Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1012      
       1014              1041       1042       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1013 #1 · p.1013 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Edward! Good to know. I think getting the strap the right length is as important as anything, to make sure it doesn't bounce around or is uncomfortable. That lens sounds remarkably light too.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:39 AM
joakim
• • •
p.1013 #2 · p.1013 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A b&w from the same lake as the last one. M9 and 35 Lux (New version with fewer dust spots )

Aug 13, 2014 at 01:49 PM
charles.K
• • • •
p.1013 #3 · p.1013 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Wonderful images everyone!!! I have not commented individually, as I have been very busy and about to take a trip to Spain to meet my wife's father. I have not traveled for quite some time so I am really looking forward to this

As you may know, I have now sold my last M240 body yesterday, as I had two, one as a backup for the reasons of long periods where the M240 had to be sent to Solms. I have now the A7s for the main work of low light street portraits, and the A7r for when I need high res images. Both have very unique signatures, and suit my style of photography. I still think the M240 is amazing camera, and it is was just a question of keeping 16K tied up in bodies which I was using less off. I still think the M240 is best option for all of M lenses!

In Australia at the moment, the A7r and A7s with rebates, are very cost effective. The A7 can be purchased now for as low as A$1000 with the rebate, which means the body becomes an item, as sensors improve, it is easy to move to the next body as a cost effective price. The newly available A7s is $1900.

I truly believe the Leica M lenses are the best that are out there, and they are all here to stay. In fact the A7s combined with older M lenses, like the 75 Lux, 50 Nocti f/1.0 and 50 Cron DR are amazing. I have not seen the subtleties in rendering with any other camera, in such a small foot print.

I will be watching and liking, of course

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM
burningheart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1013 #4 · p.1013 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Charles enjoy Spain enjoy photographing with your Sony and mounted Leica lenses and meeting your father in-law.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:06 PM
rirakuma
• •
p.1013 #5 · p.1013 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Have a wonderful time in Spain Charles

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:50 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1013 #6 · p.1013 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

All the best, Charles, and have a great trip to Spain!

Aug 14, 2014 at 07:25 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1013 #7 · p.1013 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Have a great time in Spain Charles! I've only visited it briefly but found it a beautiful and relaxing place to be, so I'm sure you'll have a great time with everyone.

I don't know if you've used Sony before but I think you'll like them. I use a900s as main cameras and RX1 as backup/personal, and have been using the system since Minolta. They are very different of course, but the sensors are generally the best out there, and Sony are know for innovation, so if you like the idea of steady and more frequent upgrades it's a good choice. In terms of use and function they are worlds apart, so I think that will be the most challenging part, and how much you 'like' that may only be seen with time.

But I'm left wondering what we will all do now? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTtUggiqqBs

Aug 14, 2014 at 07:46 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1013 #8 · p.1013 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I expect Charles to be back to Leica by the time he gets back from Spain

I've been there at the end of last year when I had to send my M9 to Solms for a sensor replacement. I had enough of Leica and bought an A7 to use my ZM lenses on, and finally ended up with both ZA primes. To be honest, nothing replaces the M experience. The Sony A7 cameras are a nightmare to use ergonomically, they are light and plasticky, the shutter is unbelievably loud, the sensor toppings are too thick, raw files are lossy without a non compressed version ... etc. Even the ZA E lenses are not real Zeiss, designed and produced by Sony. I don't think anything in the A7 is at the same level as Sony DSLR, which IMO are the best. My adventure with the A7 only lasted 3 months, after which I realized the only thing that works for me (apart from a pro DSLR system) is the M.

Aug 14, 2014 at 08:05 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.1013 #9 · p.1013 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
The Sony A7 cameras are a nightmare to use ergonomically, they are light and plasticky, the shutter is unbelievably loud,

I fully agree with Edward here. I was very interested in the Sony A7 until I heard one snap in front of me. Holy Jeezus but that shutter is L O U D!! What were they thinking releasing a camera that loud? Was Sony afraid of not having any credibility with a camera that small so compensated for it by making the shutter sound 10 times too loud?

Aug 14, 2014 at 08:19 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1013 #10 · p.1013 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rattymouse wrote:
I fully agree with Edward here. I was very interested in the Sony A7 until I heard one snap in front of me. Holy Jeezus but that shutter is L O U D!! What were they thinking releasing a camera that loud? Was Sony afraid of not having any credibility with a camera that small so compensated for it by making the shutter sound 10 times too loud?

That's called overcompensating )))

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1013 #11 · p.1013 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Wait until you hear the A7r...

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:13 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.1013 #12 · p.1013 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you for your kind words

If I had to rely on just the A7r I would have kept my M240. But the A7s is everything the the A7r should be. It is completely silent in stealth mode, and unnerving at first as you may have taken a few shots before you even realise it. Start up is a lot faster and so is AF. The AF works in moonlight or candlelight. Best is that the rendering is very film like almost like MF. So the A7s will be my work horse unless I need the very high resolution. Combined with the old M lenses it is a great combo.

The ergonomics seemed to have improved too. The battery and SD door are strong now. It really works well with not too many issues. The real test was that I preferred to pick up the A7s with the 75 Lux or 50 Nocti as the focusing is very accurate. I think the magnification has changed. I just do a quick focus and then fine tune.

I was pleasantly surprised with the IQ. Mind you all the M lenses are here to stay

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1013 #13 · p.1013 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

What you should have done is bring one M240 to Spain, and then sell it to me (within the EU). I've discovered the used market for these is fraught with scams!

Aug 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM
uscmatt99
• •
p.1013 #14 · p.1013 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Charles,

I've silently admired your work in this thread for quite awhile. I actually love coming to this thread every day, though I've never held a Leica. I do have a few M-mount lenses that I use on an A7, and my ZM 25/2.8 and 35/2.8 are just not that great at the edges as everyone well knows. I haven't seen much out there regarding problematic lenses on the newer A7s. I can't recall if you use many wide or symmetric design lenses like my ZMs, but if so, can you opine on any differences you see with the A7s?

I recently went to Munich with my wife and brought a slew of F-mount and rangefinder lenses, and left my E to F mount adapter at home! I used the ZM25 on my A7 as a wide, but found that there was to much smudginess even at f/11, let alone the magenta, on all of my landscape-ish photos. Of course, the only logical action at the point is to head to a Leica shop this weekend to get a feel for the ME and M240

Aug 14, 2014 at 03:00 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1013 #15 · p.1013 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Is 400 a bit high for a used Voigtlander 50/1.5? M, NOT the older L39.

I can't find much info so just wondered if you guys had a general opinion...

Aug 14, 2014 at 07:38 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1013 #16 · p.1013 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ricardovaste wrote:
Is 400 a bit high for a used Voigtlander 50/1.5? M, NOT the older L39.

I can't find much info so just wondered if you guys had a general opinion...

the old ones run $400-$500 here and the new ones around $750-$850.

Aug 14, 2014 at 07:57 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1013 #17 · p.1013 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Charles - is this some sort of joke? Of course, I am only kidding. I truly wish you all the best and am looking forward to you posting again here (in around 2 months). Have a great time in Spain!

Aug 15, 2014 at 02:01 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.1013 #18 · p.1013 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ricardovaste wrote:
What you should have done is bring one M240 to Spain, and then sell it to me (within the EU). I've discovered the used market for these is fraught with scams!

Yes I should have brought it with me I sold it on ebay in less 24 hours, so there is a huge demand for the M240's and for all the right reasons.

---------------------------------------------

uscmatt99 wrote:
Charles,

I've silently admired your work in this thread for quite awhile. I actually love coming to this thread every day, though I've never held a Leica. I do have a few M-mount lenses that I use on an A7, and my ZM 25/2.8 and 35/2.8 are just not that great at the edges as everyone well knows. I haven't seen much out there regarding problematic lenses on the newer A7s. I can't recall if you use many wide or symmetric design lenses like my ZMs, but if so, can you opine on any differences you see with the A7s?

I recently
...Show more

Thank you for your kind words Regarding WA's on the A7r/A7s, having a few Leica M lenses already the 24 Lux and WATE, are amazing lenses on the A7r, combined with the DR and 36MP. I have done many large prints with the WATE/A7r combo, and it is best WA setup I have had. If I did not have these lenses to begin with, I would not have invested in them solely for the A7r. The difference with the A7s is having the large pixels, the rendering is so different or the designed have evolved, where the same lens will give you two styles of renderings. I find with the A7s, that I can used the 50 Lux Asph as well as the 35 Lux FLE. I do not need many lenses, and once I have found the combo, I usually just stick to it otherwise I become frustrated changing lenses!
As mainly a 50mm FL shooter, the A7r and A7s poses no real issues for me.

Gary Clennan wrote:
Charles - is this some sort of joke? Of course, I am only kidding. I truly wish you all the best and am looking forward to you posting again here (in around 2 months). Have a great time in Spain!

Thank you Gary I will of course post shots in Spain.

Aug 15, 2014 at 08:10 AM
fmsuopetrt0

p.1013 #19 · p.1013 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots guys

Aug 15, 2014 at 09:16 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.1013 #20 · p.1013 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hi guys,

Haven't posted in a long time, life's getting in the way. Just wanted to say that I've gone over all the pages I missed and there's some really good work!

Oh and Charles don't worry I have three bodies.. I can sell you one when you get back
Kidding kidding, I know you like your A7 series cameras.. Have fun in Spain!

Will try to post more when life slows down a bit.

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password