Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              714      
       716              1004       1005       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

leonasj
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.715 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

f/2 and f5.6
last at f/2

M9+APO 90/2 ASPH

M9+APO 90/2 ASPH

M9+APO 90/2 ASPH

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.715 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Cool Leon the bench looks like its floating

Phil

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.715 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwin_sn wrote:
joe, here is my setup...silver with black dial ...taken with the iphone
/7288/8740840732_a2136a3d43_o.jpg[/url]

Edwin, Wow! one of a kind panda M9P!! Gorgeous!!

Jun 12, 2013 at 01:18 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.715 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

jojomon11 wrote:
Thanks Allen and Joe

Haven't tried the 1.4, was about to buy it, but figured I shoot 50mm or less 90% of the time, got one I could borrow to test it out?

Phil

I don't own one but have tried it. It works fine for 50mm. Quite a few of my Nocti shooter firiends use the 1.4x to help with focusing.

Jun 12, 2013 at 01:20 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.715 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Leonas, nice shots with the 90AA. One of my fav Leica M lenses of all time.

Jun 12, 2013 at 01:22 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.715 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ok, Leica HDR effects may be sort of a sacrilegious thing, but this photo needed some pop: Admittedly, it is candied up pretty good...

35 Lux stopped down to like f8

Topaz Adjust processed:

This HDR has been voted down at this point, in favor of the non-HDR post that follows I guess I just never normal processed this shot to give it a real try, because I now like the natural shot much more than this candied up HDR hack job I did. .

Edited on Jun 12, 2013 at 03:56 PM · View previous versions

Jun 12, 2013 at 01:49 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.715 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice rig Edwin, Ive never seen a black dial version on a silver

Phil

Jun 12, 2013 at 01:50 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.715 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Doug, am not a fan of HDR unless its subtle but I like the composition on your shot, nice. Share a non HDR version for us as well?

Jun 12, 2013 at 01:55 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.715 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I started to share that Joe, (thanks on composition!) and the version I have loaded to Zenfolio didn't look right. I'll look again and see what I can find. Even I really don't care a lot for this image, but I do like certain aspects of it. the composition is what really saved the shot. Interestingly, I have been to this location 50 times before, but not quite sure I ever saw "this shot" in quite the way I did that day. My focal point was the best breaking water. Those water breaks are razor sharp.

It wasn't my best photo day, fighting to get a few shots between rains, and fighting stupid tourists smoking at the location. 2 smokers in less than 15 minutes. That really pisses me off in a public space with expensive camera gear out.

Ok, this one looks a bit better than what I didn't want to show at first...

Joe, your right, now I like this shot a lot... Thanks for pushing me a bit! :-)

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:29 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.715 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice shots, Guys. I fully enjoy last few pg I were missing.

Here is my setup

Germany

Here are pics took with above setup under harsh light.
35cron F4

Jun 12, 2013 at 04:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

3D.Doug
• • •
p.715 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice pics of your cute kids Zhang. Your rig looks great! You have 2 different hoods on in the photos, right?

nice focus accuracy, and separation of subjects against background, good color.

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:03 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.715 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Damn Michael! I want a 35Cron 8 element!! Sweet setup and the M3, 50Rigid and 35Cron looks super minty!

Lovely shots of your kids, love the diagonal/triangular composition of both of them, excellent!

Here's one for a tit-tat for you. MY Viking inspired hot-rod Monochrom

Edit: Zeissman should be proud of me with my CZJ 50/2 Sonnar - the ORIGINAL and first version for Contax I RF

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:17 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.715 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

This thread is moving too fast

Joakim, I really like the industrial shot with the 28. Very nice framing.

Joe, crazy bokeh with the Nikkor. Love the last color portrait of your son.

Leonas, very nice portrait of the old man.

Allen, beautiful b/w flower shot. Superb tonality!

Phil, very nice tree trunk shot. Love the texture.

Ryan, the first color portrait is really fantastic.

Zhangyue, great shots of your kids. Always nice to see.

Joe, indeed I am very proud of you Be careful not to catch any fungus

PS: My Sonnar 85 is on the way to Oberkochen for focus calibration.

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:51 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.715 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Edward, I'll get some UV light cabinets I'm sure they will do a good job servicing and calibrating your ZM85. Hope it comes back soon.

CZ Jena 50/2, the ORIGINAL Sonnar This copy is prewar uncoated version, circa 1936.
Here's 2 samples, first @f/2, second @f/4.

Jun 12, 2013 at 06:11 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.715 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

whoooa.... I just realized LR5 is able to recognize aperture settings from the Monochrom!

Jun 12, 2013 at 06:23 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.715 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
I don't own one but have tried it. It works fine for 50mm. Quite a few of my Nocti shooter firiends use the 1.4x to help with focusing.

I have the 1.4x and it is possible to still kind of see the 50mm frame lines. IMO, it's a hassle if you're like me and shoot a lot of different lenses during a single outing, especially anything wider than 50mm. As was posted here a while ago, I think by Charles, the best solution for me was to find the correct diopter correction match for my eyesight. This was great when my RF was perfectly calibrated, but now it seems to be slowly drifting and I really have to focus by intuition, slightly shifting the RF convergence away from a perfect match.

Doug, you could open up the right side of deep shadows a bit and tone down the top left slightly without having to resort to HDR-style processing. BTW, IMO, I was much more prone to HDR-like high clarity processing with my ZM glass.. it just seemed to suit the mood of the rendering more. I've mellowed out somewhat with my Leica glass.

Nice gears, Ryan (that's insane!), Phil, Edwin and Michael!
Joe, that Sonnar looks awesome! Both the lens itself and the images. Is there much focus shift stopped down a couple stops? You're charting a very interesting and fast paced GAS course for us to follow!

Edited on Jun 12, 2013 at 07:14 PM · View previous versions

Jun 12, 2013 at 07:04 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.715 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
whoooa.... I just realized LR5 is able to recognize aperture settings from the Monochrom!

Thats awesome to know Joe! is it worth the upgrade for us mono users?

Phil

Jun 12, 2013 at 07:05 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.715 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
I have the 1.4x and it is possible to still kind of see the 50mm frame lines. IMO, it's a hassle if you're like me and shoot a lot of different lenses during a single outing, especially anything wider than 50mm. As was posted here a while ago, I think by Charles, the best solution for me was to find the correct diopter correction match for my eyesight. This was great when my RF was perfectly calibrated, but now it seems to be slowly drifting and I really have to focus by intuition, slightly shifting the RF convergence away from
...Show more

Yes I was looking into getting one, but wasn't sure if the high price was worth it to get .15 more magnification over the 1.25, so far my eyes are fine with the 1.25, will see in a few yrs when my eyesight starts to degrade more

Jun 12, 2013 at 07:07 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.715 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
I have the 1.4x and it is possible to still kind of see the 50mm frame lines. IMO, it's a hassle if you're like me and shoot a lot of different lenses during a single outing, especially anything wider than 50mm. As was posted here a while ago, I think by Charles, the best solution for me was to find the correct diopter correction match for my eyesight. This was great when my RF was perfectly calibrated, but now it seems to be slowly drifting and I really have to focus by intuition, slightly shifting the RF convergence away from
...Show more

I bought the 1.4x on Monday as I thought it might help with the Sonnar 85. I think my focusing accuracy is exactly the same with and without. One important advantage though is that magnification gives a more natural view of shooting a telephoto lens, almost SLR like. Without it the 90mm frame is too small. However, I don't think I will ever use it for the 50 lens. I can barely see the frame lines.

Jun 12, 2013 at 07:10 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.715 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
...Show more
jojomon11 wrote:
Yes I was looking into getting one, but wasn't sure if the high price was worth it to get .15 more magnification over the 1.25, so far my eyes are fine with the 1.25, will see in a few yrs when my eyesight starts to degrade more

I compared both and found that while the 1.25x allowed easier framing at 50mm, it didn't seem to be enough of a an improvement for focusing ease, compared to not using one. Granted, I bought the 1.4x primarily to use with 90mm. I guess it depends on what you're shooting too. A lot of my 90mm work is more landscape-like and usually stopped down, or near infinity, as a result, the magnifier was less useful than I thought it would be. For portraits I seem to prefer 50mm on the Leica. Maybe if I had a 75 Lux, I'd use it for that, but when I borrowed Andrew's, I never felt I had a really hard time focusing it because of the long focus throw. Some of the new, fast lenses with short focus throw are quite the PITA for nailing focus, it seems.

Jun 12, 2013 at 07:20 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password