Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              726      
       728              1006       1007       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

muc_marlin
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.727 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

adamdewilde: wow...congrats from me to!

Ron: very nice, the last one is really outstanding.

Jun 27, 2013 at 08:23 PM
JonasY
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.727 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Brother says hi from Rome

Leica X1, 24mm @ f/2.8

The more I use this camera the more surprised I am of the IQ; it's simply amazing, and I'm pretty sure that's mainly because of the fantastic lens. It's probably the best lens I've ever used, a shame it's stuck on such a lousy body (the lens would be worth far, far more than the price of a used X1 if it was a stand alone lens). If it wasn't for the [lack of] tonality and DR, I could easily mistake what I get from my X1 with any FF camera with a high end lens.

Jun 27, 2013 at 08:55 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.727 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

thanks Muc_Marlin on my lens.

Looks like quite a bit of new stuff here, and 240s with new wives, wow, what a banner day that is. lol. Well, congrats to you both.

So, is that the 10.5 fisheye Joe?

Nice portrait, that X1 was always quite the overachiever. really good clarifty for the BW. You are right, the glass makes the camera. For me it was a gateway camera. It wasn't long before I wanted more...

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:15 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.727 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great news Adam - looking forward to your pics. Congrats again on the wedding!

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:20 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.727 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jonas, there appears to be some magic dust inisde the X1's 24mm Elmarit. Very nice shot.

Doug, its 10.5cm, is 105mm - this is the way they labelled lenses back in the old days Although with the M240 live view, not a bad idea to try a fish eye lens at some point.

Adam, congrats on your M240 and all the best for your upcoming wedding.

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:22 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.727 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ryankarr wrote:
Added a 35mm FLE to the collection last week, and have just ordered a CV12/5.6 from Camera Quest

Great to hear you had no flood damage Ryan. It seems to me the CV12 doesn't have as much color shift as the CV15 - correct? I have used my CV15 only a few times but the color shift can be a pain to deal with....

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:24 PM
shtarka1
• •
p.727 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Nikkor 10.5cm 2.5 ltm

http://josephow.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v84/p1695866199-5.jpg

Joe, We Have To Go Out & Shoot Soon So I Can At Least See One! Some Killer IQ Here!

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:40 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.727 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jonas - looks great! Obviously the photographer knows what he's doing.
Allen & Hilmar - thanks for responding to my query. Hilmar, I know we've discussed the challenges of focus and recompose portraits with the 50 Lux ASPH, so good to know how you feel about the 35 FLE.
Thanks Peter!

joe88 wrote:
Ron, another excellent set with the Sonnar and signages. The deer set is superb, especially the last two shots. Do you really need a 50Lux ASPH?

Thanks Joe! Yes, I still need the 50 Lux ASPH if only because I won't have lingering doubts if using other lenses and wondering how much better the Lux ASPH could be... Now I only have lingering doubts about the 50AA!

Actually, with the deer set, the Sonnar shows weakness at those distances, though not obvious at this resolution. Fine detail isn't well recorded whereas with the the Lux it would be, and off-center compositions would be less troublesome as seen with the Sonnar's rapid drop off in non-central sharpness. But I do find the Sonnar easier to focus precisely due to the longer focus throw.

I still think a set of modern glass is the best way to start and cover all the bases. Then over time, build a complementary 'character' set of lenses to suit specific needs.

The Nikkor is a very nice lens, especially with its Sonnar qualities at nearer distances.

Adam - that's great! Care to give us a general idea of how you managed to find an M so quickly?

Walk in the woods, more Zeiss-Opton 50/1.5 Sonnar:

In another section that has nice grasses that are always well lit by the evening sun, I was getting busy doing bokeh shots when a dog walker came by, who I'd never before met, but turned out to be a bit of a Leica guy himself, though got out of it for AF and autoexposure, etc. After about 15 minutes of chatting, it seemed like he was reconsidering the Leica dilemma. Only drawback was it killed some quality time with the fleeting light..

His dog (not sure about the flare) and chatting with another dog walker:

So then I headed down to the water, first chased the deer around, then liked the clouds over the water, and another guy comes around... this time someone I know from the university here and whom I have photographed a few times for the university. He's also an amateur photographer and was getting set up for the potential sunset.. small world.

Here's one scene shot at or near wide open vs. about 5.6:

There's a nice smoothness/blur quality to the lens wide open that can sometimes work for a scene.

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:48 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.727 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron - looks like a really good place to go shooting. You are really putting that lens through it's paces....

One more from yesterday:

35cron asph

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:56 PM
joakim
• • •
p.727 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for comments and likes. It feels like this thread is in some turbo mode right now

Here is a mixed bag; two with the 50 Planar, 1 with the Canon 35/1.8 and one with a new comrade, a russian Jupiter-8 50mm f/2 that is based on the 50 Sonnar (pre-war) design if I understand it correctly.

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joe88
• • • •
p.727 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Steve, yes we need to go shoot sometime soon!

Ron, another excellent set. Great light. Really, do you need a 50Lux ASPH? I think a 50APO is where the road seems to lead towards

Gary, nice one, interesting tree formation.

---
Some from our backyard. OM 50/3.5 Macro

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.727 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joakim, I think we both posted at the same time. Excellent set and congrats on the Jupiter 8! Good catch on the BIF. #1 and 2 must be the ZM50P? We seem to be on a somewhat vintage mood on this thread recently? #3 is the Canon and #4 Russian comrade?

Yes, I believe Jupiter 8 has the same optical design as the Sonnar 5cm f/2 but I think its single coated. You should try the Jupiter 3 and 9 if you have a chance.

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.727 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Yes, this thread is moving very quickly!

Joakim - looks good. That's what I like about the Canon 35/2 as well... the SA haze, or whatever it is, towards the frame edges when used wide open.
Gary - great handling of a very high contrast scene!
Joe - Very nice! Definitely an advantage of the M240 and use of non-RF close focusing lenses. The typical 1m restriction of the old lenses is definitely tiring. At least the Nikkor 5cm/1.4 is an exception.
Yes, 50AA... in my mind a more realistic match to the M240's better high ISO performance. Price though is still a major mental (and practical) hurdle. Lux ASPH is a better match for me with the M9.

This one is the Sonnar either at f/8 or f/11, where its performance is best across the frame:

Around f/2-2.8:

Wide open:

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM
TAGfan
• • •
p.727 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Beautiful work Ron - I need to get out and get shooting!

Jun 28, 2013 at 01:27 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.727 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

That's funny Joe! I think I have competition now with Ryan

I still have my leica gear just need to use it, just got a Pentax 645D with 55 2.8 so tinkering with that baby! Medium format is my new lust for now

Great stuff posted here guys! Man this post moves fast! Any women leica users here? We need Helena here!!!

Anyone in So Cal here? I wanna shoot with another leica user!

Phil

Jun 28, 2013 at 02:09 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.727 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

The 75 really delivers detail. I love this lens for medium close up work. Definitely filled a void for me with my M9.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:11 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.727 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Ron - Honestly, It was a combination of factors. But I did get it locally (SG MSRP), so my fiance paid a lot more then USA MSRP.

JonasY - The portrait of your brother is awesome.

Jun 28, 2013 at 04:42 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.727 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Scott! I can be quite the homebody at times and need to pry myself away from the computer and get out. Luckily I just have to walk 5-10 minutes down the street for the scenes I've been posting.
Phil - wow, that's also a camera I've been curious about. I don't think we've had any ladies participating here for quite some time, unfortunately.
Doug - those have a very nice feel/quality to them.
Thanks Adam, too bad about the price, but at least you found one!

Checking in on my deer herd again today (I never post cat photos, so I guess this is OK)...

Nikkor 10.5cm f/2.5 LTM (both wide open and cropped a bit):

28 Cron (slight crop):

Zeiss-Opton 50/1.5 Sonnar (some cropping):

And if that isn't enough wildlife for you, I also found this guy...

He was either senile or kind of slow... he'd get nervous every time I moved closer and would make a move for the water, but then would stop halfway, wait 15 seconds and turn around and return to the log he was chewing on. This was repeated numerous times, to my amusement and perhaps his annoyance.

His home might be the pile of wood directly above the canoe.

Both with the Nikkor 10.5cm LTM, though the beaver photo was cropped probably to about 200mm equivalent.

Jun 28, 2013 at 06:19 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.727 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

^^superb!^^

Jun 28, 2013 at 07:19 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.727 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

What a great set Ron. Those first two shots are beautiful! I am surprised by the subject separation in #1. That Nikkor 10.5cm is a really good lens.

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:39 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password