1       2       3              780      
       782              2351       2352       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.781 #1 · p.781 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks all for the comments!

Very Cool jamgolf, was that at a theatre?

Phil

M240 w/noct 1f

Nov 12, 2013 at 03:02 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.781 #2 · p.781 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you very much Doug and Charles!

Jawad, nice Noctilux shots!
Phil, really love that mirror bride shot.

Nov 12, 2013 at 07:13 AM
jamgolf
• •
p.781 #3 · p.781 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Phil >>>> ... was that at a theatre?
No actually just our backyard/courtyard.
Kids were watching Top Gear. I thought it would be an interesting capture.

Thanks for the likes and comments guys. I appreciate it !

Noctilux is a lot heavier than 28cron (my other M lens), but Noctilux+M9 is still probably lighter than D800+Summicron-R (the lightest/smallest R lens I own). I was concerned but it does not bother me at all.

Also the ability to hand hold a shot in very dark environments opens many possibilities for me, and I appreciate that a lot - since I am not a photographer by profession and only have a little bit of time in the evenings to spend on this hobby. I can imagine with M240's (or MM's) better high ISO performance this would be quite an other-worldly combination.

Cheers!
-Jawad

Nov 12, 2013 at 09:34 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.781 #4 · p.781 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Guys, somehow my M240 got knocked out of alignment. And after fighting with them over my 50APO that doesn't seem like it'll ever come back.. I dare not send my M240 in for realignment.

The two lenses that are greatly effected are the 50 Noctilux 0.95 and the 75 APO. The other lenses are unaffected, which is I guess normal for f/2 and f/3.4 medium and wide angles, but oddly enough the 50Lux-asph is acting better from 1.4 onwards, focusing is spot ON... sigh, so I don't know what's going on (well I do, but I have no idea how it fell out of alignment, as I've only had the Noctilux on since the 50APO left for Germany a month ago, and I store the lens in a constant state of minimum focus which is the easiest on the mechanism).

And yes, I did testing using a tripod and live view and optical focusing and live view testing and back and forth until my eyes burned.. I used a pin with a ball on the end of it (actually the test images are pretty cool).

Anyway, kinda bummed out since I'm leaving for Japan in a weeks time, and I have no 50APO and now my camera is acting wonky (first world problems, I know, but still.)

The A7 n 55 1.8 ZA are looking pretty good right now.. Kinda wishing Sony had designed the thing a little nicer, cosmetically that is.

Anyway, been a bit busy with work, but will get to some older images from a few months back when I have the time.

BTW Jawad - I bought the Noctilux for the same reason, but found that I actually use it during the day a lot more then I thought I would use it. And I can usually get away with shooting @ 0.95 iso 200 and under 4000th of a second on most days here without an ND filter, since it's usually very overcast these days in Singapore..

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:14 AM
jamgolf
• •
p.781 #5 · p.781 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Adam

Good luck with your camera/lens issues. That sounds very frustrating. I mean Noctilux, 50APO, M240 - that is a big chunk of change and to have them act wonky must be very troubling.

We get a lot more sunny here in Texas so I have a 8x ND filter on the way for those f0.95 - f2 possibilities. But I am also in no way averse to using the Noctilux at f5.6 or f8

Cheers!
-Jawad

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.781 #6 · p.781 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Jawad, where are you in Texas?

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:10 PM
jamgolf
• •
p.781 #7 · p.781 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Jawad, where are you in Texas?

Katie, I am in the DFW area.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Jabberwockt
• • •
p.781 #8 · p.781 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Some great photos. The shots with the Noctilux are great.
Adam, sorry to hear about your trouble with Leica. It has been more than a year since I've had any dealings with Leica for service: they were great before, but it almost sounds as if that service has gone downhill since.

Cron 40 cropped down to ~45mm effective / f8.0 / M9:

Nov 12, 2013 at 01:57 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.781 #9 · p.781 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Jawad, nice! Keeps you guessing
Phil, wonderful portrait!!
Jabber, nice serene composition

Adam, sorry to hear about your issues with Leica!!
At the moment, I have a M240 sent back to Solms too, as the RF calibration went off, and was backfocusing about 1.5 to 2 cm. Unfortunately this is an issue with the 50 Nocti f/1.0, as at f/1.0 there is a front focus of about 1cm, and reverts about 1cm back focus at f/2.8 to 4.0. This is normal, but the M240 somehow drifted off after my last trip to Bali.

I have no problems about the M240 being re calibrated, and previously I had sent my M9's to Camera Clinic, and the turn around was 3 days, and worked brilliantly. Apparently with the new M240's, they need to be sent back to Solms. The issue is the time factor!!! In Germany, the gear gets held up in customs for 10 days coming, and then again 10 days going out. This is normal practice in Germany, but terrible for the customer. The turn around is estimated about 5 weeks, and this is not acceptable IMO. Fortunately I do have a back up M240 for now!!

I agree the A7r will be a great backup! The A7's are expecting to be shipped this Friday in Australia. I already have the Novaflex adapter, ready to test with the 50 Lux, 50 Cron Rigid DR, 50 Nocti f/1.0 and the 75 Lux. If it works with the 35 Lux, then this is a bonus. I am not expecting much with the WA's, so this is relegated for the M240 for now.

Similar issues are with Sony service in Australia. If there is a problem, let's say with the RX1r, or the A7's, there are major delays also with Sony, assuming they get back to you. Recently I had the issue with the RX1, where I had tried to contact for 3 weeks, and no response. It was not until, I placed comments on the Sony FB page, that they responded, and replaced the RX1 as the service center did not have the facility to repair the camera at the time.

I don't think there is a magic fix, unless you stick with Canon or Nikon for excellent service, and the pro back up.

Nov 12, 2013 at 09:14 PM
Jabberwockt
• • •
p.781 #10 · p.781 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Charles. Does Leica offer you the option of sending it to the New Jersey repair facility in the US? I had sent mine for rangefinder calibration last year while hurricane Sandy was battering the Eastern US coast. With electricity being out at their facility (along with half the state), they still managed to get the camera back to me after 3-4 weeks.

Nov 12, 2013 at 09:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Planetwide
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.781 #11 · p.781 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

P825

airfrogusmc, Love the geometry of your shots, especially in B&W - Super!
Jamgolf, Congratulations on the new lens, It sure is intoxicating
Edward, super dinner shot ,and at 1/15sec. Your street demonstration shots are wonderful. You really capture the people!
Joakim, which version of 35mm 'lux?

P826

Mitch, great evening shot. I hope that you stopped into Murphy's for some Guinness afterwards!
Edward, again great stuff. Looks like everyone was having fun.
Jojomon11, Stunning shots, very pretty women, and great technique - Superb!
airfrogusmc, I am liking this capture.

Charles, and Adam, I am sorry to hear about your issues. I hope for a quackish (by Leica standards) turn around. Charles, I look forward to descent and trustworthy RF shots. Please try a few wides for us.

Thank you for all the positive comments, and likes.

Andrew

Nov 12, 2013 at 09:40 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.781 #12 · p.781 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Edwards, Charles, Andrew

Jabberwockt love the shot! The 4 pelicans in a row make it for me

Phil

M240 and Noct 1f

And they lived happily thereafter!

Nov 12, 2013 at 09:55 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.781 #13 · p.781 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you very much Andrew!

Jabber, nice composition and perfect moment with the geese there. Would work even better in b/w imo.

Phil, your wedding shots are outstanding. Love the last post.

Adam, sorry to hear about your issue with the M. To be honest, as much as I love the RF experience, all these reliability issues are really worrying me. I have to pamper my M9 all the time being afraid to knock it out of calibration. Luckily it's still working well, but I'm very seriously considering the new Sony A7R and will probably switch if it turns out to work well with my ZM 25 and 35 wides. Imo, all these headaches associated with RF in general, and Leica in particular may not be worth it.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.781 #14 · p.781 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

What a great shot Phil! Love it.

Here is one from Two Jack Lake in Banff National Park…

21SEM

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.781 #15 · p.781 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Very nice, Gary.

Nov 13, 2013 at 03:49 AM
joakim
• • • •
p.781 #16 · p.781 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you Edward, Phil and Charles for the comments and thanks for the likes.

Andrew, it is the latest version of the 35 Lux.

Edward, I have enjoyed your photos of the demonstrations.
Phil, beautiful photos from the wedding.
Allen, great use of the shadows
Gary, excellent landscape and nice to see more from the Canon 50/1.4
Jabberwockt, good composition

Nov 13, 2013 at 08:57 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.781 #17 · p.781 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Never get tired of your landscapes Gary

Some recent shots and a few mix from my trip

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM
CVickery
• • • •
p.781 #18 · p.781 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Nothing noteworthy but thought there might be some interest in a comparison between the ZM25/2.8 and the ZF25/2.8 on the M240....both shots wide open.

ZM25/2.8 @f2.8

ZF25/2.8 @f2.8 (Leitax'd to EF with Fotodiox EF>M)

Nov 13, 2013 at 02:28 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.781 #19 · p.781 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you Joakim!

Rirakuma, very nice set, especially the first 3 shots.
CVickery, interesting comparison. The ZM seems quite longer than the ZF. Knowing that the ZF is actually closer to 26mm, this leads me to believe the ZM is not a real 25mm, probably 26-27mm. Also the ZM failed to show the guy in the second shot

Nov 13, 2013 at 02:40 PM
Paul Yi
• • • • •
p.781 #20 · p.781 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Playing with Noct Nikkor ....on M240

Not bad for wide open....

Nov 13, 2013 at 03:37 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.