FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              725      
       727              2351       2352       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.726 #1 · p.726 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you Ryan! Beautiful set above. The colors remind me so much of the M9, very slide film like.

Aug 09, 2013 at 09:13 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.726 #2 · p.726 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Edward...speaking of slide film like...VSCO released a new slide film pack yesterday. On sale for limited time, I need to purchase when I get home

http://vsco.co/film - 04 - Slide Films

Aug 09, 2013 at 09:44 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.726 #3 · p.726 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

rsolti13 wrote:
Thanks Edward...speaking of slide film like...VSCO released a new slide film pack yesterday. On sale for limited time, I need to purchase when I get home

Wow, the 04 samples look fantastic! Looking forward to see some of your images processed with this plug in.

Aug 09, 2013 at 09:52 AM
Mitch Alland
• • •
p.726 #4 · p.726 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Here are some more night shots using the "Shoot at ISO 640 and Push in Post" technique. These are shot while walking and somewhat looser in style.

All with the Elmarit-21 ASPH.

Bangkok

Bangkok

Bangkok

—Mitch/Bangkok
Surabaya-Johnny

Edited on Aug 09, 2013 at 11:37 AM · View previous versions

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:26 AM
salvaz
• •
p.726 #5 · p.726 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I have aways been a Canon user with all the high end equipment needed to weigh someone down. Several years ago I was hit by a car while walking my dog in Pasadena spent a month as a trauma patient and in a wheelchair and walker for a year. I did not use the Canon equipment that much for a couple of years and soon came to the realization that all that stuff had become a burden.

Over the past 3 years I would always start my FM visits by coming to this thread first before the Canon Forum. I bought the Sigmas DP1 and 2 Merrills and took some wonderful and detailed images. I obtained the Sony RX1 and loved the high ISO, color and take anywhere form factor. But I what I really wanted was a Leica. It is a little crazy to want something so expensive and have never even seen or held one. Finally the Samy's Leica Boutique opened and spent time with Ebi Kuehne, been with Leica for over 40 years, and I must have held the ME for about a half hour while at the store. There is never a hard sales with Leica sales people. A month later I found a brand new M9 at the SoHo store, Craig was great to work with and soon a M9 and 50mm Lux were in my hands. I learned that you need to be aware of what the M9 can do and not worry about the things it is not. I will use my Sony RX1 as my 35mm and will probably find those special buyers for the Sigmas this will reduce my kit to two cameras.

I am sorry to made this a long story but I hope to begin to contribute to this wonderful thread in my small way and just wanted to give a little background. It becomes apparent that most of the contributors to the Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread treat each other as old friends.

Salvador

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:28 AM
joakim
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.726 #6 · p.726 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

There's a lot of catching up to do in this thread when you've been away for 11 days, a lot of great photos and some interesting discussions as well but now I'v managed to go through all the pages so I'm up to speed again

Hopefully I have something to post from my trip soon!

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:33 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.726 #7 · p.726 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Salvador, welcome to this thread and hope to see your work soon.
Joakim, welcome back!
Mitch, nice lively Bangkok scenes!

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:44 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.726 #8 · p.726 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

rsolti13 wrote:

I'm so angry at VSCO, I wrote them a nasty letter. I've bought all their presets, but the latest one (just before this slide films one) was complete crap. Makes any images I run through the presets look ridiculous, but yet there samples look great. Upon emailing them they did nothing to rectify the situation. So I'm protesting the new preset pack

Anybody else feel the same way?

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:55 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.726 #9 · p.726 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for for your kind comments.

about 2nd shot: yes, I was in the water and my camera has to be almost at sea level to get that shot. I focus and wait the wave going away. Now, you are not surprised I took M9 to deep sea snorkeling on a small boat. I might be either silly or crazy, but a risk taker for sure.

thus, for people always want find mint copy of certain lens, I am taking beater from now on instead so it can go anywhere with me, thaaatttt issss my tool. my 50lux now is qualify for that since last drop In that sense, Zeiss and VC are awesome tool as well.

Mitch, I realized that photo is the same one pgs back, but didn't get the chance to comment last time. Thanks for your explanation.
Ryan, those are very familiar scenes. I have the shots in the same location last year. Beautiful place with great color.
Salvador, thanks for sharing your story. welcome to thread, make it home and share us pic and story

Aug 09, 2013 at 12:06 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.726 #10 · p.726 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
I'm so angry at VSCO, I wrote them a nasty letter. I've bought all their presets, but the latest one (just before this slide films one) was complete crap. Makes any images I run through the presets look ridiculous, but yet there samples look great. Upon emailing them they did nothing to rectify the situation. So I'm protesting the new preset pack

Anybody else feel the same way?

Feel the same way as I want to protest them...no. Feel the same way that 03 sucks compared to 02 and 01, yeah. 03 I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have used. 01 and 02 on the other hand I use almost every shot. And funny you mention that their samples look good, I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I went to the site...why have I never been able to get 03 presets to look that good?

Aug 09, 2013 at 01:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rsolti13
• • • •
p.726 #11 · p.726 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:
thus, for people always want find mint copy of certain lens, I am taking beater from now on instead so it can go anywhere with me, thaaatttt issss my tool. my 50lux now is qualify for that since last drop

So something good did come from dropping that lens, huh?

Aug 09, 2013 at 01:01 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.726 #12 · p.726 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

rsolti13 wrote:
Feel the same way as I want to protest them...no. Feel the same way that 03 sucks compared to 02 and 01, yeah. 03 I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have used. 01 and 02 on the other hand I use almost every shot. And funny you mention that their samples look good, I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I went to the site...why have I never been able to get 03 presets to look that good?

Thank you, at least I'm not going crazy. I sent them an email a while ago, I've just sent them another one today after receiving the promo slide films email.

BTW, just as I was writing this, I got an email from them, they're offering me a voucher towards the slide film pack, $15 for me being inconvenienced buying a $60 preset pack that's utterly useless.

There rational was that the Film03 set was built to emulate instant film, but still nothing I've tried has come close to what they have on there site. I've tried landscape, portraits, night shots, day shots, studio shoots on white backgrounds.. Can't seem to get those presets to work for me.

Anyone take the plunge and buy the slide film pack? I don't want to be disappointed again. You know, the whole fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

Aug 09, 2013 at 01:12 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.726 #13 · p.726 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
Thank you, at least I'm not going crazy. I sent them an email a while ago, I've just sent them another one today after receiving the promo slide films email.

BTW, just as I was writing this, I got an email from them, they're offering me a voucher towards the slide film pack, $15 for me being inconvenienced buying a $60 preset pack that's utterly useless.

There rational was that the Film03 set was built to emulate instant film, but still nothing I've tried has come close to what they have on there site. I've tried landscape, portraits, night shots, day
...Show more

Not a bad deal. I bought it, will play with it tonight...maybe have samples up later tonight

Aug 09, 2013 at 01:34 PM
salvaz
• •
p.726 #14 · p.726 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

My first M9 images. Also first time uploading.

Luis

Sussan at the LA Leica Store

Aug 09, 2013 at 03:06 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.726 #15 · p.726 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

They look good, congrats!!!!

Aug 09, 2013 at 04:59 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.726 #16 · p.726 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Yes, look very good! Which 50 are you using? I'm trying to figure out which one I want...

Edit: nevermind, I see you have the lux

Aug 09, 2013 at 06:04 PM
salvaz
• •
p.726 #17 · p.726 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I am using the Leica 50mm Lux. I was concern to shoot in low light but the M9 has
met my needs at 640 or 800 ISO.

Aug 09, 2013 at 06:08 PM
rirakuma
• • •
p.726 #18 · p.726 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Very nice Sal, looking forward to see more pics from you

Here's a couple from the last hike, the sun was really harsh that day and I didn't have enough time to look for a better composition but here's what I could get.

Aug 09, 2013 at 06:56 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.726 #19 · p.726 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you very much Edward, Ron and Ryan and for all the likes
Ryan, not married yet, and we will probably elope to Koh Samui and spend a week relaxing on a beach!
Mitch, thanks for sharing your PP'ing workflow. Very nice series!
Gary, love the detail in the shot! The 21 SEM is amazing lens.
Michael, beautifully rendered shots!
Ryan, very nice! Similar to Adam's experience, the VSCO film pack can be very difficult to use in practice, and I tend to revert back to Lr5/PS6 or C1 Pro. I find Color Effex Pro or Exposure 5 better.
Sal, congratulations and welcome! Very nice) Very moving story too, and I'm so glad that you can still share your passion. I have the RX1R too, and I still pick up the M-M/M240 in preference for shots. The RX1/RX1R has a fantastic sensor, but I just love the M style of RF composing and taking shots.
Rocky, beautiful images!

Shot last night at Broadbeach with the M240 75 Lux 3200 ISO

Edited on Aug 09, 2013 at 08:11 PM · View previous versions

Aug 09, 2013 at 07:31 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.726 #20 · p.726 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Salvador, welcome to the forum. Great start!

rirakuma, first one is excellent!

Charles, that should be fun. 3200 doesn't look to bad with the M

Adam...for you. Took some pics I hadn't edited yet, just clicked on some of the slide pre-sets and nothing else. I will say, this pack is not meant for harsh light. Not a single one of these will work for harsh light unless you want extreme contrast. This pack though is EXCELLENT for just your average walk around town. Portraits, forget about it. I tried about 10 portraits and only one had the right mix of lighting and all where it turned out decent

only portrait I liked...but I must admit, I love it compared to what I had before the preset

Fuji Astia 100 Portrait

Fuji Fortia

Fuji Provia

Fuji Velvia

Kodak E200

Kodak E100G

Agfa Scala

First thing that comes to mind with this preset pack....hard core

Aug 09, 2013 at 08:00 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.