Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1013      
       1015              1081       1082       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

burningheart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1014 #1 · p.1014 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
Hi guys,

Haven't posted in a long time, life's getting in the way.
Will try to post more when life slows down a bit.

Must be contagious "the life thingy" it seems that the number of posts over the last little while is down, but I hear there is a cure that has been tested on a few of Liecaphilias as they have managed to post some images lately the rest of us will just have to wait until the vaccine arrives. I heard a dose of a new lens or body speeds up the recovery time.

Aug 15, 2014 at 02:40 PM
Dpedraza
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1014 #2 · p.1014 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

a couple uneventful images from my M8 I found on a hard drive

M8 Digital Camera    f/8.0    1/125s    160 ISO    0.0 EV  

M8 Digital Camera    f/20.0    1/750s    160 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 15, 2014 at 03:04 PM
joakim
• • •
p.1014 #3 · p.1014 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Visited a village called Viserum today and decided to drive by the old railway station where I found this classic rail bus. First one with the 50 Lux and then the rest with the 24 Lux.

Aug 15, 2014 at 03:05 PM
joakim
• • •
p.1014 #4 · p.1014 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Dpedraza, very nice colors in the first one. Do you know which lens it was?

Aug 15, 2014 at 03:09 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1014 #5 · p.1014 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joakim - really neat shots! That first one with 50lux has such pleasing rendering. What aperture was it shot at?

Aug 15, 2014 at 03:47 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1014 #6 · p.1014 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

35cron asph

35cron asph

35cron asph

Edited on Aug 15, 2014 at 04:01 PM · View previous versions

Aug 15, 2014 at 03:54 PM
Dpedraza
• • •
p.1014 #7 · p.1014 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joakim wrote:
Dpedraza, very nice colors in the first one. Do you know which lens it was?

I think cv 15mm
Thanks by the way

Aug 15, 2014 at 03:57 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1014 #8 · p.1014 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary, what is this about? I sense it is going to be something depressing...

Some good news: I have my "starter" 35/1.4 CV purchased. Still need a body though (donations welcome).

Aug 15, 2014 at 04:05 PM
joakim
• • •
p.1014 #9 · p.1014 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Joakim - really neat shots! That first one with 50lux has such pleasing rendering. What aperture was it shot at?

Thanks!

LR says 2.4 and that sounds about right, I think I started at 2.0 but had to stop down a little for the sky. What's up with the shoes?

Aug 15, 2014 at 04:29 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.1014 #10 · p.1014 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

burningheart wrote:
Must be contagious "the life thingy" it seems that the number of posts over the last little while is down, but I hear there is a cure that has been tested on a few of Liecaphilias as they have managed to post some images lately the rest of us will just have to wait until the vaccine arrives. I heard a dose of a new lens or body speeds up the recovery time.

I also haven't been able to post or shoot for myself lately. Great stuff everyone but July was a blur. I have been so busy...

Aug 15, 2014 at 05:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bruniroquai

p.1014 #11 · p.1014 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

playing with my new MM and the 50/2 collap.:

Zora on the sofa por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

Tejas por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

Julio por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

Sin título por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

Sin título por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

Aug 15, 2014 at 07:02 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1014 #12 · p.1014 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys! These shots were taken in Budapest on the banks of the Danube and is a memorial to the Budapest Jews who were shot by Arrow Cross militiamen in 1944/45. They were forced to take off their shoes (as they were valuable) and then were lined up and shot into the river.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoes_on_the_Danube_Bank

Aug 15, 2014 at 07:48 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.1014 #13 · p.1014 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary nice images and thanks for sharing the sad story
Joakim, love that #1&2

Is leica market very soft now? looks like everything is cheaper and getting very slow. I think they might have trouble. off topic

some more images from recent Sacramento train station visit.

50lux WO

and one from 28cron after we got off the train.

Aug 15, 2014 at 11:34 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1014 #14 · p.1014 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Fantastic work everyone! The Budapest set is very touching and I like the colors and the activity in the train station set above.

I agree that Leica market is currently soft, but I believe it is caused by the availability of too many goods. In fact, Leica prices and demand were high because there was a shortage of goods at a certain time. Now that production is normal since they moved to Wetzlar, there is no reason for such inflated prices, and I think this is how it is supposed to be. The previous situation when demand was unusually high and used items were priced as high if not higher that new items, was indeed an exceptional situation that couldn't last too long.

Aug 16, 2014 at 07:05 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.1014 #15 · p.1014 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue - Seems that way. Maybe Photokina is to blame. Rumour has it Leica is going to announce a MM replacement and an ME replacement. I don't think so.. But then again, who knows?!

Personally, I've just been busy. Work, personal matters, moving logistics, and bad news. June/July/August a crazy set of months this year.

You know, I strap my camera to my person most of the days I'm out, but not really inspired or in the mood to take shots with everything else going on. And the few shots I do take, never make it into LR (mainly due to work commitments).

burningheart - Wish it were that easy. Eh who knows, I'll upload something maybe it'll make me feel better overall.

Here are a few shots I took while in LA house hunting this past July (50APO f/2):

Aug 16, 2014 at 07:11 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1014 #16 · p.1014 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
You know, I strap my camera to my person most of the days I'm out, but not really inspired or in the mood to take shots with everything else going on. And the few shots I do take, never make it into LR (mainly due to work commitments).

Oh I can relate to that... Glad it's not just me . I think like you, if I have too much other stuff going on in my head it can close me down to some extent, and I just don't want to see or really lift the camera too often if at all. You can also sort of lose that confidence to some extent, that protective barrier, that let's you photograph (strangers) in public.

I think a new environment and/or a clear mind can help with this to some degree.

More great photos guys!

Aug 16, 2014 at 07:19 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.1014 #17 · p.1014 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Glad to see all the shots on here and also know I'm not the only one who's busy and/or uninspired. Have been missing you guys zhangyue, Adam and Allen... And Edward and the others.

Aug 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.1014 #18 · p.1014 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hey guys and gals need a little help. Feedback welcome.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1312454

Aug 16, 2014 at 02:34 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.1014 #19 · p.1014 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Dpedraza - Nice images. Thanks for posting these I have been thinking about getting the CV15 or CV 12 for my MM and lately have been reminding myself how wide 15mm is. Even though cropped on an M8 I get a better feel what it will look like on a RF instead of on my Canikons.

Joakim - The 50 lux my favorite and my most used lens. Cool classic rail buses. Is it part of a museum collection or still used? Looks in excellent shape. I noticed the pop cans in the window of your 2nd shot. My guess it is still used. Thanks for showing some 24s. This is the other focal length I am thinking about which I feel would complete my kit. Though probably not the Lux.

Gary - Very nice when I first started looking at the shots not knowing the meaning behind it, I was reminded of a tree on the road west of Amboy California on Route 66 where there is a tree on the side of the road covered in shoes and many on the ground next to it. Nice captures it is always neat when one can look at an image and be reminded of things from our own past.

Bruniroquai - very nice I like the first shot nice effect and the eye grabs my attention right away. The 2nd I love the patterns of the roof.

Zhangyue - Trains all aboard. The tunnel shot makes me think of trains in Europe though the wodden platforms and riveted train cars remind me of days gone of the old West. Makes me wonder if some of those riveted cars have panel wood in behind. Here at Heritage Park in Calgary we have a car the was riveted with metal but in behind is the old wood that once adorned railcars for all to see. Nice to see these older styles still in use. Great shots.

Adam - Hope you feel better now that you posted. Love the colors on the 1st two, sort of a monochramatic feel to then but not greys but rather pinks and greens.

I'm still inspired but all my shooting as of late has required me to use my Canon and Nikon, though I did purposely do some shooting using 15mm and 24mm to remind me what the focal length looks like to help me in decide if I should add those to my kit. My mind is also preoccupied as I have decided to go for my certificate in Photography and Videography at a local school as well as continue to train for my upcoming 1/2 marathon at the end of September in Banff. I have only registered for the videography course thus far as I needed them to waive te prerequisite but I am thinking for the Photography course(s)once I decide which to take the MM will be useful for some assignment shots.

Aug 16, 2014 at 02:46 PM
beetlephoto
• •
p.1014 #20 · p.1014 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A7r + Noctilux f/1

Aug 16, 2014 at 06:00 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell