Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              782      
       784              1016       1017       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joakim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.783 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Katie, Charles and Edward for the comments!

Tri Tan, interesting set from Disneyland. It is probably the complete opposite of the Shetland Islands from a vacation pov
Katie, the second one is really nice.
Gary, beautiful scenery in the second and nice 3D effect with an interesting bokeh with the 50 Lux.

KatieInTexas wrote:
Joakim, those look great! Would you mind sharing a bit how you process these?

Thanks!
K

For the orange color the problem was that they looked washed out, almost overexposed so I used the HSL panel in Lightroom to get back som detail and also to tone down intensity. I used the pipette tool (not sure if that is what it's called) to decrease saturation and luminance in the red and orange color. This made it better but still not good enough so I tried to change the hue as well which is something I rarely do but by taking out some red from the red and orange hue the colors got more balanced.

Apart from that I haven't done much since the overcast sky made exposure quite easy, I used Tone curve mostly to apply a slight s-curve to increase contrast and to set the white point and I also used the Highlight slider to decrease the highlights in the water surface. And then sharpening of course.

Aug 23, 2013 at 05:44 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.783 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you for kind comments and 'like'.

Peter, the whole set looks great and I really like the last one.
Joakim, the bridge shot of pre-pg is great. fishes looks great too. Orange/red is tough to deal. Definitely need play HSL panel, color looks great here.
Gary, nice scene! 17km? Your daughter is great
Edward, Nice street set! like that blue hue.
Ryan, Love the family series, MM looks great here!
Tri, Looks really fun, I wish I can be back to it with my kids soon.
Charles, the night shot from M240 looks great.
Katie, nice cloud, and also like the mood of that house shot.

Here are few more from Kauai

50lux

Aug 23, 2013 at 06:36 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.783 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary, beautiful scenery again. No worries about repetition, we love these photos

Charles, that sounds like good news. I have the feeling the Typ 240 new microlens design isn't as good as the offset microlenses of the M9/ME in terms of vignetting and color shift with UWA.

Zhangyue, thank you for your comments! Very nice rocky beach shots, and the b/w PP is perfect. The tonality in the rocks is beautiful.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.783 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Peter - excellent series you posted. Hard to pick a favorite

Katie - nice set...how are you liking the Voigtlander 35 f/1.2? The dog shot a page back is excellent

Joakim - very nice colors in your vacation shots. You did very well

Michael - first shot it excellent, looks so crisp

Gary - looks like you tired him out . 2nd shot is very nice. You guys go hiking often?

MM + Voigt 21 Ultron

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.783 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you so much Charles, Edward, Joakim, Gary, Zhangyue and Ryan!

Gary - how was your Yellowstone trip? I just realized that we had chatted briefly through PM about us both going this summer!

Zhangyue - Lovely images from Kauai!

Ryan - I just got the lens yesterday and only had time for just a few shots. I plan to shoot more with it this weekend - along with the 15 and 50 ... Also, love the MM shots. I'm a sucker for starbursts!

Joakim - thanks again for the details on how you edited those images! I love to see what other people do!

Aug 23, 2013 at 04:12 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.783 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan - yep, we go hiking a lot and is one of the things we love about being so close to the rocky mountains.

Katie - Yes, Yellowstone was amazing. Still have to get around to posting a few pics...

Aug 23, 2013 at 06:05 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.783 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Guys some really cool shots (I'm limited to my iPad this vacation so hard to comment individually)..

Gary, I've yet to notice magenta shift on the 21 SEM on my LCD screen.. Haven't loaded the images yet though.

Speaking of the SEM, it's been great so far, love it! The 50APO I'm really convinced I can't live without.. Its just a very agreeable lens, great balance of everything I like in a lens..

Hopefully I'll have some great images to show everyone when I get back home. Oh and still have a bunch of horse images to put online!!

Aug 24, 2013 at 07:16 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.783 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

50lux ASPH

Aug 24, 2013 at 09:33 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.783 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Beautiful photos, zhangyue! What are they, NASA satellite shots of planet earth?

Aug 24, 2013 at 09:36 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.783 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks, Edward
Walk around at Kauai beach, saw these mother earth's art, put at f5.6 and snap them

Aug 24, 2013 at 09:42 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

KatieInTexas
• • •
p.783 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gorgeous zhangyue! Those would make wonderful contemporary art pieces on the wall!

Aug 24, 2013 at 01:31 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.783 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M9 + Biogon 35 by edward karaa, on Flickr

M9 + Biogon 35 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Aug 24, 2013 at 04:27 PM
Mirek Elsner
• • •
p.783 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Does everyone have a calibrated monitor? What kind do you have? Mine is calibrated, but I'm not sure that the calibration is all that accurate. Not necessarily with colors, but more with the brightness level. When I edit to taste on my desktop, I am very careful with brightness values, as I don't like an overly-bright image. But when viewing the image on my other two computers (another desktop and a laptop) or on kindle fire or iphone - they all look too bright! When you calibrate, it says to keep the room dark, but if I calibrate it in
...Show more

I have a NEC monitor, but stopped using it several years ago and now I only use the screen of my 17" Mac laptop. The screen is far from perfect, but I don't see any adverse effect on my prints...

Some calibration tools allow to calibrate to brightness that you specify. If your images look too bright on other devices, perhaps you should use such calibration tool and calibrate to higher brightness. I used to have i1 Display and these days I use ColorMunki. Both use different software packages and if I am not mistaken, both allow setting the target brightness manually. The ColorMunki for sure. Try to find brightness level that works well for viewing on your monitor, on other devices, but also for prints - people often complain about dark prints, because their monitors are cranked up too much and the images end up being too dark when printed. This is kinda opposite problem to what you have. I think the reasonable target is 100-120 cd/m2.

Aug 24, 2013 at 07:35 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.783 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I have ordered a Dell Ultrasharp monitor (and am upgrading to Windows 7 and LR5) ... so we will see! I have always calibrated with Colorvision Datacolor.

Went to a birthday party today... these are with the M-E and CV 35 1.2

Aug 25, 2013 at 02:20 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.783 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Michael The B&W tonality in the top set are excellent! I just love the abstract color images, particularly the last image!! Amazing series.

Ryan, wonderful evening series! There are no limitations with the M-M
Adam, I really thought you would gel with the 50 Cron AA The images I have seen so far with this lens are just amazing, sharp but gentle at the same time.
Edward, really like the last shot!
Katie, the first portrait capture is wonderful!!

Aug 25, 2013 at 05:37 AM
Mitch Alland
• •
p.783 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

When I got to Paris, resolved to get back to doing black and white with the M-Monochrom, which I haven't used since buying the M9-P in late February. Accordingly, below are five pictures taken with the Summicron-28 at ISO 1250. Frankly, they don't do much for me, except that they are all "no finder shots" — a technique that I started using in some of my night color pictures in Bangkok, whenever I wanted to shoot without interaction (and posing) by the subject to avoid (shall we call it to be cute?) the "Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle."

The trouble is that I haven't formulated a project. Without a concept in mind, generally, I find it difficult to to anything interesting, particularly in black and white. Also, these days I find that I want something edgier than this from black and white and that means fighting the "exquisite" result the M-Moncohrom pushes you to.

Many pages earlier I wrote about my search for a title for the Thai color series that I was putting together. Essentially, I wanted a title that would allow the viewer to put together his or her own story for the pictures, as my approach, or belief, is based on depiction rather than suggesting a story. The initial working title was Surabaya-Johnny, the name of a 1930s song by Kurt Weill/Bertold Brecht, but that was too obscure to have a meaning for most viewers. I've now settled, at least for the time being, on Tristes Tropiques. You can see the 96-picture series here, if you are so inclined. I'm considering making a Blurb book out of it.

Paris

Paris

Paris

Paris

Paris

—Mitch/Paris
Bangkok Hysteria [download link for book project]

Aug 25, 2013 at 07:20 AM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.783 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Sometimes I feel like my shooting style goes against everything "Lecia" (traditionally speaking). It makes things quite fun I think.

Color event coverage + off camera flash. No Leica glass.

M9 + CV 75 1.8 Heliar Classic

M9 + CV 21 1.8 Ultron

M9 + CV 35 1.2 Nokton

Aug 25, 2013 at 03:39 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.783 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Another trailer from Everybody Street where Meyerowitz explains why in a very articulate and meaningful way.
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/everybody-street/trailer

Aug 25, 2013 at 06:11 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.783 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Katie, Beautiful family pics. Leica ME is doing great in your hand.
Mitch, Nice series from Paris. #2 is my favorite.
Mike, Great event images as always.

A few from Kauai before sunset. 35cron V1.

Aug 25, 2013 at 07:32 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.783 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you everyone.

Mitch - you say nothing special, but I disagree. Those are great!
Mike - wonderful as usual. You manage nice color even in the most difficult situations.
Zhangyue - Those are BREATH TAKING shots. Every one of them! The depth and soul in the first one really strikes me. Very 3-D and I can see everything in her eyes!

Aug 25, 2013 at 08:20 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password