FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              676      
       678              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

airfrogusmc
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.677 #1 · p.677 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Man I just can't keep up this thread moves so fast and so many really good images.
From a job on Thursday

Jun 23, 2013 at 03:15 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.677 #2 · p.677 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you Joakim. Interesting documentary about land travel in Sweden

Allen, is that an actor? Nice shot.

A few more:

M9 + Zeiss 50 Planar by edward karaa, on Flickr

M9 + Zeiss 50 Planar by edward karaa, on Flickr

M9 + Zeiss 25 Biogon by edward karaa, on Flickr

Jun 23, 2013 at 04:31 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.677 #3 · p.677 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very nice stuff posted here last few days guys Edwards, Joakim, Ron, Allen, Tag, Joe, Gary, zhangyue, and all!

Finally hit the buy button for the Voigtlander 50mm 1.5

Just got hired to do a wedding with nothing but my Mono (dslr backup also) in November, so I am pretty stoked! The family only wants B and W

Phil

Mono with the newly released Voigtlander 50mm 1.5 wide open (my new fav 50, at least for now!)

Still need to take it out for more serious testing, but so far loving! Glad I didn't get the Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux for about 4 to 5 times the cost! Plus the build on the voight rocks!

The visiting Mother in law!

Edited on Jun 23, 2013 at 09:21 PM · View previous versions

Jun 23, 2013 at 06:04 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.677 #4 · p.677 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Edward - was beginning to wonder where you were - nice sets. I didn't know there are vineyards in Thailand?
Joakim - cool! Nice that you have these travel options. This is something currently being debated here in the 'greater Toronto' area and the question of course is who and how massive public transit projects (primarily light rail) will be paid for. For all the times I've been to Munich, for example, I never felt I really needed a car to get around. Yet here in Canada, I would feel at a loss without one.
Nice moment Allen - he certainly does look like he could be famous.

Very nice, Phil! I think my new fav 50 is the Canon 1.4 LTM, for now... While visiting friends I had the chance to shoot a bit more with the 50, as well as the 35 (as seen in the one above). What surprised me about the 50, perhaps in line with my reaction to the 35, was that it's quite sharp wide open, at least centrally. Actually, I think it's pretty sharp wide open across the frame, but might have some field curvature, something that will certainly come to light as I use it more. It's a lens I could see myself easily using in place of the 50 Lux ASPH and being nearly as happy with the results. Perhaps not as technically perfect as the Lux ASPH, but with fewer of the 'character' imperfections of the Nikkor 5cm/1.4. Maybe there is something to its nickname "Japanese Summilux."

Canon 50/1.4 LTM:

Canon 35/2 LTM:

Light was through a very small window, hence the rapid falloff. The second 35mm image above IMO is a pretty good example of how this lens isn't great with putting your main subjects well off center, away from the central sweet spot - it's just not that sharp wide open around the edges (but might also be field curvature)...

Jun 23, 2013 at 06:25 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.677 #5 · p.677 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Ron

You really know how to make that Canon 50/1.4 LTM dance!

No fried chicken and waffles on the menu?

Phil

Edited on Jun 23, 2013 at 07:10 PM · View previous versions

Jun 23, 2013 at 06:29 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.677 #6 · p.677 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Yep, $205 SGD over here (which actually is slightly cheaper then what you paid, but still, quite a lot for a battery capacity wise Canon/Nikon/Sony would sell for $30-60).. The way I use rangefinders though, I think two will be enough.

Don't go testing the camera's weather sealing in those flood waters! Try to keep dry n safe

Jun 23, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.677 #7 · p.677 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A few from the lake yesterday....

50lux pre-asph e46

50lux pre-asph e46

50lux pre-asph e46

Jun 23, 2013 at 07:10 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.677 #8 · p.677 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Allen, is that an actor? Nice shot.

Why yes it is and thanks.More great stuff from you Edward. Do you watch Criminal Minds? He is a famous Chicago actor and a very good one at that and a GREAT GUY.....

He was the guest of honor at a VIP event I was shooting. I usually shoot a fair amount of B&W for a few of my clients.

Jun 23, 2013 at 07:13 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.677 #9 · p.677 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

great stuff everyone! Can't believe how fast this thread grows.....

This was my first hike with the new M9P.

Jun 23, 2013 at 08:07 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.677 #10 · p.677 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

all with M9P....

the bavarian way of live :-)

Jun 23, 2013 at 08:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rscheffler
• • • • •
p.677 #11 · p.677 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Peter, those look great. The water has a beautiful color to it and the Bavarian lifestyle certainly has its benefits!
Gary, really like the first one. Surprised you're not sick of seeing water?
Phil: in fact my friend across from me in the photos, she did order fried chicken with waffles. I went with pulled pork and just finished the leftovers for dinner tonight.
Joe, thanks for the comment on the Canon 35/2 vs. the ZM35/2.8. I forgot to include my opinions on this and basically agree with you. Sometimes the busier/harsher rendering of the Canon works for the wide open shots. The ZM has a smoother background rendering that at times seems a bit uninteresting.

A few from earlier last week with the Canon 50/1.4, Canon 35/2 and 28 Cron:

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.677 #12 · p.677 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks all for the comments and likes!

Gary, wow, flood looks pretty bad. The 50Lux pre ASPH set looks excellent! Nice pop and contrast.
Ron, yes Nikkor 10.5cm 2.5 is a Sonnar design. Love that B&W of your friend's son with the Canon 35/2. Dinner set with the Nippon Summilux is also excellent, very modern rendering. Looks like everyone had a great time out. Your pp with skin tones continue to amaze me and I'm not surprised of the lens's performance, especially in your hands. Makes me want to try a 50/1.4 FDn now P/s I think its not fair to put the older lenses next to a 28Cron, but nice comparison though
Edward, excellent sets with the Zeiss lenses. Really like #1 from first set, the ZM50P of the landscape and elephants, cowboy peddler and the 3D tree 85/2 still in Germany for calibration?
Joakim, 3 trains and a bus ride home? That would make my older son extremely happy! Excellent set with the ZM50P.
Allen, excellent shot, nicely framed and composed.
Phil, congrats on the CV 50/1.5. Excellent portrait. Wedding with Mono sounds like fun!
Adam, hope you get your M240 soon. Not a bad idea to get a spare battery while they are available.
Peter, fantastic starter set on this thread, beautiful! You put your new gear to good use and a well deserved glass of beer!

-------
Still getting acquainted with my prewar CZJ Sonnar 5cm 1.5. All wide open except #1 @ f/4

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.677 #13 · p.677 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Joe, wanna second shoot for me?

Lovely renderings with that sonnar!

Is that evening light on your son?

Phil

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.677 #14 · p.677 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Peter - beautiful landscape set. Very nice PP'ing. If that is the typical Bavarian meal - sign me up!

Ron - That tree set is very nice. Evoke's a nice, moody feeling for me.

Joe - Looks like that CZJ Sonnar is a keeper! Such nice rendering to my eye....

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.677 #15 · p.677 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A few more....

50lux pre-asph e46

50lux pre-asph e46

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.677 #16 · p.677 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you Phil, Ron, Allen, Joe, for your kind comments!

Phil: beautiful portrait!

Ron: very nice family candids. The colors are superb too. Yep, there are vineyards in Thailand, mostly in a few hilly areas. It's a recent industry though, but top French and Italian experts are hired, and the wine is actually quite good.

Gary: dramatic set, especially love the 1st shot.

Allen: Yep, I thought that must be him

Peter: beautiful nature set. The colors are gorgeous. And the last Kaese und Schinken shot is mouth watering!

Ron: very nice composition in the last set, and love the cool color balance and tones.

Joe: superb shots with the sonnar. Yep, mine is still at Zeiss. Shouldn't expect back before 1-2 weeks.

Jun 24, 2013 at 08:56 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.677 #17 · p.677 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

joe88 - My thoughts exactly! Great shots lately, I like the greens in your first photo with the Sonnar Jena.

Ron - The second and third shots look closer then the first, I like the third shot the best, to be honest. Which lens on third?
There's a reason why I'm bias. Lately the PSI has been really high here 400+ because of the forest fires the Indonesian government has been letting corporations start to "clear cut" the land to the south of us here in Singapore. So I'm really sick of seeing haze (leica glow), in real life, in photos, everywhere. Similar situation to what I'd assume Gary would be in. Hence me liking your comment "Gary, really like the first one. Surprised you're not sick of seeing water?"

Guys nice shots overall.

Jun 24, 2013 at 09:57 AM
muc_marlin
• •
p.677 #18 · p.677 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, joe, Gary: thanks a lot!

Edward : Thanks! Hey you even know the german words, but please don't forget the Weissbier

Ron: nice atmosphere! For this kind of landscape shots I personally prefer the Summicron for it's sharpness, contrast and color.

joe : do you get this look, feel from the sonar without post processing?

Jun 24, 2013 at 01:05 PM
wstam

p.677 #19 · p.677 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Hi,

Thanks for all the wonderful photos! I have not been doing any posting here for a while but come here to view almost daily.

I got my M in Apr. Within 2 weeks it was send to Solms for the repair. Got it back in May but don't have much time shooting with it.

Singapore is covered in haze due to the forest fire in Indonesia. Yesterday the sky cleared out. So went out to take some shots.

Cheers!

Jun 24, 2013 at 03:14 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.677 #20 · p.677 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Adam - I moved somewhat between the first (50mm) and the last two images. The third image is the 28 Cron. I agree with Peter that for general landscape use (natural and urban) I prefer the perfection of modern glass. The Canons are actually really good stopped down, which is typically how I would use them in such situations, but for the scene of the tree, it was dark and I wanted a bit of separation from the background. I did a bit more urban exploration yesterday around town and came to the conclusion that while the Canon lenses perform very well stopped down, there is a difference in color rendering and micro contrast compared to Leica glass. I'll probably use the Canons more for available light people photos.

That's unfortunate about the poor air quality... I can't imagine having to deal with that on a daily basis. The closest perhaps was during several trips to Taiwan where it was typically very hazy on the west cost, hardly ever seeing the blue sky. But that was 'just' smog and not directly the result of forest fires.

WeeSin - very nice - great color! I really like the last three. I'm struck at how clean the 28 Cron file looks. On the M9 it vignettes even when stopped down a fair amount, yet your M240 example doesn't show any. Was it specially processed?

A couple more with the Canon 35/2 LTM wide open:

Jun 24, 2013 at 04:53 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password