Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              803      
       805              1096       1097       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.804 #1 · p.804 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments

joakim love the toning here, sets the mood

Very nice Gary, your family is one active outdoors group

Very nice zhangyue, love the over saturation of the last one

Phil

Mono w/zeiss 35 2f biogon (I love this lens, great lens)

M Monochrom    Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 (IV) lens    35mm    1/60s    800 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Oct 06, 2013 at 05:12 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.804 #2 · p.804 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots all. Have been enjoying everyone's posting as always.

From the previous page,
Peter, enjoying every single one of your landscape pics from your hikes. Excellent work as always!
Charles, stunning macro with the DR50!
Ryan, excellent set with the Mono and CV35 1.2
Adam, lovely portrait of your wife. Love the backlighting effect. Stunning lens!
Dexter, nice set!
Cal, nice shots and congrats on your M240.
Gary, really like your new processing scrip on recent shots. Pics look sharp and the B&Ws are stunning! Nikkor 10.5cm looks great.
Joakim, cool bikes and very nice toned B&W tree shot with the 50Lux ASPH.
Phil, 0.95 sings! ZM35/2 looking good as well
Michael, excellent shots with the 35CronV1 and 50Lux ASPH.

BTW, for those looking for a M240, a local authorized dealer has a few M(240)s available and possibly a demo unit as well. PM me if interested, and no I don't get commissions from them.

Joe

Oct 07, 2013 at 02:00 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.804 #3 · p.804 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe, thanks for your comments. I am still waiting for your Leica S shots, I don't mind you post it here since this is only Leica Thread here
Phil, very nice BW shot.
More 35cron V1 photo from Hawaii.

Saw the opportunity, I was trying different way to crop scene in front of me

Oct 07, 2013 at 06:24 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.804 #4 · p.804 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Excellent shots Michael! What a nice vacation to have!

BTW, I don't have an S, only an older S2, bought used. Its much more challenging trying to built a fully Leica lens kit on the S2 (unfortunately don't have a money tree in my backyard ), but so far this is the only near medium format sensor which takes almost ALL relevant medium format lenses, Mamiya 645, Pentax 67, Hassy V, Hassy H and Contax AF with AF via electronic adapters. I'll share some pics if you all don't mind.

Here's some samples taken with Mamiya 645 80/1.9 C via adapter

and with Mamiya 45/2.8N @ ISO1250 pushed 0.7stops in LR5.
Coming from a M9, ISO1250 on the S2 is quite usable if exposed correctly

------
BTW, if some of you have some time, this is an interesting read. I shot this on assignment for the Sunday Magazine. Pic #1,3 M240 50Lux E46. #2 RX1. I will post some outtakes when my embargo for sharing is lifted in a few weeks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/magazine/why-are-there-still-so-few-women-in-science.html?hpw&_r=0#comments

Oct 07, 2013 at 02:09 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.804 #5 · p.804 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice, Joe. Leica S2 as well...can't wait to see more! The shot of your son is excellent!

Phil - the mono shot has such a great look to it, very nice

Michael - more from Hawaii is not a bad thing. Great shots...and colors

Found a deal I couldn't resist on an M....got it late last week and went to use it. Thing keeps freezing up on me and resetting settings. Not sure whats going on. Going to look at it more over the next few days to determine if I should return or send to Leica. I tried about 4 or 5 different cards, nothing changes. Have two batteries, nothing different when switching. Did get off one shot I really liked...

Canon 100 f/2

Oct 07, 2013 at 04:00 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.804 #6 · p.804 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Ryan and congrats on the M240, excellent shot of your daughter! Did you pick up the EVF for this shot? My M240 freezes once a while too, especially when using EVF, it can freeze quite often if I zoom, switch to LCD live view and RF continuously. Hope you can resolve the issues soon. I use Trandscend 16GB, 32GB, Sanddisk Extreme Pro 64GB SdXc and haven't had issues other than having to format the first time with the SD formater software to speed up startup times. Black or chrome?

