!! One of the biggest issues I had with my M9, were the frame line calibrations for the 50 and 75mm FL's for portraits. This drove me crazy. These should be calibrated and accurate, and I sent my M9 on numerous occasions just to calibrate the 50/75 framelines to be accurate. This only took a day in Melbourne, but with the M240, time factor to Solms, this is not so simple. I don't quite understand why it is works for some 50's and not the 50 APO.

Gary, your abstract shots have been awesome!!!

Dec 09, 2013 at 07:18 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mikethevilla
• • • •
p.805 #11 · p.805 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Spent a few minutes testing out my new 75 lux.

M9 + Leica 75 1.4 Summilux.

Dec 09, 2013 at 09:39 AM
seekuh
• •
p.805 #12 · p.805 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great shots, mikethevilla. The Summilux 75 is one of my favorite lenses.

Dec 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.805 #13 · p.805 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

mikethevilla - nice, I like the second shot, treatment and expression.

Dec 09, 2013 at 01:14 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.805 #14 · p.805 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Edward, Phil and Joe, thanks
Joe, yes the 50 Nocti f/1.0 on the A7r is a great combo, worthwhile just on its own.
Fursan, wonderful artistic series!!! Love them all
Nibutto, really like the bold PP'ing. Great set. IMO, I would tone down the blue channel on #3 and 4.
Adrian, very nice! #1 is very cool shot
Joe, great B&W tonality in all your images! The 35 Cron is magic, as is the 5cm Summarit
Adam, you are not having a good run!!! One of the biggest issues I had with my M9, were the frame line calibrations for the 50 and 75mm FL's
...Show more

Ok, so what you're saying is this isn't something that's dependent on the lens design, but rather another alignment issue?! Good to know, means it can be fixed.

Oh and to add insult to injury (salt to an open wound etc), today was one of the first glaringly sunny days, so I went out at golden hour to take a few shots and the lens flares almost as bad as it did before the fix. Really not to much of an improvement if I'm shooting a subject who's heavily backlit. Comparatively I tested the 50Lux 50Noct and both did lots better (although the noct has a bit of ugly flare when is rears its head). Though again, better, but still not what I'd have expected after being away for a month.. If I didn't like flare, I'd probably have given up and sold my M gear at this point.

Anyway, I guess I'm going to send everything to Germany for a tune up... Or perhaps fly back out to Japan.

Dec 09, 2013 at 01:18 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.805 #15 · p.805 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Weather was horrid this weekend here, I guess shouldn't complain though with the bad weather across most of the south, we got out light.

Anyway, stuck my head out back and shot this just for testing the 80 Lux stopped down @ f8

Dec 09, 2013 at 02:31 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.805 #16 · p.805 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks for the gift likes. The tones are interesting with this image. It has a very warm and real feel to it I think. A little bit soft, I guess that "Leica Look" of old...

Dec 09, 2013 at 04:07 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.805 #17 · p.805 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Mike - congrats on the 75lux. I would love to try out that lens and think I would use it more than the 90mm FL...

Dec 09, 2013 at 06:06 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.805 #18 · p.805 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

75 lux pretty hard to come by, aren't they? Ok, I see about what it takes... about 4 grand now, lol.

I'll keep my 75 APO Cron ASPH I think... :-)

Nice shots Mike, looks like a good lens.

======
NOTICE:
======
IF anyone is looking for a new M.
Try Pop Flash... It's just a heads up for friends... I have nothing to do with it.
======
NOTICE:
======

Edited on Dec 09, 2013 at 08:55 PM · View previous versions

Dec 09, 2013 at 06:16 PM
nicolab
• •
p.805 #19 · p.805 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Mike, super portrait with your 75 lux!
Looking @ the p.p. of my jpgs, I will slow down a bit contrast and saturation. I'm loosing a lot of details in the shadows, and yes, that blue sky is... too blue...
Here 2 images from a 90 summicron I borrow.

Dec 09, 2013 at 08:51 PM
Fursan
• •
p.805 #20 · p.805 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you friends for the encouraging comments and the ' likes '.

In that never ending thread here on why people buy digital Leicas anymore, I said they looked nice. Very nice.
Which they do.

And it so happens the photos using Leicas do make images with them..

Strange some think a Leica is only to be worn around the neck as ornaments.

Dec 09, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1       2       3              804      
       806              1380       1381       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              804      
       806              1380       1381       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password