Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              675      
       677              1005       1006       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Bijltje
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.676 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Like your picture to.
Really like the rendering and colors of that cron rigid.

The place is called "La Defense". Some offices in Almere, The Netherlands (near amsterdam) designed by the dutch office UNStudio.
http://www.unstudio.com/projects/la-defense-offices

http://maps.google.nl/?ll=52.377387,5.215046&spn=0.002505,0.006968&t=h&z=18

The tax offices are located in the building. The have a quote "We can't make it any nicer, only more easy"
I think this is what they mean with nicer

The material is a sort of reflecting film placed on glass panels.

http://chameleonlab.nl/index.php

Apr 10, 2013 at 05:47 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.676 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

That first one is really nice Robert!

Apr 10, 2013 at 05:51 PM
Bijltje
• • •
p.676 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Since I'm browsing my old 18mm shots to find more reasons to keep it, I came across these two I think I never posted here, but who make me really like the 18 SE.

M8 and 18mm SE. Ricardo Bofill's house in Barcelona. We had a lot of luck walking by the entrance and getting in a conversation with a friendly woman.
She turned out to be his ex wife and was happy to show us around.
His house is an old concrete factory which he bought and build his house and office in.

Think there is a lot of 3D feel in this picture.

Both leica M8 and 18 SE. So more like 24mm.

For people who used both the 24 elmar and 18 super elmar; is the m9/ 24 elmar comparable with the M8/ 18 SE combo in terms of picture quality?
Or maybe more easy to ask, is the 18 SE without the edges comparable with the 24 elmar?

Apr 10, 2013 at 07:58 PM
joakim
• • •
p.676 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Bijltje, great b&w and also the first from the previous set.

The 24 Elmar is very good on the M9 but I have never used the 18 SE so can't compare them directly, here is one with the 24 from the archives.

Apr 10, 2013 at 09:02 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.676 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Robert, I think the guy to ask that question is Boris (bobu). While he's getting out of Leica due to the M240's live view implementation, he's worked with both of those and the 21 SEM. If you visit his and Philippe's (philber) trip to Patagonia, he may have some relevant images. Or PM him. BTW, I really love the color image in the previous set. Those above are also very interesting, particularly the interior.

Dexter - thanks. I think there is a difference though. Joe's concern is about lens-induced edge color shift. You seem to be referring to the overall feel of the files vs. the M9. I agree, there is a difference to the M240 files that reminds me of Canon's to some degree, due to an underlying color quality that might be inherent to the camera's color profile. A lot of times Canon files feel too red in underlying tones, and it's difficult to get rid of in some software. It's one reason I liked Canon's DPP RAW converter.

Michael - nice work! This is the first time I've seen such flare with the 28 Cron. Going through the images from this portion of the day, there were a few more with this flare, but most of the time, it was unattractive veiling flare. I find one has to be somewhat cautious with the 28 Cron. If there is sun outside the frame but shining on the front element, there is a fairly good chance for veiling flare. With the 21 SEM I rarely worry about it. It seems to worsen, at least with the lenses I've used, as the focal length increases.

Apr 10, 2013 at 09:11 PM
Bijltje
• • •
p.676 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guy's.

Really like the tree picture Joakim. Great those shapes of the tree with the snow or frost on top!

I asked bobu before indeed about his experiences with the 21 and 18. He told the 24 behaves even better on the M9 than the 18 and is almost on par with the 21. So maybe I should not worry to much.

More to worry if 24mm isn't overkill when u have 18, 28 and 35. And worry about funds

Apr 10, 2013 at 09:48 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.676 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Robert, do you use (and like) the 28 much?

I have to admit I have very limited experience with the 24/3.8.... but it's possible it might be a closer complement to the two SEMs than the 28 Cron, which I find to be the 'odd-lens-out' in my Leica line-up, in respect to rendering and color characteristics. If I'm trying to match up images for consistency across all of the lenses, the 28 Cron is the most unlike the others, though that doesn't mean it's bad. Not at all, which I think you'll agree. And as we've seen here, it has interesting rendering.

Apr 10, 2013 at 09:58 PM
Bijltje
• • •
p.676 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Robert, do you use (and like) the 28 much?

I have to admit I have very limited experience with the 24/3.8.... but it's possible it might be a closer complement to the two SEMs than the 28 Cron, which I find to be the 'odd-lens-out' in my Leica line-up, in respect to rendering and color characteristics. If I'm trying to match up images for consistency across all of the lenses, the 28 Cron is the most unlike the others, though that doesn't mean it's bad. Not at all, which I think you'll agree. And as we've seen here, it has
...Show more

The 28 is my most used lens and I also like it the most of my lenses.

Maybe it pairs good with the 24 since they are quite different in rendering and colors.

In bobu's topic u linked it shows at the end how much he used all lenses, and the 24 was the least used lens because he had the 28 and 21 with him.
The reason I start looking at the 24 is because I liked the FL with the M8 (18mm on M8), and I still have the 24mm finder

But back than I didn't had a 28mm equivalent. I wonder if I would pick it over the 28. To be honest I don't think so... So that might be my awnser

I think I go use it at the store some times and see how it fits me.

