FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              633      
       635              2354       2355       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

ryankarr
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.634 #1 · p.634 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I have also been negligent with comments due to sickness and work, but have liberally used the new "Like" button

Hopefully my new M is here this week, getting a little antsy. Have a maternity shoot for a friend on Sunday and would really like to do some of it in colour.

Just one, with the MM + 75 Lux,

The Calm after the Storm. by ryankarr, on Flickr

Apr 16, 2013 at 09:41 AM
joe88
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.634 #2 · p.634 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Ryan, sweet shot with the 75Lux!

Michael, thanks for the info on the R lenses. I don't have any at the moment and don't plan to spend crazy $$ on these lenses. Maybe its best I stay away and keep my wallet in a safe place. The 180 APO f/3.4 seems reasonably priced though.

-----
I may have posted this picture below in the past and hope you all don't mind a repost today. I took this on Sept 11, 2011 - ten years after 9/11 and it was literary steps away from where one of the explosions went off at yesterday's Boston Marathon (the finish line is just to the left of the church). If it weren't for our 5 month old, I would probably have been near the finish line taking pictures yesterday. I am fortunate but many others were not. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and loved ones of the victims.

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.634 #3 · p.634 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

M9 - Tele-Tessar 85 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.634 #4 · p.634 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Joe, glad to know you and your family are alright, as well as Steve and Ashwin.

Ryan, very nice shot of a peaceful moment

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.634 #5 · p.634 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Joe, That is awesome shot. glad to hear you all are fine What a shame for those guys target innocent people.

Ryan, that is a beautiful rendering! One of most beautiful rendering Lens ever made! do you find need any compensation to nail the focus. So far, I am not very confident use M with 1.4 fast glass past 50mm. I have a habit that trust my eyes more than any focus system

Ed, beautiful Lotus shots. Clarity is great.

50lux ASPH f2?

35cron V1 f5.6
Waiting for Train. This(train ride) has been a good way to have a short rest for me not worry they running away during weekend

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.634 #6 · p.634 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

zhangyue, for anything over 50mm I'm using the 1.4x viewfinder attachment. My focusing is useless without it. I'm finding with the 75mm Lux that I'm swaying back and forth for final focus and getting better success that way.

Apr 16, 2013 at 01:40 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.634 #7 · p.634 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Joe, glad you're alright! It's definitely a very sad happening and likely will have consequences for larger running events for years to come. I photograph a Boston Marathon qualifier here for our organizers and can only imagine the headache of trying to secure a race venue with so many access points. In other words, an ideal target for someone wishing to do this. It's a different story with the NFL games I cover, with pat-downs, bag inspection, sniffer dogs... That all came into effect immediately after 9/11...

I've also been using the like button, so sorry for the lack of commenting...

Congrats on the M Gary!

Michael, I can better sympathize with what you have to go through on outings with your kids. I accompanied a friend with her 2.5 year-old son to an outdoor festival. She didn't bring a stroller or anything with wheels, which was kind of a good thing because it was packed, but it also meant we couldn't take our eyes off the kid for even a nanosecond....

Regarding the 75 Lux, when I used Andrew's, I found focus was pretty easy due to the fairly long focus throw compared to the 50 Lux ASPH.

Apr 16, 2013 at 01:42 PM
deang001
• • • •
p.634 #8 · p.634 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Some from the weekend ... M9 & 50/2 ZM Planar

L1001842 by deang0001, on Flickr

L1001731 by deang0001, on Flickr

L1001691 by deang0001, on Flickr

L1001674 by deang0001, on Flickr

Apr 16, 2013 at 06:28 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.634 #9 · p.634 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Awesome zhangyue! Love the 2nd image tones

Phil

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.634 #10 · p.634 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Amazing shots everyone. I apologize for not commenting the on shots, as I have been very busy, and "liking" the many excellent shots!

Joe, I am pleased that you are safe, and loving the color signature of your M240 shots. Contrary to a lot of critics, I am sure there are issues with the AWB, as was with the M9 when it first arrived, but there is no strictly correct WB, and really depends on the image or look you wish to portray. I am looking forward to when stock eventually arrives in Australia.

Gary, congrats on the M too

Ryan, the 75 Lux well calibrated is one of the easiest lenses to use with the M9. It has a fine long throw, that makes it easy to focus. If this is not working, the calibration may be off marginally.

Michael, great set of images!

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sirimiri
• • • •
p.634 #11 · p.634 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

You have to visually search just a tad to find the tear, but once you see it there is an expanded understanding of the moment you've captured.

ryankarr wrote:
Just one, with the MM + 75 Lux

Apr 17, 2013 at 01:20 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.634 #12 · p.634 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for comments and like.

