FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              792      
       794              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

asiafish
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.793 #1 · p.793 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

California Highway 58 between Barstow and Bakersfield. Leica M Monochrom, ISO 320, Zomz Jupiter 3 with Orange Filter, Minimal Post. Many similar images in the Canon "6D Shut up and shoot" thread.

L1000935-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1000934-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1000931-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1000930-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1000920-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

Nov 27, 2013 at 09:47 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.793 #2 · p.793 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

another capture from today.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.793 #3 · p.793 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A couple from a short walk at lunch yesterday…

50cron V4

50cron V4

50cron V4

50cron V4

50cron V4

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:32 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.793 #4 · p.793 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Dale, very nice portraits!
Rayyan, wonderful shots!!! Great to see you here.
Edward, superb shots!
Asia, interesting series!
Doug, nice captures
Gary, congrats on the 50 Cron V4 Outstanding images Also very nice series about with different lenses.

Edited on Nov 28, 2013 at 02:42 AM · View previous versions

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:38 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.793 #5 · p.793 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Charles. I have had that lens for over a year now…. As I have always said, one can never have too many 50's! Or maybe one can…..

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:40 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.793 #6 · p.793 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Thanks Charles. I have had that lens for over a year now…. As I have always said, one can never have too many 50's! Or maybe one can…..

I thought this was a new acquisition. Yes, I have about four different 50's too.

Nov 28, 2013 at 02:44 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.793 #7 · p.793 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

another BW conversion. I wish you all could see the original size, I have a couple of actual snowflake designs that show up sticking up, off the snow on the rail. Crazy detail.

Nov 28, 2013 at 03:53 AM
Fursan
• •
p.793 #8 · p.793 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nov 28, 2013 at 07:29 AM
Fursan
• •
p.793 #9 · p.793 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nov 28, 2013 at 07:33 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.793 #10 · p.793 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Hi guys, great shots since I've left for Japan. I'm back now, and I have a interesting Leica related thing to mention.

First off, apparently my lens is back at Leica Singapore (50APO) and I'll be picking it up tomorrow, so lets hope that everything is PERFECT with it. Yes I will be testing it as much as possible, as I'm having anxiety over it's performance changes from the fix!

Second, while in Japan, I took my wonky M240 to Leica to be serviced (brought along my 50noct on the trip), and they were able to fix it in about 15 minutes. The technician said that if it was the Noct that was off, it wouldn't have been able to be fixed in the Ginza shop, but would have to be sent to Germany. However, since it was the rangefinder, the techs could fix it.. And apparently they tested with machines and my noctilux is dead on accurate (which it now is, I didn't miss a shot since the fix).

A few things to note. First he said that the rangefinder was off (at close distances by more then one inch, and it increasing at further distances). He fixed it and all is well. BUT.... And I don't know why, the magenta cast is back when I zoom in, I noticed it right away in the shop, and when I asked him why, he couldn't tell me.

SOOO I suspect they did something with my firmware, as my camera is now acting like it did before the recent firmware update.. Basically, it's freezing again (but to be fair my camera would freeze randomly very infrequently before, although I know how to make it freeze all the time if I want to), and is a bit slower with startup again, and with writing to the card, and the purple cast is back when I zoom in. And yes, the first thing I did when I got home was tested all my various brands of SD cards, same problem..

Strange right?!

BTW, haven't tested the other lenses yet, but I'm hoping that since now the camera is back to factory specs, ALL the lenses "should" also be factory spec and thus should all work perfectly (aside from my 50lux which I think may be somewhat wonky).

Nov 28, 2013 at 03:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CVickery
• • • •
p.793 #11 · p.793 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Trying out a new toy...

Elmar-M 24/3.8 w/o

Elmar-M 24/3.8 f5.6 cropped

Nov 28, 2013 at 04:34 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.793 #12 · p.793 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Adam, did you check which fw version is currently installed on your camera?

Nov 28, 2013 at 04:55 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.793 #13 · p.793 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

M9 - ZM 85/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Nov 28, 2013 at 04:56 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.793 #14 · p.793 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Adam, did you check which fw version is currently installed on your camera?

Nope, will check in the morning. But I'm tempted to try and reload the latest firmware. Talked to Leica about it, they responded that the focusing mechanism is in no way linked to the firmware, and that Leica would have no need to reset the firmware on me. Still seems strange to me, almost as if they plugged it into some kind of diagnostics machine, but again, the two things are not linked at all. I really don't know why or how it's doing that. I have no idea what Leica Japan did, as there's an obvious language barrier... So they may have just did a whole inspection which included hooking the camera up to a diagnostics machine, and or flashed my camera's built in firmware as a standard practice?!

