Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              688      
       690              1004       1005       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.689 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice little write up by Kristian Dowling on the M240....

http://kristiandowling.com/blog/2013/5/3/leica-m-typ240-user-review

May 07, 2013 at 04:25 PM
joakim
• • •
p.689 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

aCIDfire wrote:
CVickery: I really like n. 1 and 4

Iīam looking to buy used M9 + 21/3.4 + 28/2 + 50lux +90 AA --> Does anybody have some pictures with M9 + 90/2 AA wide open?

Luka (denoir) has some here

May 07, 2013 at 08:16 PM
Bijltje
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.689 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

aCIDfire wrote:
CVickery: I really like n. 1 and 4

Iīam looking to buy used M9 + 21/3.4 + 28/2 + 50lux +90 AA --> Does anybody have some pictures with M9 + 90/2 AA wide open?

May I ask why your looking specifically for the 90 AA? Are u aware the 90AA has 55e filters and the others use 46e?
The 90 elmarit-m and 90 summarit use 46e filters as well.

I also have a question about long lenses:

I'm orientating myself for a longer lens after using a canon 85mm I borrowed. My longest lens till now is the 50 cron.
There are so many choices to pick from I kinda lost sight.

What I find important, I have both crons 28 and 35. I love the 28 because of its rendering and vignetting. The 35 is nice and good, but a bit dull compared to the 28 and I like the 28 way better.

The 50 cron also has its own look. A bit classic and not that great bokeh but I like it a lot.

I would like a long lens comparable to the 28 and 50 crons.

I tried both 75 and 90 summarit in the shop but as u might understand, thats inside a shop which means high iso's and not really great subjects. So I find them hard to judge.
Prices are great, as is the 46mm filter size.
Don't really like the minimal focus distance.

The 75 and 90 AA have a great appeal to me, especially the 75 because of its close focus. But both are pretty steep in price and it would mean I have to sell my 35 cron ASPH.

90 macro I tried and its a really really good lens optically. But I found it a bit boring to use. Also a bit to slow.
Also to expensive (3300 euro)

90/2 cron. Looks good for the prices (about 800 euro). Unfortunately not able to try at the shop so can't really get a grip on how it performs.

90/2.8 elmarit-m. Looks great with its smaller size and 46mm filters. Read everywere its a real great performer, but I find them to high in price at the moment (1700 euro)

ZM 85/4. Edward shows its a great performer. But I don't like it being 85mm for tight framing, also a bit slow.

U see, so many choices I'm not really sure what to pick

My question:
- Do anyone use a 75 together with a 50, and how does it work out? I'm afraid I will skip one and keep using the other instead of using both.
- Does anyone have both 75 and 90 AA. How big is the difference on minimal focus and aspect ratio? Is it a significant difference in favor of the 75 AA, or is the difference pretty small?
- How is the 90 cron pre AA?
- When thinking about the 28 cron ASPH, which of the lenses will fit it best (not in focuslenth, but in drawingstyle/ rendering)
- and last, what did u pick and why?

Lots of questions, but after reading so many tests I lost sight.

May 07, 2013 at 10:15 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.689 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I have the 75 Lux and the 90AA. Purchased the 90AA because I've always been a 85/105mm fan on SLR's and it's a focal length I'm comfortable with. Although I love the lens and don't plan on selling it, I found the MFD of 1m a little limiting for my day to day use. Which was a great excuse to pick up a 75mm Lux. I definitely appreciate the extra stop of speed and the 0.7m MFD along with a little more character in the rendering.

As of now, I use the 75mm wide open for natural light, 90mm for studio stopped down.

In practical use I've found a large enough difference between 50mm and 75 to justify carrying both, but if I'm trying to travel light the 35mm/75mm combo is great.

May 08, 2013 at 01:19 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.689 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Grandmother and Grandaughter love here

M8 & 35 summaron 2.8

Phil

M8 Digital Camera    1/30s    1250 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Edited on May 08, 2013 at 01:52 PM · View previous versions

May 08, 2013 at 02:32 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.689 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Edward, excellent sets with the ZM 85/4 on p.688. First set, #3 and 4, second set #3, third set #3 and last set #1 & 4 are my favorites. Looks like a really sharp and nice lens.

Cal, #3 with the 50Lux ASPH is excellent.

Phil, nice one with the Summaron. 2.8 or 3.5?

---
Mono & 21 Ultron in NYC.

May 08, 2013 at 03:17 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.689 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe with the 2.8

Thanks

Phil

May 08, 2013 at 03:20 AM
Bijltje
• • •
p.689 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ryankarr wrote:
I have the 75 Lux and the 90AA. Purchased the 90AA because I've always been a 85/105mm fan on SLR's and it's a focal length I'm comfortable with. Although I love the lens and don't plan on selling it, I found the MFD of 1m a little limiting for my day to day use. Which was a great excuse to pick up a 75mm Lux. I definitely appreciate the extra stop of speed and the 0.7m MFD along with a little more character in the rendering.

As of now, I use the 75mm wide open for natural light, 90mm for studio
...Show more

Thanks. The 75 lux looks awesome indeed. But its out of my price range unfortunately.

What I don't really understand from your story. U say the 75 lux has 0,7m minimal focus distance, but according to my leica collectors guide the 75 lux only goes down to 1m minimal.

