Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              761      
       763              1006       1007       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.762 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, great series with the 28 Cron. Love your skillful compositions with WA's.

rirakuma, wonderful shots,and thanks so much for the sample DNG's. They are a lot better than I anticipated! Very nice portrait with a 21, and great cam too

Adam, stunning portrait! Love the colours.

Phil, beautifully rendered B&W image.

Joakim, what a great array of lenses. Depending on whether you are a 28/35 or 50 FL person. I am a 50FL'er, so I usually opt for the 24 Lux/50 Lux, Nocti and 75 Lux only now. I do quite often take the 28 Cron and 35 Lux too.

Peter, wonderful mountainscapes!!!

Gary, very nice series from Calgary. Love the colours in the last one.

Mitch, 3, 5, 6 and 9 are my picks! Very nice.

My chrome M9P sold on ebay this evening, so I will be receiving my black M hopefully within the next week

rirakuma, thank you for the sample DNG files. My take on one of the shots I hope you don't mind.

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:48 AM
rirakuma
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.762 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

^No worries Charles and thanks for posting your take on it. I'm actually interested in how people would work on the files so please feel free to post your work on the samples. Congrats on your new M too, I'm glad you can move to the M

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.762 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron - great samples of the 28 Cron....making me rethink not owning that one. One of my all time favorite lenses. Too many wants

Charles - I can't wait to get your opinion of the M. As much as I say I don't want/need the new M, it would be awfully hard to pass one up

rirakuma - excellent shots on the past few pages, really like what you did with the waterfall shot

Gary - more nice shots from the stampede

Mitch - some great street shots, keep them coming

Adam - excellent portrait, love the look

Phil - please DON'T go to color....your b/w images are excellent. Wait, you must have gotten a new toy

CV 50 Nokton II

35 Summaron

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.762 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

also...some CV 21 Ultron

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.762 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Ron, Charles, and all for the comments, boy this thread moves fast!

Ryan love the umbrella shot! very nice and full of colors! got a Ricoh GR to get my color fix, still have the M8, but it's sure nice to use AF once in awhile, that first shot from the first set is amazing as well, love the lines and simplicity of the shot! Keeping it Simple

That would be great if the MM had AF! But thats far from ever happening in my lifetime.

Jul 29, 2013 at 01:53 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.762 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes!

In therms of getting up early. I also like to sleep, but getting out early has so many advantages, no traffic, best air and temperatures, wildlife encounters, totally alone, best light and no traffic getting home. When I reach home I take a 2 hour nap and then I have still a half day left for friends and family.

Alberto, the look of your kids is priceless.

Ron, excellent sample shot of the Lux21! I cant find any fringing, did you corrected it?

Gary, love the colored background in the last shot!

Charles, congrats to your decision to get the M. I am also very interested in your findings!

rsolti, love the umbrella shot, it really stands out!

Jul 29, 2013 at 06:12 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.762 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rsolti13

Your real name is Gursky, isnt it?

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Mitch Alland
• •
p.762 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Continuing the series in my last post the following are shot with the Elmarit-21 ASPH, except for No. 12, which was shot with the Summicron-28.

No. 11 | Elmarit-21 ASPH

Pak Nam Pran

No. 12 |Summicron-28

Pak Nam Pran

No. 13 | Elmarit-21 ASPH

Pak Nam Pran

No. 14 | Elmarit-21 ASPH

Pak Nam Pran

No. 15 | Elmarit-21 ASPH

Pak Nam Pran

—Mitch/Pak Nam Pran
Bangkok Hysteria (download link for book project)

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:41 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.762 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Mescalamba wrote:
rsolti13

Your real name is Gursky, isnt it?

That was the first thing I thought of too I wish

Jul 30, 2013 at 01:13 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.762 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Something a little different from me.... All with 35cron asph - handheld - in a cavern - at "high" ISO.

ISO1000

ISO3200

ISO3200

ISO3200

Jul 30, 2013 at 02:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

adamdewilde
• • • •
p.762 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary - Second and third works for me

Mitch - I like the way the people engage you in the last two shots.

rsolti13 - Cinema and American flag shot for me.

Jul 30, 2013 at 05:12 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.762 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Wonderful work everyone!

Gary, any banding at iso 3200?

Jul 30, 2013 at 09:15 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.762 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Mitch, nice shots, particularly like the last one

Gary, good samples at high iso. Surprised at how good 3200 looks. That cave could get interesting if you could sneak a tripod in there

going to go b/w this time.....

