Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              678      
       680              1061       1062       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jabberwockt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.679 #1 · p.679 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Swoop, nice contrasting elements in that photo.
Gary, the thing i tell myself to feel better about selling off unused gear is that whoever buys it will use it and enjoy it.

Two from the 35 Lux ASPH Non-FLE:

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:33 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.679 #2 · p.679 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Henrik, having a tough day?
Swoop, like the geometric composition and tonality.
Jabber, like the second shot, nice lighting and composition.

Apr 15, 2013 at 01:53 AM
joe88
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.679 #3 · p.679 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes everyone!

Ron, the RX1 35Sonnar seems to make my 35Cron ASPH grossly overpriced. I think the 35Cron ASPH is due for an APO treatment. Whether it will be reasonably priced is another story? I tend to shoot the RX1 with manual focus enabled on the front ring and use the "AF on" button like shooting a DSLR. In this way, I could easily move between MF and AF quickly. I find the AF quite accurate, especially if left at the center AF (not spot AF which I find inconsistent and tends to backfocus if there is not sufficient contrast or sometimes for reasons unknown). All I need on the RX1 is better battery life, a DOF scale for manual focusing, memory recall for last manual focus distance and maybe an option to switch off the LCD to preserve batteries when using an OVF.

Edward, I forgot that you are not a morning person Those 50P shots are superb! Those portraits have a very nice modern Ziesty rending but with some smooth classical look to it as well. Great shots.
Allen, more excellent work with the 35FLE and the Mono.
Very nice sets Jabberwockt! The 35Lux pre FLE shots are great. I somewhat regret selling mine. The bokeh is so much smoother on the older version.
Gary, congrats!! You surprised quite a few of us, keeping a low profile and skipping the M9 and going straight for the M240! Excellent shots! B&W conversion looking really good as well. I think you should consider keeping the M8, it looks to be in great condition.
Justin, very nice set with the CV 21/4.
swoop, excellent shot, love the triangle composition!

airfrogusmc wrote:
Did anybody else read this over at LL

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/i_will_not_buy_that_camera_i_promise.shtml

How much did Leica pay him to write that article? . Interesting read, thanks for sharing. I agree with him that the DNGs are quite contrasty coming out of the M240. I also agree with him and Tim Ashley that the rangefinder is sometimes more accurate compared to Live View with peaking. This is based on my own test shots so far. Unfortunately I do not have a PhD in Physics nor have an Epson 9900 to test print He could also write a nice sequel, replace the M240 with RX1 and I am quite certain that he could upset his wife one more time with another request to buy another camera ...

----
At our local library with 35FLE

then off for some ice cream with 35CronASPH and 50Cron

I used the Adobe standard profile on the above and these were shot with daylight WB in camera unedited. I don't really like the embedded profiles as they create an even warmer tone. B&W seems to be quite nice, although to me, the Monochrom still has nicer and "fatter" midtones.

Apr 15, 2013 at 04:00 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.679 #4 · p.679 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice Joe. I love my 35 lux FLE

From today

Apr 15, 2013 at 04:13 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.679 #5 · p.679 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Swoop love the ladies and their white hats and great color in both Jabberwockt

Apr 15, 2013 at 04:14 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.679 #6 · p.679 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe, thanks for your comments. Indeed I haven't seen dawn for many years

Very nice set by the way. Love the rendering of the summilux.

Allen, a strong straightforward portrait. Excellent!

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.679 #7 · p.679 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Ed a few more from yesterday

Apr 15, 2013 at 01:06 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.679 #8 · p.679 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Allen & Edward.

Allen, you seem to be in a prolific shooting mode with the Mono and 35FLE. Very nice set, #1 & 4 are my favorites. The earlier portrait is also really nice.

28Cron, my magic lens

Apr 15, 2013 at 02:36 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.679 #9 · p.679 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Thanks Allen & Edward.

Allen, you seem to be in a prolific shooting mode with the Mono and 35FLE. Very nice set, #1 & 4 are my favorites. The earlier portrait is also really nice.

28Cron, my magic lens

http://josephow.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v83/p1359571712-5.jpg

Thanks Joe and that is a really nice image and yes I would say it is your magic lens indeed and match that with your ability to see and thats when it becomes real MOJO....

This thread is my morning inspiration Great work everyone and thanks to you all sharing your work here.

Apr 15, 2013 at 02:59 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.679 #10 · p.679 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for all the 'like' and comments.

Sorry, I have been sloppy on comments photos. Have been using ‘like’feature to cover my laziness.

Gary, congratulation on your M. it seems many people in this thread preorder the M secretly. Please let us know how you feel about it.

