Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              745      
       747              1081       1082       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

muc_marlin
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.746 #1 · p.746 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

lenticular, nice set, I like the three in the middle the most. Just out of curiosity, why are you not removing the dust spots?

Ryankarr, gorgeous set on p.743 #4, except of the third I love them all! Congrats about your daughter!

Rirakuma, congrats for your new M...excellent shot!

Rsolti, nice shots with the Canon 100/2, fantastic vintage cars, I really like vintage cars...they had some character!

Gary Clennan, from your set I like the third and the last the most.

tthorne, great shot, I prefer the b&w because it has a greater impact!

Joakim, nice pics and walk.

Edward, the Zeiss Sonnar 85mm seems to be a hell of a lens!

leonasj, nice examples of the APO 90/2 ASPH.!

jojomon, love all your recent MM pictures!

Ron, excellent play with color and light!

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.746 #2 · p.746 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

from this weekend....

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.746 #3 · p.746 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

three more...

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.746 #4 · p.746 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

muc_marlin wrote:
lenticular, nice set, I like the three in the middle the most. Just out of curiosity, why are you not removing the dust spots?

Thanks, Re dust, it's sheer laziness on this occasion - pretty inexcusable when the standard of posts on this and other threads is so high!

I like your mountainscapes. Favourites from your last 2 posts are 1, 4, 5 and especially 7.

Jul 14, 2013 at 01:30 PM
joakim
• • •
p.746 #5 · p.746 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes!

Phil, great shots with the Nocti
Ron, beautiful color combinations in your sunset photos.
Edward, more great work with the Sonnar.
Peter, very nice photos from the mountains.
Allen, excellent photo of that gate.

Jul 14, 2013 at 03:01 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.746 #6 · p.746 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks all for the comments!

Ron awesome sets the 2nd set takes the set for me, I am partial to orange, the last shot's rendering is awesome, really enjoying your stuff lately!

Edward very nice portraits, love the rendering and colors of the last one excellent work

Peter Awesome set, were these taken at sunset? Really love the cross and the last one, love the hue in these, it really adds to the mood

leonasj nice samples of the jpg's w/BMR, if thats your ride, your doubled parked

Phil

Edited on Jul 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM · View previous versions

Jul 14, 2013 at 03:28 PM
joakim
• • •
p.746 #7 · p.746 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

From a little excursion today. All with the 35 Summilux ASPH.

Jul 14, 2013 at 03:46 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.746 #8 · p.746 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Joakim - like the windows!

Peter, looks like you rolled out of bed to catch the sunrise this time? I assume it's sunrise. I really enjoy the gentle rendering and soft layering in these.

Edward, wow, these images feel so clear and immediate, like being there.

Here's a mini-series I call "Timmie Trash:"

M9 & 28 Cron x2, 50 Lux ASPH x3 - might revisit the downsizing of these as they look quite harsh...

Some are likely familiar with Tim Hortons, Canada's dominant coffee & doughnut chain, also nicknamed Timmie's. It seems they're also a pretty significant source of eyesore garbage in public places, particularly their paper coffee cups. While I was in Port Maitland, exploring the pier and breakwater on the Lake Erie shore, I noticed numerous examples of this and how the cups all looked so new and pristine, as if someone had just left them moments earlier. While there I could have also done a series on abandoned styrofoam bowls used to transport earthworms used as bait by recreational fishermen on the pier, so it's not just a problem related to coffee cups. Anyway, maybe I'm being naive, but I'm surprised by how lazy some people are just leaving their trash lying around... I guess the problem is the garbage cans are all located in the parking lot, too far away for convenience.

Jul 14, 2013 at 04:07 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.746 #9 · p.746 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Wonderful landscapes... Ron, Peter and I really like the window shot joakim

Jul 14, 2013 at 04:12 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.746 #10 · p.746 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
And some family portraits:

f/4:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7392/9283816380_e35124a14b_o.jpg
M9 Zeiss 85 Sonnar by edward karaa, on Flickr

f/2:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2869/9281024961_1be73826b3_o.jpg

f/2:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7405/9283805296_81dfdbde92_o.jpg

f/2.8:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7395/9281043215_58db82bb6f_o.jpg

BEAUTIFUL family Edward and captured perfectly.

Jul 14, 2013 at 04:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jojomon11
• • • • •
p.746 #11 · p.746 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Agree with Allen, Edwards beautiful family Sir

Phil

Grand daughter visit today, joy to see her as always

1st shot M8 w/CV Nokton 50 1.5, forced myself to shoot in color, but gave in and went back to B and W

2nd shot Mono w/Nocti

Edited on Jul 14, 2013 at 05:40 PM · View previous versions

Jul 14, 2013 at 05:18 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.746 #12 · p.746 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joakim really liking that first shot!

Ron agree w/you very disgraceful to litter anywhere, even if trashcans were further away, thats still not an excuse to litter. Nice series, last one for me. I will boycott Timmie's

Nice color pop to the cups though

Phil

Jul 14, 2013 at 05:38 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.746 #13 · p.746 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much lenticular, Phil, Peter, Ron, Joakim, Allen! Your kind comments are really appreciated.

Peter, beautiful atmospheric photos! Superbly done!
Joakim, really like the 1st shot, the geometric symmetry and the old vintage feel.
Ron, very bold graphic effect there. Love the monochromatic treatment.
Phil, the 1st shot is so lovely!

Jul 14, 2013 at 05:56 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.746 #14 · p.746 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Phil, those are great! Lovely moment with your granddaughter and the Nocti image is so creamy!

As for Tim Hortons, they are aware of the overall problem and have put a marketing spin on 'educating' the consumer. It doesn't seem to be working. Some have proposed a deposit system, which Hortons has rejected. Considering the number of people visiting my street at 2-4am the night before garbage collection, sifting through recycling bins for wine and beer bottles/container, I'd think coffee cups would be popular pickings for the same crowd, especially considering how many one could stuff in a garbage bag vs. beer/wine bottles... anyway... [/rant]

This one I call "catfish wedgie"

And some other rock shots around the breakwater:

M9 & 50 Lux ASPH except last with 28 Cron.

Jul 14, 2013 at 06:42 PM
Grenache
• • •
p.746 #15 · p.746 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, great textures

Muc_martin, love the nuance in your dawn/dusk shots

Jul 14, 2013 at 07:52 PM
AshNZ
• •
p.746 #16 · p.746 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Lovely pics Peter S.

A few more from Half Moon Caye, Lighthouse Reef, Belize.
Leica M8

And a redo of one posted earlier - getting ride of the Cyan cast

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.746 #17 · p.746 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Does anyone have any recommendations on colored filters? I'm think of red, but any help in this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil

Mono w/Nocti

Jul 15, 2013 at 02:48 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.746 #18 · p.746 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Phil, I liked orange filters when I shot B&W film for a somewhat higher contrast look for landscapes (darker sky to make clouds stand out more) without being as overly dramatic as red, but noticeably stronger than yellow. Red will give you some pretty dramatic effects (making blue sky very dark) and can be useful for porcelain caucasian skin tones too. While I haven't tried it, some will combine red with a polarizer for even greater effect. Orange and red will make green vegetation quite dark, blue will go dark too. Anything on the yellow-orange-red side will go lighter. If you want to darken warm tones, use a green filter. For portraiture, the general 'rule' was yellow, orange, red for smoothing skin tones and making caucasian skin progressively more porcelain. Green is also an option for portraiture, but will tend to make blemishes more noticeable. It can add 'character' to portraits of men, though might not be flattering for women. Green and blue will make freckles stand out more noticeably.

Lovely rendering in that one.
Ash - very nice - the reprocessed file does feel better. Love the clouds in the powerboat image (the motor looks massive).

Both M9 & 50 Lux ASPH

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:24 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.746 #19 · p.746 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Excellent post from Ron about b/w filters.

I just would add that during my film shooting days, I used blue filters extensively for portraits. The results will be exactly the opposite of the current esthetical taste, but very unique. You will get very dark lips (especially with lipstick applied) and unusual tonal response to colors. Very artistic.

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:39 AM
muc_marlin
• •
p.746 #20 · p.746 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

lenticular, joakim, Phil, Ron, Edward, airfrogusmc and AshNZ, thanks for the comments and likes!

With pictures like my last post I really can see the difference from a photographic work monitor to the display from my MacBook Pro. All the fine nuances look with the photographic work monitor way better, the laptop look almost harsh.

This time I had a different approach to be there at time, I bivouacked on the summit! When I have the time I just love to do that, you have the mountains completely for your self. The pictures all from the sunrise, the sunset wasn't good at all.

Phil, really nice picture from your Granddaughter. In the second one i find the leg in the foreground a bit to dominant.

Ron, great detail and structure, the one with the catfish I like the most. We also have the problem with the litter even when there are garbage bins around. I also observed that broken bottles getting more and more, especially for people with dogs a real pain in the butt! In your last post it looks almost like the clouds in the foreground are moving but the sea is sharp.

AshNZ, very nice pictures, like Ron I like the clouds. Yes, the colors in the redo are better now.

Jul 15, 2013 at 08:26 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password