FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              239      
       241              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

singletrack
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.240 #1 · p.240 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Whoa Charles! Love those shots - the colours are amazing.
Ryan, gorgeous gorgeous pics.

Stedge, i too have switched from d700 which I have kept but which I hardly use (still kept my 70-200VR2 and Zeiss 50 MP). I'm into my 6th month of leica ownership of the M9. Am considering selling my d700 a lot these days. I never thought I would, to be honest as i was very pleased with the D700.

Here are some of the before and after shots -

Before Leica (BL):
Gallery of chicago pics - shot mostly with D700 with Zeiss 50 MP and 20mm AIS and Sony NEX 5.
http://www.antidotepictures.com/Travel/Chicago2010Meeting/14023443_Vgonm#1033665600_EUbQj

Leica Days (LD):
Gallery of Milan & Lucerne pics - shot mostly with Leica M9 +35 biogon, 50 Planar, 28 elmarit and 135 Elmar (and about 3% nikon d700 + 20mm Nikon AIS and some Sony NEX 5).
http://www.antidotepictures.com/Travel/Milan-2010-Dailies/15229564_hoDgj#1139460198_SrkdL

Hope that helps you decide!

Cheers

kl

Apr 15, 2011 at 01:27 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.240 #2 · p.240 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Joe and KL thanks a lot guys Appreciate the comments!
Luka, great series of shots! I have the same problem with my ZM 25/2.8 too.

Apr 15, 2011 at 01:30 PM
denoir
• • • •
p.240 #3 · p.240 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Charles

Somehow the first part of my post got lost:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thansk guys

Ryan, great shots from the cemetary and of course superb portraits

Malkovic, I'm a velvia fan myself and use it on 6x7 on occasion. I just love the deep blue colors one can get, especially if the shots are underexposed a bit.

Joe, great capture with the 28 Cron, and excellent PP as well.

Charles, wonderful shots with the 35 Lux II. I especially like #1.

Apr 15, 2011 at 01:46 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.240 #4 · p.240 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks for the feedback Ryan and great pics. As you know, I shoot mostly MF anyway so the learning curve should be small. I still think that if I went Leica, I would still need a DSLR - perhaps a DX body... Thanks again.

Apr 15, 2011 at 01:46 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.240 #5 · p.240 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Luka

Apr 15, 2011 at 01:58 PM
JimBuchanan
• • •
p.240 #6 · p.240 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I really do enjoy this thread.

Luka, those 75 Summicron shots look perfect to me!

Apr 15, 2011 at 02:01 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.240 #7 · p.240 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Luka

Nothing wrong with those 75Cron shots. All nice but did you have to bump contrast up to 110%? We all know that this lens is not that contrasty, right?

After all that's said, the 75Cron is still a stellar lens. Its just a matter of taste.

Apr 15, 2011 at 03:49 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.240 #8 · p.240 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Hey KL, great set of pics with your DSLR gear! Thanks for sharing.

It proves the fact that although gear matters, the photographer is probably more important

Apr 15, 2011 at 04:02 PM
singletrack
• •
p.240 #9 · p.240 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Luka, the pics are perfect.
Joe, thanks for the kind words.

I took some 50 lux shots today after using the 50 cron for a bit.
Cheers

Edited on Apr 15, 2011 at 04:25 PM · View previous versions

Apr 15, 2011 at 04:04 PM
Morfeus
• • •
p.240 #10 · p.240 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I have never been a big fan of Leica. Don't ask why. But the images you guys are posting in the last weeks, especially the lux shots, are the most impressive photographs I have seen for a long long time.

As there is no way to purchase a M9 system in the moment, I could not resist from an offer from my camera dealer on a M2 with an Elmar 50/2.8 colapsible and 90/4 Elmar plus Leicameter (price was a steal).

Now, please tell me how I can make it to afford a Lux

Apr 15, 2011 at 04:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rsolti13
• • • •
p.240 #11 · p.240 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks all!

Luka - Nice shots with the 75! Great to see it being used . I like #4 best

KL - great shots with the 50 Lux! I really like #3 but the rendering in the first two are also excellent!

Morfeus......afford a Lux....hmm....a few jobs I was only able to b/c I got rid of all my Nikon stuff

More from the cemetery

35 Lux

90 Elmarit-M....the rest

Apr 15, 2011 at 06:35 PM
Tobin28
• • •
p.240 #12 · p.240 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Are people using 75 Cron for portraits? How is it for focusing on faces with the M9? Any feedback guys would help me.

Tobin

Apr 15, 2011 at 08:22 PM
lovinglife
• • • •
p.240 #13 · p.240 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Tobin28 wrote:
Are people using 75 Cron for portraits? How is it for focusing on faces with the M9? Any feedback guys would help me.

Tobin

Focusing is a piece of cake -- There are some portraits from Denoir you can see are amazing.

i don't believe the hype that this lens is less than spectacular.. As many official reviews have pointed out, this is one of the best Leica lenses.

Here's one from a few days back wide open.

Apr 15, 2011 at 09:05 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.240 #14 · p.240 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Hey KL, great set of pics with your DSLR gear! Thanks for sharing.

It proves the fact that although gear matters, the photographer is probably more important

+1

KL, great series of shots! I love the 50 Lux rendering! Fav is #3, but rest are excellent.

Ryan, really nice rendering with all the shots! Love the trees in the background.

Morpheus, lux's yes... not cheap, but then go try and find one!!! My choice was to sell all my DSLR to make is possible, and hey I have not looked back

Tobin, the 75 Cron AA is brilliant for focusing for portraits at or near MFD. It render beautifully, but as with all the lenses just make sure it is a well calibrated match.

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:24 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.240 #15 · p.240 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rsolti13 wrote:
Thanks Charles/stedge. Stedge, what you say above is a big reason why I made the switch. I was walking around town with a bag on my shoulder carrying a D700 + Nikon 24 + Zeiss 100 + Zeiss 35/50....it was TOO heavy. I didn't take it everywhere, I literally planned to go out and take it. With the M9 it goes everywhere with me. The M9 + 35 Lux + 50 Lux + 90 Elmarit feel like they weigh less than the D700 + huge bag I carry them in alone. Not to mention the other beasts I would carry
...Show more

I found a bag at the local outdoors/hiking store that is about the size to hold a Canon 1D body. In it I can carry the M9 and 4-5 lenses, a couple batteries, memory cards, etc. In the end it weighs probably about the same as the 1D body (without lenses of course), but is an entire system for wide to near tele work that I carry around if I'm out. It's inconspicuous and means I can get a photo of whatever instead of wishing I'd bothered to bring along the DSLR.

Granted, one could do something similar with a m4/3 or NEX system, but those cameras won't hold a candle to the sheer image quality available from the M9 if and when you need it.

Another factor often mentioned, that I'm noting the more I use the M9, is that most people write it off as an old film camera. For some it's a matter of intrigue, as in, why you'd be shooting film instead of digital, but for many they just seem to ignore it after a moment. As a result I find I can carry on without being bothered, or as inevitably happens with the big DSLR and zoom lens, be asked how much it's worth. And in some parts of town, you know that's not what you want to have some people paying attention to.

Very nice series Charles!
And Luka too - glad that you're having more luck with the 75 Cron - the last one of the apartment buildings calls to me with the linear qualities and layering.
Ryan, lovely cemetery work. I also enjoy photographing cemeteries, though haven't posted any here because I haven't yet visited any with the M. The older the better. The new ones now are so often very boring. One thing I regretted not doing in NOLA a few years ago was to visit the cemetery.. just ran out of time (and the GF is superstitious).
Interested to see the 50 Cron/Lux comparison KL
LL - let's see some more!
Joe, you're putting that 28 Cron to great use, and it really seems to mesh with your PP as well. Very tempted to put it on the wish list. BTW, I tried the ZM28 about a month ago and was quite impressed with it, though it's not f/2. I wouldn't hesitate to get one. I also compared it against the CV28 f/2 at the same time and there is a big difference. The ZM is, well, very Zeiss.
Sorry if I missed anyone else, this thread certainly has been moving along!

Trying to catch up with my recent travel photos. Just processed this one and thought it would be suitable since it's a bench shot, in Lausanne:

M9 ZM35C

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:51 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.240 #16 · p.240 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, thank you ....Great shot! Your PP is superb. The shot just stands out in colour and depth. Just goes to show again, nothing to do with the software, just the person driving it

Apr 16, 2011 at 02:03 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.240 #17 · p.240 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

KL, nice set with the 50Lux. #3 is my favorite.

Ryan, nice set with the 35Lux. 3 & 4 are my favorites.

Thanks Ron, and nice shot,! Always like your color pp and its very consistent. On the 28FL, have you considered the 28 Elmarit ASPH? I haven't seen or heard much about the ZM 28.

Apr 16, 2011 at 03:16 AM
singletrack
• •
p.240 #18 · p.240 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

stunning ! Colours, composition and PP that is. The model is not bad either. Wow love the colours. What ISO is this at Charles?

Cheers

Kl

Apr 16, 2011 at 05:53 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.240 #19 · p.240 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

KL, thanks for the kind comments This was at ISO 640.

Apr 16, 2011 at 08:10 AM
Morfeus
• • •
p.240 #20 · p.240 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charles, don't you want to stamp out the white of her eyes a bit with the clone tool?

Otherwise very nice and great rendering of that lens.

Heinz

Apr 16, 2011 at 09:03 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password