1       2       3              791      
       793              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.792 #1 · p.792 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
You cheeky bugger Edward! Those threads are truly a mess but it really is great to see all the excitement over this release. I think once things calm down we will see some great images posted from this camera. The A7 may be a good alternative to my D700 (for mid/long glass) but I will wait a while longer to make a decision. I'm looking forward to seeing some of Charles' images so I suppose I should mosey on over to the A7 thread every once and a while.

Haha, you know just the usual madness after each new product release Anyhow, I'm convinced this camera is not for us. It will be a great addition to a Leica M(9) as Charles said, as it allows to shoot up close with precise framing. But the entire zone C and a good part of zone B are smeared and blurred even stopped down to crazy apertures like f/11-16 so it's gonna be impossible to shoot landscapes with anything shorter than 50mm.

Edited on Nov 26, 2013 at 06:04 PM · View previous versions

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:01 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.792 #2 · p.792 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

The smoker

M9 - ZM 50/2 wide open

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:02 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.792 #3 · p.792 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Do any of you know of a good resource for MTF's for older Leica glass? I am looking for MTF's for my 50cron V4, 90cron pre-AA, and 50lux pre-ASPH. I searched the net for a while and couldn't find much. I also would rather not buy the Puts Leica book if possible....

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:04 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.792 #4 · p.792 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Do any of you know of a good resource for MTF's for older Leica glass? I am looking for MTF's for my 50cron V4, 90cron pre-AA, and 50lux pre-ASPH. I searched the net for a while and couldn't find much. I also would rather not buy the Puts Leica book if possible....

Photodo.com

You will need to search by manufacturer and lens mount, then go to images.

Example: http://www.photodo.com/lens/Leica-SummiluxM-50mm-f14-875/images

The MTF are measured by a Zeiss testing bench and if I'm not mistaken the tests were done partially or entirely by the suede (Joachim)

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:09 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.792 #5 · p.792 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Beauty Salon

M9 - ZM 25/2.8

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:38 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.792 #6 · p.792 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Fursan, magic shots! Very evocative and full of feeling
Edward, great portrait! Love the angle and lighting. Very cool street barbers!!
Doug, yes the A7r and FE 35/2.8 with Novaflex adapter

The A7r is excellent in every respect. Yes there will be large percentage of M mount lenses that will not play well, but so far with the A7r, the 50 Cron Rigid DR, 24 Lux Asph, 75 Lux and 50 Nocti f/1.0 are excellent. I have yet to try the 50 Lux Asph. I have the FE 35/2.8, so there are no other lenses I need. In fact I usually on take a couple lenses when I'm on a shoot, if that.

Balancing the IQ, ergonomics and more importantly the feel of wishing to pick up the camera and take shots, I still prefer the M240. I have clarified my thoughts, as to my minimum requirements in a FF small package. Small package is relative now, as the size of the A7r, is really the same size as the original Oly OM-2.

For me:
IQ 24MP min with excellent DR and accurate registration with lenses.
RF accurately calibrated.
LV and the ease of one stop manual focusing. This is not the case yet with the A7r.
EVF. I like the M240, as the EVF can be removed when you don't need it, even though the image quality is better with the A7r.

Now it is up to the photographer to perform!!

Nov 27, 2013 at 01:10 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.792 #7 · p.792 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

M-E and CV 35 1.2
If I didn't occasionally (like 15%) like color shots, I would just get the MM...

annoyed

paparazzi

more annoyed

super annoyed WITH paparazzi :)

cat, chickens eat on porch together

Nov 27, 2013 at 01:42 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.792 #8 · p.792 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks for the inspiration guys keep them coming! While I am designing boring 750 megawatt solar fields at work!

Phil

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:10 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.792 #9 · p.792 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charles what kind of adapter are you using on your A7r w/leica M mount glass? I'm contemplating getting a A7 or A7r

Thanks!

