Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              794      
       796              1043       1044       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jabberwockt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.795 #1 · p.795 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Katie, I would add the ZM25 too a the list of possible options as well, since they are close, a 28mm and 35mm usually don't both end up in my bag at the same time, but there's no reason not to own both

Haven't shot much lately. Took the camera out with a VC35/1.2 today just so I don't forget how to use it

Lately I've been looking for another set of lens starting with a 50mm that have a more classic rendering and a good dose of SA. Not quite sure where to start though. Have owned the ZM50 Sonar in the past but never really fell in love with it. Maybe should try an old nikor or canon rf lens? Suggestions are more than welcomed.

Sep 15, 2013 at 05:22 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.795 #2 · p.795 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Zhangyue, really love the first shot. Very moody! I admit to being a Zeiss hardcore fan, but yeah, according to Katie's low light shooting style, the CV would be the better choice!

Agree....

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.795 #3 · p.795 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A couple with a red filter on M Mono and 35lux FLE. Test shots for a corporate shoot on Monday

Skyline and lovers

Sep 15, 2013 at 01:20 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.795 #4 · p.795 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Allen, you are killing me with the MM shots. Spectacular ... and I had forgotten that you can actually use filters with that camera that DO SOMETHING! I'm in the process of selling most of my large filters as I sold my Mamiya 7 setup and my film SLRs, so all my colored filters just sit dormant now. Love me some red filter landscapes!

Back to my lens issue ... I actually do find the 28 and the 35 close, BUT, the 28 is smaller, lighter and chrome; where the 35 is bigger, heavier and black. I know, I know ... but really, I HAVE taken the 28 out just because I thought the 35 on there would be annoyingly heavy for the night! Anyway, thanks all for the advice. I really would probably end up (like a few of you pointed out!) needed that extra light the 1.8 would give me from the CV. Also, since I own ALL CV lenses now, it would fit in nicely with the family.

So last 21 question for now: do you all use external viewfinders (not applicable to the LV folks, I guess) or guesstimate? The widest framelines on the M9 are 28, right? So I would be guessing pretty wildly ...

Sep 15, 2013 at 01:33 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.795 #5 · p.795 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jabberwokt - I know "not alot" about the 50mm lenses. It's not my focal length; but I do know that the escalator shot with the 35mm you posted is gorgeous!

Zhangyue - I have finally learned to spell your name without having to look at your post. I can't wait to see the color versions of these - although the soft B&W look wonderful too. The grain adds some mood to the composition, too.

Sep 15, 2013 at 01:35 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.795 #6 · p.795 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

haven't looked into this thread for a wile, because I didn't had my head free. I am fighting right know with my bad right shoulder and visit some doctor's. To shorten the story...I will need a shoulder surgery which I want to do in April 2014, until then I have to bite on my teeth. Since I am a bit depressed about that, I got the Super-Elmar 3.4/21 as a sweet ;-). As most of you already know, I was fighting a long time if I should get a 21 Lux, but decided to stay small, light as possible with the best image quality. I know already there will be quite some moments where I wish I had a faster lens, but you just cant have it all. I also borrowed until monday evening a MM and went yesterday and today biking with the dog together. We drove into two long valleys in the Karwendel and it is just awesome how my dogs runs...just like crazy!

To be not to much off topic, here some pics:

Edited on Sep 15, 2013 at 05:59 PM · View previous versions

Sep 15, 2013 at 02:44 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.795 #7 · p.795 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

katie, I didn't bought the view finder, want to try at first if I can skip this with some experience. For my landscape motives I think it will work....they are patient:-)

Edited on Sep 15, 2013 at 04:43 PM · View previous versions

Sep 15, 2013 at 02:50 PM
redisburning
• • •
Account locked
p.795 #8 · p.795 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Katie, don't listen to these heretics.

the 21/3.4 Super Angulon is the true path to 21 enlightenment.

Sep 15, 2013 at 02:59 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.795 #9 · p.795 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I never bothered with anything wider then 28 on my M9 and M9P.. On the M240 I can use live view or EVF so I have a 21 SEM. I feel however that the best focal length is 50 for the M system.

With that said I've never really liked any of the many voigtlander lenses I've owned.. They almost all have this specific bokeh issue that's hard to explain, but something I don't like.. This isn't just limited to the V lenses.. Some leica lenses have it too *cough* 35cron-asph *cough* and also Zeus lenses..
A few forum members seem to be able to coax there lenses into performing better then I could ever imagine.. But it's just something I can't seem to do. However the 21 wasn't a hard lens to love, it did its job for the brief amount of time I had (about two weeks) and I only sold it due to the hassle of wide angles and range finders.

Btw for framing I guessed or pointed and hoped for the best.. A horrible way to shoot buildings ect. But a fun way to shoot fast moving street scenes. So really a VF is only necessary if u intend to be technical with your compositions.

Muc_marlin - great shots!
Airfrogusmc - nice!
Jabberwockt -

Edited on Sep 15, 2013 at 09:12 PM · View previous versions

Sep 15, 2013 at 05:53 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.795 #10 · p.795 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

redisburning wrote:
Katie, don't listen to these heretics.

the 21/3.4 Super Angulon is the true path to 21 enlightenment.

bah, cv 21/4! cheap, tiny and pretty good (at least on film). i think it might have some serious color corner issues on the m9 though?

Sep 15, 2013 at 07:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

KatieInTexas
• • •
p.795 #11 · p.795 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Sebboh - I had the 21/4 for some time and it was my favorite color film lens on my bessa r4a. Its one of the few lenses I regret selling...

Sep 15, 2013 at 08:19 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.795 #12 · p.795 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

thanks adam!

I was reading many times that there are pink or green corners with wide angles on digital Leica's, therefore I made with my M9-P, which has the actual firmware, a test picture.

Well, not perfect but might be in real world shooting not a big deal? The first snow in the alps has already fallen, I will see.

Sep 15, 2013 at 08:19 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.795 #13 · p.795 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

If you have ever tried the 21/4 ZM you would see pink corners at 15ft and more always.. Close up focusing I seldom seen pink corners.

All uncorrected wides do it sometimes. At least all the lenses I've used.
And both CV lenses do it btw.

Making a profile probably helps, but I've never had luck with such things.

Sep 15, 2013 at 09:19 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.795 #14 · p.795 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Allen - Great work as usual. You capture some really neat moments in time which I wouldn't have even noticed.
Ryan - I really like that Canon 100/2. Your daughter is a RF enthusiast already!
Mike - Very nice! Looking forward to more.
Joakim - That 50lux looks so nice. Rendering is quite special with that lens...
Katie - Nice, relaxing shots. That CV35 is such a nice lens. I would have kept mine but I felt (at the time) it was too big on an M body. I have seen a few good samples from the CV21/4 but I personally think it is a bit overatted. It is sooo small though and that is what people seem to gravitate towards. I suppose pretty good value but I would try some other options to see how they compare.
Michael - Very smooth processing. I like the grain...

Sep 16, 2013 at 01:46 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.795 #15 · p.795 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M-E and 35 1.2 ... and me in the background with my new Ari incase bag, which in the reflection makes my butt look big (it's just the bag, really).

Sep 16, 2013 at 02:21 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.795 #16 · p.795 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Haha - funny Katie! Don't worry - I didn't think you were sportin' a muffin top.

Sep 16, 2013 at 03:33 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.795 #17 · p.795 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jabber, that's a majestic photo. Love the perspective.

Allen, the 1st shot is outstanding.

Peter, fantastic tonality in your b/w sets.

Katie, really like the 1st shot, very natural. No worries about your figure, you seem to be in perfect shape

Sep 16, 2013 at 04:11 AM
hijazist
• • • •
p.795 #18 · p.795 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice shots of the Aggie kids Katie I am sad they lost to Bama though they put up a great fight at the end!

Sep 16, 2013 at 04:30 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.795 #19 · p.795 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joakim - Great rendering on those. The second shot is my favorite

Michael - Excellent shots from the beach...really like the grain!

Jabber - like the shot. As far as a 50 goes....I would say look into Nikkor 50 f/2 in LTM or Canon 50 f/1.4. I have never used the Canon but I have seen plenty of shots from Gary/Ron/Joe to know its a great lens.

Katie - I say go with the 21 f/1.8 for speed...or the 21 f/4 if you don't need the speed. But I say get the 21 f/1.8, phenomenal lens! Glad to hear you enjoy the 35 f/1.2, one of my favorite lenses I have ever used. As for vf....Voigtlander is great value, Zeiss is best in the game. I needed a vf for composition, I have heard many say they never used one. To each his own

Allen - great posts you have had the last couple of pages. The skyline on this page is phenomenal!

Peter - glad to see you back. Looks like you are making the SEM work. Really like the 4th shot from the 1st post

Took some pics of a friend of the family.....youngest turned 1. I turn these requests down about 99% of the time, but figured we would be down in the park anyways so why not. Shot mostly with the 50 Nokton II...took out the 35 Nokton and Canon 100 f/2 for a handful of shots. I agree that the 50 Nokton can show some funky bokeh in some instances, but 99% of my real world shots aren't going to be those situations. Bottom line, hell of a lens....and that doesn't come with the disclaimer 'for the price'

Voigtlander 50 Nokton II

Canon 100 f/2

Sep 16, 2013 at 02:30 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.795 #20 · p.795 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Fantastic shots!

rsolti13 wrote:
http://rsolti.smugmug.com/Portraits/Micah-Duncan/i-jdgDPWz/0/XL/L1003626-XL.jpg

http://rsolti.smugmug.com/Portraits/Micah-Duncan/i-pPsVgxZ/0/XL/L1003676-XL.jpg

http://rsolti.smugmug.com/Portraits/Micah-Duncan/i-dPqXHGf/0/XL/L1003751-XL.jpg