1       2       3              377      
       379              420       421       end

Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.378 #1 · p.378 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

Charles, Steve, nice contribution.
Steve, I thought you have a e60 version as well, do you? I am very curious about that version. GFX is a really fun system.

Nov 11, 2017 at 01:29 AM
teiki arii
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.378 #2 · p.378 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thank you for sharing beautiful shots with Leica-R lenses...

Semana santa de Alicante, Leica-R 28/2.8(II), square format.

Nov 11, 2017 at 07:59 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.378 #3 · p.378 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue wrote:
Charles, Steve, nice contribution.
Steve, I thought you have a e60 version as well, do you? I am very curious about that version. GFX is a really fun system.

Not anymore. I sold it before I got the GFX. I wish I still had it to try. Right now the price difference is just too much between the E55 and E60 version. I got my E55 which is a very late model and in perfect condition for less that $1,000 and I couldn't find an E60 for less than $4,000. The E60 is a wonderful lens, and much better corrected, but the E55 has tons of character. Quite different lenses IMO. I knew from doing as much research as I could I would be able to use the E55 on the GFX with a 4 X 5 crop, but it just barely covers what is needed for that crop. Before I bought the E60 I would want to know that it covers enough of the sensor for a 4 X 5 crop and I haven't seen anyone use it on the GFX. If the E60 covered I would rather have it, but it is quite a gamble to buy it at current prices, which are historically high, when it may not work and you may be out a fair bit of money when you try to resell it. I was lucky in that I didn't lose much when I bought and sold the E60. For now I am happy with the E55 and what it uniquely brings to the table.

Nov 11, 2017 at 08:34 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.378 #4 · p.378 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

Shot of my god daughter Alex this afternoon for a clothing label

D850 and 50 Cron R 1984.

50 Cron R Mandler f/2.0

Nov 11, 2017 at 09:07 AM
teiki arii
• • •
p.378 #5 · p.378 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:39 PM
Almass
• • •
p.378 #6 · p.378 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

^^^ I like the shot of the lady with the black mantille.

Any more pics of her by any chance?

Nov 12, 2017 at 01:39 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.378 #7 · p.378 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

Shot in the garden of Archie
D850 and 50 Cron R

50 Cron R Mandler f/2.0

Nov 12, 2017 at 02:05 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.378 #8 · p.378 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

Shot later this afternoon. The SB 5000 is still working after having been blown away by the wind yesterday

Also is anyone experiencing any problems with the Lr CC Classic exporting into PS with color management. The colors are marginal warm in exporting to PS. I am using consistently for editing ProPhoto sRGB. This does not make sense. I have seen this in the past with Adobe with some of their in between updates.

50 Cron R Mandler f/2.0

Nov 12, 2017 at 03:40 AM
JohnJ
• • • •
p.378 #9 · p.378 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

charles.K wrote:
Shot in the garden of Archie
D850 and 50 Cron R

I can't bring myself to use this lens anymore, I've had one for about 20 years now. It's very sharp, no question, with nice colours, but I don't really like the busy bokeh (as seen in this pic you posted) and at F2 it's not fast enough to create the shallow dof that I like. It's great for landscapes, but it's not for me.

Nov 12, 2017 at 05:37 AM
telyt
• • • •
p.378 #10 · p.378 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

Yellow-billed Magpie
Sony a7rII, Leica 280/4 APO

Nov 12, 2017 at 06:25 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

teiki arii
• • •
p.378 #11 · p.378 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

Today, my wife asked me to shoot hers hoes for selling... I took the opportunity to use Pixel Shift mode. Processed thanks to RawTherapee...

K-1 & Leica Apo-Apsh-Summicron-R 90/2 @2.4. RT Process.

Nov 12, 2017 at 01:33 PM
jpeter
• • •
p.378 #12 · p.378 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

35-70 f4 shot at 35 f8.

The flare is nice on some shots.

JP

Nov 12, 2017 at 07:49 PM
TNCasual
• •
p.378 #13 · p.378 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

Olympus E-M10 + Leica Elmarit-R 28 2.8

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:34 PM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.378 #14 · p.378 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

Sorry guys, I forget answer your questions.
teiki arii wrote:
Thank you zhangyue!
What about D850? Do you prefer it to D810?

