Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              651      
       653              1041       1042       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

wstan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.652 #1 · p.652 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Winston - very nice, and a spot I'm quite familiar with. Did you go across Odeonsplatz and visit the Leica store?

Thanks Ron - actually I went to the residenz after I took my 50 Cron at the leica store

Feb 23, 2013 at 08:11 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.652 #2 · p.652 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, nice set, other than first two, the trees shots are even more like Sigma files in my eyes, what is your recipes?

50lux from Savanah at night I barely can focus.

ISO640 and push another two stop in LR4

Edit: typo

Edited on Feb 23, 2013 at 05:14 PM · View previous versions

Feb 23, 2013 at 09:47 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.652 #3 · p.652 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Winston for your comment! Very nice b/w conversion with the buildings and boats shot.

Joakim, fantastic winterscapes. 1 and 2 are my favourites.

Ron, thank you for your comments as well! Very nice post-snowstorm set. I really like 2, 3 and 6. From the during the storm set, my favourites are 1, 2 and 4.

Zhangyue, love your son's portrait on page 651 and the black musician shot on this page.

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.652 #4 · p.652 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

WOW I just can't keep up with this thread. You guys all rock. A few more from last week. I plan on getting out again later today.

Feb 23, 2013 at 03:48 PM
Andrew Gough
• • • •
p.652 #5 · p.652 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

More from the shoot with Ron. Thank you for all the kind words, you guys give me inspiration!

More to come.

Andrew

Feb 23, 2013 at 07:41 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.652 #6 · p.652 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

One from yesterday with 90cron...

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM
JustinZ850
• •
p.652 #7 · p.652 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Too many awesome shots to comment on all I'm jealous of the people that get snow, I'm not a fan of cold weather, but I would enjoy some snow every so often!

Going to pick up a ZM 50/2 and a M6 to pair with the M9/35 combo when I head home for 3 days in late March. Will will visit Hong Kong on the way back to the Philippines during my vacation, so looking forward to shooting there.

I can't get out and shoot during this work trip, so going through some older shots.

Waiting for Customers by JustinZ850, on Flickr

Happy by JustinZ850, on Flickr

Sidewalk Fun by JustinZ850, on Flickr

Hanging Out by JustinZ850, on Flickr

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:41 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.652 #8 · p.652 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I just got a SOOKY-M adapter for my 50 Summicron collapsible, and it's a pretty cool little gadget. It's basically a set of googles, similar to the dual range summicron, and it allows me to mount my collapsible (or the front section of a rigid, if you have one) in order to focus all the way down to around 16"-17".

Here's a quick test shot at about 16", just to get a vibe on it. This was at f4, and you might be able to see that the center is pretty sharp. I probably won't use it often, but it's a cool option to have for occasional short mfd work. I haven't tested the long end, yet, but I think it goes out to about 3 feet, so maybe the total range is around 16"-36"ish.

Feb 24, 2013 at 01:01 AM
Dpedraza
• • •
p.652 #9 · p.652 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I just picked up an M8 today hopefully I can add some quality stuff to this thread.

Feb 24, 2013 at 02:32 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.652 #10 · p.652 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Feb 24, 2013 at 04:03 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

xpr.108

p.652 #11 · p.652 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M8 25zm (SOHO, NYC)

spooky by digital three-five, on Flickr

M8 25zm (Chinatown, NYC)

Let's try to eat him! Hand me that scalpel, please. by digital three-five, on Flickr

Took while on vacation in Hong Kong - M8 28

Just checking by digital three-five, on Flickr

people on the ledge (61st floor) by digital three-five, on Flickr

No mask on Tuesday! by digital three-five, on Flickr

Praying by digital three-five, on Flickr

Feb 24, 2013 at 04:11 AM
ryankarr
• • •
p.652 #12 · p.652 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron I just got my Series 8 ND filter from BH!

On a related note, a 60mm B+W F-pro filter can be used as a decent substitute with the 21 Lux. I tried it out with the red filter that I use with my Noct. No vignetting at MFD or infinity, at 1.4 and f8. Hood still screws perfectly on as well.

Feb 24, 2013 at 05:24 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.652 #13 · p.652 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Michael - love the mood of your night images. Regarding the 'Sigma look' it would be using extreme clarity and also pulling back on the shadow slider to block up the shadow values. For some areas of the snow, where I wanted to exaggerate the texture and make subtle shadow values more prominent, it was a matter of brushing on a +100 clarity and -100 shadows adjustment.
Allen - great work in both sets!
Andrew - always interesting to see what 'the other guy' shot during a walk, and you came away with some great angles from that installation. I love the look of the Nikkor in the first one and the Voigtlander also looks great. Just reinforces my belief that it's a great value.
Justin - very nice and great tonality. Nice to see such a positive reaction as well.
Dpedraza - yes, please do!
Doug - wow, that's a handy thing to have... seems like another reason to pick up a 50 DR...
xpr.108 - excellent!
Ryan - thanks for the info... I was wondering about the 60mm - thanks for confirming this! I paid a visit to the local store and tried to do the same with 62mm filters but they were about 1mm too wide and 58mm was too narrow. Good to know there are options beyond the limitations of Series 8.

Some more snow...

Everything was going great until I did these looking up...

28 Cron:

50 Lux ASPH:

Notice those two round 'blobs' in the upper right third? The back of the 50 Lux was a bit wet, due to snow getting in my satchel and in the pocket where I keep this lens. I'd noticed that the back of the lens was a bit wet but didn't think much of it. I guess pointing the lens up to shoot the branches was enough for a couple drops to fall on the sensor. At first I was 'oh sh**' but then, it's 'just water' . Luckily it was just a few drops and eventually dried out (had to do a bit of sensor cleaning afterwards to remove the water spots). Cool thing is they act like little lenses right on the sensor, and those lines within the blob are the branches. Would be interesting to try it with water drops all over the sensor.

28 Cron:

Feb 24, 2013 at 06:24 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.652 #14 · p.652 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I like that last shot Ron. A little water on the sensor could be a future artistic tool!

Feb 24, 2013 at 07:06 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.652 #15 · p.652 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Gary. Definitely something to keep in mind for a future project. BTW, I accidentally overlooked your photo above. B&W looks great and I really enjoy the moment and quality of the light. Interesting that he's curled up with an old-fashioned analog device (book) rather than an iPad, etc.

Feb 24, 2013 at 07:46 AM
seekuh
• •
p.652 #16 · p.652 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Andrew, very nice pics!

Feb 24, 2013 at 07:50 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.652 #17 · p.652 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Love the last one in the last set Ron.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.652 #18 · p.652 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Thanks Gary. Definitely something to keep in mind for a future project. BTW, I accidentally overlooked your photo above. B&W looks great and I really enjoy the moment and quality of the light. Interesting that he's curled up with an old-fashioned analog device (book) rather than an iPad, etc.

Yup - nothing beats the feel of a "real" book. We give our kids the option of buying ebooks and they always choose the paper versions. They have enough screen time as it is....

Feb 24, 2013 at 03:46 PM
joakim
• • •
p.652 #19 · p.652 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Winston and Edward.

Winston, b&w pillars photo is very nice.
Ron, I like the one with the 21 SEM and the following with the 28 cron. From the looking up exercise I like the almost graphical look with the 50 lux.
Michael, I like the last of your high iso shots.
Allen, #2 and #4 is very good. Kind of sparks your imagination.
Andrew, great set where I specially lines and angles in the VC 21photos
Gary, a very good photo where you caught the joy of reading a good book.
Justin, nice b&w street photos.
xpr.108, very nice set. I'm not sure I want to join in on the 'People on the ledge' photo

No nice light around today but here are still two photos with the 50 Lux.

Feb 24, 2013 at 06:21 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.652 #20 · p.652 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Fantastic work, everyone!

Allen, I really like 3 and 4 from first set and 1 in the second set.

Andrew, nice graphism in the last set.

Gary, lovely portrait.

Justin, very nice set. Well caught expressions and wonderful b/w conversions.

Douglas, looks like a very interesting accessory.

xpr.108, excellent job with the ZM 25, one of my favourite lenses.

Ron, the last one is superb.

Joakim, really like the 3D in the 1st shot.

Feb 24, 2013 at 06:45 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password