1       2       3              1427      
       1429              2354       2355       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1428 #1 · p.1428 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Hi Abram,

Regarding the leatherette, Leica would normally change it as part of a CLA but I don't know if they charge anything for just this job.

Otherwise you can try aki asahi. I have not done it myself but according to a few of my acquaintances who have done it, it's very simple, but requires some dexterity.

Mar 29, 2017 at 01:58 PM
ocean2059
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1428 #2 · p.1428 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

© ocean2059 2017

Mar 29, 2017 at 04:08 PM
OleAndre
• •
p.1428 #3 · p.1428 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

lenticular11 wrote:
Gundagai is an iconic country town in rural SE Australia. The beautiful 19th Cent era Post Office has a 'Sold' sign on it, yet another wonderful P.O. building sold off by Australia Post as it no longer meets their criterion for larger retail-space. They attempt to offset declining postal service income by selling diverse crap, as well as massively increased postal rates!

Lovely images David. I really enjoy the colours! And interesting story you wrote about Australia Post. Here in Norway the direction is somewhat different. All the old post offices are closing down, but not to move into more commercially suitable buildings. Instead, the post offices are being merged as services in standard supermarkets, that now earn extra money on handing out and receiving packages and letter. I really like this change, as opening hours and availability has become so much better (previously a post office closed at 5pm, now its open as long as the super market is open).

I am finally back from Lofoten, and I have to say that it has been a tremendous trip. The weather was extreme at times, but that gave us shooting conditions that provided something "extra". In one of the storms I also had a big accident though: my Sony camera with Loxia 21 fell into a freshwater river Now the shutter is making a weird sound, but the camera still works. More importantly, the Loxia is actually still good, with focusing, aperture and centering being as it was before! Given the circumstances I would regard that as being lucky But I will still contact the insurance company.

Ok, some pictures now, all taken with M246. The first two are from a hike I did with my Hong Kong guest (who is not used to hiking nor winter conditions), my wife and my brother. It was not a long hike, but turned challenging when a snowstorm emerged.

Leica Summicron-M 50 v4 - Lofoten Snow Storm by Ole Kjennerud

Later, when the snowstorm cleared the view was amazing. Blue sky, arctic water and fresh air. Not that interesting for photography, but very refreshing with blue sky and sun after so many days with bad weather. Photo taken by my wife of me

Leica Summicron-M 50 v4 - After the storm by Ole Kjennerud

Last image for now. This shot is taken from Skagsanden beach at Flakstad, looking over to Hustinden (can be translated to Mount House). A fantastic beach, that I look forward going back to.

Zeiss Distagon 35/1.4 ZM - Lofoten Skagsanden by Ole Kjennerud

All the best,
Ole

Mar 29, 2017 at 04:24 PM
Duckmancgy
• •
p.1428 #4 · p.1428 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

That a great set of images Ole, I really dig the rendering on that last image with the Zeiss! Though you can keep the snow, I have had enough of it around these parts

Here's an image from Dinosaur Provincial Park in southern Alberta from a quick trip out last week. I can't remember if this was taken with the 50 Heliar or 90mm Elmarit-R because I turned off manual coding for one reason or another so I am going to assume this is the 50, more because it feels like a 50mm frame .

Mar 29, 2017 at 04:45 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.1428 #5 · p.1428 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Perusing this thread, my morning's entertainment continues, before I have some duties to attend to!

Gary - I forgot to say how much I enjoyed your last set.

Edward - thanks for your comment. You continue to rock with the film images. Lomo film...that's a bit daring (hipster!) isn't it?!

Ocean - love that French(?) street mural.

Ole - Thank you for your comments! Your monochrome images are outstanding! We visited somewhere in Lofoten on a Norwegian cruise in 2010. I recall my father mentioning the Lofoten Islands when I was a boy...part of his recollections as a very young British Merchant Navy Radio Officer in WWII. The fantastic thing about our cruise in 2010 was that we took my parents along. I would love to return to the Lofoten Islands for a photo-trip, especially in weather like you experienced!

Some Post Offices in Australia are often also run out of supermarkets and it also gives them flexibility to extend their hours, as you have noted. I still mourn the loss of many fine old buildings in small towns and villages here, despite changing market forces.

Duckmancgy - Amazing landscape shot!

Edited on Mar 30, 2017 at 01:16 AM · View previous versions

Mar 29, 2017 at 05:14 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.1428 #6 · p.1428 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Here's another of the Coco taxi, probably less than a minute before he spluttered to a stop right next to us.

Along the Malecón by David M, on Flickr

Another from the same evening stroll.

A brace of Chevs. by David M, on Flickr

Mar 29, 2017 at 05:27 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1428 #7 · p.1428 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Mar 29, 2017 at 06:22 PM
Donzo98
• • • •
p.1428 #8 · p.1428 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Mar 29, 2017 at 06:55 PM
RickPerry
• • •
p.1428 #9 · p.1428 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

A bit of Luxury - a bit of education - and lots of Fun! We went on a Cruise to Cuba via the People to People program. We traveled on the 'Celestial Crystal' Cruise ship enrolled with in a 'Friendly Planet' Tour.. All I can say is that it was Outstanding! Wonderful people, great food and Music everywhere.

Leica T with 18-56

Mar 30, 2017 at 01:55 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.1428 #10 · p.1428 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

First shot is fabulous, Rick!

More shots with the M7. I'm pretty sure I used to have an M262 somewhere but can't remember where did I misplace it

M7 ZM 35/1.4 Delta 400 by edward karaa, on Flickr

M7 ZM 50/2 Delta 400 by edward karaa, on Flickr

M7 ZM 35/2.8 Delta 400 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Mar 30, 2017 at 07:25 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

RickPerry
• • •
p.1428 #11 · p.1428 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Edward and Werner. Meanwhile, here are a few more from the streets of Cuba. Leica t with 18-56.

Mar 30, 2017 at 07:52 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.1428 #12 · p.1428 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Beautiful work, Rick! Love the colors!

More from the same roll:

M7 ZM 35/2.8 Delta 400 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Mar 30, 2017 at 09:23 AM
OleAndre
• •
p.1428 #13 · p.1428 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Duckmancgy wrote:
That a great set of images Ole, I really dig the rendering on that last image with the Zeiss! Though you can keep the snow, I have had enough of it around these parts

Thank you so much! I really enjoy the Zeiss, next to my Summicron 75 AA its by far the best lens I have ever used. Resolution is just fantastic. Only downside is that it can be a bit large as a walk-around lens.

lenticular11 wrote:
Ole - Thank you for your comments! Your monochrome images are outstanding! We visited somewhere in Lofoten on a Norwegian cruise in 2010. I recall my father mentioning the Lofoten Islands when I was a boy...part of his recollections as a very young British Merchant Navy Radio Officer in WWII. The fantastic thing about our cruise in 2010 was that we took my parents along. I would love to return to the Lofoten Islands for a photo-trip, especially in weather like you experienced!

Some Post Offices in Australia are often also run out of supermarkets and it also gives them flexibility
...Show more

Thank you very much David, very nice of you to say. Interesting to hear that your father visited Lofoten back then. And I highly recommend visiting the area again for photography. It is so easy to get a round, and so much variety, even a bit of wildlife with eagles flying over your head from time to time. We saw several during our stay now, one being just a couple of meters away from us.

Ole

Mar 30, 2017 at 09:40 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1428 #14 · p.1428 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Nice Edward! Really enjoying these.... Most of the samples I have seen with Delta 400 show it to be pretty mellow with respect to contrast. Did you have to increase it in post or are these more/less OOC?

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:05 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.1428 #15 · p.1428 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Nice Edward! Really enjoying these.... Most of the samples I have seen with Delta 400 show it to be pretty mellow with respect to contrast. Did you have to increase it in post or are these more/less OOC?

Thank you Gary!

I processed/scanned this roll at a different lab. They gave me flat 16-bit files that basically contain all the information that is recorded on the film. My wife's river shot is an example. I think I didn't add any contrast, or if I did, very little. I added quite a lot of contrast to the last set.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:03 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1428 #16 · p.1428 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Yes I also like these a lot Edward.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:04 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.1428 #17 · p.1428 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

airfrogusmc wrote:
Yes I also like these a lot Edward.

Thank you Allen

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Werner_Utsch
• • • •
p.1428 #18 · p.1428 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

" The End Of Hope "
Arles

The End Of Hope by Werner Utsch, on Flickr

Monochrom, Noctilux 1/1.0

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:49 PM
AbramG
• • • •
p.1428 #19 · p.1428 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edward your Delta 400 results are looking really nice, I may have to try some of that again one day. I've been on a bit of a Tri-X kick lately but my Go-To film is always going to be HP5. I just love that stuff. I also like the grain better when scanning vs Tri-X

Mar 30, 2017 at 01:24 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.1428 #20 · p.1428 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Werner, nice decay!

Abram, thanks a lot! It's interesting that my film was very grainy from the first lab, but with this roll at a different lab, the grain is barely visible. I will try some Tri-X next week. I haven't used it since more than 35 years

Mar 30, 2017 at 01:36 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.