Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              740      
       742              1049       1050       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rsolti13
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.741 #1 · p.741 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, great eye catching the angles. I really wish I was able to see things that way. I know there are so many opportunities I walk by every day.....I guess that is why photo walks with a bunch of people would be so beneficial, learning how everyone sees things so differently

Ash, great colors....very nice shot. The tower there seems a little out of place

Mitch, I think #2 may tell a better story...but that noise just kills it for me. #1 is also very good....the baby crying makes it if you ask me

some with a 135 tele-elmar

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.741 #2 · p.741 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks to anyone I owe thanks too.

Also, you guys will have to try to keep me straight on the glass. ok, screw mount Canon, the Nikon was what? I really don't keep up with really old glass much, true enough. I do enjoy seeing results others get with classic glass.

Ash, great shot. The palm bothered me a little, I might have like to have seeen the frame shifted left some, depending what was there, but you can't recreate it with that bird there. Shot has a lot of detail, is nice.

Doug

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Mitch Alland
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.741 #3 · p.741 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rsolti13 wrote:
...Mitch, I think #2 may tell a better story...but that noise just kills it for me. #1 is also very good....the baby crying makes it if you ask me...

rsolti1, thanks. See my post p.740 #20: the noise comes from an LR5 bug that does not include noise reduction settings in some exported JPGs. That means the image viewed in LR5, that is, the image to be printed does not have this color noise. Adobe is working on a fix for this.

—Mitch/Bangkok
Paris au rhythme de Basquiat and Other Poems [download link for book project]

Edited on Jul 10, 2013 at 04:14 PM · View previous versions

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:54 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.741 #4 · p.741 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I am a very seldom and somewhat lazy poster on here and I freely admit that I am generally daunted by the standard of images on this thread, so I don't post images much.

I have greatly enjoyed shooting with an M8 since Dec last year and now I have an M9 winging its way to me from the US. I need to sort a firmware issue.

Keeping the M8 in addition to the M9 is not an option ( I have other cams too), so I am simply asking for a consensus view that the move to a 9 is worthwhile, as I currently believe it to be

TIA

Jul 10, 2013 at 01:13 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.741 #5 · p.741 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

3D.Doug wrote:
Also, you guys will have to try to keep me straight on the glass. ok, screw mount Canon, the Nikon was what? Doug

Hey Doug. "Mostly" all of the vintage lenses people are using on M's are "screw mount", "M39", LTM (Leica Thread Mount) which are all one in the same. The Canon and Nikkor lenses used in recent posts are LTM (or M39, or screw) mount. The general consencus seems to be to just refer to them as LTM mount. You just screw on an LTM-M adapter on the lens and you are good to go.

Edited on Jul 10, 2013 at 01:37 PM · View previous versions

Jul 10, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.741 #6 · p.741 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

lenticular11 wrote:
I am a very seldom and somewhat lazy poster on here and I freely admit that I am generally daunted by the standard of images on this thread, so I don't post images much.

I have greatly enjoyed shooting with an M8 since Dec last year and now I have an M9 winging its way to me from the US. I need to sort a firmware issue.

Keeping the M8 in addition to the M9 is not an option ( I have other cams too), so I am simply asking for a consensus view that the move to a 9 is worthwhile,
...Show more

I think that moving to the M9 is a big upgrade and you won't regret it at all. I say go for it and don't look back....

Jul 10, 2013 at 01:36 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.741 #7 · p.741 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Gary, as I thought, though I'll miss the M8's IR capability (will have to convert my Sony 5N into an all-spectrum cam).

Jul 10, 2013 at 01:40 PM
Mitch Alland
• •
p.741 #8 · p.741 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Absolutely, I think that the M9 has fantastic color rendition; and must say that I never took to M8.2 that I had for some nine months a few years ago.

—Mitch/Bangkok
Bangkok Obvious [WIP]
Eggleston said that he was "at war with the obvious"...

Jul 10, 2013 at 01:55 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.741 #9 · p.741 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

lenticular11, I would be really happy to see some of your pictures, don't be shy!

Since I am new to Leica I have no comparison to the M8, but I am coming from Nikon D3 and at low ISO's I absolutely love the output from the M9.

Jul 10, 2013 at 02:05 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.741 #10 · p.741 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

double post

Edited on Jul 10, 2013 at 05:39 PM · View previous versions

Jul 10, 2013 at 04:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rscheffler
• • • •
p.741 #11 · p.741 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Mitch Alland wrote:
joe88/muc_marlin/edward, thanks. Yes, I agree that the composition and the light on the people is better in the second picture. The reason I had originally picked the first one is that I wanted some "psychological tension", but I must admit that the second man's shoulder just behind the first man compromises that somewhat. So, I'm still thinking about this and hope that I'll get some more comments.

Interesting that you wrote this, because before reading your comment, that is what drew me to #1 over #2 - the tension. Despite the hidden man's visible shoulder, I still prefer #1. While there is not an obvious activity, if any at all, happening in the image, there are several subjects each looking at different things, implying there is something happening, somewhere. And I like that the man second from left is looking at the camera, connecting the viewer to the scene.

Ryan, those look good from the 135, but it's also a lens that didn't really grow on my when it was generously loaned to me for a trial. Like the first one.

A couple more from downtown:

M9 & 28 Cron

Jul 10, 2013 at 04:35 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.741 #12 · p.741 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice Ron, don't know if I like post #10 or #11 best . The shadows in the first shot are perfect

Some CV 21 f/1.8 shots

Jul 10, 2013 at 05:12 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.741 #13 · p.741 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Oops, thanks Ryan. Somehow double posted while editing the content... Really like your B&Ws above, and the roots are a very cool find.

M9 & 21 SEM, Canon 50/1.4 LTM.

Jul 10, 2013 at 05:42 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.741 #14 · p.741 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice work, Ryan and Ron!

Got back my Sonnar today. Here's a test shot wide open:

M9 Zeiss 85 Sonnar by edward karaa, on Flickr

Jul 10, 2013 at 05:46 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.741 #15 · p.741 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Edward, beautiful shot. Love the rendering of that lens. My first thought was if you also shot that with an MM. Did they fix the focus? Sure looks so based on that shot

Jul 10, 2013 at 07:07 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.741 #16 · p.741 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much Ryan!

The first thing I noticed is that they replaced the bayonet mount with a slightly thicker one, which is not a Zeiss one. Not sure if it's a Voigtlander or just a generic one. The close range focus is now absolutely perfect, but the RF patch is showing infinity focus a few mm before the infinity hard stop, my tests showed this is clearly incorrect as the lens is sharpest at the hard stop. Very curiously though, several hours later, the RF suddenly is working correctly both at infinity and close range, so it might have been a tiny piece of dirt causing this. I am quite happy with this lens now. More shots to come tomorrow

Jul 10, 2013 at 07:24 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.741 #17 · p.741 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great to hear Edward! Please post more with that lens!

Jul 10, 2013 at 07:36 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.741 #18 · p.741 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Mitch Alland wrote:
Absolutely, I think that the M9 has fantastic color rendition; and must say that I never took to M8.2 that I had for some nine months a few years ago.

—Mitch/Bangkok
Bangkok Obvious [WIP]
Eggleston said that he was "at war with the obvious"...

Thanks Mitch. I've posted on Flickr, but I also want to register here how much I like that travelogue book.

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.741 #19 · p.741 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

they are from today, but now I am tiered and need to go to bed ;-)

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.741 #20 · p.741 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:47 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register