Oct 07, 2013 at 04:26 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.804 #7 · p.804 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Joe. Haven't picked up an EVF yet, plan on the Olympus though. Got the chrome one. I have tried several different Lexar and Sandisk cards, quite frustrating.

Oct 07, 2013 at 05:33 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.804 #8 · p.804 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rsolti13 wrote:
Thanks Joe. Haven't picked up an EVF yet, plan on the Olympus though. Got the chrome one. I have tried several different Lexar and Sandisk cards, quite frustrating.

You may want to get one of the Olympus now before they are no longer available; I believe Olympus has stopped production and is out of them; I believe Olympus has replaced the model with the VF-4, but can be gotten now for a very good price from Staples:

http://www.staples.com/Olympus-VF-2-Electronic-Viewfinder-Black/product_905932

Rich

Oct 07, 2013 at 05:38 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.804 #9 · p.804 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

thanks a lot for the likes and comments about my last set of pictures!

jojomon11, I really admire, love the appearance of the picture...excellent!
joe88, Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it! The S2 pics look pretty sweet...
zhangyue, very nice pictures! From the last two I like more the horizontal, for me it shows better the surrounding! The forrest in the background seem to be huge.
rsolti13, congrats to your new M! Are you keeping the M9 as a spare body?

Oct 07, 2013 at 05:41 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.804 #10 · p.804 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Just out of curiosity, are you guys printing your favorite pictures? I for example buried them for a long time on the hard drive and just got them on my homepage or a forum. Since about three years I try to get printed maybe 3 or 4 pictures per year for the wall. I found it very sad, that there are so many pictures on the hard drive and so many empty spots on the walls!

Oct 07, 2013 at 05:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rsolti13
• • • •
p.804 #11 · p.804 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Rich, thanks for the heads up, thats a great deal!

muc_marlin wrote:
Just out of curiosity, are you guys printing your favorite pictures? I for example buried them for a long time on the hard drive and just got them on my homepage or a forum. Since about three years I try to get printed maybe 3 or 4 pictures per year for the wall. I found it very sad, that there are so many pictures on the hard drive and so many empty spots on the walls!

To answer your first question, unfortunately the M9 had to go to fund the M240. As far as printing, I never did print up until about 1 1/2 years ago when I bought the Epson Stylus Pro 3880. Since then I find myself printing a LOT. All of the pictures we had around the house have been replaced with mine . The quality of print is just amazing. The main thing though is paper. Just yesterday I printed two large prints, one on plain Epson Glossy Paper and the other on Ilford Galerie Premium Smooth Pearl to show someone the difference great paper makes, and wow what a difference. Using excellent paper brings something extra out of the prints that make it very worthwhile to print and display

Oh yeah...whenever I replace photos at home I bring them in to work and hand out to some of the employees. From what I understand I have prints in about a dozen different homes here

Oct 07, 2013 at 06:23 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.804 #12 · p.804 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan, chrome is cool! Hope you can work out the kinks on the M240 soon. I use an Oly EVF but on a few rare occasions it hangs, not sure if its the M240 fault or finder itself.

muc_marlin wrote:
Just out of curiosity, are you guys printing your favorite pictures

With my older son in front of two of my recent 20x30 prints exhibited at Griffin Museum of Photography earlier this Summer. Pics were taken taken with M9 and printed using silver gelatin process. Printed by http://www.digitalsilverimaging.com/

In a large gallery, even my 20x30 prints looked really small

I print quite regularly up to 13x19, but I prefer at least20x17 (A2?) for exhibitions. I have even considered an Epson 7900 but can't find a way to bring it into my small basement workspace

Oct 07, 2013 at 07:01 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.804 #13 · p.804 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Been working on the 6th grade class Fall Festival auction item ... donated by me. This will be cut along the black border (ornamental border) and be printed on metal. It has a metal stand in the back or you can wall mount it. Shot these last week with my CV 50 1.5, which back focused consistently with the whole shoot. Wondering if I should try yet another adapter with this lens...

