p.1188 #1 · p.1188 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

M60+35lux FLE kit lens
My baby's 2nd birthday

Aug 10, 2015 at 05:25 AM
chasdfg
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1188 #2 · p.1188 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edwin, happy birthday to your little one!
Adam, did they catch anything whilst you were there?

A few more from yesterday:
Untitled by aFrIcanSH

Untitled by aFrIcanSH

Untitled by aFrIcanSH

Untitled by aFrIcanSH

Untitled by aFrIcanSH

Aug 10, 2015 at 06:55 AM
shujert
• • •
p.1188 #3 · p.1188 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Been a little bit since I've posted, but I have been lurking ... the quality of the shots in this thread continues to be fantastic.

Just wanted to share a few frames from a recent family shoot. Gear included the M240, 35/1.4 ZM and 75/2.5 Summarit.

Aug 10, 2015 at 09:25 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.1188 #4 · p.1188 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

aFrIcanSH - I'm not sure where their bait came from, but didn't see them catch anything while I was there. Though the guy who is photographed most, he came with a big fish net. So I reckon he thought he was going to catch something.

I think we keep missing each other BTW, I see images you've taken, and I've just been in the area. Funny, I'll have to look out for an M wielding photog while I'm out and about.

Aug 10, 2015 at 10:59 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.1188 #5 · p.1188 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Adam, Josh, Shujert, very nice stuff!!

Rock Colony by unoh7, 50cron

Avalanche Path by unoh7, 28 Cron

Johnson Creek by unoh7, 28 Cron

Here's a question for everyone: do you ever set your focus to MFD before mounting a lens?

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:23 AM
joakim
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1188 #6 · p.1188 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

uhoh7 wrote:
Here's a question for everyone: do you ever set your focus to MFD before mounting a lens?

No, I never even think about where the focus is when mounting the lens.

Aug 10, 2015 at 01:19 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.1188 #7 · p.1188 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

joakim wrote:
No, I never even think about where the focus is when mounting the lens.

Yes, every time, religiously. It helps not shock the spring. Also I leave it on MFD when not in use, and as a practice I set it to it every time I take a shot, also helps me know where my focus is at all times. Makes for faster focusing. AND when I'm un-mounting a lens, I do it as well, again not to shock the spring and cause misalignment.

Aug 10, 2015 at 01:27 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.1188 #8 · p.1188 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks for the info, I should try to change my habits then and that will not be easy

Aug 10, 2015 at 01:34 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.1188 #9 · p.1188 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I actually like to shock the spring, keeps it well lubricated

Seriously though, I always keep my lenses at infinity. Never had a misalignment issue. Also experts would advise to always keep the lenses stopped down all the way to relieve the spring tension but I always keep them wide open. Maybe I'm just lucky

Aug 10, 2015 at 03:11 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1188 #10 · p.1188 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Really nice pics everyone. It's always nice to check in on this thread and see the inspiring work.

Charlie - I typically mount/unmount my lenses in the infinity position. I don't intentionally do this for the roller/spring - just out of habit really. I change lenses a fair bit and have not yet had to send my body in for calibration. Perhaps I am lucky....

On another note - has anyone seen these before?

http://www.afshoot.com/shop/product-category/lens-focus-tab/

Aug 10, 2015 at 03:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

shujert
• • •
p.1188 #11 · p.1188 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Really nice pics everyone. It's always nice to check in on this thread and see the inspiring work.

Charlie - I typically mount/unmount my lenses in the infinity position. I don't intentionally do this for the roller/spring - just out of habit really. I change lenses a fair bit and have not yet had to send my body in for calibration. Perhaps I am lucky....

Gary, I just put one of those on my 50mm M-Hex. Fits very snugly, quality is pretty darn decent. I'm not yet sure how I feel about the rubber-like material, but it does the job well. For the price ($10 via eBay) it's a great option for adding a focus tab.

Edited on Aug 10, 2015 at 06:27 PM · View previous versions

Aug 10, 2015 at 05:49 PM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.1188 #12 · p.1188 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:

Gary, That looks very interesting. I might get them for my M and R lens. Thanks for sharing.

Great images in this thread as always.

Aug 10, 2015 at 06:24 PM
coogee
• • •
p.1188 #13 · p.1188 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I've been pondering one of those tabs for my 90AA, had one in the cart ready to buy yesterday but didn't commit. You can buy them direct from supplier here.

I always thought wide open was the best way to leave an aperture - is it stopped down then? I keep lenses at infinity as a habit, they're smaller and less likely to encourage dust this way? Had no idea about springs.

I have a feeling my M9 is drifting off at infinity, it's definitely no longer perfect, but even minor work on digital M's is not possible, to my knowledge, here in Sydney (though we have a useless luxury goods 'boutique' to peruse.)

Aug 10, 2015 at 06:36 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.1188 #14 · p.1188 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Richard - Camera Clinic in Melbourne is an excellent place for Leica servicing. I has an M6 CLAd there, a damaged CV21/4 repaired and my original M9 had a sensor replaced (SD card interface was the problem - but that's on the same mainboard as the sensor - Leica repaired it free of charge under goodwill - they have my vote!).

On an entirely different topic - all of my 'Likes' have disappeared , nor am I seeing Likes from others on other people's posts - anyone else seeing this problem?

Aug 10, 2015 at 08:03 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1188 #15 · p.1188 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Aug 10, 2015 at 08:06 PM
coogee
• • •
p.1188 #16 · p.1188 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks David, I'll investigate them. Melbourne is definitely preferable to Germany. I wish there was somewhere in Sydney with a storefront, I have trust issues in giving my gear to a retailer.

I am also missing 'likes'. I liked your post and airfrogusmc's (very nice, as always), so see if you got those.

Tower

UTS FEIT Building

UTS FEIT Building

Aug 10, 2015 at 08:51 PM
coogee
• • •
p.1188 #17 · p.1188 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

The Like feature is switched off currently.
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1376754/1#13144541

Aug 10, 2015 at 09:03 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1188 #18 · p.1188 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

your last set was really super coogee.

The light pattern on the wall in the B/G in #2 and the wonderful lines in the last one are just terrific.

Aug 10, 2015 at 09:09 PM
chasdfg
• • •
p.1188 #19 · p.1188 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Charlie, thanks for the question! Been wanting to ask that here. Aperture spring tension in the lenses never occurred to me. I might try developing a habit of storing the lenses stopped down at infinity and mount them at MFD though that might be a slower process.

Adam, looks like pretty big fish to be fishing at a pier with that meaty bait. I'm usually around Tiong Bahru-River Valley and make the odd trip to Little India/Chinatown/Orchard Road every now and then especially now that I'm done with work. Maybe we'll bump into each other (more often than not wearing a black shirt and I'm not particularly tall so that and a leica M should give you the cue).

Untitled by aFrIcanSH

Untitled by aFrIcanSH

giving a hand by aFrIcanSH

Never look back, kid...unless it's to have your photo taken by aFrIcanSH

Untitled by aFrIcanSH

Untitled by aFrIcanSH

Aug 10, 2015 at 09:16 PM
coogee
• • •
p.1188 #20 · p.1188 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks airfrogusmc, that means a lot, especially noticing the reflections in #2
My favourite from your set is #2, the long-striding man amongst all the perfect legs.

Lovely set of 'human traffic', aFrIcanSH, and the first one has a great storytelling feel.

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:06 PM
1       2       3              1187      
       1189              2354       2355       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1187      
       1189              2354       2355       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.