FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              700      
       702              1382       1383       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.701 #1 · p.701 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you very much lenticular, Phil, Peter, Ron, Joakim, Allen! Your kind comments are really appreciated.

Peter, beautiful atmospheric photos! Superbly done!
Joakim, really like the 1st shot, the geometric symmetry and the old vintage feel.
Ron, very bold graphic effect there. Love the monochromatic treatment.
Phil, the 1st shot is so lovely!

Jul 14, 2013 at 05:56 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.701 #2 · p.701 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Phil, those are great! Lovely moment with your granddaughter and the Nocti image is so creamy!

As for Tim Hortons, they are aware of the overall problem and have put a marketing spin on 'educating' the consumer. It doesn't seem to be working. Some have proposed a deposit system, which Hortons has rejected. Considering the number of people visiting my street at 2-4am the night before garbage collection, sifting through recycling bins for wine and beer bottles/container, I'd think coffee cups would be popular pickings for the same crowd, especially considering how many one could stuff in a garbage bag vs. beer/wine bottles... anyway... [/rant]

This one I call "catfish wedgie"

And some other rock shots around the breakwater:

M9 & 50 Lux ASPH except last with 28 Cron.

Jul 14, 2013 at 06:42 PM
Grenache
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.701 #3 · p.701 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, great textures

Muc_martin, love the nuance in your dawn/dusk shots

Jul 14, 2013 at 07:52 PM
AshNZ
• •
p.701 #4 · p.701 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Lovely pics Peter S.

A few more from Half Moon Caye, Lighthouse Reef, Belize.
Leica M8

And a redo of one posted earlier - getting ride of the Cyan cast

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.701 #5 · p.701 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Does anyone have any recommendations on colored filters? I'm think of red, but any help in this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil

Mono w/Nocti

Jul 15, 2013 at 02:48 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.701 #6 · p.701 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Phil, I liked orange filters when I shot B&W film for a somewhat higher contrast look for landscapes (darker sky to make clouds stand out more) without being as overly dramatic as red, but noticeably stronger than yellow. Red will give you some pretty dramatic effects (making blue sky very dark) and can be useful for porcelain caucasian skin tones too. While I haven't tried it, some will combine red with a polarizer for even greater effect. Orange and red will make green vegetation quite dark, blue will go dark too. Anything on the yellow-orange-red side will go lighter. If you want to darken warm tones, use a green filter. For portraiture, the general 'rule' was yellow, orange, red for smoothing skin tones and making caucasian skin progressively more porcelain. Green is also an option for portraiture, but will tend to make blemishes more noticeable. It can add 'character' to portraits of men, though might not be flattering for women. Green and blue will make freckles stand out more noticeably.

Lovely rendering in that one.
Ash - very nice - the reprocessed file does feel better. Love the clouds in the powerboat image (the motor looks massive).

Both M9 & 50 Lux ASPH

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:24 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.701 #7 · p.701 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Excellent post from Ron about b/w filters.

I just would add that during my film shooting days, I used blue filters extensively for portraits. The results will be exactly the opposite of the current esthetical taste, but very unique. You will get very dark lips (especially with lipstick applied) and unusual tonal response to colors. Very artistic.

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:39 AM
muc_marlin
• •
p.701 #8 · p.701 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

lenticular, joakim, Phil, Ron, Edward, airfrogusmc and AshNZ, thanks for the comments and likes!

With pictures like my last post I really can see the difference from a photographic work monitor to the display from my MacBook Pro. All the fine nuances look with the photographic work monitor way better, the laptop look almost harsh.

This time I had a different approach to be there at time, I bivouacked on the summit! When I have the time I just love to do that, you have the mountains completely for your self. The pictures all from the sunrise, the sunset wasn't good at all.

Phil, really nice picture from your Granddaughter. In the second one i find the leg in the foreground a bit to dominant.

Ron, great detail and structure, the one with the catfish I like the most. We also have the problem with the litter even when there are garbage bins around. I also observed that broken bottles getting more and more, especially for people with dogs a real pain in the butt! In your last post it looks almost like the clouds in the foreground are moving but the sea is sharp.

AshNZ, very nice pictures, like Ron I like the clouds. Yes, the colors in the redo are better now.

Jul 15, 2013 at 08:26 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.701 #9 · p.701 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Edward, the shots of the 85 Sonnar are just excellent! Love the rendering and it look so sharp

Peter, those landscapes on the prior page are excellent. Great color. My favorite is #4 from first set

Joakim, nice shots from the Lux. I sometimes hate coming into work b/c most of the pics I have printed that I stare at all day are from that lens

Ron, a couple of great series. I really like your 'Timmies' mini-series. We also have issues with trash everywhere where a trash can is a little 'inconvenient' to get to. Its unbelievable. Yet the funny part is, around here the ones you see litter are usually the ones that are out hugging trees

I also very much like your last post on the prior page. The shot with the dark sky and building is excellent! Great mood

Phil, great shot with the CV 50. How do you like it? Both of those shots call for B/W...so I think you made the right call .

