FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              758      
       760              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

KatieInTexas
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.759 #1 · p.759 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Been working on the 6th grade class Fall Festival auction item ... donated by me. This will be cut along the black border (ornamental border) and be printed on metal. It has a metal stand in the back or you can wall mount it. Shot these last week with my CV 50 1.5, which back focused consistently with the whole shoot. Wondering if I should try yet another adapter with this lens...

Oct 07, 2013 at 07:11 PM
Ronny Olsson
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.759 #2 · p.759 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Michael: ( zhangyue) Very impressed with all of your great images that you deliver all the time
Great work !!

Oct 07, 2013 at 08:05 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.759 #3 · p.759 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

jojomon, zhangyue and joe - great shots! I have lots to catch up on here ... Ryan, congrats on the M240! Can't wait to see what you get with it! I blame you for my most recent purchase - I finally got the CV 21 1.8 today and only had about 5 minutes to try it out, so it was just in the house. I can tell that I will like it though (even without a viewfinder). Easy enough to guesstimate framelines - and seems to be quite sharp even wide open (which all of these below are):

All on the M-E

Oct 08, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.759 #4 · p.759 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Wow - lot's of great action around here lately...

Phil - such depth and detail with that ZM35/2. I would like to try that lens one day...
Michael - nice set(s) from Hawaii. Those colors are amazing.
Joe - great to see you back! If I had the funds, I would love to try out the S2. I think it would be stellar for landscapes... That pic of your son with the 80/1.9 is superb. That is one lens I never had a chance to try out when I had my Mamiya 645 Pro-TL. Congrats on the exhibit and publication!
Ryan - glad to hear you got your M240. I have also heard of others with lockup issues but I have only had it happen two or three times. It was when I took a pic and then shut the camera off right away. The pic would stay on the LCD and lock up... I do like the way your Canon 100/2 renders.
Peter - I don't do much printing aside from small photo books with pics from our family vacations. Usually only 4X6 though. Some of your nature pics would print beautifully I bet.
Katie - neat looking project!

Oct 08, 2013 at 03:07 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.759 #5 · p.759 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A mixed bag from last week....

21SEM

180/3.4 APO Tely-T R

21SEM

21SEM

21SEM B&W Version

Oct 08, 2013 at 03:41 AM
muc_marlin
• •
p.759 #6 · p.759 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ryan, had the same idea when new space is needed :-)
Joe, congrats for having pictures from you in a exhibition!
Katie, congrats to your new lens, good job on the project!
Gary, nice skyline...from the last pic I prefer the color version! The contrast between the colors are great.

Oct 08, 2013 at 07:34 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.759 #7 · p.759 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments, Peter, Katie, Gary!

Katie, love the metal print collage you did for the schoo! I like 21 Ultron pics, especially the way it draws on the 4th shot. I have this lens ans I like it a lot. As for the backfocus on your CV 50/1.5, I assume you are using the ltm version? Which ltm-M adapter are you using? I find the Leitz adapters work the best followed by Voigtlander ones. Those Chinese adapters (even those with over 1000+ve feedbacks on ebay) do not have the same consistency in shim thickness and could cause issues. But if you are already using a Leitz or Voigtlander adapter and still back focuses, have you checked your camera RF calibration with another lens? Otherwise, you might have to send it in for collimation.

Gary, excellent set, the 4th pic of the bridge with the 21SEM is my favorite. This one should print beautifully large! You might want to start collecting some of those M645 lenses again, in anticipation of getting a S2? Used prices have come down quite a bit, you'll be surprised

Nocti 1.0

Oct 08, 2013 at 01:36 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.759 #8 · p.759 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ronny, Ryan, Joe, Katie, Gary, Peter thanks for the comment. appreciate! and Peter, I agree horizontal is the one
Joe, thanks for sharing, the 'Bus' is also my favorite of your pics, but I don't remember see the other one here? If I have to S, I will get contax 80mm first
Ryan, what happen with your M, from dealer or private? can you still return it?
Katie, like those 21f1.8 shots, you made right choice.
Gary, your M240 pic is getting better and better
35cron V1,
Lot of haze and foggy, I decide using BW.
Again, two composition:

Oct 08, 2013 at 03:18 PM
Tobin28
• • •
p.759 #9 · p.759 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Joe 88, I checked out your website. The pic of the body builders is epic man. The composition, everything. Its killer. Nice work! 35mm focal length?

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:20 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.759 #10 · p.759 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Chad, much appreciated! Yes, 35mmFL on that shot with a CV 35/2.5 Skopar. Most of my portfolio work are done with either 28 or 35.

Haven't seen you around lately. Still shooting your M9 and stalking our legendary Mr Frank?

Joe

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tobin28
• • •
p.759 #11 · p.759 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Hi Joe!!! The M9 is away getting a CLA hope to be shooting again soon! Like I say love the work on your page. Also the lab you used really make silver gel prints, man they look amazing.

HAHAA I have spent the last three summers visiting Mr Frank and bringing him a print that I take of the past year before. I get invited in the house now and usually stay about 3 hours. Couple of months ago I photographed him in front of his house in his underwear. The man is beyond interesting. Its like hanging out with Picasso like Jason Eskenazi said.

Chad

Oct 08, 2013 at 09:36 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.759 #12 · p.759 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Shot these last week with my CV 50 1.5, which back focused consistently with the whole shoot. Wondering if I should try yet another adapter with this lens...

if you're having trouble focusing with the rangefinder changing adapters shouldn't make much difference and you probably need to get the lens calibrated. if you're distance scale is off on the lens a different adapter could help with that.

Oct 08, 2013 at 11:09 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.759 #13 · p.759 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:26 AM
muc_marlin
• •
p.759 #14 · p.759 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

zhangyue, did you some selective pp on the mountain? I just ask because there seems to be a glow or a light fringe on the mountain tips?
airfrogusmc, I like the first a lot!

Oct 09, 2013 at 08:36 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.759 #15 · p.759 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Michael and others for comments and likes!

Allen, excellent set. #1 and 5 are my favorites.

Michael, the first horizontal composition works best for me. Very nice! The Contax 645 lenses are excellent and from what I gather with dealers and users, the AF works well on the S2. The only reason I'm holding back right now is the price of the adapter at almost US$2000. I can get really nice files with some Mamiya 645 lenses at a fraction of the price. The Leica S lenses are in a different league though and this was the main reason I decided on the S2 for digital MF, plus the undeniable "je ne sais quio" of Leica .

Even with my KEH $195 Mamiya 645 45 2.8N, the files are beautiful. Some samples.

This was ISO640 pushed 1 stop in LR.

Gear shot

and crop

----
50Cron Rigid flare

Oct 09, 2013 at 01:19 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.759 #16 · p.759 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Joe and muc_marlin
A few more from yesterday

Oct 09, 2013 at 02:37 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.759 #17 · p.759 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

muc_marlin wrote:
zhangyue, did you some selective pp on the mountain? I just ask because there seems to be a glow or a light fringe on the mountain tips?
airfrogusmc, I like the first a lot!

Peter, I did. because of haze, and DR. I use brush in LR4 for both Mountain and sky. obviously, I didn't do a good work. That is one minute job, to do it right, I might need 30 mins

Joe, the portrait from S looks great, drool....
Allen, the first one from 2nd set is great!

Some family pics from last weekend

50lux ASPH WO

Oct 09, 2013 at 06:51 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.759 #18 · p.759 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

From the end of summer ... never exported from LR for some reason. M-E and CV 28 1.9.

Oct 09, 2013 at 09:45 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.759 #19 · p.759 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Michael. Excellent shots with the 50Lux ASPH. The background fall off on the 3rd shot is surreal, love it. Looks like calibration is good now?

Allen, another excellent set. #1 is my favorite.

Katie, very nice sunset pic!

Oct 09, 2013 at 09:52 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.759 #20 · p.759 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Joe! Love your recent shots, too. Those little bottom teeth just slay me!
Allen - wonderful last two sets (as always). Your B&W images are all so powerful. I like your shooting style. Alot.
Zhangyue - your color is always perfect. The lens rendering here is gorgeous, too.

Another "older" shot. I just printed this and it's now hanging in the hall. Too cute to pass up.

Oct 09, 2013 at 11:37 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password