Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              793      
       795              1041       1042       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

adamdewilde
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.794 #1 · p.794 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Allen, great set!!! Love both shots

Adam, I really like the way the 50 APO renders and yet it is so sharp. IMO you would love the 50 Nocti f/0.95 as it would give you the unique look which would compliment your 50 APO.

I also have the 50 Lux, and it is probably one of the best 50's I have owned. I cannot vouch for the 0.95, but I love the f/1.0 for portraits. Most of time during the late afternoon with the Nocti f/1.0, I will use f/2.8 to f/4.0, and it still renders very differently to any 50 I
...Show more

Yes, I like that about the 50APO as well.. I'm thinking that the 50APO is fine for daytime use. Although I'm sure the Noctilux is great during the day as well as at night. I'd probably buy the Noctilux if it had a clear advantage over the 50LUX when it came to night time shooting.

I'd have a hard time selling the 50Lux, and if you're after speed, it's a better buy then the 50APO.. Any other reason, and I would choose the 50APO. And yes your Noctilux f/1 shots are unique in that sense (although I also like your 75lux shots)..

So maybe I'm curious how much real world advantage you would get from the .95 vs the 1.4
(because there's F-stops and then T-stops. Which can be misleading in real world applications).

Best,
Adam

Sep 14, 2013 at 06:44 AM
charles.K
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.794 #2 · p.794 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Allen, wonderful compositions! Love the variety of perspectives.
Ryan, very nice shot taken by your daughter
Mike, amazing shots!!! Love the first portrait.

adamdewilde wrote:
Yes, I like that about the 50APO as well.. I'm thinking that the 50APO is fine for daytime use. Although I'm sure the Noctilux is great during the day as well as at night. I'd probably buy the Noctilux if it had a clear advantage over the 50LUX when it came to night time shooting.

I'd have a hard time selling the 50Lux, and if you're after speed, it's a better buy then the 50APO.. Any other reason, and I would choose the 50APO. And yes your Noctilux f/1 shots are unique in that sense (although I also like your
...Show more

IMO the advantage is not the difference whether it is 0.95, 1.0 or 1.4, but just what rendering you prefer. No secret, of course I prefer Mandler designed lenses, so the Nocti f/1.0 and 75 Lux are easy choices. I am now waiting for two 50 Cron Rigid II DR, that will modified for the M-M/M240, again for the rendering.

Sep 14, 2013 at 09:01 AM
joakim
• • •
p.794 #3 · p.794 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes for my recent photos.

Katie, cool photo of your son and I like the b&w conversion too.
Adam, wonderful colors and rendering of those pink flowers (Japanese cherry tree?)
Allen, three great street sets from you lately. I'm particularly intrigued by the photos where you point the camera downwards against the pavement/street and create some really good compositions and very interesting photos overall. Jealous, I am.
Mike, great set. Where is it from?

About the 50 Noctilux, although they are very expensive whether it is the latest version or not and the fact that I already own the excellent 50 Summilux ASPH I still find myself being very attracted by this lens. Maybe more out of curiosity than of a real need but it is something special with such a fast lens and the possibilities it gives you. If I'll ever acquire one is a completely different story

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.794 #4 · p.794 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jabberwockt wrote:
Will be looking forward to it in fact.

Yes....Looking forward to it.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.794 #5 · p.794 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Charles, Adam, Edward and Joakim. You guys have all been rocking this thread. This tread flies and its hard to keep up if and gets almost impossible if you stay away for a few days.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM
joakim
• • •
p.794 #6 · p.794 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A triplet from this morning with the 50 Summilux, summer might be nice but when it comes to photography autumn is better!

Sep 14, 2013 at 01:31 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.794 #7 · p.794 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Allen, wonderful compositions! Love the variety of perspectives.
Ryan, very nice shot taken by your daughter
Mike, amazing shots!!! Love the first portrait.

IMO the advantage is not the difference whether it is 0.95, 1.0 or 1.4, but just what rendering you prefer. No secret, of course I prefer Mandler designed lenses, so the Nocti f/1.0 and 75 Lux are easy choices. I am now waiting for two 50 Cron Rigid II DR, that will modified for the M-M/M240, again for the rendering.

I look forward to your posts with the 50 Cron Rigid II..
You make a good point about it being more for rendering then shutter speeds and iso gain, probably won't get the Noct right away. I'll reward myself in 2014 sometime, and won't sell any lenses unnecessarily.

Sep 14, 2013 at 01:31 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.794 #8 · p.794 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joakim wrote:
Thanks for the comments and likes for my recent photos.

Katie, cool photo of your son and I like the b&w conversion too.
Adam, wonderful colors and rendering of those pink flowers (Japanese cherry tree?)
Allen, three great street sets from you lately. I'm particularly intrigued by the photos where you point the camera downwards against the pavement/street and create some really good compositions and very interesting photos overall. Jealous, I am.
Mike, great set. Where is it from?

About the 50 Noctilux, although they are very expensive whether it is the latest version or not and the fact that I already own the
...Show more

Hmm... I am in the same boat. I'll satisfy my curiosity in 2014
Gonna try and convince myself to use the 75cron today along with the magnifier and if needed EVF.
We'll see if I can pry the 50APO off my camera.

And yes, from what I can tell it's a cherry blossom. Beautiful colors in those trees.

Sep 14, 2013 at 01:33 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.794 #9 · p.794 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Allen, last 2 sets are really nice. From set 1, my favourites are the man with the bar (excellent composition and moment) and the women with the stubborn dog From set 2, I really like the 2 smoking men.

Ryan, lovely portraits of the children, and your daughter seems to have the same talent as her father

Mike, fantastic set. Love it, colors, compositions, everything!

Joakim, second and third shots are outstanding!

Sep 14, 2013 at 04:51 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.794 #10 · p.794 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Edward. Got out for a couple of hours earlier today.

A couple from this morning.

Sep 14, 2013 at 06:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.794 #11 · p.794 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:22 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.794 #12 · p.794 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Allen (airfrogusmc) you are on a roll!!! Great last few series posted. Your timing and eye are excellent!

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.794 #13 · p.794 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Katie....

I finally had some time to get out the past couple of days.

Sep 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.794 #14 · p.794 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

So I have decided that I am madly in love with the CV 35 1.2. I am trying to find my way with the 50 1.5; but it's a stretch for me. I have always liked the 28 1.9 ... I also have the 15; which I mainly got to use on the Fuji X Pro, when I had it (as a 21). Since I REALLY like 21, I'm thinking I need one. Think I'll sell the 15 and get a 21, making a 21-28-35-50-90 kit. Is that too crammed? Also, which 21 would I like best, the new CV 21 1.8 or the ZM biogon 21 2.8?

Some tonight with the 35 ... I went out looking for a sidewalk 3-D chalk artist that was supposed to be in town, but didn't find her. Dying to use the camera, so I turn to my home. What's new.

Sep 15, 2013 at 01:07 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.794 #15 · p.794 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Really nice Katie,

Don't listen to me. My Leica kit consists of an MM and a 35 Lux. I don't plan on adding until I get a couple of color Ms in the next few years. Probably I will only add a 75 or 90 and a 21 or 24.

Sep 15, 2013 at 02:49 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.794 #16 · p.794 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Allen (airfrogusmc) you are on a roll!!! Great last few series posted. Your timing and eye are excellent!

What Katie said! +1

Sep 15, 2013 at 04:14 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.794 #17 · p.794 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
So I have decided that I am madly in love with the CV 35 1.2. I am trying to find my way with the 50 1.5; but it's a stretch for me. I have always liked the 28 1.9 ... I also have the 15; which I mainly got to use on the Fuji X Pro, when I had it (as a 21). Since I REALLY like 21, I'm thinking I need one. Think I'll sell the 15 and get a 21, making a 21-28-35-50-90 kit. Is that too crammed? Also, which 21 would I like best, the new CV
...Show more

The second shot is very beautiful!

As for the lenses I would personally feel undecided between the 28 and 35, so I would sell one of them, though there are members over here who own more than 10 50mm lenses so to each his own

Now the ZM 21 is obviously the better performer and would be my choice, if you can live with f/2.8. The CV is no slouch though, as proven by Ron and Joseph.

Sep 15, 2013 at 04:19 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.794 #18 · p.794 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Allen, I enjoy the sets you posted! Very nice works.
Katie, The last two picture posted just beautiful. You are a truly photographer, these photos will bring wonderful memory later. Don't listen Edward, he is hardcore Zeiss fans I will get VC21f1.8, 21 biogon is a great lens, but from Ron's review(check his review on his website, use his link if you buy new ), you are not missing much but gain more than 1 stop which is significant versatile for your shooting style. Based on what I see your work, 50 I will get sonnar if can't be 50lux ASPH. (Leica lens is overpriced )

Some 50lux ASPH BW at f1.4 from Hawaii. I am playing the mood (color version later )

Sep 15, 2013 at 04:42 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.794 #19 · p.794 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Michael that last one rocks!

Katie, no. 2 for me, the mood is great! Mkaes me want to chill and see a movie on my apple tv

Allen last one for me, don't cross that line!

Joakim last one for me, don't wake up the spiders!

I need to use my Mono and Nocti, it's been sitting in the closet for almost 2 months , been using af mostly lately, really missing the technique of using the leica's! I'll be back soon

Phil

Sep 15, 2013 at 04:52 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.794 #20 · p.794 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Zhangyue, really love the first shot. Very moody! I admit to being a Zeiss hardcore fan, but yeah, according to Katie's low light shooting style, the CV would be the better choice!

Sep 15, 2013 at 04:58 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password