Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              746      
       748              1062       1063       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rsolti13
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.747 #1 · p.747 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Edward, the shots of the 85 Sonnar are just excellent! Love the rendering and it look so sharp

Peter, those landscapes on the prior page are excellent. Great color. My favorite is #4 from first set

Joakim, nice shots from the Lux. I sometimes hate coming into work b/c most of the pics I have printed that I stare at all day are from that lens

Ron, a couple of great series. I really like your 'Timmies' mini-series. We also have issues with trash everywhere where a trash can is a little 'inconvenient' to get to. Its unbelievable. Yet the funny part is, around here the ones you see litter are usually the ones that are out hugging trees

I also very much like your last post on the prior page. The shot with the dark sky and building is excellent! Great mood

Phil, great shot with the CV 50. How do you like it? Both of those shots call for B/W...so I think you made the right call .

Ash, nice set from Belize. The colors look excellent, #4 is my favorite

Its funny how a camera I enjoy makes me want to go out and take pictures again. I was in a serious lull the last year or so and could have cared less. I decided to get an M9 again b/c I noticed that I just didn't care much. Well...that has changed. Is it the new-ness of a camera or just that I love seeing the results from the Leica...I don't know. But I sure do love this system

35 Nokton II

CV 21 f/1.8 next three

CV 50 Nokton II

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.747 #2 · p.747 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Now...a question on lenses from those that have used some of the classics. I recently took Phil to the cleaners on acquiring his 35 Summaron ...oh man I love this lens. I honestly didn't want to pay what these things go for, but glad I did now. Yeah, its f/2.8 but the way this lens renders is just pure beauty. I of course want a 35 Cron VI, but at over $2k that isn't happening. Anyways, for those that have used the 35 Summaron or Cron for that matter, what relatively fast 50 renders close? Is it the 50 Cron rigid? Does that have similar character? Is the Cron Rigid minimum focus 1m?

A couple of examples from the 35 Summaron.....

What other lenses give me this look Please...I need to buy more of them

more to come......

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM
joakim
• • •
p.747 #3 · p.747 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes!

Ron, several good sets from you since my last post. I enjoyed the Timmie Trash set but the individual photo that stands out for me is the last one from the last set.

Phil, what a great photo of your grand daughter.

Ash, great colors and light in that set.

Ryan, great sets from the beach and of your daughter. My favorite is the third one from the beach.

From yesterday, a rather odd mix with the 90 Elmarit.

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:53 PM
AshNZ
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.747 #4 · p.747 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
http://ronscheffler.com/samples/fmm9-2/20130712/20130712_0092-2.jpg

Both M9 & 50 Lux ASPH

Really nice Ron - hard to put my finger on why, but the composition is very good. This type of photo typically does not interested me that much, but that shot is great.

Jul 15, 2013 at 01:09 PM
Elisemkii

p.747 #5 · p.747 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ciao

Alberto

Leica M9 + 40mm Nokton f/1.4 @ f/1.4

Leica M9 + 40mm Nokton f/1.4 @ f/1.4

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:28 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.747 #6 · p.747 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Good stuff posted here last few pages!

Thanks for the comments guys and the critique it really helps me improve, esp. the leg in the foreground

Thanks Ron and Edward for the filter information, just ordered yellow, orange, and red for the 21 and 50 nocti

Please critique me all, esp regular posters so I can improve esp. comps, etc......I'm thick skinned and do double takes so I can learn

Phil

Edited on Jul 16, 2013 at 01:31 AM · View previous versions

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:55 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.747 #7 · p.747 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Ryan, nice landscapes, but the rendering w/your daughter is awesome! Man I just got taken

joakim nice B and W series, Im taken on the last shot, love the mid tones here

Elisemkii nice one of your daughter, how are you liking that nokton?

Phil

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:59 PM
joakim
• • •
p.747 #8 · p.747 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Phil.

Alberto, nice portrait of your daughter.

An abstract with the 28 Summicron

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:12 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.747 #9 · p.747 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

adorable photos of your little princess Ryan.

Lots of great photos last few pages!

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:56 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.747 #10 · p.747 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very cool joakim, love how we can take something we take for granted and make something special of it, totally fits my muse. Did you use any filters on the triple set above on your shots? There is slight evidence of it or did you do it in post?

Ryan I love the CV 50 1.5 allot! But sadly my nocti takes precedence, but I love the weight and feel of it over the nocti for sure

Phil

Jul 16, 2013 at 01:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

joakim
• • •
p.747 #11 · p.747 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Phil, I've seen that lamp so many times but not until yesterday did I think of standing precisely under it to look if I had a motive. I didn't use any filter for the previous set so it was all done in post.

Jul 16, 2013 at 07:25 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.747 #12 · p.747 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Joakim, Phil, Doug

Joakim, very nice B/W shots....I like the tones in the plant shot

Alberto, nice shots of the kid....the Voigt 40 sure has a unique look

CV 21 f/1.8

CV 35 f/1.2 II

CV 21 f/1.8

After going out and taking these shots, I must say, the latest offerings from Voigtlander, 35 Nokton II, 50 Nokton II and 21 Ultron f/1.8 make for EXCELLENT landscape lenses. I haven't seen an MTF from any of these three, but it is hard to find fault with any of them for landscape purposes. In fact, I have a hard time finding anything wrong with the 21 Ultron even wide open. The 35 Nokton stopped down is as good if not better than the 35 Cron ASPH. It is without a doubt sharper across the plane than the 35 Lux ASPH I, I never used the FLE so I can't comment there. Has anyone seen MTF charts from Voigtlander on these lenses, I am quite curious

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Elisemkii

p.747 #13 · p.747 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

jojomon11 wrote:
Thanks Ryan, nice landscapes, but the rendering w/your daughter is awesome! Man I just got taken

joakim nice B and W series, Im taken on the last shot, love the mid tones here

Elisemkii nice one of your daughter, how are you liking that nokton?

Phil

Thanks at all for your support :-)
I'm a born on M9 again. I bought the first one on 2010, but I was not able to find the same feeling as my M6/M7/M8, so I've had sold it quickly. Now after two years with Nikon d3x and D800 and some leica R lense I've decided to give at the M9 body one chance once again.
I've changed my mind and no regret.
The 40mm Nokton is an undevalued lens. His bokeh is a little bit nervous for my taste, but it is very sharp in the center of the frame even at f/1.4. The 40's engage the 50mm frames, so you have to fight in you composition, but nothing real annoing.
It is a lightweight lens and with the 75 summarit is an excellent duo for some mountain hike. One lens on the camera and the other in your pocket.

ciao

alberto

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.747 #14 · p.747 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great pictures everyone!

Thanks for the comments and likes about my last pictures!

rsolti, cotrast, color and Landscape are stunning especially for me as a mountain guy. In terms of framing I don't like so much that almost every picture has the horizon placed in the middle. I believe that in many cases the pictures getting more interesting when the horizon is not placed in the middle. But please , this is just my honest opinion, nothing more or less.

Jul 16, 2013 at 06:47 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.747 #15 · p.747 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Peter....and I do agree with you, would be far more interesting with the horizon below center...the clouds were fantastic

one with the 35 Nokton II

Jul 16, 2013 at 07:39 PM
redisburning
• • •
Account locked
p.747 #16 · p.747 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rsolti13 wrote:
Anyways, for those that have used the 35 Summaron or Cron for that matter, what relatively fast 50 renders close? Is it the 50 Cron rigid? Does that have similar character? Is the Cron Rigid minimum focus 1m?

yes. yes. yes.

rigids with good glass aren't cheap, though.

Jul 16, 2013 at 07:53 PM
joakim
• • •
p.747 #17 · p.747 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for comments and likes!

Ryan, nice photo of the lighthouse.

B&w with the 50 Summilux

Jul 16, 2013 at 09:12 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.747 #18 · p.747 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice Ryan, love the B and W's, Im partial to B and W's , did you use any colored filters on these?

Nice joakim, really liking what the lower right is doing

Phil

Jul 17, 2013 at 01:28 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.747 #19 · p.747 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hi guys,

Wrote a big long paragraph about my wedding, but decided since this was a photo forum, I'd erase it, and just get to the camera talk. A lot of random thoughts from 4 days of glued to my hands usage.

For the M240 my initial reaction was that it's much easier to focus then the M9 or M9p, I'm guessing the mechanism has been updated, as I'm pretty sure it has nothing or little to do with the window in the viewfinder. Although I love and hate the frame lines.. On one hand, I love how they're illuminated, white is perfect for me. But on the other hand, I really hate how when the camera is off, you can't see the frame lines, and I think that if the lens is coded, it should just show one frame line only, not pairs.. That and the frame line selector button was useful for walking around with multiple lenses with very similar focal lengths in my opinion, and there's no way of putting that sucker back onto the camera now. But I still have that focus and recompose problem, whereby the 50lux (being the worst offender) is fine when focusing and not moving, but still is really bad for portraits at 1.4 when you want to put the in focus area off center. This is obviously a fault of the lens, the 50APO doesn't do this, but I don't want to give up the faster speed for the APO. And I wouldn't keep both 50s (although I was [until the wedding made me broke] considering the 50APO and NOCT, to replace the 50lux). Honestly you do need the speed, since realistically speaking ISO 3200 is the highest I'd go before I'd toss on a flash and/or tripod, and change my style of shooting to accommodate the darkness.

I think that the files look good, but they don't have the same colors as my M9 or M9p and it'll take a while to get use to editing. I don't think the files are worse because it's a CMOS, I think they just need a lot of time for me to get use to them. I STILL have a problem with the files at 100% I think both the M9 and the M240 don't have clean base iso files, they're grainy and gritty on the M9 and milky and gritty on the M10. The canon files were the best for this (at base iso), but nikon isn't to far behind canon at all.. Leica, way behind. I honestly feel like it's a much smaller sensor then it is (I personally think they packed to many MP onto 35mm, 16mp seems to be the sweet spot, while 12 [D700/5D] is preferred). But if you all can recall, I complained about this before, and none of you seem to agree with me on this point.

I love that you can shoot video without turning the back screen on. It made for a hilarious video at the wedding since nobody knew it was filming (not even the person using it, wasn't me BTW, I didn't see my camera all night, a friend stole it, and I just ate dinner and walked around to talk with ppl who flew in for the wedding). But I see the real world usefulness of it.

I sold off all of my remaining lenses (both Leica and other), and kept the 28cron, 50lux, and I added a couple of Leica lenses, one was the 75 Summicron-APO which I've always wanted to own, and I'll post a few shots with the camera and various lenses soon (also kept the 50 1.5 LTM, as my fiance uses it for portraits sometimes on her NEX or on my X-E1, but we'll pretend that it's her lens).

Auto-White Balance sucks.. No two ways about it, it just sucks. You're better off picking a broad manual setting, and just sticking the camera on DNG mode.

Also, it takes really really really long to write to card, and I've tried several cards (anyone got recommendations on faster cards, or cards that work well with the M240). And I've noticed that startup from off to on is faster then startup from sleep mode to on. Also, I've noticed that when the camera is writing, it's really non-responsive with iso/menu/liveview/playback etc.. Others getting this feeling? BTW, it's all better then on the M9, but nowhere near as good as the Nikon/Canons..

One last point, it's comfortable in the hand, more so then the M9, and it feels more solid. I don't like the mic holes, and think they could have done without sound, maybe a mini jack? Or some hot shoe only attachment for sound that they sold at a reduced price, or added for free.. Mini jack hot shoe attachment for free would be best, better then mic hot shoe for a fee..

Anyway, have to pack up for portrait work now, will try to do some quick edits and post later on tonight.
(Might use the M240 for portraits today).

Best,
Adam

Jul 17, 2013 at 06:16 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.747 #20 · p.747 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Joakim, Phil. Phil, no filters used. I don't have any, wouldn't know which color to use with varying light. LR is my friend

Joakim, like the B/W. How long did you have it open for? Too bad the leaves on the left are blurry, very nice overall

Adam, excellent write up. I look forward to seeing some images from you. How many stops different do you find the ISO vs the M9? ISO 1200 on the M9 looks similar to what on the M?

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password