Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              288      
       290              316       317       end

Leica R Series Lenses

mmacro
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.289 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

And the 2-headed cow (19 v1 crop)

Feb 16, 2014 at 01:02 AM
mmacro
• •
p.289 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

19 v1 full-frame. Note the smeared corners. Otherwise holds up pretty well.

Feb 16, 2014 at 01:14 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.289 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

mmacro wrote:
Leica R 19 v1 arrived today. Took it for a casual test drive on full frame. Not a bad lens, but not blown away yet either. On the plus side it retains the Leica look, on the minus corners can get very smeary and its not the sharpest crayon in the box. Here's one I pulled the exposure on.

http://mmagna.com/Leica-R-Picts/19_sunhawk_4084.jpg

crop the bottom out will make this image even more interesting

Feb 16, 2014 at 03:15 AM
mmacro
• •
p.289 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

Agreed, thanks for the recommendation. That was full frame as/is cept for the strong exposure pull in processing.

Feb 16, 2014 at 03:34 AM
Greggf
• • •
p.289 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

mmacro...The 2 headed cow is fantastic!! Cool catch!
Here are a few recent shots...
Thanks for looking,
Gregg

making my latte with the 50 Lux at f2

Mason on the couch, 50 Lux WO, with barely ANY PP at all

90 Cron WO

Feb 16, 2014 at 05:55 AM
Greggf
• • •
p.289 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

And a few more...
Gregg

90 Cron WO

A boy jumping on a running trampoline, 90 Cron WO

90 Cron WO....The below pic is roughly the same shot, but with the 50 Lux WO

WB is a little diff...it was several hours later,

Feb 16, 2014 at 06:23 AM
Alpha_Geist
• •
p.289 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

JaKo wrote:
Gregg, I believe A7/R would give you more freedom in lenses selection. Shooting DSLR narrows down your choice of, say great German glass (I was going to say ALT lenses, but I am sure it would trigger posts with various brand suggestions) to Leica-R, Zeiss ZE/ZF or Contax. But then not all Leica-R or Zeiss lenses are out of this world; some are spectacular, some are OK.
Just few months ago when shooting Nikon DSLR I was seriously considering, despite its need for modification and price, Leica Summilux-R 50 E60. Few other Leica-R lenses had my interest: Summilux-R 35 and
...Show more

Jack,

I recall reading somewhere in the Alt lens thread that the 50mm summilux-M smears a bit at the corners (possibly only on the A7r and not the A7) and the 50mm summilux-R is the way to go if you want a Leica 50mm 1.4 without the corner issues. Have you heard of this too? Or maybe I'm mixing up another lens.

Feb 16, 2014 at 08:23 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.289 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

Moving my alt shooting more onto the A7R, however this one taken Sep 13 on 5D Mk III (Cron 50).

Raven, Kinsale, County Cork, Ireland

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Worldinlens
• • •
p.289 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

Nothing special, just a summer colours... Fuji s5 + R28 E55

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.289 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

Gregg, love #2 in the 1st set.

50 cron

Feb 16, 2014 at 05:34 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JaKo
• • •
p.289 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

Alpha_Geist wrote:
Jack,

I recall reading somewhere in the Alt lens thread that the 50mm summilux-M smears a bit at the corners (possibly only on the A7r and not the A7) and the 50mm summilux-R is the way to go if you want a Leica 50mm 1.4 without the corner issues. Have you heard of this too? Or maybe I'm mixing up another lens.

Thank you Adam,

First of all my apologies for high jacking this R thread, but I will make it quick.

Yes, you're right it was Summilux-M 50 ASPH and Pre-ASPH that raised some peoples’ concern.
But you know what, just like with everything else there will be negative opinions about all gear out there. Based on posted images I can easily live with A7R/Summilux-M 50 combo. Secondly, you get a fast lens to shoot WO and not to worry about corners, especially at infinity.

Ron Shaffler's Summilux-M 50

Leica-Boss

H.Hackbarth

more from H.Hackbarth (including Nokton 50/1.5)

Feb 16, 2014 at 05:42 PM
saph
• • • •
p.289 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

Well there doesn't seem to be any problem with the 50 Summicron R either Love the depth of colors.

SlowBurns by maryland_photos, on Flickr

Feb 16, 2014 at 08:28 PM
saph
• • • •
p.289 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

Kokusai, very nice pics of that bearded gentleman, and especially the one of the lady in the stripy dress.

Gregg, beautiful sets with the 90 Cron and 50 lux. Reminds me I need to use my 90 more. You are showcasing both lenses very well!!

