Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              295      
       297              321       322       end

Leica R Series Lenses

Lieutenant Z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.296 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

Early morning at the Opéra Metro station :

50 R Cron

Mar 03, 2014 at 06:14 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.296 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

^^^^
Very nice LtZ...

Mar 03, 2014 at 06:57 PM
saph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.296 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

Beautiful scene at just the right moment again Phillipe!!

Mar 03, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.296 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

I just received a LEICA ELPRO VIIa CLOSE-UP LENS FOR 90MM f:2 SUMMICRON-R on eBay. It's for the 90, and I was hoping it would fit my 50 Lux!! It doesn't...bummer! So I held it against the lens, and snapped this first pic! The last three were the 90 Summicron.
Gregg

WO, ISO 800

90 Summicron with Close-Up lens attached, f2

love the look of the OOF bokeh!

And the in focus shot,

Mar 04, 2014 at 04:48 AM
Alpha_Geist
• •
p.296 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

Greggf wrote:
I just received a LEICA ELPRO VIIa CLOSE-UP LENS FOR 90MM f:2 SUMMICRON-R on eBay. It's for the 90, and I was hoping it would fit my 50 Lux!! It doesn't...bummer! So I held it against the lens, and snapped this first pic! The last three were the 90 Summicron.
Gregg

Whoa! Very cool Gregg. After seeing your post and photos, you made me google up a Leica Elpro looking for a 55mm threaded close up adapter. Shame on you!

Mar 04, 2014 at 05:46 AM
Greggf
• • •
p.296 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

And a few taken over the weekend with the A7+50 Lux, too.

Whoa! Very cool Gregg. After seeing your post and photos, you made me google up a Leica Elpro looking for a 55mm threaded close up adapter. Shame on you!
My bad...
I'll be posting more tomorrow night as I will be taking the 90 with the ElPro to work!

Gregg

Gio chillin' on the couch

Mar 04, 2014 at 06:33 AM
Jon Tainton
• •
p.296 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

It's a deep feeling of satisfaction, when the waiting pays off and the cloud breaks to allow some 'golden hour' light through, unerringly the hill fog then rolled in, deep sigh.

An outing with the 28-90 and 1ds3

Hill fog

Hill fog lowering

Dusk

Mar 04, 2014 at 11:21 PM
cams884

p.296 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

One taken of my cat Jumar with the 60 macro.

Mar 05, 2014 at 01:58 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.296 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

350/4.8 on a nex-5n:

window by sebboh, on Flickr

Mar 05, 2014 at 04:36 PM
Kokusai
• •
p.296 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

^^^ Sebboh -- Nice edit. Has a cinematic feel to it... ^^^

cams884 -- Nice shot of your playful cat.

Jon -- I know the feeling. The anticipation and the rewards that came after it...great series with the 28-90 ASPH. BTW, the rain we've been waiting all year long came last weekend. What a welcomed sight, but more is needed...

Gregg -- Congrats on the Elpro VIIa. Spend 5 bucks on this adapter and your good to go for your 55mm threaded lenses. The bw shot of Gio running towards his brother is my favorite.

Alpha_Geist -- For 55mm lens, the Elpro 3 is the one to get.

LtZ -- Nice capture at the Metro station -- a classic stance of a phone shooter ...

Michael -- The 80 Lux portraits shots of your son is excellent. #3 is my favorite -- it has that cheeky smile. The shot below is especially for you in support of PP freedom/expression.

chibosaigon -- Welcome aboard! The ankle bracelet caught my attention. Do continue to share...

Jako -- Nice to see a fellow R shooter showing support to another R shooter with the "Post Processing Freedom of Expression" shot.

Worldinlens -- Nice series with the 35 Lux.

clmusic -- The bokeh on the 80 Lux shot is like butter ...

mmacro -- Congrats on the 50 Lux E60...

cams884 -- What film(s) did you get? My favorite 35mm color emulsions are Provia, Ektar, and Portra 400.

50 Lux E55...

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Milkman
• • •
p.296 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

Gave the Close-up adapter for the 60mm R a try. Even with live view on the M240 this wasn't easy to focus. All of those advantages and I still missed it.