Yeh, definitely. For multiple level of improvement.
1. File quality, I slightly prefer its color response than D810, which itself is pretty nice.
2. focus confirmation dot is way improved to the level I can simply rely on it without using any trick.
3. Handling(deeper handle) and Bigger brighter OVF make shooting experience more enjoyable.
4. may not be R related, but LV with flip LCD is significant improved during field shooting.

Only thing I slightly prefer is quieter D810 shutter.

---------------------------------------------

Almass wrote:
Always a pleasure to see your pics. They are softlysharp as they should be.

Could you let me know the aperture, speed and ISO pls.

I am not a big fan of the D850 as most of my shots are vertical portrait orientation and hence the battery grip is always attached and it is a bit clunky.

However my main beef is with the focus point as it is always black v always red as in previous bodies. It only turns red when focus is acquired in low light conditions and it sucks as I loose the focus point location and the AF
...Show more

Thank you very much for kind comments. Most of those shots are WO. For the shots you see, ISO mainly from 64 to 200.

As for D850, you can see my comment above. I absolutely love it. It is my favorite Nikon or maybe any camera, my satisfied level is up to 7 years ago D700 level which I really know nothing about other gears (but just happy) I don't want to be too enthusiastic about any gear anymore as I handled so many but this time, I appreciate what Nikon did after so many years miss IMO.

Having said that, I slowly love DF more and more. It is a great camera for people enjoy manual control and anyone enjoy manual glass like R. D850's pixel is a little bit over kill for R glass I love TBH.

Focus point will light up if you half press shutter before shooting. It doesn't bother me at all but this is very personal.

Here is one from last weekend before my son's recital.

80lux WO with D850

Nov 14, 2017 at 02:00 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.378 #15 · p.378 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

A7s & 50 cron-R

Nov 14, 2017 at 03:10 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.378 #16 · p.378 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue wrote:
Sorry guys, I forget answer your questions.

Yeh, definitely. For multiple level of improvement.
1. File quality, I slightly prefer its color response than D810, which itself is pretty nice.
2. focus confirmation dot is way improved to the level I can simply rely on it without using any trick.
3. Handling(deeper handle) and Bigger brighter OVF make shooting experience more enjoyable.
4. may not be R related, but LV with flip LCD is significant improved during field shooting.

Only thing I slightly prefer is quieter D810 shutter.

---------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for kind comments. Most of those shots
...Show more

Michael, love this shot!

The white dot at the edge of the screen does take some practice but it is accurate with the 50 Cron R. It would be nice if there was a sound confirmation as the focus dot hits the target and maybe a slightly larger confirmation within the OVF.

I have mentally set in my mind to turn the focus ring towards the head of the arrow as this is very intuitive and fast while I have the focus dot in my peripheral vision. This really speeds up the technique and I find it as fast now as using a RF

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:29 PM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.378 #17 · p.378 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

Hi Charles, I feel the sound will be distracting if it is there, I know Canon did that .

You want make sure always turn from mfd to infinity, this way whenever the dot become solid is the correct focusing achieved. This will guarantee you are always in front of your DOF window.

For portrait, slightly front focus is acceptable but anything back focus is DOA right away.

charles.K wrote:
Michael, love this shot!

The white dot at the edge of the screen does take some practice but it is accurate with the 50 Cron R. It would be nice if there was a sound confirmation as the focus dot hits the target and maybe a slightly larger confirmation within the OVF.

I have mentally set in my mind to turn the focus ring towards the head of the arrow as this is very intuitive and fast while I have the focus dot in my peripheral vision. This really speeds up the technique and I find it as fast now as
...Show more

Nov 15, 2017 at 12:48 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.378 #18 · p.378 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

Yes I am sure the sound would drive me crazy. The first thing I do with any camera is to turn off the sound Though it would be nice to have the option at least.

Thank you for the tips again!

zhangyue wrote:
Hi Charles, I feel the sound will be distracting if it is there, I know Canon did that .

You want make sure always turn from mfd to infinity, this way whenever the dot become solid is the correct focusing achieved. This will guarantee you are always in front of your DOF window.

For portrait, slightly front focus is acceptable but anything back focus is DOA right away.

Nov 15, 2017 at 01:41 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.378 #19 · p.378 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

Shot late this afternoon
D850 and 50 Cron R

50 Cron R Mandler f/2.0

Nov 16, 2017 at 01:59 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.378 #20 · p.378 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

Shot from the weekend
D850 and 50 Cron R

50 Cron R Mandler f/2.0

Nov 16, 2017 at 06:59 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.