Here are few from Laguna Beach from last weekend. We went to Disney for a 3 day weekend. It is mainly for kids. I was able to have a short walk before we drive back.
Here are few shots from 50lux, several minutes later, I drop the lens on Rock during changing the lens.

Its a horror story. I totally lose the mood to do a photo walk I plan to have. I don't want even think about it. The lens still works fine but cosmetically have three or four bump and ding. The great thing is I have start using IR filter for all my M lens as I feel it give me better color purity especially under full sun. Leica must really have used crappy CFA as Joakim mentioned in other thread that not fully block the IR. My filter ring get bumped and bent. it did protect my lens in this case.

The funny part is I was try to catch it before falling on Rock, twice. essentially, My hand was able to approach the lens twice and I almost got it. (I am aged now.) It is a expensive drop, I think I just lose $1000 from there. I will send off my lens and Camera to Leica NJ to have full CLA as planed long time ago and maybe do the cosmetic fix as well, I hate its look now.

The lens is not suppose to be in this trip. I didn't bring it with me. I told my wife pack 80lux for my D700, but she bring this 50lux. What a life. I guess this is a revenge since I keep saying I don't really like it.

Hope the story doesn't bore you.

Here are some photos:

50lux ASPH

At Disney hotel

Apr 17, 2013 at 02:30 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.634 #13 · p.634 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

What a horror story, Zhangyue!!! I got the goose bumps just by reading your post The good news is that the lux is still working fine, an amazing feat after such an incident, and a testimony to Leica's excellent build.

Apr 17, 2013 at 03:20 AM
joakim
• • • •
p.634 #14 · p.634 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Michael, not exactly a bedtime story you told us. I hope it will work out fine with the 50 Lux for you.

Finally spring has arrived in Sweden but this a photo from the last time I used the M9 before it was sent to Solms for calibration (roughly seven weeks now).

Apr 17, 2013 at 06:23 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.634 #15 · p.634 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and concern everyone! Much appreciated

Ron, I agree it would be hard to completely secure an event such as a marathon. I think a lot of us may have become slightly complacent 12 years after 9/11 and this is a reminder that we need to keep a lookout for suspicious activities all the time.

Charles, hope your new M arrives soon! I'm surprised that some users decide to ditch their M just because of the AWB issue.

Edward, that is one sharp looking Zeiss lens! Excellent!

Michael, sorry to hear about the 50Lux, hope it comes back fixed from Leica NJ. In the long run, it might make you want to use this lens more? Those 50Lux shots looks really excellent and sharp with nice vibrant colors. I also like the airport and reflection shot, looks like a nice montage. Also forgot to comment on your earlier post with the ZM21. Those first two street shots are perfect, well composed and makes me really interested to find out about the people in the composition.
Deang, really nice shots with the ZM50.

Joakim, nice shot! Hope your M9 returns soon.

Apr 17, 2013 at 08:19 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.634 #16 · p.634 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Very nice stuff everyone! I need to go out more often, but looking here keeps me inspired! Keep sharing all!

Phil

Apr 17, 2013 at 08:49 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.634 #17 · p.634 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Yes just killer stuff one and all...

Check this and all shot with the MM
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/04/16/daily-inspiration-405-by-allen-bourgeois/#comment-244110

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.634 #18 · p.634 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edward, Yeh, it is build well but I guess, if it is Nikon 50mm 1.8G, it will almost like new after this with Hood and cap on . With big focus tab like 50lux ASPH, it is very hard to hold it well and attach to the body. It happens at the moment I want to attach it to the body. I also have to blame there are so many beautiful bikini girls around

Joakim, Sorry about not so please Leica story we mostly hear, hopefully, it can make people more careful changing lens in field, especially Ron!

Joe, thanks for your kind comments. All those 21mm shot are shooting from hip and crop to 28-35mm focal length.

Allen, Very nice! Congratulation! It is nice to have a priority to see those photos here earlier than most people. thanks for sharing.

21 Biogon

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.634 #19 · p.634 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Michael, good "hip" skills Nice one with the ZM21B. How many lenses did you take on this trip?

A few more from the backyard this evening. First time the temp neared 70F this Spring. Can't wait for it to warm up.

The dng files are definitely more contrasty out of camera compared to the M9, but the colors need some tweaking. These were WB with a whibal card and mostly accurate as I can recall. However either the M240 brings out more subtlety of the lens color rendering or maybe Leica needs to consider making some adjustments to each lens color balance. With the same white balance setting, the shadows on my 35Cron ASPH was magenta-ish while the 50Cron as greenish. The pics above were adjusted in post.

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.634 #20 · p.634 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Awesome color, Joe. To be honest I don't understand all the fuss about the AWB being too warm. I never use AWB, so maybe that's why I don't find it a problem.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.