Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              621      
       623              1025       1026       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.622 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice Michael - how are you juggling DSLR and M systems while out/traveling?
Allen - love that light! It's only during the winter that I get similar effects around the house.

rscheffler wrote:
Seems like with pretty much any hard to find legacy M/LTM gear, prices are going up...

joe88 wrote:
For $2660 on a 21/35, maybe it more worthwhile to get a Tri-Elmar instead? Seems like older glass prices is still high (inflated?) especially the Konica M lenses, 35Cron 8 element and older Nocti. Contrast that to newer Leica lenses still in production, prices seem to have come down compared to last year? For instance I have seen 50Lux ASPH transacting in the lower $3 to 3.2k region in the US lately. I'm hoping to pick up a 35Cron ASPH if prices drop to $2k region.

I do like the idea of 21/35. It's something I've used for years on SLRs (20-35, 17-35, 16-35...), but I think on M I would probably find the Tri-Elmar more useful.

I've noticed what you mentioned about current production lenses as well - used prices are definitely more realistic now than a year or more ago. I've seen plenty of 28 Crons in the $3000 range, 35 Cron ASPHs in the low $2000s... but if there's a catch, it's usually that the lower priced lenses are not 6-bit coded, which I guess would add a few hundred to have Leica update it for you.

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.622 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks...
Keep'em coming guys and gals. zhangyue love the portrait WO

MM with orange filter

Jan 18, 2013 at 02:05 AM
joe88
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.622 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Allen, nice one. Looked like a spinning top to me initially. Edit: I missed the one with the orange filter above as I was editing my message. Really nice shot!
Michael, more nice 50Cron shots.

Ron, I missed out on a 35Cron ASPH on ebay which went for below $2k coded.

The Monochrom attracts dust like magnet and it seems much harder to clean if you read up on LUF. I probably want to put a 35FL lens on it without switching too often. I really don't like cleaning the sensors on my own. Never seem to be able to do it well with Eclipse and pedpacs. Which cleaning kit do you use?

I'm not an economist but I suspect part of the reason for more realistic prices, at least in the US is probably with the recent expired social security tax cuts which means take home pay for most people will be less this year. So some people might be scaling back on high end consumer items, or waiting to see how the economy moves forward, not necessarily limited to Leica. Could also be that there are many more mirrorless camera available now with excellent IQ without needing to spend Leica dollars such as the Fuji X or even a Sony RX1? Plus with the newer 5d3, 6D, D600 etc, you can now buy a used full frame 5Dii or D700 and a reasonable lens for much less than a year back?

Some recent completed listings
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leica-Summicron-M-35mm-f-2-0-ASPH-6-Bit-Lens-for-M8-M9-217961-/230911278931?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item35c3627f53
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leica-Summilux-M-50mm-F-1-4-ASPH-6-bit-Coded-EXC-NO-RESERVE-/330817408503?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item4d06410df7&nma=true&si=7k1RodpKqPuuyWPQpiUO%252BNBK%252BVY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130829158200?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Jan 18, 2013 at 02:14 AM
ryankarr
• • •
p.622 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 - I like the colour versions! Better than the B&W I think
zhangyue - love the 'old lady from Wuzhen' and 'a portrait WO' great emotion in both.
joakim - the zamboni is great, has a nice minimalistic feel to it.
wstam - the one with the bike shadow on the ground is fantastic
airfrogusmc - I like the brick wall, my filters are on their way (first B&H package was lost).

MM + 35 Cron ASPH, my newest acquisition. I've missed having a fast 35mm so much.

L1003254 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:27 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.622 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Zhangyue, Nice portrait of the old woman, and that landscape looks so mediterranean

Joakim, congrats for the new lens. Love 3 and 4.

Wstam, 2,4 and 5 are outstanding!

Allen, nice wall

Ryan, light at the end of the tunnel?

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:33 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.622 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M9 - ZM 35/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.622 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice set Ed really like #2

Love the moving into the light ryankarr

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:26 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.622 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Ryan and congrats on your 35Cron, excellent shot!

Edward, excellent set!

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:30 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.622 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Allen and Joe!

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:38 PM
joakim
• • •
p.622 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comment, hopefully I can spend some more time with my new lens this weekend.

Michael, nice set from Wuzhen and the b&w portrait is very good.
Ryan, congrats on the new lens and that is great photo.
wstam, last photo is great.
Edward, very good set and I also like #2 the most.
Allen, nice brick shot

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

zhangyue
• • • •
p.622 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Very nice Michael - how are you juggling DSLR and M systems while out/traveling?

Thanks for comment Ron. usually, for a half day out, or just play around, eat outside, I more likely will bring my D700 with only one lens depend one which one I want to excise I slightly prefer the output I get from my D700 with Leica R glass for my kids portrait. I also slightly prefer the way I took those picture, especially say: for WO at f1.4 or f2 at 35mm focal length distance, I can compose freely that way and don't deal with focus recompose with M, which will not work many case.

But, for a whole day out, or travel, I will bring Leica for sure. I especially like the size/weight and for shooting something like city, landscape, short but not close to mid distance portrait. The IQ is very high there compare to D700 I got due to the lens, sensor and Meg pixel. Most M lens I have having really good cross frame performance make them ideal tool for traveling. (I still have complain about color, but thanks for it so that I can learn to deal with it to improve my skill.)

Leica really gain my respect from 35cron V1 and 50cron rigid, which both are 50 years old. Those lens are just deliver either WO or stop down. given the size and build quality, they are just too lovely to not love them Sorry Joe, some time, mmy evil part take over They may lose to new comer if pixel PP, but they are awesome tool and never be a limit factor for not get good pic IMO: it most likely me the problem

Allen, nice pattern on the wall.
Ryan, very nice lighting: leaving dark side.
Edward, nice street captures.

try at least a pic.
90elmarit

"too short"

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.622 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

COOOOOL^^^^^^^

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.622 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very funny pic Michael! One from a walk this morning with 35cron...

Jan 19, 2013 at 04:31 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.622 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Seems the 35 Cron, in whatever flavour you prefer, seems to be becoming popular around here? Sure makes a nice walk around lens, Gary. Not missing your CV35 f/1.2?
Cool shot Ryan!
Nice tonality Allen.
Edward, I like the first one - there seems to be anticipation in the air... waiting for something. The bus?
Cute shot Michael
Congrats on the lens Joakim - I guess you're not breaking the bank with that one!

Haven't been shooting much M at the moment... busy and still have a NEX-7 on loan, so have been leaning that way only because I won't have it forever, and have been trying the CV21/1.8 more on it. But I did bring the M9 along on a walk the other day. It's interesting to see just how much of a difference the APS-C crop makes vs. full frame. And processing the NEX-7 files I find to be a bit different from the M9. Not as much pop straight out of the box. I wonder if it's the wider dynamic range packing more into the mid tones? Though perhaps not so evident in these shots.

As mentioned, the difference in field of view feels really huge here..

Jan 19, 2013 at 07:29 AM
denoir
• • • •
p.622 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots guys I took a brief photo walk yesterday - the fist one in two months. I really ought to go shooting more.. Anyway it was bloody cold and I wasn't really inspired so I didn't take many shots.. but anyway here are some

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.622 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joakim, Zhangyue, Ron, thank you! Ron, yep, waiting for the bus

Zhangyue, love the photo of your son. Not only the funny theme but the lighting and the right expression.

Ron, beautiful shot. I kind of prefer the one with the M9.

Luka, welcome back! Very nice set. All shots are outstanding.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.622 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M9 - ZM 18/4 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM
joakim
• • •
p.622 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Michael, very funny photo.
Ron, thank you and you're right it was cheap but it had gotten a good review on reidreviews.com and I thought it would be a good way to try out that focal length.
Luka, nice to see you back and a very good set where the two last are my favorites. I saw you are selling some lenses, I hope you're just downsizing your kit.
Edward, nice photo. I like the contrast of the temple vs the skyscrape in the background.

Here are two photos from earlier this week when I walked to the office with, surprise, the 35 cron IV.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.622 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Joakim. Nice b/w conversions. Really like the second shot!

Here's another with the 18/4:

M9 - ZM 18/4 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Toothwalker
• • •
p.622 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

denoir wrote:
Great shots guys I took a brief photo walk yesterday - the fist one in two months. I really ought to go shooting more.. Anyway it was bloody cold and I wasn't really inspired so I didn't take many shots.. but anyway here are some

Nice compositions, but I find the artifacts disconcerting. Particularly the blue halo around the metal part of the buoy in the first image.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password