Manu, the flower with the 100 Apo Macro is amazing. Well done!

Mmacro, good job with the 50 Cron, hope to see more from Athens Georgia! And I like the cat with the 35 lux as well as the 2-headed cow with the 19.

Joakim, like the rendering on the 35mm lens with the 60 2.8.

Philippe, depend upon you to get that moment in time again at the steps! Interesting processing too!

Robin, outstanding Auckland scene with the 28 R.

David, nice capture of the Irish raven with the 50 cron!

Feb 16, 2014 at 08:46 PM
mmacro
• •
p.289 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

35 r summilux abstract from this evening at f1.4

Edited on Feb 17, 2014 at 01:49 AM · View previous versions

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM
cams884

p.289 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

Just inherited an R kit from my Grandmother. Included is an R4, Elmarit 24mm/2.8, Macro-Elmarit 60mm/2.8 and Vario-Elmar 75-200/4.5. All with hoods and the 1:1 adapter for the 60mm.

I'd appreciate a bit of a summary on this gear. Its strengths and weaknesses etc, as this is my first foray into the (quite large) world of Leica.

I've got an A7 that I plan to use them on as well as get into some film (which I've never done before).

And because this is a photo thread, one with the 60mm on the A7:

Jumar Portrait by CameronS884, on Flickr

ta

Edited on Feb 17, 2014 at 11:48 AM · View previous versions

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:07 AM
saph
• • • •
p.289 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

Mmacro, love the colors and the lines in that abstract!

Cams, what a kit to inherit! And a great start with the cat portrait. I am pretty new to Leica, and don't have any from the R set you have. There should be several posters here who can provide input. I can say that the 50 and 90mm Summicron f2 and the 180 3.4 Apo Telyt are superb lenses. The 180's minimum close focus distance is longer than I would like, that's about the only weakness I have come across, among the three that I have.

Here's another cat portrait, with the 90mm Summicron. Had to mount that after seeing Gregg's marvelous sets with it.

ThoughtfulCat by maryland_photos, on Flickr

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.289 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

cams884 wrote:
Just inherited an R kit from my Grandmother. Included is an R4, Elmarit 24mm/2.8, Macro-Elmarit 60mm/2.8 and Vario-Elmar 75-200/4.5. All with hoods and the 1:1 adapter for the 60mm.

I'd appreciate a bit of a summary on this gear. Its strengths and weaknesses etc, as this is my first foray into the (quite large) world of Leica.

I've got an A7 that I plan to use them on as well as get into some film (which I've never done before).

Congrats Cam on that Leica-R inheritance, and on that really nice cat portrait.

I have the Macro-Elmarit 60/2.8 and 1:1 adapter, using them on a Canon 5D MK III until recently and will now bias their use on a new A7R.

The 60 is IMHO, a fantastic lens and is also useful for gen purpose photography, only inhibited in that regard by the long focus throw due its macro bias. Either with or without the adapter it gives wonderful macro results, with beautiful bokeh, as in fact is nicely seen on the LHS side of your cat pic.

I have a few Macro-El 60/2.8 shots stored in this set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/smoooooth-lll/sets/72157633270978111/

The 24/2.8 is I believe already regarded as a good performer on the A7(R). I just tried to buy one advertised
on Gumtree but the interstate seller wasn't interested in posting. Pls let me know if you want to sell yours!

The beauty of the Sony A7 / Nex E mount system in general is that you get to keep your lenses in native R mount AND use them easily on the Sony.

I have no experience of the R4 and 75-200, however your plan to buy film is a great move.

cheers,

David

Edited on Feb 17, 2014 at 01:53 AM · View previous versions

Feb 17, 2014 at 01:32 AM
JaKo
• • •
p.289 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

Speaking of shooting wide open, all lenses exhibit unique character that photogs fall for or not. This is one of lenses, IMO that shows its 'pleasing' side at full aperture.

Feb 17, 2014 at 01:46 AM
mmacro
• •
p.289 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

Great/thoughtful cat photo Saph.

+1 for the 60 macro elmarit

Feb 17, 2014 at 01:54 AM
mmacro
• •
p.289 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

Greggf wrote:
mmacro...The 2 headed cow is fantastic!! Cool catch!
Here are a few recent shots...
Thanks for looking,
Gregg

Thanks Greg! See some gems in your recent shots as usual.

#2 is my overall favorite, and #1 has me jonesin for a Latte

Feb 17, 2014 at 02:01 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password