Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              725      
       727              1061       1062       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

3D.Doug
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.726 #1 · p.726 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Joe, Ron, and Edward! I like the lens very much so far. I got a sweet deal in it, making it even better. The man that bought it originally was all set to get a type 240, and they kept pushing his arrival date out, until it was Dec. He threw up his hands, cancelled, and sold the two lenses he had already bought. I got one. If anyone wants a 35 Lux, I can hook you up with the seller. save about 25% probably off new. IF I didn't have one, I'd already be on it, well if I had the cash. Which I don't now, I'm spent. 2 Luxes, a cron in the last few months, and some Nikon stuff.

I like the building shot Gary, and nice kid shots Joe. Edward, lovely shot of the lady in the hat.

Ron, there are signs everywhere.. good shots of the stones earlier.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.726 #2 · p.726 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
That is a bit strange because mold is not supposed to grow in these conditions according to what I know. Maybe humidity is not the only factor for fungus growth?

PS: here's an interesting article from Zeiss website: http://lenses.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/en_de/website/service/fungus_on_lenses.html

You know, it could honestly be the environment in which I'm shooting. Or where I'm shooting. The last time I used my Contax645 was in a tropical rain forest. I'm gonna give the article a read, always curious.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:24 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.726 #3 · p.726 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much Doug!

Just an update about my Sonnar 85 that was sent to Zeiss for CLA. It is going to ship on Monday and the cost of repair is only 95 euros + shipping. Wonderful guys at Oberkochen and very friendly correspondence.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:26 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.726 #4 · p.726 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Gary, look like its drying up pretty nicely up where you are. Excellent set, #3 and 4 are my favorites. How do you like the 180/3.4?

Yes, the rivers have dropped quite a bit in the last two days but are still way above normal levels. There is a massive cleanup underway as many houses have been left with mud and debris. The zoo (which is on an island) got flooded and the hippo's almost escaped into the river! That would have been a sight. They were also considering moving the big cats to the Calgary courthouse which would have been interesting. But yes, we are now in rebuild mode. Hopefully the C-Train tracks get fixed so I can get back downtown to work.... The 180/3.4 is a really nice lens. It is a little big on the M240 but still feels pretty good to me. Very sharp and I will try it out on some longer landscape type shots shortly.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:34 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.726 #5 · p.726 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys. Gary, I did pick up an M9. The M240 just doesn't seem to warrant the price increase for what I would use it for

Joe, the 35 Nokton II I loved before when I had it. Yeah, its a little bigger, but well worth the size for what it gives you. When I had both it and the Lux ASPH I found the Nokton to be a hair sharper at f/1.4 and sharper f/2 on....not to mention no focus shift. I also picked up the new Voigt 21 f/1.8, new Voigt 50 f/1.5, Nikon 85 f/2 and Leica 135 Tele-Elmar, and am looking for a 35 Summaron and 50 Rigid.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:46 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.726 #6 · p.726 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Interesting lens lineup Ryan. Will be nice to see some of your images again... No lux?

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:59 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.726 #7 · p.726 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary I'm going to try the Voigt 50 out first. From what I have seen, renders very much like the pre-asph....but sharper. If it is anything close to the 35 Nokton II I will be very happy

Jun 27, 2013 at 02:07 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.726 #8 · p.726 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary: thanks! Like 3 and 4, the 180/3.4 APO must be a sweet lens!

Ryan: welcome back! Looking in their faces, is like looking in one! So much a like...

joe: the 2. looks like a lot of fun, the 3. a lot of nice expressions on the faces, very nice!
Although ISO 3200 on the M Typ 240 looks decent, they still have to catch up with the competition. But if we stay with Leica, it is a hough improvement to previous generations. It seems, that the color doesn't lose much.

My impression so far? Well, I truly love it! Because Landscape is my only interest, the packing size, weight and the superb quality of the lenses, I am sure it was the right decision. I have/had a terrific Nikon setup, but the size and weight was stressing me. I am 40 years right know and do a lot of hiking with my Husky, and I hate to admit it, but I feel that I am not anymore 25 years old. Therefore, when I am on a day-or multiple day trip, really appreciate the savings in volume and weight. Of course there are lighter and less expensive choices out there, but I just simply love photography, and it is so rewarding to "work" with the Leica gear. The build quality and the feel of the lenses and body's are simply in a different league, this doesn't make better pictures, but since this is a passion to me, it gives me more pleasure. If just "getting the pic" was important to me, I stayed with Nikon in the first place, it is the universal tool for just everything! The M9 generation with it's miserable battery, no live view and no weather sealing is by far not perfect, but the pictures I got so far, are for me personal rewarding enough. Because of the battery I am looking a bit anxious forward to the first winter, but then, this just might be the moment when the MP get's more use.

Doug: congrats to the new lens!

Ron: thanks! It's always fun to test new stuff....

Edited on Jun 27, 2013 at 08:47 PM · View previous versions

Jun 27, 2013 at 02:17 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.726 #9 · p.726 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I'm too behind in this thread to catch up on comments, but have been enjoying the photos and discussion. Family and property stayed dry during the floods.