Oct 07, 2013 at 07:11 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.804 #14 · p.804 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Michael: ( zhangyue) Very impressed with all of your great images that you deliver all the time
Great work !!

Oct 07, 2013 at 08:05 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.804 #15 · p.804 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

jojomon, zhangyue and joe - great shots! I have lots to catch up on here ... Ryan, congrats on the M240! Can't wait to see what you get with it! I blame you for my most recent purchase - I finally got the CV 21 1.8 today and only had about 5 minutes to try it out, so it was just in the house. I can tell that I will like it though (even without a viewfinder). Easy enough to guesstimate framelines - and seems to be quite sharp even wide open (which all of these below are):

All on the M-E

Oct 08, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.804 #16 · p.804 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Wow - lot's of great action around here lately...

Phil - such depth and detail with that ZM35/2. I would like to try that lens one day...
Michael - nice set(s) from Hawaii. Those colors are amazing.
Joe - great to see you back! If I had the funds, I would love to try out the S2. I think it would be stellar for landscapes... That pic of your son with the 80/1.9 is superb. That is one lens I never had a chance to try out when I had my Mamiya 645 Pro-TL. Congrats on the exhibit and publication!
Ryan - glad to hear you got your M240. I have also heard of others with lockup issues but I have only had it happen two or three times. It was when I took a pic and then shut the camera off right away. The pic would stay on the LCD and lock up... I do like the way your Canon 100/2 renders.
Peter - I don't do much printing aside from small photo books with pics from our family vacations. Usually only 4X6 though. Some of your nature pics would print beautifully I bet.
Katie - neat looking project!

Oct 08, 2013 at 03:07 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.804 #17 · p.804 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A mixed bag from last week....

21SEM

180/3.4 APO Tely-T R

21SEM

21SEM

21SEM B&W Version

Oct 08, 2013 at 03:41 AM
muc_marlin
• •
p.804 #18 · p.804 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan, had the same idea when new space is needed :-)
Joe, congrats for having pictures from you in a exhibition!
Katie, congrats to your new lens, good job on the project!
Gary, nice skyline...from the last pic I prefer the color version! The contrast between the colors are great.

Oct 08, 2013 at 07:34 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.804 #19 · p.804 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments, Peter, Katie, Gary!

Katie, love the metal print collage you did for the schoo! I like 21 Ultron pics, especially the way it draws on the 4th shot. I have this lens ans I like it a lot. As for the backfocus on your CV 50/1.5, I assume you are using the ltm version? Which ltm-M adapter are you using? I find the Leitz adapters work the best followed by Voigtlander ones. Those Chinese adapters (even those with over 1000+ve feedbacks on ebay) do not have the same consistency in shim thickness and could cause issues. But if you are already using a Leitz or Voigtlander adapter and still back focuses, have you checked your camera RF calibration with another lens? Otherwise, you might have to send it in for collimation.

Gary, excellent set, the 4th pic of the bridge with the 21SEM is my favorite. This one should print beautifully large! You might want to start collecting some of those M645 lenses again, in anticipation of getting a S2? Used prices have come down quite a bit, you'll be surprised

Nocti 1.0

Oct 08, 2013 at 01:36 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.804 #20 · p.804 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ronny, Ryan, Joe, Katie, Gary, Peter thanks for the comment. appreciate! and Peter, I agree horizontal is the one
Joe, thanks for sharing, the 'Bus' is also my favorite of your pics, but I don't remember see the other one here? If I have to S, I will get contax 80mm first
Ryan, what happen with your M, from dealer or private? can you still return it?
Katie, like those 21f1.8 shots, you made right choice.
Gary, your M240 pic is getting better and better
35cron V1,
Lot of haze and foggy, I decide using BW.
Again, two composition:

Oct 08, 2013 at 03:18 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password