Nov 28, 2013 at 05:33 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.793 #15 · p.793 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
Nope, will check in the morning. But I'm tempted to try and reload the latest firmware. Talked to Leica about it, they responded that the focusing mechanism is in no way linked to the firmware, and that Leica would have no need to reset the firmware on me. Still seems strange to me, almost as if they plugged it into some kind of diagnostics machine, but again, the two things are not linked at all. I really don't know why or how it's doing that. I have no idea what Leica Japan did, as there's an obvious language barrier... So
...Show more

That would be surprising in fact. Normally I hear the opposite story, people complain that their M9 came back from Solms upgraded to the latest firmware while for some reasons they preferred to keep the older version. My understanding though, from following the M threads on LUF, is that this camera still exhibits some erratic behavior from time to time so it's not impossible your M is going through one of the hiccup periods Chances are it's not related to the firmware version.

Nov 28, 2013 at 05:50 PM
atwl77
• •
p.793 #16 · p.793 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Adam,
I find it odd/curious that the tech couldn't say a thing about the magenta cast. A "known but shut up until we have an answer" case, maybe?

Anyway, besides resetting the firmware, have you tried formatting your cards using SD Formatter? Also do you shoot DNG only or DNG+JPG?

I had the occasional magenta cast before, but oddly I have not seen it for weeks now. The only change I remember is to switch from DNG to DNG+JPG (in order to get better previews to judge focus), and also to not immediately zoom in right after taking the shot, always waiting for the card to finish writing.

(edit: oh, also I stopped using DNG uncompressed and went to DNG compressed along with that DNG+JPG change)

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.793 #17 · p.793 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Rayyan, wonderful images!
Edward, great shot! Love the lighting here

Adam, sorry about of your problems! I would insist with local Leica agents, that the issues must be resolved, and provide backup until it is resolved. I am suspect there is an electronic issue, but it must be fully tested in the lab. Having had the 50 Cron AA and now the M240, you should be able to leverage some decent service your local agents. In Australia, I being provided with another M240, while mine is being re calibrated in Solms, so I can only speak well of Leica for now

Update on the A7r The 24 Lux, 35 Lux, 50 Lux, 50 Cron Rigid, 50 Nocti f1/.0 and 75 Lux all work great! with the Novaflex adapter. The A7r is a gem, and the more time I spend with it, the more I like it. I do feel it will heavily compete with Leica for a lot that are sitting on the fence about updating or just limited by budget. The A7r works well, and even having the option to use AF with FE 35/2.8 is a lot of fun. I know my fiancee will be using this on our next trip overseas!! Presently I have the A7r with the 50 Lux, and it is a great setup. The focus peaking works so well. My only dread, is I do hope that the servicing for Sony Australia is brought to level appropriate for these A7's!

Nov 29, 2013 at 02:03 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.793 #18 · p.793 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great shots everyone as always!

Edward, excellent food photography with the ZM85/2. Has it been re-calibrated by Zeiss?

Adam, sorry to hear about your issues with your M(240). Don't know of a solution for color cast, hope you find a solution for it soon. My M(240) was off to Leica NJ for a sensor remap this week. Developed an entire row of dead pixels First, the lug fix and now this. But I still love my quirky rangefinders, just that with digital M, its somewhat mandatory to have a backup camera.

Charles congrats on your A7(r) and glad to know that it works well with lenses 35mm FL and up.

-------
some test shots with my 35 Summarit-S

On short work/vacation to Kuala Lumpur recently. Yes, I was crazy enough to bring along the S2.

Nov 29, 2013 at 02:51 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.793 #19 · p.793 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I have a few images, I will start with a very soft presentation, a little artsy of a presentation I hope... Let me know what you think of the processing...

Camera model:LEICA M (Typ 240)
Focal length:75 mm
Max lens aperture:f/2
Exposure:1/3000 at f/5.6
Exposure bias:-1/3 EV
Exposure mode:Auto
Exposure prog.:Aperture priority
ISO speed:ISO 500
Metering mode:Center-weighted average

Nov 29, 2013 at 03:03 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.793 #20 · p.793 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Beautiful Doug, really like it, both the composition and colors.

Nov 29, 2013 at 03:07 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password