Added a 35mm FLE to the collection last week, and have just ordered a CV12/5.6 from Camera Quest

M240 + 35 Cron:

L1001932-Edit by ryankarr, on Flickr

M240 + Noct:

L1001465 by ryankarr, on Flickr

M240 + 90 APO:

L1002231 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1002191 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1002149 by ryankarr, on Flickr

M240 + 35 FLE:

L1001967 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1002101 by ryankarr, on Flickr

M240 + 21 Lux

L1005218 by ryankarr, on Flickr

MM + 35 FLE:

L1009558 by ryankarr, on Flickr

MM+ Noct (0.95, ISO10000, 1/24):

L1009561 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Jun 27, 2013 at 02:37 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.726 #10 · p.726 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ryankarr wrote:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3768/9121047905_447101d77c_b.jpg
L1009558 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Love this one Ryan

And this thread MOVES and mostly just killer work from everyone. I look in and 2 sometimes 3 pages have been posted since my last visit.

35 Lux FLE MM at 1.4

Jun 27, 2013 at 04:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.726 #11 · p.726 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan, very nice set, but for me no. 1, 2, 8 and 9 are really outstanding.

Allen, where do you find all these beautiful doctors? You almost make me wanna be hospitalized

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:01 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.726 #12 · p.726 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, Thanks for the explanation for the Sonnar.

joe88 wrote:
Curious why you switched to the Canon 6D instead of staying with a D800E/D700 combo? You would have to change all the adapters from Nikon to Canon now?

Because I want a small FF DSLR set and can adapt other lens like Rokkor 58mm etc.. Theoretically, 6D with 35/50cron and 80lux is wonderful set. But it doesn’t work the way I expected. Now I am seriously look at R1XR

Ryan, Welcome back. You have a very nice copy of 35 there. That will be the set I will get if I build fresh, leave out 501.5 which is too much $ compare to old one.

RyanK, your selection of lens always top notch. Great set of photo! Color looks great on Peacock. I also love the those BW portraits of your son.

Peter, I have exact the same philosophy about Leica M, it is all about hobby and shooting experience. No pics made by camera or fancy lens But nothing wrong we love these spectacular photography tool.

The thread has grown to hard comment individually. I enjoy all the works posted here.

Leica 90Elamrit

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:05 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.726 #13 · p.726 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

LoL thanks Edward and I am truly a lucky man..
These are and were nursing students at that attend or attended one of university clients. She is one of many success stories and one of the feature articles in the universities up coming magazine. We use real nurses and real nursing students because the client believes it adds credibility to their ads and their articles.

And I have photographed some very attractive physicians also for some of my other healthcare clients.

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:09 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.726 #14 · p.726 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan - great set! Glad to hear you made it through the flooding OK and congrats on the new lens. Always interesting to see what is parked in the garage!
Allen - very nice!
Michael - great colors and like the second one!
Peter - I agree with your equipment philosophy and can sympathize with your experience of being 40ish. 20 years ago I loved large cameras and lenses. Now it seems much of my gear interest is in maintaining image quality but reducing the size and weight whenever possible.

A question for the 35 Lux FLE owners: How easy is it to nail wide open focus for an off-center subject? For example Allen's great portrait above of the nurse and ensuring correct focus is on her near eye. It's perhaps one aspect of the CV35/1.2 II with which I always had trouble because there might be some field curvature and focus and recompose was a bit of an uncertainty.

More with the Zeiss Sonnar... while out on my walk yesterday, there were the usual assortment of deer on hand from the local herd.

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:38 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.726 #15 · p.726 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I have to slip my glasses up to focus close (LoL) and I focus, recompose and I usually can hit it most of the time. I did focus on her closest eye. In my opinion the 35 Lux FLE is one great lens. It absolutely smokes my Canon 35L in both sharpness wide open and I prefer the Bokeh by a lot.

Another shot from the same shoot. 35 Lux FLE wide open again

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:42 PM
seekuh
• •
p.726 #16 · p.726 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I agree with airfrogmusic. The 35 Lux is one of the lenses that is rather easy to focus even when recomposing. I have much more keepers with this lens than with my others.

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:53 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.726 #17 · p.726 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments all!

Ron, another excellent set with the Sonnar and signages. The deer set is superb, especially the last two shots. Do you really need a 50Lux ASPH?

Gary you have put the 180/3.4 on my radar

Ryan, looking forward to your new lens collection. CV 50 1.5 is sharp. I had the older copy but sometimes the out of focus rendering could be jittery, but otherwise its a nice lens. Nikon 85/2 is a legend (and a Sonnar ), is yours the black version?

Peter, glad that you enjoy your new M9 with those excellent lenses. I think many of us on this thread are drawn to photography for the same reasons as you - passion for photography, otherwise we would all be shooting something else.

Ryank, excellent set and glad you are alright. Congrats on the 35FLE. The shot of your son with the 35FLE is my favorite from this set. Color pics looks great as well.

Allen, you brought smiles to many of us with that portrait

Michael, all roads lead to a M240 I didn't know some of the R lenses cannot be adapter to Nikon? Nice shot with the 90Elmarit

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:53 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.726 #18 · p.726 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nikkor 10.5cm 2.5 ltm

Jun 27, 2013 at 07:06 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.726 #19 · p.726 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Long story short, I got my M240 today. I'm not allowed to use it though, as my fiance said I can only have it when we check into our individual hotel rooms the morning of the wedding. So it's sitting in our bedroom smiling at me from it's cozy box. I think I'm going to take more photos at my own wedding then the photographer.

I've charged up both batteries though, and I've put a memory card into the camera, so I'm ready to go. Actually think I'm going to put the camera body into the dricab, since it'll be sitting around for two weeks if I don't.

Thanks again to everyone who tried to help me get one!

Jun 27, 2013 at 07:14 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.726 #20 · p.726 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Congrats on the wedding and the new Leica....

Jun 27, 2013 at 07:57 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password