p.274 #1 · p.274 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

Red dot red?

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
mjm6
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.274 #2 · p.274 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

Kokusai wrote:
carstenw -- I see. Looking forward to see your work from the urbex tour.

All -- Thanks for the comments and the many likes from the Ducati shots -- what a beautiful piece of engineering.

Here's a couple from the other day. After taking the first shot, this well-dressed gentleman gave me a smile. I walked up to him and asked if I may take a photo of him. He happily nodded and I chose to do a full body portrait because he looked so sharp from head to toe.

50 Lux E55...

Dang... put that guy on the cover of a magazine for the clothier. Well put together... Excellent photo, too.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Kokusai
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.274 #3 · p.274 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thanks Michael...

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:13 PM
clmusic
• • •
p.274 #4 · p.274 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

Kokusai wrote:
carstenw -- I see. Looking forward to see your work from the urbex tour.

All -- Thanks for the comments and the many likes from the Ducati shots -- what a beautiful piece of engineering.

Here's a couple from the other day. After taking the first shot, this well-dressed gentleman gave me a smile. I walked up to him and asked if I may take a photo of him. He happily nodded and I chose to do a full body portrait because he looked so sharp from head to toe.

50 Lux E55...

Very nice portrait. I like the color rendering.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Kokusai
• •
p.274 #5 · p.274 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thanks clmusic.

A few more with the 50 Lux E55...

Feb 13, 2014 at 02:28 AM
Greggf
• • • •
p.274 #6 · p.274 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

Carsten...let me know if you ever decide to rid yourself of the 35 Lux And all your HDR shots from the past are incredible! I should follow the Zeiss thread more often!
Kokusai...That's what I'm talking about!!(A7+ 50 Lux)!! Super sharp photos of the gentleman, and then of the people! I want this combo, really bad! I love my 1D4 and 50 Lux(90 Cron, too), but I'm tiring of carrying the combo around! Plus, it's a attention grabber with a huge body(1D4)...
I might just have to bite the bullet here soon!
Gregg

Feb 13, 2014 at 04:25 AM
Greggf
• • • •
p.274 #7 · p.274 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

A couple from today with the 90 Cron...
Thanks for looking,
Gregg

Feb 13, 2014 at 05:54 AM
mmacro
• •
p.274 #8 · p.274 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

Great shots Greg & Kokusai!

These Rs simply do not disappoint, which has been part of my problem, lol. I've amassed too many so have decided to slim down some as have duplicates and lots of redundancies across focal lengths. All are in great condition and well-priced: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1273339

If seriously interested in any listed, please PM me.

Feb 13, 2014 at 07:08 PM
clmusic
• • •
p.274 #9 · p.274 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

Gregg, your pics from the Cron 90 are great. I am selling one here to try out the Lux 80 but your pics make me rethink

Feb 13, 2014 at 07:08 PM
Kokusai
• •
p.274 #10 · p.274 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thanks Gregg and mmacro and everyone for the likes.

Gregg - I'll be in the Palo Alto / Stanford area over the weekend. If you are available, we can meet up for you to test drive the A7 + R lens combo. Let me know.

All -- Remember to buy your wife some flowers and candies for Valentine's day to earn you some brownie points to buy those awesome 'R' lens from mmacro.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone...

50 Lux E55...

Feb 13, 2014 at 08:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Picture This!
• • • •
p.274 #11 · p.274 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

Gregg, nice work with the 90cron.
kokusa, great street shots with the lux. Natural processing and very pleasing.

Here's one from this morning from one of my favorite lenses ever.
A7r + 100 APO macro

Feb 13, 2014 at 09:05 PM
mmacro
• •
p.274 #12 · p.274 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

Picture This! wrote:
Here's one from this morning from one of my favorite lenses ever.
A7r + 100 APO macro

Lovely!

Feb 13, 2014 at 09:26 PM
mmacro
• •
p.274 #13 · p.274 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

A few quickies from around the house this evening with a Summicron 50mm v1.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Greggf
• • • •
p.274 #14 · p.274 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

Gregg - I'll be in the Palo Alto / Stanford area over the weekend. If you are available, we can meet up for you to test drive the A7 + R lens combo. Let me know.
Are you flying up, or driving? I would love to meet, but this is my wife's weekend to work!
So I'll be hanging with my boys!
If your driving north, then I thought we could meet! Btw, love the couple shot above! And I love the A7/50 Lux combo even more. What fantastic images!!
Picture this...thank you for the kind words! Very nice rose(?) shot! I'm loving the 90 Cron, too! Tons of character, and mid distance sharpness and pop is phenomenal!!
Mmacro...great tree shots with the 50 Cron. Love how the light catches certain branches!! Can't go wrong with the Cron!! Damn...I should coin that phrase!! I really want to jump on your 35-70, btw, but I have to refrain!!!!!! I really want an A7 first!! And I really would like the 60 Elmarit, too....
Gregg

Feb 14, 2014 at 01:32 AM
Greggf
• • • •
p.274 #15 · p.274 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

A few more recent shots with the 90 Cron.
Gregg

Feb 14, 2014 at 02:55 AM
Greggf
• • • •
p.274 #16 · p.274 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

Kokusai...which adapter are you using for your R lenses to A7?

Feb 14, 2014 at 03:54 AM
JaKo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.274 #17 · p.274 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

Gregg wrote: I really want an A7 first!!...

Gregg, I believe A7/R would give you more freedom in lenses selection. Shooting DSLR narrows down your choice of, say great German glass (I was going to say ALT lenses, but I am sure it would trigger posts with various brand suggestions) to Leica-R, Zeiss ZE/ZF or Contax. But then not all Leica-R or Zeiss lenses are out of this world; some are spectacular, some are OK.
Just few months ago when shooting Nikon DSLR I was seriously considering, despite its need for modification and price, Leica Summilux-R 50 E60. Few other Leica-R lenses had my interest: Summilux-R 35 and eventually Summicron-R 90 ASPH. Well, A7R changed my options. Summicron-M 90 ASPH is often available in great condition for much le$$ than its R counterpart, and the M version is also smaller to top it. The same story with Summilux 50; M version is smaller (no need for 1” long R  E adapter) and available brand new for le$$ than R. Heck, the gorgeous Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.5 ASPH LM, which supposed by be a copy of Summilux 50 pre-ASPH can be purchased brand new for $1000!
Compactness of rangefinders lenses is a very luring option for me. I am putting some of my Zeiss ZF glass on the market just to replace it with Zeiss ZM and Leica M versions. Forum member Ron Scheffler posted interesting reviews on various rangefinder lenses’ performance on Sony A7/R. His reviews may help you with your decision making.
For me; I am keeping my current Leica-R glass, Zeiss optical marvels like Distagon 21/2.8 or Makro-Planar 100/2 and few other DSLR oddballs, but my future purchases will most likely be Leica/Zeiss rangefinders lenses.

Feb 14, 2014 at 04:47 AM
Greggf
• • • •
p.274 #18 · p.274 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thanks Jack, for the info. I pretty much have the lenses I want at the moment, and I do want to be able to use them on both the A7 and 1D4. I only have 2 AF lenses at the moment-Sigma's 35 and 85 1.4's. Using the 90 Cron, has made me consider selling the 85, but I use the 85 for my oldest sons sports, and it works pretty well. Who knows? But after seeing yours and Kokusai's images with R glass and the A7/R, I'm jonesin pretty bad! The Sony files look awesome! I rented an RX1 from Roger awhile back, and was blown away...and I know the A7/R files to be similar, if not better!!
Gregg

Feb 14, 2014 at 06:34 AM
Greggf
• • • •
p.274 #19 · p.274 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

Some more 90 Cron shots from today!
Thanks for looking!
Gregg

shot at 2.8

Feb 14, 2014 at 06:36 AM
Greggf
• • • •
p.274 #20 · p.274 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

And a shot with the 50 Lux E55 wide open...
G

struggling with the WB...

Feb 14, 2014 at 06:48 AM
1       2       3              273      
       275              356       357       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              273      
       275              356       357       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password