Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              291      
       293              325       326       end

Leica R Series Lenses

Worldinlens
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.292 #1 · p.292 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

Today's, Fuji + R50 2.0 E55

Feb 21, 2014 at 04:56 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.292 #2 · p.292 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

Leica R Trinity Should be WO
35lux

50lux (E48)

80lux

Feb 21, 2014 at 06:14 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.292 #3 · p.292 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

Great shot Michael

Feb 21, 2014 at 07:50 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.292 #4 · p.292 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

Taken in the TGV (High Speed Train) travelling at 320 Km/h through the Champagne vineyards :

50 cron

Feb 21, 2014 at 08:58 PM
Worldinlens
• • •
p.292 #5 · p.292 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue wrote:
Leica R Trinity Should be WO

Michael, you're back! I missed this bokeh and colours

Feb 21, 2014 at 09:18 PM
Picture This!
• • •
p.292 #6 · p.292 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

Michael, fantastic portraits. #2 is just amazing !

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Kokusai
• •
p.292 #7 · p.292 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

Picture This! wrote:
Michael, fantastic portraits. #2 is just amazing !

Good job, Michael! #2 for me too. You have to print it big and hang the photo on the wall.

Kokusai wrote:
LtZ -- Your shot of the violinist reminded me of a similar shot I took a couple of weeks ago -- same hand and smiling gestures. I will post it later and dedicate that shot especially to you.

LtZ -- Here's my version. Hope you like it...

50 Lux E55...

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:09 AM
JaKo
• • •
p.292 #8 · p.292 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue wrote: Leica R Trinity...
OK, (De)Lux shots these are, Michael.
You do have Leica-M Summilux 50 (not sure I recall what version/type) Did you have a chance to mount it on A7/R (not even sure your still own one!) and compare it against your Summilux-R 50 E46?

LZ: Champagne vineyards? That axplains near-field blur, but I will go with your train motion story.
In any event; an amazing shot! (reduced sharpening would make it sooo dreamy)

Feb 22, 2014 at 02:46 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.292 #9 · p.292 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

Jack, I have 50lux M ASPH, I did test it at first time I got A7R, the conclusion is it behave pretty poor until f8 cross frame. Center is pretty good, no much difference with M9. But I would say used with A7R, it worth about half of its value. So I don't recommend it. My feel is even its Bokeh suffered at corner with A7R. (notice: I use 'feel' here)

I don't recommend it for its price unless you have plan with Leica rangefinder. Then it is a totally different story.

I personally don't use R 35lux, 50lux and 80lux for anything require cross frame stuff, though from limited files I found they are all very good. I am especially puzzled by 35lux's great result giving its not so great MTF at f2.8 and f5.6.

as for 50lux R E48 stop down, it is good, but nothing to write home about it compare results I tested from 58rokkor, 50Nikkor, 50G along with all 50 lens I have. But for WO, it is a different story, it created more my preferred portraits than any other lens, it could be because of focal length, but it is just feel right to me.

So far, other than adapt leica zoom, I haven't really use other manual lens on A7 yet. My use of Leica R mainly for family stuff and I have state my preference using those on DSLR(D700) over A7 many times. It just the way it is for me.

I know you don't like AF, but still I want recommend 55FE, as from tool POV, I can't think off anything better, especially with A7R.

Edited on Feb 22, 2014 at 04:37 PM · View previous versions

Feb 22, 2014 at 06:20 AM
Almass
• • •
p.292 #10 · p.292 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue > Lux 50 E48

JaKo > Lux 50 E46??

Please elaborate!

Thank you

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.292 #11 · p.292 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

LtZ -- Here's my version. Hope you like it...

50 Lux E55...

Thanks Kokusai, great catch, I really like it.
I see this as yet another difference between Old Europe and the New World -)

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:56 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.292 #12 · p.292 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

Almass wrote:
zhangyue > Lux 50 E48

JaKo > Lux 50 E46??

Please elaborate!

Thank you

Thanks for point out.
E48 means Summilux R first version. (strictly speaking: thread is not 48mm but diameter) E46 is M version either ASPH latest version or pre-ASPH(latter version can focus down to 0.7M is E46). Mine is ASPH latest version.
I clarify my original post adding 'R' now.

Feb 22, 2014 at 04:41 PM
Kokusai
• •
p.292 #13 · p.292 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

Lieutenant Z wrote:
I see this as yet another difference between Old Europe and the New World -)

True with one thing in common -- both are enjoying life through music and are happy to have their pictures taken by strangers like you and I.

50 Lux E55

Feb 22, 2014 at 05:45 PM
Kokusai
• •
p.292 #14 · p.292 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

50 Lux E55

Feb 22, 2014 at 06:04 PM
Milkman
• • •
p.292 #15 · p.292 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

Here is my humble first addition to the thread.

Leica Vario R 28-70 f/3.5 ~ 50mm @f/3.5

Morning Light by BCMielke, on Flickr

Edited on Feb 22, 2014 at 09:14 PM · View previous versions

Feb 22, 2014 at 08:53 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.292 #16 · p.292 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

Welcome onboard, Milkman, the more the merrier.