L1002803 by BCMielke, on Flickr

Mar 05, 2014 at 10:35 PM
cams884

p.296 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thanks Kokusai. I just got the cheapest film I could find to start with. I don't want to waste good film while I learn how to use the camera.

Mar 06, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Greggf
• • •
p.296 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

Jon...I always like your moody landscapes. And I like the cropping of the first two images, too!

cams884...cats doing what they do best! Nice capture!

Sebboh...Incredible image! The red building literally jumps off of my screen! Great composition, too!

Kokusai...Congrats on the Elpro VIIa. Spend 5 bucks on this adapter and your good to go for your 55mm threaded lenses....I will...You're a wealth of information! And, in case you missed it from the 1.2 thread, I want your Cosina 55!! The bw shot of Gio running towards his brother is my favorite....Thank you! It is currently the home screen photo on my iPhone!!
Milkman...All of those advantages and I still missed it....Macro stuff is really hard, especially handheld! Keep trying, the 60mm is a great lens!

And finally, more shots with the 90 Cron and Elpro ll on my A7...Very difficult to focus, handheld, and without a tripod! But, when it hits, the combo is really quite awesome! And the bokeh is fabulous, too...
Thanks for looking,
Gregg

WO

Might be 2.8 or 4..

I just missed this by a hair!

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:16 AM
Greggf
• • •
p.296 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

And a few more...sorry for all the images
Gregg

this was f4, where the sharpness really comes into play..

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:18 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.296 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

Greg, beautiful Macro.
Great photos everyone. Keep them coming and thanks for nice comments/support and like, I appreciate.

35lux WO

Mar 06, 2014 at 06:45 AM
Alpha_Geist
• •
p.296 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thank you for the information on the Elpro 3 Kokusai! I'll scour the web (maybe evilbay) for a good deal on one.

Gregg, I love the close up texture in those photos! I'm going to have to get me one of those Elpros now. :P

What a great capture zhangyue! I like the sibling embrace and the anticipation for the train.

cams884 shared a photo of his playful cat doing what cats do. I took a picture of my cat. He's pretty good and doesn't give me any grief one bit. The look in his eyes tells me he wants to tell me something...nah. :P

Just messing around with the Macro setting on my new mid-range zoom, the Vario-Elmar-R 35-70mm f/4. I'm guessing it was roughly ~7" focusing distance at ~70mm (macro mode) FL. Nothing special, just having some fun!

招き猫 by Alpha Geist, on Flickr
maneki-neko (beckoning cat)
~f/5.6 1/90 2500

Mar 06, 2014 at 11:21 AM
robin bush

p.296 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

Great pictures everyone. Piha sunset taken yesterday. Canon 1ds3 Leica r 28mm v2. Lee big stopper

Piha, West Coast, Auckland

Mar 06, 2014 at 05:51 PM
Jon Tainton
• •
p.296 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

Milkman - I do admire you for attempting macro work with the live view on the M240.

Kokusai - Good to read you've had the novelty of some rain, the drought has even made news over here. The news reported the extent and severity of the drought and also how Imperial valley farmers are using prodigious quantities of the Colorado River to grow alfalfa hay, which is then exported to China. Export sales of hay are good for the US trade balance apparently …

A couple more with the 28-90 + 1ds3 from a dawn excursion. I'm not a great fan of landscapes with the sun in them, as so few images ever capture the reality, OTOH that might be due to the low DR on Canon sensors though but the 1st image does illustrate atmospheric conditions for warm unidirectional light under a cloud sheet or 'letter box' lighting.

Mar 06, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Alpha_Geist
• •
p.296 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

Jon, that first image looks like it could be from a movie! I love how the light creates texture within the clouds.

Mar 07, 2014 at 12:44 AM
robin bush

p.296 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

Nice pictures Jon, love the colours.

Lion Rock, Piha

Canon 1ds3 Leica r 28mm v2

Mar 07, 2014 at 04:35 AM
       297              321       322       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell