Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              525      
       527              1077       1078       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.526 #1 · p.526 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jonas - I have no idea what the car is, but the rendering looks great!
Charles - great sets! Love the last of the first set and the first of the second set - the glow of the Nocti is really complementary!

Thanks Hilmar and Charles! Luck is always good.

Last night was the monthly art crawl downtown and decided to check it out again.

All were M9 & 21 Lux wide open, some cropped a bit. I had some luck zone focusing, such as in the first and second images in this set. I like to shoot at about chest height so the point of view is a bit more immersed at average subject height. I'm 6'3" and often don't like the higher 'looking over people's heads' perspective for these kinds of images. Bringing the camera up to the eye also costs a few seconds and seems to be a peripheral vision trigger that causes a lot of people to take notice. Not that I'm trying to be sneaky, rather, discreet. It can be difficult when working within 1-1.5m with a 21mm on FF.

Jun 09, 2012 at 08:48 PM
charles.K
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.526 #2 · p.526 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hilmar and Ron, thank you very much

Ron, I have read recently, that for B&W conversions destined for SEP II, it is better not to use any clarity in LR 4/CS in developing the shots, but instead use the SEP II structure controls, as these are meant to be a lot more refined.

Jonas, nice rendering and roll off! I still think one of the real strengths of the M8 is B&W at or near base ISO's. I cannot guess the car though!

Ron, very nice set! I really like the perspective from the chest as the people seem more connected. It is fun guessing the focus, and amazing how accurate it can be

Jun 10, 2012 at 01:15 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.526 #3 · p.526 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Charles. Interesting tip, though at this time no plans for delving into SEP. I guess tastes change, but lately I generally find myself backing off clarity, at least with wide open images because it has a tendency to distort rendition of out of focus backgrounds/foregrounds.

Couldn't decide which of these two I like better...

Again all with the 21 Lux, some cropped a bit.

Jun 10, 2012 at 04:31 AM
seekuh
• •
p.526 #4 · p.526 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
All were M9 & 21 Lux wide open, some cropped a bit. I had some luck zone focusing, such as in the first and second images in this set. I like to shoot at about chest height so the point of view is a bit more immersed at average subject height. I'm 6'3" and often don't like the higher 'looking over people's heads' perspective for these kinds of images. Bringing the camera up to the eye also costs a few seconds and seems to be a peripheral vision trigger that causes a lot of people to take notice. Not that
...Show more

I absolutely agree, Ron, since I am about as tall as you are. I guess in terms of shooting with a rangefinder camera it would be preferable not be that tall.

Jun 10, 2012 at 07:08 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.526 #5 · p.526 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, great shots with the 21 Lux!!! Particularly the first shot

Shots from this very wet afternoon, bush walking at Natural Bridge, Springbrook National Park. First shot 50 Noct and the rest 24 Lux

Jun 10, 2012 at 08:40 AM
joakim
• • •
p.526 #6 · p.526 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

JonasY wrote:
M8, ZM35/2. Definitely one of my favorites with this combo so far ... Bonus points if you recognize the car!

Vauxhall?

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.526 #7 · p.526 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice portrait of the couple drinking coffee Ron.
Looks like a great location Charles, can you get down to water level?

Here are a couple from roaming the streets of Melbourne with Natalie Portman on Saturday

Jun 10, 2012 at 03:38 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.526 #8 · p.526 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Charles - looks like an interesting place to explore!
Dan - Natalie Portman?!? I like it, and your B&W treatment.

21 Lux except second with 28 Cron, cropped a bit.

Jun 10, 2012 at 05:17 PM
charles.K
• • • •
p.526 #9 · p.526 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys!
Dan, very cool shot of Natalie! Love the last shot.
Natural Bridge, there are restrictions now where you can walk, so it is a shame. Apparently people use to jump of the edge of cave into the waterfall's deep pool during Summer
Ron, another excellent street set, particularly #2 and 3

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:37 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.526 #10 · p.526 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Haha my apologies, it's not really Natalie Portman. My friend looks remarkably like her. However, if you met this girl in person the 4 long dread locks would probably differentiate her enough to avoid confusion

Jun 11, 2012 at 02:17 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rscheffler
• • • •
p.526 #11 · p.526 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I was wondering... but yes, she does have a striking resemblance in that image.

Wrapping up the art crawl evening...

Again, the most used lens of the evening was the 21, but in this set the second image was the 28 Cron and third was the 50 Lux.