Feb 22, 2014 at 09:10 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.292 #17 · p.292 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

Gregg -- You are making the 90 Cron sing... First shot of Gio on page 90 is my favorite because the catch light is more pronounced. Keep 'em coming...
You know I will!! Thanks Kokusai!

Greg, the two flower shots from 90cron are very impressive. Are they WO. I can't help thinking that How I can achieve this kind of bokeh at the same time with POP with 80lux at this range. might need shoot at f2? I am not sure actually…
Hi Michael...Yes they were taken wide open! The 90 Cron has incredible bokeh up close, and it's DoF is razor thin, coupled with amazing POP! Maybe the 80 Lux WO, the DoF is TOO thin to achieve those results up close! I haven't used the 80, so I can't really say...

Gregg, how does the 90 cron fare at far/infinity distance ?
Picture this...if you go back a couple pages, there are some shots I took of my youngest downtown, at mid-distance. The sharpness is really incredible, much more so than at closer focusing distances. Literally, 20-25 ft and Gio looks like he is popping of the screen! The shot is on page 287, about halfway down..
Kokusai...Love your 50 Lux shots of Chrissy Field! Last time I was there, I had my now sold Contax 28-85 with me! Your Lux shots do it justice!
Alex...Now that shot of your daughter at the top of the page looks like she's enjoying being photographed!
Michael..You're trinity(Damn, I'm jealous) Lux shots are absolutely awesome!! Love the 35's bokeh is so smooth! But the 50 Lux shot is my fav, and I agree with Kokusai that you should blow it up big!!
LtZ...What a great shot, and great idea! The background is sharp, and the moving forefront, blurred is a really nice touch!
Kokusai...the pointing portrait...was that taken down south, or is it the city(SF)?? To me, looks like SF!! And I love Saki, too!
Welcome aboard Milkman...very nice first entry!

Waiting for my A7 to get here on Monday...Since then, I've spent a gazillion $$ on adapters, just so I can use the A7 with my various lenses...Leica R's, Contax 28 2.8 & 35-70, and my Sigma's 35 and 85 1.4's...I bet Sony partnered with Metabones, and Fotodiox when they made the NEX's and A7/R so they could get a cut from the sales of adapters!!! Damn!
Gregg

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:15 PM
JaKo
• • •
p.292 #18 · p.292 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue wrote:
Jack, I have 50lux M ASPH, I did test it at first time I got A7R, the conclusion is it behave pretty poor until f8 cross frame. Center is pretty good, no much difference with M9. But I would say used with A7R, it worth about half of its value. So I don't recommend it. My feel is even its Bokeh suffered at corner with A7R. (notice: I use 'feel' here)

I don't recommend it for its price unless you have plan with Leica rangefinder. Then it is a totally different story.

I personally don't use R 35lux, 50lux and
...Show more

Thank you Michael!
Bummer `bout the Lux M 50 ASPH performance. I still don’t give up on this idea as it seems more reasonable to me, at least on mirrorless system, than going Summilux-R 50 E60 route. For now Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.5 does the trick and it does quite well.

You`re right, I am not AF devote thought if I had to shoot for $$$ it would be my way of choice. Luckily photography is my side hobby so I can stick to my principle believes of using only glass/metal MF lenses. Now, in all fairness the new Zeiss FE 55/1.8 looks like a real gem. Heck, as said already, mini Otus.

At the end patience will win and perhaps at Photokina 2014 we will see what Zeiss has to offer FE wise.
If their new line of FE looks and feels Touity-y then my choice is to `suffer` the ZM, Voigtlander M and Leica M way.

And goes without saying, R is to stay with me 

Feb 23, 2014 at 02:27 AM
Milkman
• • •
p.292 #19 · p.292 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

I have been looking into the 50 Summicron (2) I have been reading about it in the Leica Pocket Book and it doesn't mention that it was made both in Canada and in Germany. It appears from used sites though that it was. The Germany one appears to carry a hefty premium. Optically was there any difference between the two?

Feb 23, 2014 at 03:00 AM
Kokusai
• •
p.292 #20 · p.292 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

Hey Gregg -- Thanks for the kind words. Yes. The pointing portrait was taken down here in Santa Monica a couple weeks ago. I wanted to do some street shooting by Union Square, SF but ran out of time. Perhaps next time and a reason to visit the Bay Area again... Waiting for the arrival of your A7 must be driving you nuts. I hope you'll enjoy the cam as I have with mine. If you have any questions regarding operation/setup/etc. questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

LtZ -- The high speed train shot is fantastic, the effect is like a beautiful woven fabric...

Milkman -- Welcome. Beautiful portrait shot. BTW, since the zoom is variable, the 50mm wide open shot is closer to f4.0 than f3.5. Also, check this link out regarding the different versions of the 50 Cron ... Link

Jack -- ^^^ Nice bw shot of the bridge... ^^^ Moody and dreamy feeling...

Worldinlens -- I think your daughter prefers the 50 Cron over the 50 Lux from her latest expressions ...

50 Lux E55...

Feb 23, 2014 at 04:22 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password