New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              266      
       268              420       421       end

Leica R Series Lenses

p.267 #1 · p.267 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

Sorry to interrupt, here a few shots from 35 2.0 E55 at f/8 (D800 RAW), yes extreme corners softer a bit but does not so terrible by my opinion for real photography
http://yadi.sk/d/Ud9VrjkZGvVqQ

Jan 29, 2014 at 05:48 AM

p.267 #2 · p.267 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

DMR R80

Jan 29, 2014 at 09:03 AM
wilco23
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.267 #3 · p.267 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

Alex, Looks like you have fixed your DMR

Jan 29, 2014 at 09:09 AM
Greggf
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.267 #4 · p.267 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

Very nice Alex! Gotta love the R80's bokeh...so smooth!
Gregg

Jan 29, 2014 at 09:42 AM
xenon99
• •
p.267 #5 · p.267 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

Worldinlens wrote:
DMR R80
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5001/49690153.3c/0_b342f_efef0a4c_orig.jpg

Beautiful!

Jan 29, 2014 at 09:56 AM
Greggf
• • • •
p.267 #6 · p.267 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

Sorry for all the posts! As Alex so eloquently put it when I got my 50 Lux..."it's nirvana"!!
Gregg

Probably one of my fav photos ever! Mason would run ahead, turn around, and Gio would run to him, and bear hug Mason! 50 Lux wide open

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Picture This!
• • • •
p.267 #7 · p.267 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

Luvwine wrote:
Thx Manu. Do you use the lens on the Sony a7r on a tripod? If so, is the camera mount solid enough or does one need to use an adapter tripos mount?

Steve, I've taken only a few shots with it on the A7r thus far but yes tripod, novoflex adapter and higher than 1/150 shutter speeds. Been very pleased with the lens' performance on the sony. I have a RRS L plate on the camera and have been using that, seems solid. But I'm planning on getting the tripod collar for the novoflex adapter as I start using longer lenses. I wouldn't put anything heavier than the 180/3.5 without using an adapter tripod mount.

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:11 AM
JaKo
• • • •
p.267 #8 · p.267 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

Alpha_Geist wrote:
Jako, I noticed some of your 35mm cron-R E55 (fabulous!) photos you posted here. I'm in the process of purchasing this exact lens (rom) in absolute mint condition. The deal was too good to pass up. I was reading what Erwin Puts had written about the lens (1977 and later ver2?) and he noted that the edges aren't as good as the first version and wide open the contrast is a bit lower as well. I recently read elsewhere that this lens is more of a "street reporter" than a landscape lens. I guess the "street reporter" would be more
...Show more

I would get the Cron-R 35 E55 without any hesitation. It's such a great lens with its unique character that I use it the most of my all Leica-R lenses. I wouldn't narrow its usage only to "street reporter" but rather, say "non-planar" type. It excels in center frame subject isolation, but once you use lens profile correction (if you use Adobe RAW converter it is) than it's acceptable for other use as well.

Gregg, Manu, clmusic, Jon and others; thank you so much for your inspirational comments and likes. Much appreciated!

Havana doors:

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Greggf
• • • •
p.267 #9 · p.267 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

Jack...really like the second shot. The open door, so dark, is mysterious!
Gregg

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Picture This!
• • • •
p.267 #10 · p.267 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

Jack, those are very fine shots. The open doors lead the eye into the scene and create a sense of mystery as Gregg rightly put it.

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Luvwine
• • • •
p.267 #11 · p.267 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

Picture This! wrote:
Steve, I've taken only a few shots with it on the A7r thus far but yes tripod, novoflex adapter and higher than 1/150 shutter speeds. Been very pleased with the lens' performance on the sony. I have a RRS L plate on the camera and have been using that, seems solid. But I'm planning on getting the tripod collar for the novoflex adapter as I start using longer lenses. I wouldn't put anything heavier than the 180/3.5 without using an adapter tripod mount.

Thanks again. Turns out I already own the Novoflex tripod collar, so I can use that if I want. Not sure what longer lens might be affordable. Maybe getting the 2x extender might fill the need, at least for landscape as the 280/4 seems a bit pricey...

Jan 29, 2014 at 01:21 PM
Alpha_Geist
• • •
p.267 #12 · p.267 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

Worldinlens wrote:
Sorry to interrupt, here a few shots from 35 2.0 E55 at f/8 (D800 RAW), yes extreme corners softer a bit but does not so terrible by my opinion for real photography
http://yadi.sk/d/Ud9VrjkZGvVqQ

Awesome! I'll have a look at the RAW when I get home. I only have the a7, so the 36mp will be a treat!

Jan 29, 2014 at 01:55 PM
Alpha_Geist
• • •
p.267 #13 · p.267 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

JaKo wrote:
I would get the Cron-R 35 E55 without any hesitation. It's such a great lens with its unique character that I use it the most of my all Leica-R lenses. I wouldn't narrow its usage only to "street reporter" but rather, say "non-planar" type. It excels in center frame subject isolation, but once you use lens profile correction (if you use Adobe RAW converter it is) than it's acceptable for other use as well.

Gregg, Manu, clmusic, Jon and others; thank you so much for your inspirational comments and likes. Much appreciated!

Havana doors:
http://www.kozera.ca/photos/images/_DSC0901_640.jpg
http://www.kozera.ca/photos/images/_DSC0882_640.jpg

Thank you very much Jack for the details of the 35! The subject isolation quality of this lens is what I'm most excited about. One thing that Erwin doesn't mention is color. How is the color rendition (non PP) of this lens. Would I be wrong to assume that it's warmer than the zeiss equivalent?

Once again, thank you very much for you help!

Jan 29, 2014 at 02:00 PM

p.267 #14 · p.267 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

wilco23 wrote:
Alex, Looks like you have fixed your DMR

Win, R9 had locked shutter with DMR (common situation when u try to push the button of multiply exposure, after that the camera starts to thinking that need rewind the film and locked shutter) All my actions for unlock was without results until I installed original battery grip and film back. I take them from another R8 for quick time. Now the system works like terminator

Gregg, thank you for feedback, but mine shot just about nothing Yours all different from mine, I am feeling that you soul in your E55 now. I can perfect understand first emotions and first months with leica bokeh, it's like a first love's emotions - u never forgot it and never return... In future would be possible to learn the lens in different situations for same feelings, for example I had second "opening" R50E55 when tryed to shot bokeramas last summer

Jan 29, 2014 at 03:46 PM
JaKo
• • • •
p.267 #15 · p.267 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

Alpha_Geist wrote:
Thank you very much Jack for the details of the 35! The subject isolation quality of this lens is what I'm most excited about. One thing that Erwin doesn't mention is color. How is the color rendition (non PP) of this lens. Would I be wrong to assume that it's warmer than the zeiss equivalent?

Once again, thank you very much for you help!

You may want to browse through few pages of posted samples regarding Leica vs. Zeiss

Jan 29, 2014 at 05:28 PM

p.267 #16 · p.267 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

What happened with sky colours Jack? )

Jan 29, 2014 at 06:00 PM

p.267 #17 · p.267 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

Some from DMR, trying to understand possible colour processing

Jan 29, 2014 at 06:38 PM
Alpha_Geist
• • •
p.267 #18 · p.267 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

JaKo or any other 35 cron-R owners. I just noticed that the 35 e55 has a little hole on the face of the lens between the lens serial number and the word Leica. Is the purpose of the hole to allow the lens to breathe when focusing?

Jan 29, 2014 at 07:50 PM

p.267 #19 · p.267 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

Alpha_Geist wrote:
JaKo or any other 35 cron-R owners. I just noticed that the 35 e55 has a little hole on the face of the lens between the lens serial number and the word Leica. Is the purpose of the hole to allow the lens to breathe when focusing?

No, this hole for small screw in deep for additional fixing this front decorative ring

Jan 29, 2014 at 08:19 PM
DocsPics
• • • •
p.267 #20 · p.267 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

My bud Chester....

800e with Leica R 90 APO

Jan 29, 2014 at 09:20 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.