Comparing aspect ratio's of all the current tele's the 90 macro is best with 1:6.7 (without makro adapter), closely followed by the 75AA with 1:7. Next is to my surprise the 90 summarit with 1:8.9 followed by the 90AA with 1:9. The 75 summarit it last with 1:9.9.

All are a big improvement over my 50 cron with 1:11.5 or the 50 lux with 1:11.3.

May 08, 2013 at 10:48 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.689 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Robert and Joe, thanks for the comments.

CVickery, no. 4 is very nice.

Phil, nice moment there.

Joe, perfect timing and composition with just the right amount of movement blur.

May 08, 2013 at 12:19 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.689 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Edward.

CV 50 1.1 wide open.

May 08, 2013 at 01:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ryankarr
• • •
p.689 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron: Love the first one from your fort set, the clouds really co-operated with that one.
Joe: Nice work with the CV50 1.1! I especially like the first one you posted
zhangyue: your photos with the little girl and the dog made me smile, along with the shot of your daughter on the swing.
Edward, looks like your having fun with the 85/4, I like the 2nd photo of the last set, great light and composition.

Some more with the MM and 21 Lux. I really enjoyed using it in Vegas, and it hasn't left the camera since.

L1008875 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1008894 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1008984 by ryankarr, on Flickr

May 08, 2013 at 01:50 PM
bruniroquai

p.689 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

My new MM!!

Sculptor por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

Sculpting por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

May 08, 2013 at 03:00 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.689 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Congrats Bruno!

May 08, 2013 at 03:06 PM
bruniroquai

p.689 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thaaanks Gary!

May 08, 2013 at 03:21 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.689 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Bijltje wrote:
May I ask why your looking specifically for the 90 AA? Are u aware the 90AA has 55e filters and the others use 46e?
The 90 elmarit-m and 90 summarit use 46e filters as well.

I also have a question about long lenses:

I'm orientating myself for a longer lens after using a canon 85mm I borrowed. My longest lens till now is the 50 cron.
There are so many choices to pick from I kinda lost sight.

What I find important, I have both crons 28 and 35. I love the 28 because of its rendering and vignetting. The 35 is
...Show more

Robert, I had 90 Elmarit-M, the lens is very modern and share 46mm common filter. F2.8 is about right that I can consistently focus it. However, I sold it for three reason:

1. For normal portrait, I can simply move my feet to get exact shot by 50mm without worry too much about focus error.

2. For long shot, I have found the frame accuracy is not good for my need, for 21, we might get 2% error over the frame, for 35, maybe 5%, for 50, maybe 10%, but 90, I got almost 20% error that changing with distance, it is too compromised for me. Since I have no plan to add M240 in near future. I decide part with it.

3. Rendering, I feel the lens is very modern, sharp and high contrast. It is almost a baby 90AA. It is a good tool, but is not the way I preferred now. Also, f2.8 is kind of slow. So this lens goes to the group that I donít really like it for no obvious reason.

For the time being, I decide to limit my RF lens to 50mm and shorter, If you let me chose, I will pick one from 90 pre-AA, 75 ELmarit, 75lux or 75corn. And I will get 75cron (sell your 35cron) if price right and if I am into longer focal length again. I know Luka didnít like it, however, I feel the lens almost a twin to 50lux, and a good match for 28cron: sharp and gentle with nice bokeh. I have seen many good portrait from that lens and I know it can do landscape from its MTF. I have recently find I start like 50lux more and more especially after it went to repair.

May 08, 2013 at 05:34 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.689 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I got the quote from Leica NJ, the hood $88, and aperture ring $40, and mount $798. These all are purely cosmetic fix. What will you do, guys? I am toward only fix hood and aperture. There is a dent on DOF scale which requires whole mount replaced.

Edwards, nice series from 85mm.
Phil, I love the photo, a wonderful portrait and story, the little girlís eyes are striking.
Joe, nice high contrast BW shot from Street.
Ryan, lovely set, you did the same thing I was in FL with only 21 biogon on my M9. But I regret I didnít shoot more 50/35 focal length on that trip.
Bruno, Congratulation! Like #1.

At least a photo

50cron Rigid should be WO for both

May 08, 2013 at 05:48 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.689 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice Michael. Do you have a pic of the damaged lens you could share? I would be tempted to just replace the hood and ring. Although a damaged mount could possibly throw off the focus accuracy?

May 08, 2013 at 07:07 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.689 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Nice Michael. Do you have a pic of the damaged lens you could share? I would be tempted to just replace the hood and ring. Although a damaged mount could possibly throw off the focus accuracy?

Gary, thanks for your reply. I didn't take any picture until I decide sell the lens The damage should be really
cosmetic but is not small as a din. Your reply remind me that I should give Leica a call to ask if there is any impact on focusing. as the mount itself seems intact. I just need you guys thought before my final decision is made.

May 08, 2013 at 08:51 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.689 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Ryan, Michael, Gary.

Bruno, congrats on the MM! Nice set! So which lenses are you keeping?
Ryan, great work with the 21Lux. #2 is my favorite on this set.
Michael, nice set with the 50Cron rigid. As to your repairs, it sounds expensive but I guess not unexpected since a new lens cost over $3k? I'll fix it if it were mine, and then maybe sell it off later since its already at Leica repair center.

----
21 Ultron - stopped down, this lens is way sharper and better than I expected.

May 08, 2013 at 08:59 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.689 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M240/summi 50mm

May 08, 2013 at 09:13 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell