Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              615      
       617              1079       1080       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.616 #1 · p.616 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joakim, Nice BW car set! #2 is my favorite too!
wstam, #1&2 captured moment. Like them!
Edward, Last one is very dynamic
Allen, another nice set of street captures.
Joe, #1 is great. What is the aperture setting of your son's portrait? 28cron could be my favorite lens from what I see so far from you guys. My next M purchase has to be this one.

Another 90 Elmarit shot from SF Zoo.

Three from Qingdao with 50cron

Jan 06, 2013 at 10:13 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.616 #2 · p.616 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you for the comments guys! I knew the dancer shot will draw some reactions

Joakim, love the composition and tone of the 1st shot.
Wstam, nice set of the musician.
Allen, great street photos. The 1st is my favorite, with the bicycle turning out of the frame.
Joe, very nice sets on the last couple of pages. Seems you have mastered the MM very well
Zhangyue, the bear shot is superb! Love it!

Jan 06, 2013 at 11:27 AM
JonasY
• •
p.616 #3 · p.616 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Too many excellent images to comment them individually, as usual.

Brought the X1 to the Swedish alps last week during a family ski trip. I had the camera inside my wind protecting jacket the entire week, wouldn't be possible with a M camera (and a bad crash would've costed me 1/4th of a crash with a M8...) or any EVIL camera. This allowed me to grab some shots I wouldn't be able to get otherwise. Having a true pocket sized camera and still have access to stellar IQ is really a winning combination. Here are some pics from the trip:

All with X1, Elmarit 24/2.8 Asph @ 2.8 processed with Aperture 3 + VSCO film.

Jan 06, 2013 at 12:01 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.616 #4 · p.616 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Good stuff on this page one and all.
A few more form the MM and 35 lux asph FLE...
Wide open

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:57 PM
joakim
• • •
p.616 #5 · p.616 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments Joe, Charles, Michael and Edward!

wstam, I like the first one of the street performer. The framing puts him in a context in a very good way.
Edward, I like the colors and composition in the first photo. Judging by that set it looks like your night started quitely but got wilder later on
Allan, I like #3 in both the last and the previous sets.
Joe, the one with your son on the bridge is very good.
Michael, I to like the polar bear photo and the last one as well.
Jonas, I like the first portrait

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:22 PM
joakim
• • •
p.616 #6 · p.616 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Today I went to a favorite spot nearby, a small floodgate at the end of a lake. The weather was gray and dull so I thought it would be a good day for running water and longer exposures.

24 Elmar, 35 Lux, 24 Elmar

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:27 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.616 #7 · p.616 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for comments, guys!

Jonas, IQ from X1 seems very high, I especially like the last one!
Allen, Another nice set, #3 is very nice.
Joakim, The last is great!

A fishing set from Qingdao by 50cron

None of them cropped. I was playing with composition and couldn't decide which is better

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:29 PM
AshNZ
• •
p.616 #8 · p.616 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A few from West Texas (ignore the bunnies)

Leica M8 | 28mm Summicron

Jan 06, 2013 at 07:56 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.616 #9 · p.616 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joakim nice..

zhangyue, I personally I like #2 and the last one but I thing that composition can be a very personal thng and can help define a photographers style so you pick because you have some really good choices.

AshNZ nice series. Good to see more folks posting.

Jan 06, 2013 at 08:11 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.616 #10 · p.616 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joakim wrote:
Judging by that set it looks like your night started quitely but got wilder later on

You can say that, Joakim

Jonas, I like the car shot the most. Beautiful.
Allen, first and third are outstanding.
Joakim, love the dynamic in the third shot.
Zhangyue, I like the framing of the 4th shot the most.
AshNZ, love your style. Luckily you weren't run over by a car when you had to lie on your belly in the middle of the road to take the fifth shot

Jan 07, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.616 #11 · p.616 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ZM 35/2

Jan 07, 2013 at 11:37 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.616 #12 · p.616 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ZM 35/2 and 85/4

Jan 07, 2013 at 11:38 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.616 #13 · p.616 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ZM 35/2

Jan 07, 2013 at 11:39 AM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.616 #14 · p.616 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hey birthday boy!

Are you on vacation? That does not look like BeeKayKay.
/ Henrik

Jan 07, 2013 at 02:53 PM
wstam

p.616 #15 · p.616 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments. I enjoy watching the performer playing his drum. The next day I saw a group of people dancing with his drum beats. Love the joyful mood there. Unfortunately all photos taken on them have highlights badly blown. Very contrasty scene.

zm35f2.

Jan 07, 2013 at 03:49 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.616 #16 · p.616 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

WeeSin: The solution is very simple. Get to know what exposure combinations you can use with the M9 in direct sunlight without blowing highlights and simply use the camera in manual exposure mode. In post, lift the shadows to taste. There is not much need for auto exposure in such situations as it will tend to overexpose for the shadows and sacrifice highlights. Also, if the light is constant/consistent, once you know the correct exposure, there is no need to change it. Auto exposure will constantly fluctuate exposure based on the reflective value of the scene even though the light intensity remains constant, which can result in more work later in post trying to equalize the changes from image to image.

I think it's been pretty well documented in this thread and elsewhere that one should avoid blowing highlights with the M9. While I've found I can pull them back somewhat in LR, avoiding clipping and brightening mid tones and shadows in post seems to work better for me. A compounding issue while shooting is that the M9's LCD is quite a poor indicator of image tonality. It has a tendency to appear very high contrast with blocked up shadows, which encourages setting brighter exposure settings, when in actuality the darker images retain a good amount of recoverable tonality. It might also help to turn on the highlight clipping feature. At least compared to the Canon cameras I use, it works when zoomed in on details, so you can at least get a pretty good sense of how close small, but possibly important, highlight regions are to clipping.

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:11 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.616 #17 · p.616 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great suggestions Ron. I have been learning to use my M8 in Manual mode when faced with difficult lighting conditions and it sure does help. Recovering blown highlights on my M8 is terrible. There is really not that much leeway until the image starts to look like crap. However, shadow recovery is actually very good with the DNG files. It is a quirky camera but the journey is half the fun - right?

For those who recall, I was inquiring here about getting a few of my lenses coded. I ended up sending the mounts to Jon Milich in the US to mill the coding grooves. Just wanted to let everyone know that he did a superb job and turnaround time was under two weeks. At $50/flange this can be an attractive alternative for some. Highly recommended.

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:26 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.616 #18 · p.616 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

kosmoskatten wrote:
Hey birthday boy!

Are you on vacation? That does not look like BeeKayKay.
/ Henrik

Unfortunately the vacation is over. Back to beekaykay 3 days ago. That was back home where I spent the holidays with the family.

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:35 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.616 #19 · p.616 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

That's good to know Gary. I guess it shouldn't matter if the flanges are from Leica, Zeiss or CV...?
It's one of the small but actually significant peeves I have now with using non-Leica (factory) coded lenses. Either the marker ink wears off or I set the coding manually in the camera, then change lenses and forget to change coding back to auto.

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:40 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.616 #20 · p.616 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
That's good to know Gary. I guess it shouldn't matter if the flanges are from Leica, Zeiss or CV...?
It's one of the small but actually significant peeves I have now with using non-Leica (factory) coded lenses. Either the marker ink wears off or I set the coding manually in the camera, then change lenses and forget to change coding back to auto.

I created custom profile for each of my un coded lens. Though it still require you remember to do manually with changing lens but much faster than manually enter lens info for sure.

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:50 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password