The 17 TSE gets even further out of sight this way

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:24 PM
edwin_sn
• • •
p.676 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M9P+50 lux asph

Apr 11, 2013 at 04:32 AM
edwin_sn
• • •
p.676 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M9P+cv15 SWH

Apr 11, 2013 at 04:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JustinZ850

p.676 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M9 35 Cron

Apr 11, 2013 at 06:41 AM
denoir
• • • •
p.676 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots guys Joe, very interesting to see the Typ 240 in action. When it was announced last year, I was certain that I was going to get it immediately when it was released. However I've been doing ridiculously little photography the past year so I'll wait for now - the M9 is more than adequate for my current needs.

Apr 11, 2013 at 08:16 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.676 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Luka, Nice set! I like #2 very much.

21biogon both WO

Apr 11, 2013 at 04:17 PM
dalegaspi
• •
p.676 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
I agree, there is a difference to the M240 files that reminds me of Canon's to some degree, due to an underlying color quality that might be inherent to the camera's color profile. A lot of times Canon files feel too red in underlying tones, and it's difficult to get rid of in some software. It's one reason I liked Canon's DPP RAW converter.

for a moment there I felt that you're a brother from another mother...because I had the same thoughts! ...the reds on the Canon files are just "off" (IMO) and the only software that could mitigate it is Canon's own DPP RAW converter.

A feeble attempt on architecture photography

Revel Hotel by dalegaspi, on Flickr

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:23 AM
edwin_sn
• • •
p.676 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

looks good dale

dalegaspi wrote:
A feeble attempt on architecture photography

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8266/8642318392_cacea2a8ab_b.jpg
Revel Hotel by dalegaspi, on Flickr

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:44 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.676 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Both shots at f/2:

M9 - Planar 50 by edward karaa, on Flickr

M9 - Biogon 35 ZM by edward karaa, on Flickr

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:51 PM
joanlvh
• • •
p.676 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Edward. to me #2 is so cool. I am curious as to what you decided about the 50 ZM 1.5, to keep or return ? thank you, joanlvh

Apr 12, 2013 at 05:11 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.676 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes everyone

Catching up on this thread,
Dexter, excellent set with the 50Lux ASPH and the joker 75/1.8 shot! Also like the perspective and angles on the architectural shot.
Phil, the old film treatment on the B&W portrait looks nostalgic
Ron, thanks for the tips on the color cast and the color moire.
Michael, excellent portraits of your children as always. Love the candid expressions. Are you stocking up on R lenses? What do you think of the 60Macro and 180 APO Telyt 3.4?
Edward, excellent set with the ZM50P. On #2, I presume it was dawn? Really nice. Also interested to find out if you are keeping the 50Sonnar.
Bruno, those high contrast B&W shots are all excellent
Justin, very cool street shots! Which version of the 35Cron?
Robert, excellent set playing with colors and angles.
Joakim, excellent perspective with the 24Elmar.
Edwin, love the first two shots with the 50Lux ASPH. Have you ordered your M240?
Luka, looks like its sunny in Sweden again Excellent set as always, #2 and 3 are my favorites. I think you'll really enjoy the M240 especially with live view for the type of pics you do. Might also make you want to take more pics, so don't wait too long

----
A few more with the M240 and ZM21B. Walking to pick up our older son from Preschool. Really enjoy framing the 21 with EVF. Downside is that it has a shutter lag of approx 0.22s according to tests mentioned in LFI, although sometimes I feel it was longer than that.

Apr 12, 2013 at 08:39 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.676 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A few more from Daytona's Biker's week. Mono with 35FLE. All of these exposures were pushed 3 to over 4 stops in LR4. Was testing pushing the files and yes, there is banding, especially if I increased clarity settings.

Did not use noise reduction in the above pics. As an example, the last shot was pushed 4.3 stops plus slight bump in mid tonal curve. See original exposure and also an approx 100% crop below

Apr 12, 2013 at 08:53 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.676 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe, the one of your son is great. That's quite the push of the MM files. Regarding MM banding, I read in this LUF post that Nik Dfine 2 is effective at removing it. I wonder if anyone here has tried it, not just with the MM but also M9 files that exhibit banding?

BTW, just read this 35 Lux FLE review by Tim Ashley... any thoughts on this? It seems the lens has some complexities that require consideration while shooting. Some of his comments remind me of what I see with the 21 Lux, and to a lesser extent, the 50 Lux ASPH.

Edward, that's quite the color in the second image. The rendering of the first one is also great.
Dexter, great curves in that image. It looks like a location with some potential. Yeah, I liked DPP for the most part. Not being able to do local corrections though was a bummer and meant a lot of work in PS for me. But one of the great features of DPP was the ability to manipulate the RGB curves individually. Tweaking red curve slightly was often enough to pull the reddish tinge out of shadow and mid tone values.
Michael, great moodiness of the church interior.
Luka, love the second one though it's somewhat headache inducing. And the ship really pops in the third. Such a great feeling of clarity, like being there.
Very nice Justin!
Edwin, I particularly like the first one!

Apr 12, 2013 at 09:23 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password