Andy, Really like that first ‘homeless’? shot, it shows great bokeh and depth. Did you buy 50lux ASPH?
Swoop, the hat shot is great. A leica shot, I like it a lot.
Ed, very nice portraits from Planar.
Airfrog, nice street moment as always.
Joe, Your son’s portraits from M looks very nice. 35lux WO shot from Lib show jittery Bokeh from that lens. It may not a concern for street shooter, though.

joe88 wrote:
Michael, excellent portraits of your children as always. Love the candid expressions. Are you stocking up on R lenses? What do you think of the 60Macro and 180 APO Telyt 3.4?

Not really, I am done with Leica R. Maybe only one still left in my mind is 50lux E60, which is too expensive. With more experience using all different lenses, I have got a strong preference on my Lens selection to suit my need and style. Have no experience for both you mentioned, and both should have great optics, but too slow for a 60mm for me and I am not into Tele range You have the 60Macro, do you?

Initially, I bought those lens with using on M on my mind, but recently, I realize these are really build for SLR. For the way I am using them right now, at least this generation M won't fit me, for EVF delay and fresh rate and the way, feel about it. The shooting experience with OVF and fast glass just can't be replaced soon to me. My priority is capture the light, scene and moment with free of composition and focus, no AF can do it for me, no EVF are fast enough that not getting way between me and my subject. That is why I can't have only Rangefinder system as my sole system. Hope it make sense

Some more from FL

21biogon

50lux ASPH

Apr 15, 2013 at 07:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jabberwockt
• • •
p.679 #11 · p.679 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and the likes guys.

Michael, I bought the 50 Lux ASPH 4-5 months ago. At first I did not warm up to it, but over time it is becoming my favorite lens. I really like the way it renders mid-distance subjects. I'm not sure what the guy's situation was, he was just kneeling on the ground and all the people around seemed to walk around him. He looked so isolated even though he was surrounded by so many people.
Airfrog, great amount of details in that portrait.
Joe, congrats on Cron28. From a lot of the online comparisons I've seen the 35FLE is a noticeable bit sharper than the nonFLE. Boke quality is a tough call sometimes. For me, a lens that tends towards being smoother can be too smooth at times while a lens that is less smooth can render interesting "painterly" bokeh in the right situations.

Great to see pics from the new M! Looking forward to seeing more.

Apr 15, 2013 at 08:52 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.679 #12 · p.679 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue nice series

This is only a quick test shot just a few minutes ago.
35 Summilux FLE wide open. Not my 200 2L wide open but not bad for a 35mm lens I'd say.

3200 ISO 1/90 ar f/1.4

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.679 #13 · p.679 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I see UK M9 prices have dropped to £2,400 - £2,600 on eBay. When I last checked by, they were pretty steady at £2,900 - £3,000. This is progress ... P.s. still holding steady using my hi-matic...

Apr 16, 2013 at 09:50 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.679 #14 · p.679 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice Allen, Joe, Zhangyue!

Richard, that's bad news for us M9 owners. One more reason to hold on to it rather than sell.

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.679 #15 · p.679 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Richard, that's bad news for us M9 owners. One more reason to hold on to it rather than sell.

Let's hope most are out taking photographs rather than worrying about auction prices . The previous price was checked over many weeks (ahemmm...) but this new price range is just from now, so it may not be steady yet. It could well just be that there were a larger number out in the used market due to people getting their new Leicas, and it could well yet go back up / settle.

Apr 16, 2013 at 01:15 PM
Bijltje
• • •
p.679 #16 · p.679 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

With those prices (2800 euro to 3000 euro) it almost gets interesting to buy a second M9. One for normal use, and a cheap one for rough work.

Apr 16, 2013 at 02:20 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.679 #17 · p.679 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I have also been negligent with comments due to sickness and work, but have liberally used the new "Like" button

Hopefully my new M is here this week, getting a little antsy. Have a maternity shoot for a friend on Sunday and would really like to do some of it in colour.

Just one, with the MM + 75 Lux,

The Calm after the Storm. by ryankarr, on Flickr

Apr 16, 2013 at 02:41 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.679 #18 · p.679 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Ryan, sweet shot with the 75Lux!

Michael, thanks for the info on the R lenses. I don't have any at the moment and don't plan to spend crazy $$ on these lenses. Maybe its best I stay away and keep my wallet in a safe place. The 180 APO f/3.4 seems reasonably priced though.

-----
I may have posted this picture below in the past and hope you all don't mind a repost today. I took this on Sept 11, 2011 - ten years after 9/11 and it was literary steps away from where one of the explosions went off at yesterday's Boston Marathon (the finish line is just to the left of the church). If it weren't for our 5 month old, I would probably have been near the finish line taking pictures yesterday. I am fortunate but many others were not. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and loved ones of the victims.

Apr 16, 2013 at 03:23 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.679 #19 · p.679 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M9 - Tele-Tessar 85 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Apr 16, 2013 at 04:22 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.679 #20 · p.679 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe, glad to know you and your family are alright, as well as Steve and Ashwin.

Ryan, very nice shot of a peaceful moment

Apr 16, 2013 at 04:26 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password