CV Ultron 21

CV 50 Nokton II

he's got a big one......

Winner, winner, fish dinner!

50 Nikon Sonnar

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM
rirakuma
• •
p.762 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Awesome photos Gary, I've always wanted to take my cam out for a caving experience but unfortunately there's literally none where I live. I think you did a great job in the PP, color looks great and banding/noise isn't distracting. You must have a black belt in standing still

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.762 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Wonderful work everyone!

Gary, any banding at iso 3200?

Hey Edward. I have not had one image (yet) with banding - even at ISO6400...

Jul 30, 2013 at 01:41 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.762 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks rirakuma! One really needs a tripod for such work but they were not allowed...

Jul 30, 2013 at 01:43 PM
rirakuma
• •
p.762 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Mitch - lovely colors all throughout your set
Rsolti - love that last shot. For some reason it looks different to the rest for me very lovely tones

A pic from the previous trip with M and 35 lux

Jul 30, 2013 at 02:41 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.762 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Couple of not so quick questions for those who care to read/chime in..

Does any M mount lens come close to the 50APO as far as MTF charts are concern?
Specifically the 75APO, how does it do in comparison?

(Hidden motive, I'm considering the 50APO and or the 50 Noctilux) Just for conversation I'll add, the 75APO has a shallower DOF from .7-1m then the Noctilux from the comparison shots I've taken. Although would lose out against the Noct. at say 2m+. It's the only lens (75APO) thus far that I've had to take the sharpness down from default 25 to 0, since it was so sharp it was distracting. And it produces lovely colors, although it's a bit less contrasty then I'd like. Besides it seems to have less distortion then 50mm lenses. And I already have the 50Lux for low light.

My wife and I had a long debate, I'll spare you the details, but her take was: If she used an M240 her two lenses would be the 50APO and 50Noctilux (she's a fifty lover). Her logic, if you want technical perfection, and are in sunny conditions the 50APO is all you need. If you want dreamy bokeh or a good low light lens, the 50Noctilux is all you need. Reason to have both, one's small and makes a good all around lens, the other one is a night-owl like her (but to heavy for all around use). [she did all the research on her own, honest]
To further her argument, she said a fifty is a 35 if you take two steps back, and a 75 if you take two steps forward. So why buy other focal lengths, changing lenses is just a distraction. (Without opening up a can of worms, let's just say she makes a decent argument.)

It started to get me to seriously think about my lenses. I know that the 75APO get's me the closest to the action as possible, since it's 75@.7m, though a 50mm can be cropped enough if needed. The only problem I have is with the wides, I'd obviously need something in the 21-28mm range. But I would only use it, when I was damn sure I couldn't walk backwards, since I feel that's easier sometimes then digging into my bag, and switching to my 28cron. For a while I used 21ZE and 50MPZE on all my walks/travels/free-time, unless I needed a candid lens, then I had the 100MPZE (which rarely came with me), and I thought it was an effective setup.

I'm actually curious what you guys think about owning the two mentioned 50mm lenses, over owning multiple lenses close [35/75] in focal length? Money aside of course, but by all means do some math if you want to illustrate point.

Just a conversation, right now, I have no real intention of selling any of my lenses yet. But thought it might be interesting to ask you guys, since it was sure interesting to talk with my "doesn't really have an interest in photography" wife.

Best,
Adam

Jul 30, 2013 at 06:50 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.762 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Adam I can usually shoot all day with the 50 Nocti, and has your wife says take a few steps back and a few steps forward. This is pretty much all I do when I want to go Nocti for a day, I usually just stop down with it if I need the stops, I pretty much try to shoot 2 or wider w/ND filter so it's nice to have for both worlds

I can pretty much get most of what I need w/21 & 50, but it's sure nice to have the 35 focal needed

Hope this helps

Phil

Jul 30, 2013 at 07:06 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.762 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I can get by with 28 and 50 only....the 35 is handy for one lens outings, but I pretty much agree with the step back for 35mm view when shooting 50 and step forward for 75mm view. Once you try to get wider than a 35mm view in a 50mm lens shot though it is too different. The angle is totally different with 28mm where simply taking a few steps back gives a totally different perspective

If my option was 35 Lux, 50 Lux and 75 Cron OR 50 Cron APO and 50 Noctilux I take the 50s. The 75 is an excellent lens in a weird spot sitting between the 50 and 90 Crons. Clearly built for the M8

all this 28 talk just forced me to buy a Cron....I'm out of control

Jul 30, 2013 at 07:56 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password