Edit: is the first image getting squashed into a vertical for anyone else other than me?
Edit2: seems to be resolved now...

Edited on Jun 11, 2012 at 03:13 PM · View previous versions

Jun 11, 2012 at 05:12 AM
Tri Tran
• • • • •
p.526 #12 · p.526 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

JonasY wrote:
http://ytterfors.se/bilder/2012/L1010935.jpg

M8, ZM35/2. Definitely one of my favorites with this combo so far ... Bonus points if you recognize the car!

BMW 2002?

Jun 11, 2012 at 06:23 AM
JonasY
• •
p.526 #13 · p.526 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joakim wrote:
Vauxhall?

No ...

Tri Tran wrote:
BMW 2002?

... closer, good guess. BMW 2800.

Jun 11, 2012 at 06:32 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.526 #14 · p.526 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Dan, yes I gathered it must have been a double
Ron, working magic with the 21 Lux Great job with the lighting and WB!

Jonas, yes the BMW 2800! Nicely rendered shot

Shots from yesterday, with the 24 Lux and 50 Nocti f/1.0

Jun 11, 2012 at 07:48 AM
Ajay C
• • •
p.526 #15 · p.526 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Excellent shots Charles, Ron..

Charles, you are one prolific shooter. Amazing that you always have something nice to post!

Jun 11, 2012 at 02:11 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.526 #16 · p.526 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots everyone!

Probably missed a few shots, but here's my quick attempt looking at the past few pages. Apologies if I missed some post.

Ron, nice continual testing on those older lenses in comparison with the 50Lux. The 5cm lens worked well on the 1812 set. Those older lenses can be a creative tool for when we want to achieve a "look". Thanks for sharing. The last post with the 21Lux is superb, plus nice pop and separation with a 21mm lens! You really controlled the perspective and distortion well on these shots. On your 2nd last post, last 2 shots I kind of prefer the first one, as I feel the diagonals on the first shot create a more dynamic composition for me, but both excellent shots.
Charles, excellent shots in the past few pages! Those 50 Nocti shots from the beach are superb! The scenes from the National park are also very nice. Also, nice to see you shooting with the 28Cron, agree with everyone here that its a wonderful lens.
Bruno, love the Brick Lane composition! Also like the high contrast B&W tones.
Luka, very interesting and nice long exposure shots for the posters. Those 28Cron shots from Denmark are excellent too. Also, congrats on your new apartment! Looks great and beautiful kitchen!
Jonas, nice car shot with the M8.
Boris, very nice set from Shanghai!
Gary, very nice set and punchy colors on the school walk set. Also like the shots from your 28Elmarit and CV90 set, all excellent. The M8 is still a very capable camera in your hands.
Ajay, nice sunset shot with the 28Cron.
Zhangyue, nice set with the CV35.
Andrew, excellent sets from Paris! Those B&W shots are great. Love the deep rich tonality.
Joakim, nice set with the 35Lux!
Dan, excellent shots and nice to see you back. Your friend does resemble Nathalie Portman in that shot.

Since the 28Cron is the current lens du jour, I start my post with a few shots taken with this lens.

View from Shinjuku National Park, Tokyo

Tokyo Metropolitian Goverment office

Thanks for the earlier comments to my earlier posts. Sorry as I haven't had a chance to check in on this thread past 2 weeks.

Jun 11, 2012 at 02:39 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.526 #17 · p.526 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Charles - great set, particularly #2. I love the wet greens in that one.
Joe - fabulous images! Your B&W is very lush and IMO #2 and 3 in particular are stellar compositions. The interaction between the woman and child in #2 is perfect and the myriad of diagonal lines really draw me to this image. All of the images have a great feeling of depth with layers, as you've demonstrated in many previous images.

A few from our city hall while wandering around a pretty deserted part of downtown prior to the art crawl...

90 Summarit x2 and 50 Lux.

Jun 11, 2012 at 03:11 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.526 #18 · p.526 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, thanks for the kind words. I think your love for diagonals is rubbing off on me
BTW, another excellent set of diagonal compositions., #2 is my favorite.

Jun 11, 2012 at 03:30 PM
seekuh
• •
p.526 #19 · p.526 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Wow, Joe, excellent images!!! Love all of them, congratulations!

Jun 11, 2012 at 03:41 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.526 #20 · p.526 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice Joe, Charles, and Ron!

Jun 11, 2012 at 05:12 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell