FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1516      
       1518              1527       1528       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

airfrogusmc
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1517 #1 · p.1517 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I dunno, I shoot formal portraits usually several times a week with my M 262 and a 75 summarit. In fact i will be at it tomorrow morning. Works just fine.

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:03 PM
Donzo98
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1517 #2 · p.1517 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

SL + Voigt 10mm F5.6

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:13 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.1517 #3 · p.1517 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

What is autofocus? I shoot an old camera ...

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:14 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.1517 #4 · p.1517 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Repost from a few years back, - manual focus, 0.95 wide open, kids running. Check

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:18 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1517 #5 · p.1517 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:
Very true, bring smile on my face. Nice images and thanks for sharing.
---------------------------------------------

You under estimate M capability You can do pretty much anything with M below 50mm once you spend enough time with it. 50 longer is not M territory. It is still most enjoyable system I ever used by far.

A few travel images from Italy

all by 50lux

Nice set!

I'm actually very new to Leica system, I've never seen a real Leica one in my life, just one point and shoot a few years back
I plan on going to BH sometime in the next few weeks and look at some of the Leica M stuff...

Still learning about this system... very different from Nikon

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:18 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.1517 #6 · p.1517 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

M 10 might be kinda hard to find. They are still not readily available in the US.

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:30 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1517 #7 · p.1517 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

airfrogusmc wrote:
M 10 might be kinda hard to find. They are still not readily available in the US.

That's okay, as long as I find one in June of next year

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:53 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.1517 #8 · p.1517 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

There was one on the shelf at Central Camera in Chicago last Sat. A customer ordered it and then backed out. It was on the shelf but it is probably gone now.

I think Dan Tamarkin might have a demo.

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:55 PM
Donzo98
• • • •
p.1517 #9 · p.1517 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

One more from the 10mm

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:13 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1517 #10 · p.1517 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Bangkok cityscape

M7 ZM 85/2 Pro 400H by edward karaa, on Flickr

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:26 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1517 #11 · p.1517 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Triumph (not the lingerie)

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:29 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1517 #12 · p.1517 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Bangkok rain

Flowers

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:33 AM
AbramG
• • • •
p.1517 #13 · p.1517 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
If you really like to challenge yourself, get the M7

And if you really, really like to challenge yourself, get the M-A

Sep 28, 2017 at 03:04 PM
Werner_Utsch
• • • •
p.1517 #14 · p.1517 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

" Out Of The Corner "

Pienza, Tuscany

Out Of The Corner by Werner Utsch, on Flickr

Monochrom, Summicron M 90/2.0

Sep 28, 2017 at 04:22 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.1517 #15 · p.1517 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Abstract. M10 and 90 Elmarit

Sep 28, 2017 at 07:06 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.1517 #16 · p.1517 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

All this M10 talk.....must resist

50 Lux

Sep 28, 2017 at 07:16 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.1517 #17 · p.1517 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Elijah wrote:
It is my pleasure to announce that I will be going M10 + 28mm/50mm in June of 2018

This is officially the last wedding I have booked last year; needless to say, I'm steeping away from paid photography completely.

Excited! I know @Donzo98@@@ will approve of this

Donzo98 wrote:
Whoa!!! Awesome... Leica is crazy expensive, but very cool.

Honestly though... look seriously at the SL. The SL is amazing, and not at all big by our previous Nikon standards. It is WAY easier to shoot the M lenses on the SL than on the M. With the SL, you also have the option to AF with the SL lenses which are insanely good. I have the SL plus both zooms.

I love shooting the M lenses on the SL though... I shot this today using the SL and 35mm F1.4 FLE @ 1.4. I personally would not buy an
...Show more
Elijah wrote:
That's the thing, I do not want a "toy" camera. The Leica SL just looks and feels like a toy to me. Maybe because I'm not a fan of mirrorless?
I want to take photos while chanllanging myself. That is also to enjoy photography.
So it's definitely going to be an M7 or M10, I don't want any autofocusing capabilities or anything like that.

When I have kids, I'll definitely get something that auto focuses fast.

I've tried and tried many cameras and many lenses. It's boring now, doesn't bring me any interest in photography anymore. I know a "real" Leica
...Show more

This is one of the things (among many) I like about the M system - the challenge.

I refuse to go back to film for a variety of reasons (sorry guys), but IMO digital M is about as close as I can get to shooting film while staying with digital. Looking through the viewfinder forces me to work at seeing compositions, anticipate depth of field, lens characteristics, compensate for the slight parallax/perspective difference between the viewfinder and what the lens sees... IMO RF focusing becomes very intuitive and I end up 'trusting' the camera as an extension of myself to get what I want in focus (of course I'm ultimately responsible for hitting focus). You never see a close representation of the final image on a screen, whether it's a ground glass focusing screen or an EVF. For me it means there's still some of the thrill of anticipation and (slightly) delayed gratification of what the final image will look like that one gets with film, but without some of the (annoying to me) compromises of film. And if I want to, I can add the EVF and shoot that way, too, like a modern mirrorless camera.

I think you're approaching it the right way, unlike some who come into Leica thinking that pouring a ton of money at expensive gear will suddenly make them great photographers, only to be disappointed that no, the system doesn't hold their hand and do everything for them. It's the other way around. It stays out of the way and lets you crash and burn if you're not on top of things. I think that's half the fun. Learn from your mistakes, learn the system's quirks and hopefully improve, whether it's from a technical or creative perspective.

BTW, I don't think shooting with Leica means I'm getting images I couldn't get with other gear. Far from it. But it challenges me to look at scenes harder and within the relatively constrained range of prime lenses I have with me, so that maybe I end up with different results than had I used other equipment.

A reason I've continued with photography for the last ~30 years as an amateur and professional is because I enjoy it. As I think they say, the fastest way to kill a hobby is to do it for money, so I'm adamant about keeping it sufficiently enjoyable (I suspect Allen will agree). And part of the enjoyment is the process of creating images I like with equipment I like. If I didn't like the equipment I used, then it would just be work for the sake of work. Luckily I've been able to buy gear I like. In my case, Leica M (among other systems) checks a lot of the gear related boxes in my mental list of why I enjoy photography.

Despite the often prevalent Leica bashing throughout the internet, everyone in this thread proves there actually are Leica owners who use the gear and are talented photographers. Even if they're rich dentists, Gary

Wow Ryan, what grade are your kids in now? Time flies....

Some paint on a wall in Detroit details...

M240 & 50 Lux ASPH, except #2 with CV35/1.7M

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:40 PM
Donzo98
• • • •
p.1517 #18 · p.1517 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Despite the often prevalent Leica bashing throughout the internet, everyone in this thread proves there actually are Leica owners who use the gear and are talented photographers. Even if they're rich dentists, Gary
/quote]

Or neurosurgeons... right Elijah

Very well written Ron!!

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:19 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1517 #19 · p.1517 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
This is one of the things (among many) I like about the M system - the challenge.

I refuse to go back to film for a variety of reasons (sorry guys), but IMO digital M is about as close as I can get to shooting film while staying with digital. Looking through the viewfinder forces me to work at seeing compositions, anticipate depth of field, lens characteristics, compensate for the slight parallax/perspective difference between the viewfinder and what the lens sees... IMO RF focusing becomes very intuitive and I end up 'trusting' the camera as an extension of myself to get
...Show more

Man, EVERYTHING is on point! Literally everything you said are my thoughts. You just know how to express them well.
My hobby turned into money and albeit it’s not a bad thing, I lost interest in it. Almost completely.
Gear is another thing, I want something genuine... something real... pure and simple. I thought Fuji X100 series or XT1/2... I was wrong... Leica is the answer.
---------------------------------------------

Donzo98 wrote:
Or neurosurgeons... right Elijah

Very well written Ron!!

Or neurosurgeons!!! Yes!! I knew I should’ve became a neurosurgeon! Aerospace industry doesn’t pay that well

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:21 AM
Donzo98
• • • •
p.1517 #20 · p.1517 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

@Elijah...shot with the Q.

This is one of the many reasons people love Leica glass... compare that to Nikon 35mm F1.4 G.

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:22 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password