Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1006      
       1008              1099       1100       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1007 #1 · p.1007 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

21SEM

Jul 28, 2014 at 04:16 AM
joakim
• • •
p.1007 #2 · p.1007 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Down by the lake. M9 and 50 Lux

Jul 28, 2014 at 02:59 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1007 #3 · p.1007 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Beautiful tonality, Joakim!
Gary, enjoying your panning series, particularly the woman in red.

Sorry for the extended absence... a number of reasons/excuses. Been trying to motivate myself to catch up on some of the image backlog. Here are a couple from the French River rest stop and visitor's centre on the way up to Killarney last month. The view from each side of the bridge:

M240 & 28 Cron

Jul 28, 2014 at 05:35 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1007 #4 · p.1007 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

50lux ASPH

Jul 29, 2014 at 04:51 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.1007 #5 · p.1007 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Good use of diagonals, Gary!

Along Georgian Bay just outside the town of Killarney:

M240 and in order: 50 Lux ASPH, 28 Cron, 21 SEM.

Jul 29, 2014 at 05:24 AM
atwl77
• •
p.1007 #6 · p.1007 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Weekend family trip to the beach; I used both M240 with 50 lux asph and Sony A7R with FE 24-70Z. I accidentally left my M240 profile at 28/2.8 for a while before realizing it. By that time I had a bunch of shots with yellow-greenish corners, but luckily I was able to make an LCC profile using those same settings to eliminate the color cast.

Jul 29, 2014 at 01:10 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1007 #7 · p.1007 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron - thanks for the comments. I really like the color in those rocks in your last set. I am trying to stay away from the 28cron but you are making it difficult.

Jul 29, 2014 at 02:10 PM
joakim
• • •
p.1007 #8 · p.1007 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for comments and likes!

One more on the same theme. M9 and 50 Lux

Jul 29, 2014 at 03:00 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.1007 #9 · p.1007 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Ron, you showed me the excuse I can use for myself. Still going through all my Calgary Stampede and Longview(Alberta) rodeo images. Haven't taken a shot in a week and a half. Regretfully most shots were fast action and I used my Canon most of the time. Very nice Georgian Bay shots I like the brilliance of the orange lichens

Gary nice bicycle shot. Where are you taking those shots as of late? I warn you stay away from the Cron 28 because if you make a trip to the Camera Store I heard they have a certified preowned Monochrom for sale(not mine). That could be tempting as an accessory to the Cron.

Adrian love the pier/boardwalk shots especially the first where I see the vanishing point and the increase of height in the distance on the walk.

Joakim I like how you captured the view into the water and the reflections. THe reminds me of shooting in winter with a thin layer of ice covering the water.

Jul 29, 2014 at 08:43 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1007 #10 · p.1007 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Robert. These pics were from a recent vacation to Budapest and Prague.

Jul 29, 2014 at 09:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rscheffler
• • • • •
p.1007 #11 · p.1007 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Gary! How about we let the 28 Lux ship, then maybe you buy my Cron? I suspect the Lux will be announced for serial production at Photokina? Guessing it will be $6-7K, so not sure yet if I can stretch for it, even selling the Cron, which I'd be kind of hesitant to do anyway because it's a relatively compact optic and usually fast enough for my needs. The Lux will be on the bigger side and I'm not sure I like that it has the 21/24 Lux focusing ring and aperture design. (Too close together, especially for gloved use.) I do think, as probably mentioned before, and definitely by others, that the 28 Cron loses a little bit of its magical look on the M240. I suspect it could be the in-camera profile correction, but haven't yet tried it uncoded to see how much of a difference there is...

Robert - for me it's often a battle of wills to plow through the backlog. I've been trying to stay on top of it, but in the last couple months started to let it slide again. Other than jobs, I also haven't been out shooting much for myself. Hmm... an MM. Not that I have the $$$, but I've seen some stellar MM & 28 Cron images...

Adrian - really like the first and third, in particular. Looks like it was a bit hazy that day? Kind of adds an analog treatment.

Joakim - nice continuation of the theme!

Some from Killarney Provincial Park, where we got a bit unlucky with a bundle of firewood that was damp/green and didn't burn well, but created a photo opp as the ample amount of smoke wafted through the trees around the campsite, accentuated by the lower angle of the evening sun. Tried it with 21, 28 and 50mm lenses, but seem to like these with the 28 Cron best, and not just to tease Gary.

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:04 PM
ebookman
• • •
p.1007 #12 · p.1007 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I love it!

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:47 AM
tophoto.
• •
p.1007 #13 · p.1007 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Good evening all! It has been a while since I have been around these parts. Life has kept me busy and as usual I tend to carry my film M with me most days so the shooting I've done has all yet to even be developed! The page count sure has gone up a bit since I was last here so I will have some catching up to do, but just on this page I can see some fantastic work.

Ron: you are continuing to put out top notch content and I always enjoy your posts.
Joakim: Very nice calm image there of the reeds

I was asked to photograph a very close friend's wedding this past Saturday. I have known him for a number of years and he is very aware of my shooting, so I was a bit surprised when he asked some 6 months ago as I am not typically a wedding photographer(this was this first time I have shot one). But I am always up for something new to try, so i figured why not. His fiance and now wife is wonderful and she made everything run very smoothly the whole day which took a lot of stress off. I had a few sit downs with her to discuss exactly what she was wanting out of the images and she was thrilled when I delivered them to her earlier this evening. here is the first image I will post, a few more tomorrow as it has been a long day for me. Thanks all.

-Tom

Patti & Rowen by Thomas OConnell, on Flickr

M9/50 nokton

Edited on Jul 31, 2014 at 02:33 PM · View previous versions

Jul 30, 2014 at 05:39 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1007 #14 · p.1007 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

What a great set Ron! Love them all. And please don't mention the 28cron anymore....

Jul 30, 2014 at 05:42 AM
atwl77
• •
p.1007 #15 · p.1007 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Amazing set, Ron. And yes, there was a bit of haze; the situation has been quite bad here but fortunately the beach wasn't affected so much.

Jul 30, 2014 at 03:08 PM
joakim
• • •
p.1007 #16 · p.1007 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for comments and likes.

Ron, great set! Don't make it a habit to start a fire to get some great photos though
Tom, nice wedding photo and great to hear that the job went well.

One last on the same theme albeit a little different. M9 and 50 Lux

Jul 30, 2014 at 05:31 PM
tophoto.
• •
p.1007 #17 · p.1007 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Just a touch by Thomas O'Connell, on Flickr

35 cron asph

Jul 30, 2014 at 08:59 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1007 #18 · p.1007 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

21SEM

21SEM

Jul 31, 2014 at 04:47 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.1007 #19 · p.1007 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes!

Gary - cool find, particularly the first scene. The slightly decaying quality is something I've always loved about older European cities.

Tom - welcome back to the thread and good work with the wedding. Always nice to see a fresh eye for these, i.e. someone for whom it isn't regular, and therefore, routine work.

Joakim - like the wavy lines!

I think I already posted some selects from camping at Killarney a while back, but finally got around to processing everything recently, and redid the previous ones as well. Interesting how revisiting images, even after only a short time, can result in a different set of post processing preferences. For some of these I found myself skewing more towards a 'Velvia' look. Not sure why... but I do very much like the geography around Lake Huron and how bold the colour can be after some tweaks in post.

M240 & 28 Cron except 2 & 3 with 90 Summarit.

Jul 31, 2014 at 04:58 AM
joakim
• • •
p.1007 #20 · p.1007 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, great set. Second from last is my favorite.

I'm going to Copenhagen for an extended weekend, I'll leaving my M9 at home and instead I'm going to bring the MP and shoot film only. I'm looking forward to it and I am curios what the experience will be like.

Here is one for the road, a summer pastiche with the M9 and 50 Lux.

Jul 31, 2014 at 08:31 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password