FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              786      
       788              2354       2355       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

zhangyue
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.787 #1 · p.787 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edward, About work flaw, I did use VSCO film preset as starting point for those street portrait. (The face mask just regular profile with tweak) Mostly start from Portra 160/400/800 or Fuji ProH160/400. But I always do individual color tweaking as mentioned before, I try to create something match my visualized image. It could go anywhere depend on mood

I don't really like VSCO whitening the whole image, or too film, so I usually adjust their preset curve to have deeper black for better impact on image, less moody. For people, I always tweak hue, saturation, lumi for RED, ORANGE, YELLOW. and also touch blue, green to give whole image some color tint....I am not shooting absolutely accuracy but something pleasing myself. Leica M9's color is great in that sense, you can either love or hate it, but you can't deny it is special, especially after using so many different camera...

I am not surprised to see and totally agree with you about impact of this Sony A on Leica, not everyone want a rangefinder, and biggest reason goes to Leica M for small high quality FF kit is just gone....

Nov 19, 2013 at 01:56 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.787 #2 · p.787 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Paul, Both looks great. What aperture? BTW did you get permission from Llyod Chambers to shoot 2nd one
Andrew, Leica M is in the right hand, I envy you can go world wide with loved Leica, a match in the heaven.
Gary, I love them. especially #1, great image.

Phil, I have fixed 50lux on my M9 for a while. Nowdays, for other focal length, I use R with D700 a lot more. I have very mixed feeling about this 50lux before but now seems it is grow on me, and we seems be able to keep along with each other since I dropped it on rock a while ago. It climb up to the top 1 50mm lens on my list for its overall IQ and handling. I certainly will recommend this lens to anyone, actually, I can't think of any leica M lens can be recommended higher than this one overall.

3D.D, good luck on your sell, and look forward to your M240 image.

Nov 19, 2013 at 02:12 AM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.787 #3 · p.787 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Bogota, Colombia.

M9 + Voigtlander 35 1.2 Nokton.

Nov 19, 2013 at 02:19 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.787 #4 · p.787 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Zhangyue, wow, another spectacular set. I was kind of suspecting VSCO I downloaded it a couple of months ago, but got confused by so many options. I'm the kind of person who prefers to be limited in choices

Mike, Superb portrait!

Nov 19, 2013 at 03:06 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.787 #5 · p.787 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

So much to catch up on!

p829
Allen, great portrait!
Phil, wonderful wedding series!! Love the first shot.
Dale, very nice capture
Adrian, nice set!
Joakim, love the mood here.
Edward, really nice Turkish coffee take

P830
Cal, nice
Phil, really like the rendering of the statue.
Doug, nice capture of the nespresso cup.
Mike, amazing shot!
Rocky, great series from your trip!!!
Asia, really nice series of shots!
Edward, love the pizza man, and the hot air balloons at night.

p831
Andrew, superb set from Cyprus!!
liyuanayu, welcome, very nice!
Michael, wonderful set again! I love the PP'ing to your images now

p832
Paul, nice images with the Nocti Nikkor!
Andrew, great images!!! Love this set
Gary, thank you for the images. Wonderful compositions and imagination!
Michael, love your new style of images! Very nice
Mike, very powerful portrait!!!

If I have left any one out, my over sight!!

I have just purchased the Oly VF-2 for the M240, and I never thought I would like a EVF. This is such a great option to have aside from the RF way of composition, and particularly for close portrait work!! Now having the EVF andLV is a great backup while traveling, should the RF drift for any reason.

Nov 19, 2013 at 05:10 AM
Paul Yi
• • • • •
p.787 #6 · p.787 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I have a question...

I'll soon be getting a Summitar Collapsible 50/2.0 LTM from a friend.
Has anyone used this on M240?

I ask because there is a danger of damaging the camera when the lens is collapsed on M9.

Nov 19, 2013 at 09:27 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.787 #7 · p.787 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Charles, congrats on your VF. I need to get one of those sometime in the future when they finally start shipping the R - M adapters.

This is another shot from my usual hiking trail. I had posted this earlier but this time the waterfalls had better flows from the recent rain.

Edited on Nov 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM · View previous versions

Nov 19, 2013 at 09:52 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.787 #8 · p.787 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Paul I have one and don't even collapse into body of M, it works great on my MM but on M I have sharpness and low contrast haze issues wide open, stopped down it is sharp and the contrast improves somewhat. I will use it on my MM but do not plan on using it on my M

BTW works great on MM for that great classic leica rendering look

Nov 19, 2013 at 09:52 AM
Paul Yi
• • • • •
p.787 #9 · p.787 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I dont have funds to buy MM at the moment....

I guess I have to use the lens as a non-collapsible lens.

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.787 #10 · p.787 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edward, you don't need any help from preset, your image as good as they are! I always enjoy your images' color。I mainly play and excise different idea, VSCO make it handy.
Charles, congratulation about EVF, I bet it will help for MFD portrait and wide angle shot.
Thank you for comments!
rirakuma, beautiful color! Which lens? What r lens you plan to use on M?

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

asiafish
• • •
p.787 #11 · p.787 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

A few more from the Monte Carlo bar.

M Monochrom with Jupiter 3 5cm f/1.5, wide-open with yellow filter. ISO 5000

L1000667-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1000647-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

Edited on Nov 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM · View previous versions

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.787 #12 · p.787 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Zhangyue! It was taken with the WATE. I'm going to use an 80-200 vario elmar when I get the adapter, I think it will be really neat for landscapes.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.787 #13 · p.787 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Does anyone have any comments about Adapters on the M for R lenses? Nikon lenses? Give me the scoop please if you can. I know Paul I think used the Noct on his M, others have used some R lenses, right?

I noticed a novaflex is expensive for R converter, Adorama has one for 39 bucks, big difference for occasional use? The novaflex supposedly put you in the menu for selecting your R lens. Is that really that big a deal?

Andrew, get that MM away from me ha. I have to pay for an M first...

Counting off seconds until tomorrow. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9....M

Thanks.

Edited on Nov 19, 2013 at 08:46 PM · View previous versions

Nov 19, 2013 at 07:47 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.787 #14 · p.787 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Rocky, another excellent shot! The Oly VF2 EVF, is excellent value at $200, and just extends the useability of the M240! I will not travel without it for now It is very much smaller than I expected, and you easily swap using the RF and EVF while it is still attached! The 50 Nocti f/1.0, marginally back focuses when closing down from f/1.0 to about f/2.8 - 4 (Just the nature of this lens) The EVF will be very hand here.

Asiafish, nice captures.

Doug, congrats, almost! After seeing the issues with the A7's, my take would be to get the best possible adapter that you can afford. I have had many lenses calibrated with Camera Clinic in Melbourne, and the fine tolerances needed to just bring back focusing by 1.5cm, is the thickness of paint. Even the weight of the 50 Nocti f/1.0, 75 Lux, with strain the mounting screws, and do need to be tightened after about 12 to 18 months.

Paul Yi wrote:
I have a question...

I'll soon be getting a Summitar Collapsible 50/2.0 LTM from a friend.
Has anyone used this on M240?

I ask because there is a danger of damaging the camera when the lens is collapsed on M9.

You do have to be careful, as I know with the 50 Cron Rigid DR, I needed to modify the near RF cam focusing so the Macro range would work with LV on the M240.

Nov 19, 2013 at 07:49 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.787 #15 · p.787 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I may just stay up all night, I am getting giddy with anticipation, ha. Like a kid on Christmas. Come to think of it, tomorrow is my Christmas and Birthday too, lol.

Thanks for the advice Charles. Budget is tight right now. I may try the 40 buck one first, maybe get the Novaflex or wait on Leica's adapter, if it's not $2000.00

Nov 19, 2013 at 08:44 PM
rirakuma
• • •
p.787 #16 · p.787 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Doug, I would recommend saving for the novo flex instead of the budget adapters especially if you're going to use it a lot. I've read stories where cheap adapters fall apart and it just wouldn't be worth the savings if it happened to damage your lens. I remember seeing a mint novoflex lemnik adapter in eBay recently for 200, it might still be available. Best of luck!

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.787 #17 · p.787 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Charles, many thanks for your kind comments! Congrats for the EVF. Now you can use the M like a Sony (just kidding!)
Rirakuma, good job with the waterfall shot. Love the cool colors.
Zhangyue, thanks for the compliment
Asiafish, nice shots and good noise performance at iso 5000.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Paul Yi
• • • • •
p.787 #18 · p.787 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Charles, thank you for the warning....

Testing to see Noct Nikkor bokeh....on M240

Nov 20, 2013 at 06:03 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.787 #19 · p.787 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure how much I will use it. After all, I did buy 3 Summiluxes, and 2 Crons for a reason. :-) However, if I was to trade into another R lens, it could increase a bit over just 1 lens. Like to have a Nikon adapter too, so I can try my Nikkor Noct as well. :-)

First samples, M Type 240... or just M.

First image was Live View focused on back side of the glass angled off the back. Not bad...

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.787 #20 · p.787 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Just test shooting...

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:48 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.