Upload & Sell: Off
Joe, wonderful images!!! Amazing setup, and I would imagine the prints from these shots would be amazing
Doug, love the first shot above. Very nice
Rayyan, really nice!
Adam, Good Luck!! The only WA I have tried with the A7r is the 24 Lux, which works. I have not tried any others, as my main focus is on the 50's/75. I have the FE 35/2.8, which is a great lens on its own. I have relegated the WA's to the M240
Charles, Edward thanks.. The second I got the lens, it started raining, so I have no idea about optical performance.. Few things to note though (and I'm just being picky at this point):
1) The rear plastic cap now fits on SOO tight I almost pulled off the little red ball trying to take the back cap off, this also effects how it clicks onto my camera (wonder why this is?!)
2) The very loose aperture ring wasn't fixed (but they replaced the whole lens, only retaining the serial number at my request).. Maybe this is a personal preference thing, or a design aspect, but I would have preferred them to have made it a little more stiff, like I requested.
3) More dust inside the lens then before (like a lot more dust).
4) The focus is really stiff (but this is a good thing, as I bet it'll soften up in a couple of weeks)
5) AND the most annoying... The lens hood no longer clicks into place the way it use to on full extension. I mean, it stops in place, but before it really CLICKED, and that kinda annoys me, as it seems they forgot the ball bearing that makes it click. And it's a bit more wobbly (something isn't right with the hood).
Maybe I'm just fussy, but now I'm weary of Leica after dropping so much money and having my lens gone over a month.
I will add, all that matters is that the optics are as fantastic as before (minus the horrid flare that ruined images). And if that happens, I'll be happy
Oh and Charles, I hear the 35 is a jewel of a lens, and I think I would buy the A7r exclusively for the use of the autofocus Zeiss glass... But at the same time, would be glad that it could work with M lenses, incase my M240 ever falls out of alignment again.