FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1376      
       1378              2351       2352       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

retrofocus
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1377 #1 · p.1377 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Enjoyed some color and B&W film shooting this past weekend catching late fall foliage and building shots. I used my M7 loaded with Kodak Ektar 100 color film and my M6 with Ilford HP5+ 400 B&W film. I developed as always the films at home, C-41 process for the Ektar film and Rodinal as developer for the B&W film.

M7, 35/2

M6, 35/2

M7, 35/2

M7, 35/2, circ. polarizer

M6, CV 12/5.6

M7, 35/2

Nov 14, 2016 at 07:34 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.1377 #2 · p.1377 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Allen and Joakim, really some superb stuff in the last few pages: gorgeous colors
Really a bunch of beautiful posts in the last few pages.
Congrats, everyone!
and nice to see more posters!

I shot a meeting yesterday. RX1rii, I decided to use at 35mm put the 75 lux on the A7 Kolari, and my ugly duckling, the goggled 135/2.8 Elmarit, went on the M9. At 135 RF well short of infinity you can't take focus for granted. But this lens, which seem off in calibration a tad, when I first got it, has now bonded with the M9. Unbelievably my hit rate was highest of the three cameras! This lens was introduced in 1963 and targeted at photojournalism, where Leica was a very serious player under attack 3 versions with subtle differences. Mine is a early v3. "The magnification of the goggles increases the effective rangefinder base distance, giving you more accurate focusing" wrote one user, Carl Merkin, and I'm beginning to suspect this is really the case. I just put the lens at 2.8 and left it there. V3 is apparently better contrast WO and better close up, but maybe softer on the edges. "Softer" does not mean soft The lens is just very slightly behind the benchmark 135/4 TE at F4 and on down. I think for faces it is certainly nicer than the APO.

L1055981-2 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1055959-2-2 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1055957-2-2 by unoh7, on Flickr

Anyway, if you shoot a conference this thing is very useful

Nov 14, 2016 at 05:21 PM
frosty1987

p.1377 #3 · p.1377 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

My fiance over the weekend:

Shot on an M240 with the Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 Nokton

Nov 14, 2016 at 05:50 PM
coogee
• • •
p.1377 #4 · p.1377 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Art Gallery of NSW, then one in the City.

Nov 15, 2016 at 12:36 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1377 #5 · p.1377 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Whole family went to DC last weekend. We had wonderful time. not many people after election

90mm Elmar-C (another 50 year old lens) with M240

Nov 15, 2016 at 05:01 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1377 #6 · p.1377 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Nov 15, 2016 at 08:13 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1377 #7 · p.1377 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Finally got a bit more snow this weekend. Yay!

28cron

Nov 15, 2016 at 08:38 PM
Sagar
• • • •
p.1377 #8 · p.1377 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

So far so good, really enjoying for my monochrom experiment...

Nov 15, 2016 at 09:40 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.1377 #9 · p.1377 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

A great study in concentration Sagar!

Nov 15, 2016 at 09:43 PM
Sagar
• • • •
p.1377 #10 · p.1377 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you! I am really enjoying the Leica experience and how unobtrusive camera can become. Focusing is much easier than it sounds prior trying Leica and actually for my type of photography I am finding it even easier than any AF camera I have used.

Additionally for the first time in years I am again enjoying photography and it helping cure my GAS. (everyone here probably knows how crazy addictive I was just till few months ago).

lenticular11 wrote:
A great study in concentration Sagar!

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JonPB
• • •
p.1377 #11 · p.1377 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

It has been a while since I've contributed. In the meantime, I've worked an exhausting job. Yesterday, I quit that job, and my soul is rejoicing. Today, I received a printer (Epson 3880), and I've made my own prints for the first time in nearly two decades. Now, well, since Monday, I'm totally in love with the world and everything it offers -- of which photo is only a small part, but an important part. I need to make following this thread a part of my daily routine. After catching up on what I've missed in this thread over the last few months...

Everyone: Thank you so much for posting your images here. It is wonderful to look through all of these pictures, both as a viewer and as a photographer. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Adam: I'm glad you didn't completely quit Leica. Personally, I buy used -- that's a financial thing for me, but it could become a statement thing for you. Buying used means they don't directly benefit from any of your [currency of choice]. It'd be a shame to sacrifice parts of what you enjoy about photography in order to spite a few folks who don't get it. I'm glad you're keeping what you love and perhaps recentering around what's important to you.

Charlie: Your photos of the light in the hills redoubles my desire to get out there. And, now I can. Gorgeous captures. I'll remember them as I'm trying to capture the beauty around me. I don't know what greater compliment to pay to another photographer.

Michael: Those images with older lenses make me want to duplicate my current kit (modern 35 & 90) with 50 year-old versions of the same lengths. Of course, most of that is due to your skill. Please, I ask you, never hesitate to post the images that you love, even if they're of common family moments. Your photos are great images of people, images of humanity, even if they happen to be your children. I don't see everything in them that you do, but I still see a lot that is beautiful, both in image and in subject.

Chuck: As above, I hope you never hesitate to share your work.

Dylan: I might be looking the other way when I see your images. I'm somewhat envious of having enough room to process an entirely analog workflow. But I've also always liked your work, so I'll enjoy and learn from them nonetheless.

Allen: I love what you do with tonality. Your photos aren't the kind I aspire to make, but I do try to dissect them and understand how they work. Now that I've seen a few of my own prints, I also very much so want to see some of your work in physical form. Please let the thread know if you have another show coming up; I've been wanting to return to Chicago at some point, and that'd be a perfect excuse.

Werner: I'm a fan. Pure and simple. Your work is inspiring. Thank you.

As for my own stuff over the last few months, I've largely given a miss to technical perfection in favor of being in the moment. Not sure if that reflects my psychology of being burnt out or a long-standing artistic preference, but we'll see. Anyhow: these are with 35 FLE except the second one with a 90 AA. I'm experimenting with Smugmug, as I find that Flickr has too many intrusive ads to make it worthwhile; so, feel free to visit jonpb.photo/Snapshots/ if you'd like higher resolution versions.

Cheers,
Jon

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:20 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.1377 #12 · p.1377 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Three bridge shots from the other evening, again all with the Jupiter-12 (35 f2.8) that cost me about $40.

On this particular evening I was too late to catch any of the remaining direct sunlight and I had elected to travel light, just mounting this one lens for its known adequate resolution, small size and light weight. I did not expect to be taking time exposures, so I rested the camera on its strap on available granite block stonework, to achieve a near-level surface.

Incidentally, a nearby plaque described how these granite stone blocks were originally from the 19th Cent. Waterloo Bridge in London, a gift from the UK to Australia.

This image has had some straightening but really minimal other post-processing. Actual aperture was probably f8 or f11.

Commonwealth Bridge - Blue Hour by David M, on Flickr

Nov 16, 2016 at 05:37 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1377 #13 · p.1377 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Jon and will do.

Nov 16, 2016 at 09:39 AM
Planetwide
• • • •
p.1377 #14 · p.1377 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Test shot Leica SL, 28mm Summilux @F1.4

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:38 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1377 #15 · p.1377 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Yudhi
• •
p.1377 #16 · p.1377 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Zaanse Schans
M-P with 21SEM

Nov 17, 2016 at 04:20 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1377 #17 · p.1377 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

A couple more from our balcony in Key West

Nov 17, 2016 at 09:09 AM
bsirjani
• • •
p.1377 #18 · p.1377 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Picked up a Q about a month back and just had the chance to take it to a friend's bike race and then a trip to NYC. Really enjoying how much it feels like the camera just gets out of your way.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:35 AM
Werner_Utsch
• • • •
p.1377 #19 · p.1377 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

" Montisi "
Tuscany

Montisi by Werner Utsch, on Flickr

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:44 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.1377 #20 · p.1377 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

The snow never last long in Stockholm... MM-246 and .95 Noctilux

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:51 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.