FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              795      
       797              1381       1382       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

3D.Doug
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.796 #1 · p.796 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks guys that commented directly. Fursan, most recently... The 75 cron has become a favorite of mine, quickly.

M9/75 Cron, 2 frame vertical pano I assembled last night... I do not know how I missed the very tree top edge. I guess just poor top framing, oops! It was the sunlight on the base of tree late in the day that caught my eye.

Nov 30, 2013 at 04:08 PM
Fursan
• •
p.796 #2 · p.796 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

3D.Doug wrote:
Thanks guys that commented directly. Fursan, most recently... The 75 cron has become a favorite of mine, quickly.

M9/75 Cron, 2 frame vertical pano I assembled last night... I do not know how I missed the very tree top edge. I guess just poor top framing, oops! It was the sunlight on the base of tree late in the day that caught my eye.

http://photojazz.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v100/p872671215-5.jpg

Very nice Doug.

I have yet to do a pano. Never done one so far!!

Best.

Nov 30, 2013 at 04:16 PM
Fursan
• •
p.796 #3 · p.796 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nov 30, 2013 at 04:16 PM
Fursan
• •
p.796 #4 · p.796 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks folks for the ' likes '.

Hi Hermann..lovely to see you here.

Regards.

Nov 30, 2013 at 08:02 PM
Fursan
• •
p.796 #5 · p.796 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nov 30, 2013 at 08:22 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.796 #6 · p.796 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Doug, good job with the pano, I wouldn't have guessed.
Fursan, I really like the last set.

M9 & 21 Lux for first and third, 28 Cron for second.

Nov 30, 2013 at 09:13 PM
lenticular11
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.796 #7 · p.796 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Fursan, like Ron, I love your last set even more than your previous ones, and in particular #3

Ron, superb wedding shots starting with the arched entrance.

I am so frustrated ATM. Sold a mint M8 back in July to finance a cheap M9 purchase, bought with an unrecognisable SD card problem. That will be fixed by Leica under goodwill which is amazing service really, but they aren't getting to grips with supply issues, so still I wait.

Meanwhile frustration causes me to buy another M8 and that's been with Aus customs since 18 Nov. I have an M6 Classic, but don't shoot film that often...

I'm lucky that I have plenty of other gear to use, but miss shooting my Leica digital RF!

Nov 30, 2013 at 09:40 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.796 #8 · p.796 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

That's a drag about the M9 issue, and the sluggish M8 in customs!

Ron, the lighting on the bride and the gown is beatiful in the middle shot of the last set. nice.

Nov 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
jamgolf
• •
p.796 #9 · p.796 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary, I enjoyed your ZM25 shots. Very cool.
Fursan, your shots in the alleys are captivating and HCB-esque. Great work.
Ron, beautiful shots of the bride. 21SEM shot is beautifully composed. 28cron shot has so much character. Splendid !

Dec 01, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Mitch Alland
• •
p.796 #10 · p.796 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
M9 & 21 Lux for first and third, 28 Cron for second.

Ron,

Gonna call you "WA Ron" (Wide-angle Ron) from now on! The Summicron-28 is a no-brainer and I've got one, but now you have me squirming about the Summilux-21 and looking suspiciously at my Elmarit-21 ASPH...

—Mitch/Chiang Mai
Looking for Baudelaire (WIP)

Edited on Dec 01, 2013 at 02:04 AM · View previous versions

Dec 01, 2013 at 02:02 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.796 #11 · p.796 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron - killer shots from the wedding. To my eye, your PP is just perfect…
Fursan - beautiful shot's as always! There is so much of this wonderful world I have yet to see...

Dec 01, 2013 at 02:02 AM
jamgolf
• •
p.796 #12 · p.796 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

M9, Noctilux:
@ f4

@ f1.7

Dec 01, 2013 at 02:15 AM
CVickery
• • • •
p.796 #13 · p.796 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice sunset this evening

Leica M with Elmar 24/3.8 ASPH @5.6

Dec 01, 2013 at 02:33 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.796 #14 · p.796 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Awesome Ron!

What was your iso in the church shot at? Lighting? if any

Phil

Dec 01, 2013 at 02:37 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.796 #15 · p.796 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

What great colors Cal!

Dec 01, 2013 at 02:46 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.796 #16 · p.796 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A couple more random snaps with ZM25...

ZM25

ZM25

ZM25

Dec 01, 2013 at 03:54 AM
atwl77
• •
p.796 #17 · p.796 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, another great set, loved them all.

CVickery, those colours are out of this world! Was that how it looked?

I picked up a 50lux asph this weekend for my M240 (before the reported price hike next year), but the weather was dreary and dull and I did not go anywhere so here are some random snaps from my walk around my neighbourhood.

I'm aiming for a one Leica lens per year plan, hopefully next year will be a good year (financially) as I'm looking to pick up either the 35lux fle, or perhaps just a 28 summicron.

Dec 01, 2013 at 10:52 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.796 #18 · p.796 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks everyone for the likes and comments.

Jawad, I like the sunset in the window and the light and shadow in the second. I wonder if a lower angle with more of a reflection of the boy in the table would have worked? But with kids, it's difficult to keep them in one spot for long.

Great colours Cal! I caught the tail end of the sunset through the window and knew I missed something decent.

Gary, another wonderfully eclectic set of scenes. Really like the trailer!

Thanks Adrian - your set definitely shows off the Lux ASPH's character. Is the area of lower contrast in the B&W conversions an effect from the post production, or actual flare?

Both the 35 Lux FLE and 28 Cron are great lenses... I ended up with the 28 in part because I thought skipping every other typical focal length would better fill out my system. There are times I could use 35 to better effect than 28, but so far cropping the 28 has worked out OK. The 35 FLE is looking to be a strong performer on the a7/R, in case that also interests you.

I also read about the price increases... Seems to be an inevitable yearly occurrence. At least this year it doesn't look to be too bad for most items that are going up.

Mitch Alland wrote:
Ron,

Gonna call you "WA Ron" (Wide-angle Ron) from now on! The Summicron-28 is a no-brainer and I've got one, but now you have me squirming about the Summilux-21 and looking suspiciously at my Elmarit-21 ASPH...

—Mitch/Chiang Mai
Looking for Baudelaire (WIP)

Thanks Mitch. I really like the 21mm field of view and the Lux certainly is useful when it's dark and you need to eek out as much shutter speed as possible. When I started shooting weddings with this photographer he was very nervous about my use of lenses wider than 35mm on a regular basis. He considered them 'effects' lenses, often overdone/overused just for the ultra WA effect of exaggerated perspective. But I think I've convinced him that if handled well, 21mm can look relatively normal... or at least less exaggerated than expected. There are definitely situations where I notice problems with stretched/distorted body parts that are not so flattering...

jojomon11 wrote:
Awesome Ron!

What was your iso in the church shot at? Lighting? if any

Phil

Thanks Phil! I'm still thinking about your 50/1 wedding images and pondering whether or not to try the lens as well...

The church was ISO 640 and 1/125 f/1.4. A somewhat brighter church than others I've been in... All of these images are available light. Didn't use any flash until the dancing stage of the reception.

For exposure I generally stick to either ISO 160 or 640 and let images go dark if 640 and the shutter speed/aperture I want underexposes. But because I'm shooting these with another photographer and he handles all the post production, he's had a bit of difficulty with the notion of pushing a lot more in post... and difficulty tweaking the M9's colors to his liking (i.e. matching his established look from the Canon cameras he uses), particularly for indoor mixed lighting. I suspect he might like the M240 files better...

Adam: Reading back though a few pages, glad to know the visit to Leica in Tokyo was worthwhile at resolving the M240 RF calibration. Sorry to hear the purple preview image problem is back. Hopefully the 50AA performs better now that it's back, despite the dust and other problems...

Sorry to potentially bore everyone with wedding photos, but it's about all of interest I have to show at the moment...

M9 & 28 Cron for first two, 21 Lux for last two. I think all were shot wide open.

Dec 01, 2013 at 11:58 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.796 #19 · p.796 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Ron (really minor annoyances with Leica at this point, and NOW the magenta is not a continuous problem, its been off and on the last couple of days), BTW the wedding images are awesome and not a bore at all.. I love seeing Leica wedding shots
(My wife won't let me shoot weddings with the M camera, she says it'll spoil my love for it, if I use it for work).

Gary, love the trailer shot.

atwl77, congrats on the lens, and a lens a year is a good plan (allows you to really learn a lens before buying another one, and if I were a patient person, I'd have definitely done that and it would have given me an advantage over having many lenses that I haven't had the chance to shoot/master).

Jam and CVickery - You obviously took the same sunset, despite the distance between the two of you.

Dec 01, 2013 at 12:28 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.796 #20 · p.796 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Fursan, fantastic photographs. True masterpieces.
Ron, top notch wedding photos. To paraphrase Mitch, we need to call you "der Weitwinkelmeister"
Jam, Cal, beautiful sunsets!
Gary, awesome set with the ZM 25!
Adrian, really like the last shot!

Dec 01, 2013 at 01:51 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password