FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              679      
       681              1381       1382       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rsolti13
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.680 #1 · p.680 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Michael, that looks like Savannah. Are you in town or here recently?

You guys and your toys....Ron and Joe, those lenses look like a ton of fun. Maybe I will give some of these oldies a shot.....because I'M BACK! I got tired of trying to use systems to save money. The rangefinder is the one true love for me

First lens I got in the mail is my old favorite 35....Nokton II

Wide open test and 100% crop.....I think its a good copy

100% crop

wide open

100% crop

Shot of the girl before bed, wide open

It sure feels good to be back with my old friend

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.680 #2 · p.680 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Hi guys/girls (are there girls?) .

Breaking in my new 75 APO Summicron ASPH on my M9:

Local wildflowers near my work over a fenceline at railroad tracks. Beauty is everywhere.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:40 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.680 #3 · p.680 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Awesome Ryan! I knew you would eventually come around. Did you pick up another M9?

Jun 27, 2013 at 03:27 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.680 #4 · p.680 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Edward, excellent portrait and colors with the ZM25. Alos like the ZM35 shot and your signature Zeiss contrast and colors
Joakim, excellent set with the Canon 35/1.8ltm, really like composition and rendering on #2 shot a lot, this lens draws beautifully.
Najibs, X-vario looks good, nice samples.
Ron, another excellent showcase of the 5cm 1.5 Sonnar! I think with well composed images like that, does sharpness really matter? The foliage shot actually looks nice to me and I especially like #2 with the background rendering looking like "flames". These Sonnars are really smooth looking and I see the same characteristics in my prewar versions.
Michael, very nice set and I love the 2nd shot with the 50Lux ASPH, excellent. Curious why you switched to the Canon 6D instead of staying with a D800E/D700 combo? You would have to change all the adapters from Nikon to Canon now?
Peter, excellent set. #1 is my favorite from this set. How do you like your digital M setup so far?
Ryan!! Seems like you can't walk away from this thread? Welcome *home* and hope you stay longer this time round! Not sure if its you or Phil who currently holds the record for most Leica thread comebacks? Excellent set with your CV 35 1.2 II. I think you asked me before and I really like the rendering and sharpness of this lens, only thing holding me back right now is the size and weight. So what lenses are you going for this time round?
Doug, congrats on your 75Cron! Nice shot.

------
Last day of preschool and older kids graduating to kindergarten this coming fall.

UC-Hex 35/2

ZM50P

90Tele-E (pushed 1 stop in LR5)

I find it hard to pair my ZM50P with some of my other older Leica lenses. The Zeiss has so much pop and contrast. Also had all sorts of EVF and *typical* digital Leica issues this morning - very low light levels and and my Oly EVF was erratic, at times showing scan lines (blade-runner?) and it also froze on one occasion. Not sure if shooting high ISO was taxing the processor too much, but otherwise the high ISO files seem decent - grainy but still quite usable.

Jun 27, 2013 at 03:53 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.680 #5 · p.680 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Looks like the kids had a fun time Joe. I will be trying the same tomorrow at my kids school but may just bring the D700.

A few from this afternoon....

35cron asph

35cron asph

180/3.4 APO Tely-T R

Jun 27, 2013 at 04:13 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.680 #6 · p.680 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary, look like its drying up pretty nicely up where you are. Excellent set, #3 and 4 are my favorites. How do you like the 180/3.4?

Jun 27, 2013 at 04:19 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.680 #7 · p.680 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Peter, looks good! #2 is a very interesting tree!
Ryan, I was wondering when we'd see you again after you posted the WTB M9 ad. Great set and welcome back! Reminds me I haven't been giving the CV35 much love lately...
Doug, congrats! Looks like a keeper - looking forward to more from a lens that is under represented here.
Joe, very nice. Careful not to scratch up that collector's lens. I wonder if your EVF has been bumped a few times? It's only a guess, but the EVF for my GXR went flaky with a very posterized image and lately is pretty much unusable. I think it was because I left it on the camera whenever I'd toss it in an unpadded bag and it got bumped around a lot. I'd need to try a second one to be sure it's the EVF and not the camera. Wonder if it's worth trying another Oly EVF?
Very nice Gary, the 180 looks great. It's a lens I'd like to find eventually.

More with the Zeiss-Opton 50/1.5 Sonnar, all wide open:

I was out again with the Sonnar today, with what was supposed to be quick errands run, turned into a 3 hour walk. I tried some shots in the woods, down paths, etc. and I'm not sure I really like the Sonnar's rendering for these kinds of scenes at 30-50 feet. There's a lot of unevenness of focus, etc. Where I'm happier with the lens (wide open) is working closer to MFD with good subject/background separation. Also at infinity it has a nice quality...

Jun 27, 2013 at 07:17 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.680 #8 · p.680 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you Ron, Joe for your comments!

Peter, another strong nature set. Favourite is 2.

Rsolti, very lovely family portrait.

Doug, beautiful vibrant colors.

Joe, the second shot stands out. Looks like they're having fun!

Gary, very nice set, but I really like the last shot in b/w.

Ron, love the color and the OOF rendering of the Sonnar.

Jun 27, 2013 at 07:27 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.680 #9 · p.680 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Joe, Ron, and Edward! I like the lens very much so far. I got a sweet deal in it, making it even better. The man that bought it originally was all set to get a type 240, and they kept pushing his arrival date out, until it was Dec. He threw up his hands, cancelled, and sold the two lenses he had already bought. I got one. If anyone wants a 35 Lux, I can hook you up with the seller. save about 25% probably off new. IF I didn't have one, I'd already be on it, well if I had the cash. Which I don't now, I'm spent. 2 Luxes, a cron in the last few months, and some Nikon stuff.

I like the building shot Gary, and nice kid shots Joe. Edward, lovely shot of the lady in the hat.

Ron, there are signs everywhere.. good shots of the stones earlier.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.680 #10 · p.680 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
That is a bit strange because mold is not supposed to grow in these conditions according to what I know. Maybe humidity is not the only factor for fungus growth?

PS: here's an interesting article from Zeiss website: http://lenses.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/en_de/website/service/fungus_on_lenses.html

You know, it could honestly be the environment in which I'm shooting. Or where I'm shooting. The last time I used my Contax645 was in a tropical rain forest. I'm gonna give the article a read, always curious.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.680 #11 · p.680 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you very much Doug!

Just an update about my Sonnar 85 that was sent to Zeiss for CLA. It is going to ship on Monday and the cost of repair is only 95 euros + shipping. Wonderful guys at Oberkochen and very friendly correspondence.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:26 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.680 #12 · p.680 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Gary, look like its drying up pretty nicely up where you are. Excellent set, #3 and 4 are my favorites. How do you like the 180/3.4?

Yes, the rivers have dropped quite a bit in the last two days but are still way above normal levels. There is a massive cleanup underway as many houses have been left with mud and debris. The zoo (which is on an island) got flooded and the hippo's almost escaped into the river! That would have been a sight. They were also considering moving the big cats to the Calgary courthouse which would have been interesting. But yes, we are now in rebuild mode. Hopefully the C-Train tracks get fixed so I can get back downtown to work.... The 180/3.4 is a really nice lens. It is a little big on the M240 but still feels pretty good to me. Very sharp and I will try it out on some longer landscape type shots shortly.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:34 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.680 #13 · p.680 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks guys. Gary, I did pick up an M9. The M240 just doesn't seem to warrant the price increase for what I would use it for

Joe, the 35 Nokton II I loved before when I had it. Yeah, its a little bigger, but well worth the size for what it gives you. When I had both it and the Lux ASPH I found the Nokton to be a hair sharper at f/1.4 and sharper f/2 on....not to mention no focus shift. I also picked up the new Voigt 21 f/1.8, new Voigt 50 f/1.5, Nikon 85 f/2 and Leica 135 Tele-Elmar, and am looking for a 35 Summaron and 50 Rigid.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:46 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.680 #14 · p.680 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Interesting lens lineup Ryan. Will be nice to see some of your images again... No lux?

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:59 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.680 #15 · p.680 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary I'm going to try the Voigt 50 out first. From what I have seen, renders very much like the pre-asph....but sharper. If it is anything close to the 35 Nokton II I will be very happy

Jun 27, 2013 at 02:07 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.680 #16 · p.680 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary: thanks! Like 3 and 4, the 180/3.4 APO must be a sweet lens!

Ryan: welcome back! Looking in their faces, is like looking in one! So much a like...

joe: the 2. looks like a lot of fun, the 3. a lot of nice expressions on the faces, very nice!
Although ISO 3200 on the M Typ 240 looks decent, they still have to catch up with the competition. But if we stay with Leica, it is a hough improvement to previous generations. It seems, that the color doesn't lose much.

My impression so far? Well, I truly love it! Because Landscape is my only interest, the packing size, weight and the superb quality of the lenses, I am sure it was the right decision. I have/had a terrific Nikon setup, but the size and weight was stressing me. I am 40 years right know and do a lot of hiking with my Husky, and I hate to admit it, but I feel that I am not anymore 25 years old. Therefore, when I am on a day-or multiple day trip, really appreciate the savings in volume and weight. Of course there are lighter and less expensive choices out there, but I just simply love photography, and it is so rewarding to "work" with the Leica gear. The build quality and the feel of the lenses and body's are simply in a different league, this doesn't make better pictures, but since this is a passion to me, it gives me more pleasure. If just "getting the pic" was important to me, I stayed with Nikon in the first place, it is the universal tool for just everything! The M9 generation with it's miserable battery, no live view and no weather sealing is by far not perfect, but the pictures I got so far, are for me personal rewarding enough. Because of the battery I am looking a bit anxious forward to the first winter, but then, this just might be the moment when the MP get's more use.

Doug: congrats to the new lens!

Ron: thanks! It's always fun to test new stuff....

Edited on Jun 27, 2013 at 08:47 PM · View previous versions

Jun 27, 2013 at 02:17 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.680 #17 · p.680 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I'm too behind in this thread to catch up on comments, but have been enjoying the photos and discussion. Family and property stayed dry during the floods.

Added a 35mm FLE to the collection last week, and have just ordered a CV12/5.6 from Camera Quest

M240 + 35 Cron:

L1001932-Edit by ryankarr, on Flickr

M240 + Noct:

L1001465 by ryankarr, on Flickr

M240 + 90 APO:

L1002231 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1002191 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1002149 by ryankarr, on Flickr

M240 + 35 FLE:

L1001967 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1002101 by ryankarr, on Flickr

M240 + 21 Lux

L1005218 by ryankarr, on Flickr

MM + 35 FLE:

L1009558 by ryankarr, on Flickr

MM+ Noct (0.95, ISO10000, 1/24):

L1009561 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Jun 27, 2013 at 02:37 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.680 #18 · p.680 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

ryankarr wrote:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3768/9121047905_447101d77c_b.jpg
L1009558 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Love this one Ryan

And this thread MOVES and mostly just killer work from everyone. I look in and 2 sometimes 3 pages have been posted since my last visit.

35 Lux FLE MM at 1.4

Jun 27, 2013 at 04:42 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.680 #19 · p.680 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ryan, very nice set, but for me no. 1, 2, 8 and 9 are really outstanding.

Allen, where do you find all these beautiful doctors? You almost make me wanna be hospitalized

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:01 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.680 #20 · p.680 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, Thanks for the explanation for the Sonnar.

joe88 wrote:
Curious why you switched to the Canon 6D instead of staying with a D800E/D700 combo? You would have to change all the adapters from Nikon to Canon now?

Because I want a small FF DSLR set and can adapt other lens like Rokkor 58mm etc.. Theoretically, 6D with 35/50cron and 80lux is wonderful set. But it doesn’t work the way I expected. Now I am seriously look at R1XR

Ryan, Welcome back. You have a very nice copy of 35 there. That will be the set I will get if I build fresh, leave out 501.5 which is too much $ compare to old one.

RyanK, your selection of lens always top notch. Great set of photo! Color looks great on Peacock. I also love the those BW portraits of your son.

Peter, I have exact the same philosophy about Leica M, it is all about hobby and shooting experience. No pics made by camera or fancy lens But nothing wrong we love these spectacular photography tool.

The thread has grown to hard comment individually. I enjoy all the works posted here.

Leica 90Elamrit

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:05 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password