Ash, nice set from Belize. The colors look excellent, #4 is my favorite

Its funny how a camera I enjoy makes me want to go out and take pictures again. I was in a serious lull the last year or so and could have cared less. I decided to get an M9 again b/c I noticed that I just didn't care much. Well...that has changed. Is it the new-ness of a camera or just that I love seeing the results from the Leica...I don't know. But I sure do love this system

35 Nokton II

CV 21 f/1.8 next three

CV 50 Nokton II

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.701 #10 · p.701 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Now...a question on lenses from those that have used some of the classics. I recently took Phil to the cleaners on acquiring his 35 Summaron ...oh man I love this lens. I honestly didn't want to pay what these things go for, but glad I did now. Yeah, its f/2.8 but the way this lens renders is just pure beauty. I of course want a 35 Cron VI, but at over $2k that isn't happening. Anyways, for those that have used the 35 Summaron or Cron for that matter, what relatively fast 50 renders close? Is it the 50 Cron rigid? Does that have similar character? Is the Cron Rigid minimum focus 1m?

A couple of examples from the 35 Summaron.....

What other lenses give me this look Please...I need to buy more of them

more to come......

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joakim
• • • •
p.701 #11 · p.701 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes!

Ron, several good sets from you since my last post. I enjoyed the Timmie Trash set but the individual photo that stands out for me is the last one from the last set.

Phil, what a great photo of your grand daughter.

Ash, great colors and light in that set.

Ryan, great sets from the beach and of your daughter. My favorite is the third one from the beach.

From yesterday, a rather odd mix with the 90 Elmarit.

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:53 PM
AshNZ
• •
p.701 #12 · p.701 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
http://ronscheffler.com/samples/fmm9-2/20130712/20130712_0092-2.jpg

Both M9 & 50 Lux ASPH

Really nice Ron - hard to put my finger on why, but the composition is very good. This type of photo typically does not interested me that much, but that shot is great.

Jul 15, 2013 at 01:09 PM
Elisemkii

p.701 #13 · p.701 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ciao

Alberto

Leica M9 + 40mm Nokton f/1.4 @ f/1.4

Leica M9 + 40mm Nokton f/1.4 @ f/1.4

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:28 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.701 #14 · p.701 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Good stuff posted here last few pages!

Thanks for the comments guys and the critique it really helps me improve, esp. the leg in the foreground

Thanks Ron and Edward for the filter information, just ordered yellow, orange, and red for the 21 and 50 nocti

Please critique me all, esp regular posters so I can improve esp. comps, etc......I'm thick skinned and do double takes so I can learn

Phil

Edited on Jul 16, 2013 at 01:31 AM · View previous versions

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:55 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.701 #15 · p.701 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Ryan, nice landscapes, but the rendering w/your daughter is awesome! Man I just got taken

joakim nice B and W series, Im taken on the last shot, love the mid tones here

Elisemkii nice one of your daughter, how are you liking that nokton?

Phil

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:59 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.701 #16 · p.701 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Phil.

Alberto, nice portrait of your daughter.

An abstract with the 28 Summicron

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:12 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.701 #17 · p.701 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

adorable photos of your little princess Ryan.

Lots of great photos last few pages!

Jul 15, 2013 at 07:56 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.701 #18 · p.701 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very cool joakim, love how we can take something we take for granted and make something special of it, totally fits my muse. Did you use any filters on the triple set above on your shots? There is slight evidence of it or did you do it in post?

Ryan I love the CV 50 1.5 allot! But sadly my nocti takes precedence, but I love the weight and feel of it over the nocti for sure

Phil

Jul 16, 2013 at 01:22 AM
joakim
• • • •
p.701 #19 · p.701 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Phil, I've seen that lamp so many times but not until yesterday did I think of standing precisely under it to look if I had a motive. I didn't use any filter for the previous set so it was all done in post.

Jul 16, 2013 at 07:25 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.701 #20 · p.701 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Joakim, Phil, Doug

Joakim, very nice B/W shots....I like the tones in the plant shot

Alberto, nice shots of the kid....the Voigt 40 sure has a unique look

CV 21 f/1.8

CV 35 f/1.2 II

CV 21 f/1.8

After going out and taking these shots, I must say, the latest offerings from Voigtlander, 35 Nokton II, 50 Nokton II and 21 Ultron f/1.8 make for EXCELLENT landscape lenses. I haven't seen an MTF from any of these three, but it is hard to find fault with any of them for landscape purposes. In fact, I have a hard time finding anything wrong with the 21 Ultron even wide open. The 35 Nokton stopped down is as good if not better than the 35 Cron ASPH. It is without a doubt sharper across the plane than the 35 Lux ASPH I, I never used the FLE so I can't comment there. Has anyone seen MTF charts from Voigtlander on these lenses, I am quite curious

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password