Phil

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:14 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.792 #10 · p.792 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Katie, very cool paparazzi shot! Very nice

jojomon11 wrote:
Charles what kind of adapter are you using on your A7r w/leica M mount glass? I'm contemplating getting a A7 or A7r

Thanks!
Phil

Definitely try to get the best adapter available. We spend so much on the lenses, and yet the most critical item, is the adapter, assuming the lens are well CLA'd. I am using the Novaflex, and I am finding this adapter excellent, and yet there can be some very minor rotational play, in two very old lenses, but none when mounted on the M240.

I have mentioned before that my 50 Nocti f/1.0 had drifted to some minor back focusing of about 1 cm. This was re calibrated and adjusted with a special coat of paint, as no shim was thin enough without re-machining of the cam. The tolerances are so tight with mounting, and the relative effects on lens performances.

The A7r is great!

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:29 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

dalegaspi
• •
p.792 #11 · p.792 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I received my Roxsen Nikon G -> Leica M adapter last night and never got around to play with it until tonight..I'm hoping to have better samples in the next few days...but here's a couple with the Zeiss 135 APO @ f2.0 ISO 3200 with our horrendous mixed artificial light sources (warm-white LED lighting + computer monitor light)...very minimal post as always (NR completely turned off)...i don't have the EVF (yet...hoping that Leica will issue a FW that supports the Olympus VF4...probably after they start selling their own twice-as-expensive-but-essentially-the-same version)

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:31 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.792 #12 · p.792 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Katie, very cool paparazzi shot! Very nice

Definitely try to get the best adapter available. We spend so much on the lenses, and yet the most critical item, is the adapter, assuming the lens are well CLA'd. I am using the Novaflex, and I am finding this adapter excellent, and yet there can be some very minor rotational play, in two very old lenses, but none when mounted on the M240.

I have mentioned before that my 50 Nocti f/1.0 had drifted to some minor back focusing of about 1 cm. This was re calibrated and adjusted with a special coat of
...Show more

Thanks Charles, I see what you mean w/expensive lens purchase via a cheaper adapter vs higher quality adapter, i will look into it. It does seem to make a big difference as you explained

Phil

Nov 27, 2013 at 04:09 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.792 #13 · p.792 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charles, thank you for your kind words!

I already ordered the Novoflex adapter, and still on the fence as to which 7 to get, to R or not to R that is the question The 7 will work better with my ZM lenses, but in the long run, the 7R will work better with Zeiss FE lenses.

As you said, the Leica and Sony will complement each other, but I hope my itch to get the M240 will be momentarily eased by the Sony.

Nov 27, 2013 at 04:36 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.792 #14 · p.792 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A few more snaps….

OM28/2

Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor

Edited on Apr 26, 2014 at 03:00 AM · View previous versions

Nov 27, 2013 at 04:46 AM
Fursan
• •
p.792 #15 · p.792 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I have recognized a few friends here from another forum. So the images I post here have most likely been previously posted elsewhere.

My apologies for this...not been out and about for sometime now.

Nov 27, 2013 at 08:12 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.792 #16 · p.792 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Hello "Rayyan" and good to see you over here! I thought that might have been you judging from some recent posts and also your pics. Look forward to seeing more of your travel pics... BTW - what is your real name?

Nov 27, 2013 at 02:39 PM
Fursan
• •
p.792 #17 · p.792 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Hello "Rayyan" and good to see you over here! I thought that might have been you judging from some recent posts and also your pics. Look forward to seeing more of your travel pics... BTW - what is your real name?

Hey there Gary. Glad to see you too pal.

' Rayyan ' but use my father/grandfather/family names so as not to post same images in a forum repeatedly.

You take care.

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:24 PM
Fursan
• •
p.792 #18 · p.792 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:56 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.792 #19 · p.792 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

M9 - ZM 50/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Nov 27, 2013 at 05:08 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.792 #20 · p.792 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

"Dusting"

In case you wondered what the focal point was, it's the limbs with the snow sitting on top of them. :-)

M/35 Lux

Nov 27, 2013 at 05:21 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password